Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,692 members, 7,837,553 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Rules For Increasing House Rent - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Rules For Increasing House Rent (341 Views)

I Need Help Please, My Landlord Is Increasing House Rent Every Year / Landlord Increasing House Rent; Justifiable Or Wickedness? / 3 Things To Do When Landlord Increases Your House Rent In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rules For Increasing House Rent by iyaayi(f): 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2020
good day, good people of nairaland.
pls I want to increase my tenants house rent from 150k and 250k p.a respectively to 200k and 300k The value to be added by the expiration of the current tenancy would be floored compound.
How many months notice should I give?
location is Tanke, Ilorin
tnx
Re: Rules For Increasing House Rent by kmaster007: 3:30pm On Dec 04, 2020
iyaayi:
pls I want to increase my tenants house rent from 150k and 250k p.a respectively to 200k and 300k The value to be added by the expiration of the current tenancy would be floored compound.
tnx
Ur a wicked being... so, you wanted to make life hard for Ur follow Human being... dis life sha

1 Like

Re: Rules For Increasing House Rent by spiralwedge(m): 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2020
You don't have to increase their rent to floor the compound. The flooring is for your own good. It makes water to flow to a drainage rather than sinking to the ground and thereby softening the blocks.

If your tenants had done the flooring on your behalf, they would have requested that the amount be deducted from their rent.

So, what's the increase all about? So, it's their fault now that they rented a house that hasn't been floored?

I for one would never rent such a house.
Re: Rules For Increasing House Rent by true2home(m): 5:33am On Dec 05, 2020
LOL... SO its ok to upgrade but not ok to recoup the funding Rent is a business, loan from bank at interest! I guess you want the landlord to kick them out first, do the upgrade and invite another willing tenant?

spiralwedge:
You don't have to increase their rent to floor the compound. The flooring is for your own good. It makes water to flow to a drainage rather than sinking to the ground and thereby softening the blocks.

If your tenants had done the flooring on your behalf, they would have requested that the amount be deducted from their rent.

So, what's the increase all about? So, it's their fault now that they rented a house that hasn't been floored?

I for one would never rent such a house.
Re: Rules For Increasing House Rent by vital123: 9:44am On Mar 19, 2022
iyaayi:
tnx
It's good you are adding value to the house before increasing the rent. Try and confirm what tenants in that environment pay for similar apartments. Don't mind those who don't know your building was for business.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FOR SALE Quarter plot of Land At Ogudu, 4.5m / 3 Bedroom Frsc Estate Lokogoma Abuja / Short Let Apartments And Hostels, Let's Share Experiences.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.