Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,804 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible (4608 Views)

T.B Joshua Donates N5 Million To Man Whose Wife Was Killed By Police In Lagos / The Way Bible Was Written Is Confusing All Pastors / How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by rover321: 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2011
The Black wife vanished from the Bible. I had never heard of this before until now. What do others think?

see the youtube video for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAB9yNNKCoM&feature=player_embedded
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Mar 23, 2011
rover321:

The Black wife vanished from the Bible. I had never heard of this before until now. What do others think?

see the youtube video for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAB9yNNKCoM&feature=player_embedded

Who said that the black wife vanished from the Bible?  You better read your Bible instead of depending on hearsay.

"And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman." -- Numbers 12:1 (KJV)

This would have been after his first wife Zipporah, had died when his siblings started running their mouths against this remarriage.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:27pm On Mar 23, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Who said that the black wife vanished from the Bible?  You better read your Bible instead of depending on hearsay.

"And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman." -- Numbers 12:1 (KJV)

This would have been after his first wife Zipporah, had died when his siblings started running their mouths against this remarriage.

Y'know I scarcely knew about this part of Moses life. the guy like good thing ooh
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 23, 2011
Zipporah was the 'black' wife.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by KunleOshob(m): 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2011
@Olaadegbu
Did the bible tell you that Moses first wife died before he married a second wife? Why are you forcing your opinion into scriptures It is common knowledge that polygamy was very rampant and allowed amongst the
ancient israelites
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2011
i've never seen any bible verse that said moses was a polygamist.

besides, as an egyptian prince, it's highly unlikely because the royal classes of egypt didnt practice polygamy.

even moses' biological parents werent recorded as such.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Image123(m): 3:19pm On Mar 23, 2011
Kuns don come again with false braggado, rampant ko ramboxers ni.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by KunleOshob(m): 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2011
I have not said Moses was a polygamist, I am just pointing olaadegbu's false assumption which is very likely to be wrong as polygamy was very rampant amongst the ancient israelis

@tpiah
He was a 'former' egyptian prince. What stops him from adopting the culture of his people after he left the egyptians?
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
It doesnt follow that all the ancient isrealites practiced polygamy.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 23, 2011
Besides, at that level, polygamy might have been too risky for him since it would hinder the work he was called to do.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Image123(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2011
Kuns, hope you've not 'been on bacchus' like my friend Olaadegbu might ask you? She(tpiah) said
it's highly
unlikely because the
royal classes of egypt
didnt practice
polygamy.
Not the opposite. And i was particular about the 'rampant' part of your post, not moses' family life. Get sober, don't let the devourer mess with you lol.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by poweredcom(m): 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2011
Yeah Moses is indeed a Black man, Nimrod ,Jesus, all are sons of Jacob ,
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by eddy1977(m): 10:22pm On Mar 23, 2011
What difference does it make?
isnt the bible suppose to be about the inner man and not the outward?

i always get confusion on this side on nairaland.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58am On Mar 24, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Y'know I scarcely knew about this part of Moses life. the guy like good thing ooh

How do you expect to know when you are busy licking lager instead of lapping on the word. tongue
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:06am On Mar 24, 2011
KunleOshob:

@Olaadegbu
Did the bible tell you that Moses first wife died before he married a second wife? Why are you forcing your opinion into scriptures It is common knowledge that polygamy was very rampant and allowed amongst the
ancient israelites

That is what I concluded. The fact remains that the black wife was not missing from the Bible as the poster has claimed. I know that you advocate for polygamy (as well as drinking alcohol), can you show us from scripture that Moses was polygamous?
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by KunleOshob(m): 6:58am On Mar 24, 2011
@tpiah
There is overwhelming evidence in the bible that ancient Israelites practised polygamy so we don't need to argue on that.

@olaadegbu
Stop being dis-honest, I am not an advocate for polygamy all I stand for is the truth and there is nowhere in the bible were polygamy is condemned even though it was commonly practised amongst the Israelites. As far as consumption of alcohol is concerned, there is sufficient evidence in the bible that even you are aware of that our lord Jesus christ used to consume alcohol so what is all this your hypocrisy about?
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
KunleOshob:

@tpiah
There is overwhelming evidence in the bible that ancient Israelites practised polygamy so we don't need to argue on that.

@olaadegbu
Stop being dis-honest, I am not an advocate for polygamy all I stand for is the truth and there is nowhere in the bible were polygamy is condemned even though it was commonly practised amongst the Israelites. As far as consumption of alcohol is concerned, there is sufficient evidence in the bible that even you are aware of that our lord Jesus christ used to consume alcohol so what is all this your hypocrisy about?

You are not an advocate for polygamy and in the same breath you claim that "there is nowhere in the bible where polygamy is condemned". Have you read Deuteronomy 17:17 amongst others before you jumped to that conclusion? If you had been attending a bible believing church instead of worshipping at the alter of bacchus you would have come across passages in the Bible where adultery is forbidden. And what evidence have you got that says that Jesus Christ consumed alcohol?
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by KunleOshob(m): 1:17pm On Mar 24, 2011
@olaadegbu
You know we have been through this before and my points have been proven beyond any iota of doubt from the scriptures, so stop trying to be clever here.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by GreyBeard: 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2011
Just to be clear. Many prominent Men of God in the Bible had more than one wife. For example:
Lamech had 2 wives,
Jacob had 4,
King David had at least 8
and King Solomon who was the wisest man in the world had 700!
The ancient Egyptian ruling class were also known to be very polygamous.

