Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K (39290 Views)

Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos / Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station / Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by DisGuy: 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2020
Reference:
grin What is wrong with you folks. You shout train!, train!, we want train! eh. Now Nigeria has mortgaged the future of her children's children to give you train. Billions of dollars in debt and you want to be paying 500 naira....one miserable dollar.

How much of one dollar will buy diesel, how much will pay staff, how much will pay for maintenance....how much will start paying debt. You folks better get real. If you are all too poor to go by train then there is no hope whatsoever of development.... kai, this is serious.

Has this become a white elephant already...kai...kai....were there no economists involved in the planning...?

The economist didn't see Covid19 and $1-N500 coming...na so so theory them sabi anyway
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by spiralwedge(m): 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2020
rowosky:

True
When Mowe to Ketu is 300
How will berger to ibadan now be 500
He doesn't know prices have skyrocketed since covid
I used to pay 2500 from Mowe to Ilorin it is now 4500
But 3000 for Train is far too much

If you hitch a bus from Mowe to Ibadan, it's N500.

Sometimes 700, but i can't pay more than 500.
From Ibadan to Ilorin, there are several places... I enter mine 1k or 700.

Ignorance makes you and others always shout lies lies instead of learning quietly

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by naijadrivablog: 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2020
DisGuy:

Many people keep saying it should be cheaper....why should it be cheaper?

1. More passengers will drive the transport fare down. Compare fare of taxicab to Danfo to Lagbus.

2. More fuel economy as a result of infrequent stops. (whether diesel or charcoal powered).
3. etc
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by DisGuy: 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2020
miky:
lol the problem with Nigerians you think everything is free

The same people wanting bullet like trains and fast trains want to pay 1000
naira, thats 2 dollars for a ticket..

Una no well

Thank you o

Same people that are sharing a measly 5000MW keep shouting for bullet trains like Japan
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by AreaFada2: 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2020
nku5:
Under GEJ in 2013 I took a train from Minna to Lagos. Nice airconditioned coach with charging points for about N2000 shocked yet na Buhari una say una want. Issokay
Let's say inflation has doubled the price you paid in 2013 from 2k to 4k in 2020.

Still way cheaper than business class Lagos to Ibadan at 5k.

But they Said Jonathan didn't do anything. No single thing on ground. No Fed universities, no trains, no hundreds of almajiri schools, no TSA, no fertilise e-wallet, new better Lagos-Benin Road, nothing.

Zombies still swear by it despite paying 3,500 for a bag of cement as we speak. I forgot, most are almajiri and urchins. They have no business with cement or traveling on trains sef. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Greatuzoewulu: 8:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
This government is never serious. Who will patronize them with this high price.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by nku5: 8:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
AreaFada2:

Let's say inflation has doubled the price you paid in 2013 from 2k to 4k in 2020.

Still way cheaper than business class Lagos to Ibadan at 5k.

But they Said Jonathan didn't do anything. No single thing on ground. No Fed universities, no trains, no hundreds of almajiri schools, no TSA, no fertilise e-wallet, new better Lagos-Benin Road, nothing.

Zombies still swear by it despite paying 3,500 for a bag of cement as we speak. I forgot, most are almajiri and urchins. They have no business with cement or traveling on trains sef. cheesy grin

They have a covenant with suffering grin That route is grounded. I tried to go by train back to Minna from Lagos last year and was told that the tracks needs repairs so and they couldn't tell me when it would be fixed. Maybe 2022

2 Likes

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Tareq1105: 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2020
seunmsg:
Too expensive.

Amaechi doesn't understand the peculiarities of Lagos to Ibadan route.

The rush on Kaduna to Abuja route is bcoz of the activities of kidnappers.

This cannot be said of Lagos - Ibadan route where there's no kidnapping.

Apart from that, Kaduna Abuja is more than 200 km while Lagos Ibadan is less than that.

Hon Minister, how much is Abeokuta to Lagos? I ask bcoz of those of us that works in Lagos but lives in Abeokuta.

