Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K (39280 Views)

Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos / Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station / Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by NdigboWorldwide: 10:23am On Dec 05, 2020
obailala:
I think the price should be driven by demand and supply; book your ticket early, you get cheaper rates and vice versa. In an ideal situation if managed properly like a business, these trains should be able to pay for themselves and payback their loans. But we all know what's obtainable in Nigeria; by 2022, govt would cut the prices to N750 for election and the rail loan would keep being paid by oil money.
If they put the price to 1000, I think they will never lack passenger because it will be more than confortable travelling by road.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by obailala(m): 10:24am On Dec 05, 2020
peeps4u:

How will train safe more time than bus? Is it faster than bus or what and also considering the time they will take to get ticket?
Trains should be faster than bus. These are standard gauge trains, not those old narrow gauge slow ones going from lagos to minna.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by obailala(m): 10:26am On Dec 05, 2020
NdigboWorldwide:

If they put the price to 1000, I think they will never lack passenger because it will be more than confortable travelling by road.
The price should be dynamic just like flights, not fixed. If the ticket demand increases, price should increase and vice versa. The moment govt starts fixing price, that's where these trains start dying.

The price fixing is already bastardising the abuja to kaduna trains; that's why you see officials hoarding tickets and selling to highest bidders. If the price is made dynamic, and tickets can clearly be bought online, then a massive corruption ring would be blocked.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by ZiggyMr(m): 11:02am On Dec 05, 2020
DOA Dead On Arrival.. when Dem Neva stop "so le" I go stay for mowe find "so le" for 650naira.
They are mad
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by NdigboWorldwide: 11:03am On Dec 05, 2020
obailala:
The price should be dynamic just like flights, not fixed. If the ticket demand increases, price should increase and vice versa. The moment govt starts fixing price, that's where these trains start dying.

The price fixing is already bastardising the abuja to kaduna trains; that's why you see officials hoarding tickets and selling to highest bidders. If the price is made dynamic, and tickets can clearly be bought online, then a massive corruption ring would be blocked.

I get your point, but let them at max put the Lagos Ibandan price at 1k for a start to encourage people for now.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Decryptor(m): 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2020
Dpharisee:

Everytime you mention Buhari they will tell you he built Lagos Ibadan railway, now see all of them lamenting that they will take bus N500 instead of train 3k to 6k grin grin

I swear! grin grin grin
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Decryptor(m): 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ogbuu101:

grin grin grin
They should do an experiment and build a train from Lag to Onitsha and put a price tag of 15K, IPOB go still pay grin grin happily grin

That is it!

This government in their hatred for the Easterners decided not to build infrastructures that will give them (the government) revenue but in order to spite the Easterners, built it for the SW and North but in the end, it becomes a white elephant project!

Which yoruba man will pay N3,000 for a train ride to Ibadan from Lagos while those their outdated Mazda and Nissan Buses can take them there for N500? But like you rightly said, Igbos will pay for it conveniently if it was sighted in their location.

Useless government!
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by peeps4u: 1:15pm On Dec 05, 2020
obailala:
Trains should be faster than bus. These are standard gauge trains, not those old narrow gauge slow ones going from lagos to minna.

I was expecting this kind of reply but we're talking about the old refurbished trains brought to Nigeria.
And are these Nigerian trains faster than bus?
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by komodapson(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
toyetade:

You are not a decent person and a low lifer. If you have any point to counter what have been said you put it forward without having to insult others. Admin should be removing people like you from this platform

Pèlé o...high-lifer, you no c see as ur life be? People like you who embraces mediocrity are reason why our Nation remain stagnant, wallowing in quagmire of underdevelopment.

when did failure of a subject became an insult? Can you now see you have problem...

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by obailala(m): 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
peeps4u:

I was expecting this kind of reply but we're talking about the old refurbished trains brought to Nigeria.
And are these Nigerian trains faster than bus?
Absolutely YES!

These latest rail tracks being built are standard gauge just like what's obtainable in devoloped parts of the world; the tracks can also carry the high speed trains you see in developed countries and lastly, the latest trains being placed on the tracks are not slow speed trains as you think. I think when you hear the word 'train', your mind keeps going back to those older rickety trains than run on narrow gauge tracks; that's not the case for these new trains you've been hearing about (i.e. the ones associated with the new Abuja-Kaduna and Lagos-Ibadan tracks).
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by ChevKing(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2020
The Govt took loan from China in our name to suffer us bah.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by fxdee(m): 6:56am On Dec 06, 2020
kay29000:

It is definitely too expensive, but road can never be faster than rail on that route...you can spend 6-7 hours on that Lagos-Ibadan journey sometimes because of traffic, that's why I have been waiting for this rail to be completed, but 3k is too much.
not always and this is due to construction going on.. Normal travel time is less than 2hrs...
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by kay29000(m): 7:28am On Dec 06, 2020
fxdee:
not always and this is due to construction going on.. Normal travel time is less than 2hrs...

Bro, how often do you pass through that route? I am on the road right now. I know what the travel time is if there is no traffic, but there is always almost traffic on that road...at least for the last 4 years I have been passing through there constantly.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by rowosky(m): 11:03am On Dec 07, 2020
spiralwedge:

If you hitch a bus from Mowe to Ibadan, it's N500.

Sometimes 700, but i can't pay more than 500.
From Ibadan to Ilorin, there are several places... I enter mine 1k or 700.

Ignorance makes you and others always shout lies lies instead of learning quietly

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Voiceofthestree: 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Shut. Up. I don't enter sole. Solo to. Ritual bus

Then why you deh talk wetin you don’t know you be mumu instead for you to mention garage you deh talk like say nah you sabi pass
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by phlyhienhigh(m): 4:11am On Feb 06, 2021
How much is transport fare from berger to redemption camp.
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by DisGuy: 7:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
phlyhienhigh:
How much is transport fare from berger to redemption camp.

How much is it from Yaba to Ibadan? How many hours too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dana Airline Hostess Avert Air-Hijack / Government Truck Falls Off Near Third Mainland Bridge / Man Dies In Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Road. Do You Know Him? (Disturbing Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.