Although the New Testament encourages by implication marriage to one wife, the Bible does not condemn polygamy.

Having said that, I don't know how anyone can marry more than one woman. One is enough wahala sef. Not to talk of two  grin
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by KunleOshob(m): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2011
@Grey beard
Brilliant summize! Facts are glaring except to those who would rather choose to ignore them to support their delusions.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 24, 2011
Grey beard the egyptian ruling classes werent polygamous. Plz lets not turn the thread into a polygamy argument. Just do your homework and let me know anywhere you find info supporting what you claim. In ancient egypt, the lower classes were the ones allowed four wives. The monarchy didnt practice the same.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2011
@graybeard can you also show me anywhere in the bible where moses is called a man of God.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 24, 2011
Kunle oshob the thread isnt supposed to be arguments for or against polygamy. There are countless instances of non-polygamous isrealites, so why are you getting upset.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by KunleOshob(m): 5:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
@tpiah
Your question should directed at olaadegbu. Ask him why he lied that Moses first wife had died before he married a second wife.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Image123(m): 6:06pm On Mar 24, 2011
Kuns, you don dey vex be that? Be sober.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by KunleOshob(m): 9:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
@image
I no dey vex, as usual I am just standing for undiluted biblical truth. It is glaring from the passage under reference that olaadegbu added his bias into scripture.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2011
KunleOshob:

@tpiah
Your question should directed at olaadegbu. Ask him why he lied that Moses first wife had died before he married a second wife.

many people assume the cushite/ethiopian/black woman being referred to was a different wife, since she wasnt mentioned by name.

moses wasnt a polygamist, therefore others assume the incident must have occurred after the death of zipporah.

so, its easier to feel moses was either a polygamist or a widower, but the evidence says otherwise.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by GreyBeard: 12:56am On Mar 25, 2011
tpiah!:

@graybeard  can you also show me anywhere in the bible where moses is called a man of God.

Na wa for you tpiah. Are you trying to tell me that Moses who God spoke to on a regular basis one on one, who God used to create a civilisation and perform huge miracles like parting the Red Sea was not a Man of God?

tpiah!:

Grey beard    the egyptian ruling classes werent polygamous. Plz lets not turn the thread into a polygamy argument.  Just do your homework and let me know anywhere you find info supporting what you claim. In ancient egypt, the lower classes were the ones allowed four wives. The monarchy didnt practice the same.

Is that so? I think you better do your homework:

Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 25, 2011
^^
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Menkaura.jpg

Menkaura flanked by the goddess Hathor (left) and a nome goddess Bat (right). Basalt statue in Cairo Museum.

menkaure and queen

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/MenkauraAndQueen_MuseumOfFineArtsBoston.png
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 25, 2011
Grey Beard:

Na wa for you tpiah. Are you trying to tell me that Moses who God spoke to on a regular basis one on one, who God used to create a civilisation and perform huge miracles like parting the Red Sea was not a Man of God?

show me any bible verse which describes moses as a man of God.

you dont get my point, which is grouping him together with solomon, david, and the other ones you named, is wrong and not showing a real grasp of what you read.

was Jesus called a Man of God? No.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 1:15am On Mar 25, 2011
Ok, i stand corrected since i looked up the relevant verses myself.

Moses was indeed called a Man of God, but notwithstanding, he's still not to be compared with David and Solomon, since his mission was a different one entirely, compared to theirs.
Re: Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 25, 2011

Man of God

Man of God, in the Hebrew Bible is a title of respect applied to prophets and beloved religious leaders. The term appears 77 times in 71 verses of the Hebrew Bible, in application to up to 12 individuals:

Moses (Deut. 33:1; Josh. 14:6; Ps. 90:1; Ezra 3:1; 1 Chron. 23:14; 2 Chron. 30:16) Moses is the only person called “man of God” in the Torah.

The angel of the Lord who appeared to Samson’s mother (Judges 13:6, cool whom she may have taken to be a prophet (Leviticus Rabbah 1:1)

The man who chastised the Priest Eli (1 Sam. 2:27) whom Sifre identifies as Samuel’s father Elkanah (Sifre to Deut. 342:4)

Samuel (1 Sam. 9:6, 7, 8, 10)

David (Neh. 12:24, 36; 2 Chron. 8:14)

Shemaiah (1 Kings 12:22; 2 Chron. 11:2)

The man from Judah who cried out against King Jeroboam of Israel (1 Kings 13:1 (twice), 4, 5, 6 (twice), 7, 8, 11, 12, 14 (twice), 21, 26, 29, 31; 2 Kings 23:16, 17) whom the rabbis identify as Iddo (Sifre to Deut. 342:4; Pesikta de-Rav Kahana 2:85; Zohar 2:64a)

Elijah (1 Kings 17:18, 24; 2 Kings 1:9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

The man who told King Ahab of Israel that Israel could defeat the Arameans (1 Kings 20:28) whom Sifre identifies as Micah (Sifre to Deut. 342:4), but who from context might also be Elijah

Elisha (2 Kings 4:7, 9, 16, 21, 22, 25, 27 (twice), 40, 42; 5:8, 14, 15, 20; 6:6, 9, 10, 15; 7:2, 17, 18, 19; 8:2, 4, 7, 8, 11, 19)
Hanan son of Igdaliah (Jer. 35:4)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_God

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spiritual Meaning Of LOL / Muslim Vs Christian Conversation / Meme Wars: Post Your Memes On What You Think Of Religion And Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.