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Reference(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
naijadrivablog:
Are you kidding me? Train that should be cheaper than road transport

But the reverse is the case right now because while the train service is clearly an investment, road transport infrastructure remains a social service by government. But this can quickly change if the government wants to protect is economic basket.

Presently government spends a horrendous amount maintaining and upgrading roads. You can ask Fashola about that. It will not stand and see an equally expensive investment in the rail line go white elephant, belly up and I will be darned if it will agree to pay subsidies on passenger tickets while at the same time maintaining for instance the Lagos - Ibadan expressway at such high cost.

My guess is that as soon as the expressway is out of rehab it will be tolled and perhaps high enough charges to drive traffic to the rail services which is a win for government in reduced wear and tear which has always been a key reason for the rail line anyway.

However what government should realise ultimately is that passenger rail transport is not sustainable anywhere in the world. The great railways of India, Russia, Kenya and America have passenger services which on their own do not make money. Rather it is in combination with freight services they are able to stay in the black and offer an affordable service.

To get that in Nigeria thus, the entire national rail network has to be completed so that the Dangotes, BUA's, Coca-Cola's, MRS's of this country can transport their cement, drinks, fuels and other sundry goods to subsidise the cost of passenger fares. It is they who will repay these humongous loans. It is to them these introductory services should have been targetted.

But they donot generate the kind of propaganda a government like this desires so it has its priorities mixed up. The British did not build the African rail network for tourism. It was built for exploitation. That cold hard fact is the key to success here. Railroads or any other subsidies on transport anywhere on earth as social service only leads to bankruptcy.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Lamasta(m): 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
obailala:
Where exactly did Nigerians get this weird idea from that trains are supposed to be cheaper than road?
By all standard and means train ought to be cheaper compared to road transport...

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Reference(m): 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
naijadrivablog:

1. More passengers will drive the transport fare down. Compare fare of taxicab to Danfo to Lagbus.

2. More fuel economy as a result of infrequent stops. (whether diesel or charcoal powered).
3. etc

Don't worry. Three or four toll gates on the expressway will rebalance the equation. The toll gates will subsidise the train service. There are many ways to skin a cat.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by kay29000(m): 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2020
uptimum123:
I know Amaechi is joking

it's 1k or make them hold their train

Lol! I swear. I thought it would be no more than 1k5. 3k is too much. Abi bus transporters have gone to bribe them or something.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by RioCarputo(m): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
phorget:
3k from Lagos to Ibadan, how much will they now charge from Lagos to Bornu?
100thasand
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by CeterisXVII: 8:41pm On Dec 04, 2020
obailala:
Where exactly did Nigerians get this weird idea from that trains are supposed to be cheaper than road?

It is often cheaper because in other countries petrol is not subsidised like it is done here, so fuel costs are high, which in variable leads to higher transport costs.

It also costs money to go through tolled roads and parking fees also apply in many areas.

At the end of the day, it becomes cheaper to go by rail. Especially if it is a long distance journey.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by ubox: 8:48pm On Dec 04, 2020
obailala:
I wonder what they'll say if they hear the prices of bullet train.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Yahsallam2021(m): 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2020
tamdun:
This is a joke right? Elo gan ni won ngbe ibadan lati mile 2
#1,550.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by kay29000(m): 8:50pm On Dec 04, 2020
ppogba:

Drivers can't hike fare becos of this knowing fully well that there are enough vehicles that will take far less amount especially from toll gate.

Anywhere you are in IBD, just find your way to the toll gate area and you are as good as being in LAG already.

Very true. That's what I do most times. And it's not really because of the reduction of cost, but because of my anxiety...I just can't wait for buses to get filled up at Iwo Road parks, or at Challenge. So, I just head over to Toll Gate, where buses and Sienna's get filled up in minutes...and we join the express right away.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Juoflife1(f): 8:51pm On Dec 04, 2020
Aba to ph by train N200. Life is good smiley
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Abdogood(m): 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2020
This govt ehn... Who dey advise them self. In 2007 - 2008, I always board train from Abeokuta to Minna for less than 3000 naira First Class ooo.

How can now now enter train to Ibadan for 6k. This guys think with them anus I swear!

With 6k fuel on car, I go blow go Ibadan tro n fro and still get change.

Sole from berger is 600naira.

Them go sell ooo.

Train that did not reach island.

Anyway sha. This is a project for the elite. Not for the poor.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by DisGuy: 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2020
naijadrivablog:

3. etc

1. If this was a single track narrow gauge rail it will probably be cheaper as the cost of running it will be much lower. As the case with Abj-Kad fare- it's only covering the operational cost. Perhaps if- a big if- private sector comes in to offer more then that assumption will work, at the moment they're barely covering the cost and hoping to gain some profit with haulage

2. Cost of diesel just shot up
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by kay29000(m): 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2020
picklighthouse:

Personally I think it is too expensive. Shouldn't be more than 1500 for economy, 2000 for business and 3000 for first class.

The distance between Abuja and Kaduna by rail is 138km, and the rail distance of Lagos to Ibadan 157km. But I understand the Lagos/Ibadan rail has 7 station stops along the line. Which will make the journey slower. Won't it be better if I hop into a bus or car which are cheaper and faster by road?

The minister needs to explain the rational behind the fare. Because I believe it is volume of traffic that should drive revenue here not fare.

It is definitely too expensive, but road can never be faster than rail on that route...you can spend 6-7 hours on that Lagos-Ibadan journey sometimes because of traffic, that's why I have been waiting for this rail to be completed, but 3k is too much.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by chaloskyx: 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2020
NASO TRAIN THAT WOULD SOON BREAK DOWN REFURBISHED DEATH TRPS YOU CALL TRAIN I KNOW IN ANOTHER 20 YEARS THOSE TRAIN TRACKS WOULD BE NON EXISTENT CAUSE ALL WE KNOW HOPW TO DO IS WASTE MONEY AND NEVER MANTAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by emaraide: 8:58pm On Dec 04, 2020
The earlier this people realise that government is to provide essential services for the people at affordable price the better for us. Private bus from Lagos to ibadan If u stand along is #500 even with fuel @165. Then government owned train will charge 3000 to 6000. I rather go by bus.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Dpharisee: 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2020
Decryptor:
So funny that Afonjas who were hailing Buhari and Amaechi for the rail will not be able to afford it. grin

Everytime you mention Buhari they will tell you he built Lagos Ibadan railway, now see all of them lamenting that they will take bus N500 instead of train 3k to 6k grin grin

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Coinbased: 9:23pm On Dec 04, 2020
When bus ride cost just N600 thank you Buhari
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Whitelookq: 9:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
NdigboWorldwide:

Actually the safest is Air and not Rail.

Am not the one that said it is rail, it's google.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Guestlander: 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Sha don't enter ritualist bus o. Even Ajah from Berger na 1k tongue

Sensible comment. I am sure they can get Ibadan bus for less than N500 but the risks are too high.
The market will eventually dictate the fare.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2020
rejoice4eva:
The last time I checked, railway transportation is cheaper than road transport. Why is everything in this nation seems lopsided and upside-down

Not really though. Buses are cheaper than railway. But those are High Speed Trains. For the speed of this train, it is supposed to be cheaper than a bus.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2020
akinreals:
Make una continue u hear, Ibadan bus from Berger is 500naira, train 3k to 6k, una go sell una hear

Waasorire...God will bless you for me.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Johnson225(m): 9:57pm On Dec 04, 2020
Flokywaya:

how much
45,000 sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

An Overview Of Lagos-Airport Road Construction - Photos / Names Of Bus Stops From Ajah To Lekki / Tourists On Vacation In Africa See Python Inside Their Engine(video+pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.