Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,800 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? (26066 Views)

FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer(pes),which Is Better? / Registration Code For Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 / Fifa Vs Pro Evolution Soccer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by sley4life(m): 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2009
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Sauron1: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2009
Gekko:

you guys are victims of marketing hype, you are attracted to the flashy looks of fifa

Everything about FIFA is tight on PS3.
It seems there's no difference on PS2 between FIFA and PES so i won't argue. . . .but on PS3, there's a universe of difference.

There's no marketing hype here. . . . .What you pay is what you get.
Fast connection to anyone anywhere in the world and there's little or no lagging.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2009
PES all the way
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by bgees(m): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2009
FIFA officially killed the competition with Fifa 08. u need to play it on xbox 360 and ps3 to really appreciate it.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

It seems there's no difference on PS2 between FIFA and PES so i won't argue. . . .but on PS3, there's a universe of difference.

Fast connection to anyone anywhere in the world and there's little or no lagging.

I suggest you continue enjoying fifa and leave pes fans alone because they wont budge unless they play it which they probably wont.
Do you know that i actually encountered fifa by default. I was still in the states when PES 2008 came out on PS3 and you know how it takes like 5months after it is released in europe before you get it in the states. Well, being a hardcore PES fan, i ordered it via play.com. Unfortunately, there were several delays. (something about royal mail bleeping up due to the festive season). Anyway, i decided i could go ahead and just by FIFA 08 because i couldnt just let by PS3 and full HD tv go to waste on some war games only.

The first few games were annoying because i kept saying this fifa is a useless game jare. When will my SURU (pes) arrive juh. After playing a few more times and finally playing people online, my opinion about the game started to change. The final point was when my PES finally arrived and i almost threw my fifa CD away. THank God i didnt. I played PES expecting the superb game i was used to. Boy was i dissapointed. I finally realised how good FIFA was. I put my FIFA cd back in and the rest is history. Until PES comes up with a new ENGINE for the next gen consoles, it is FIFA all the way.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Gekko(m): 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

I agreed with you already that FIFA online play is better, however online play is not the end all or be all of playing video games.  Remember, there are other modes of play.
I get bored playing FIFA, players run at the same speed, defenders doing dribbles they cant dream of, lack of control, its a joke.  Gameplay on PES is about as close to real soccer as you can get, nice touches, great finishes, tons of sublime moves and tricks, strategy use. Simply put PES is much more intelligent
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Sauron1: 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2009
Gekko:

I agreed with you already that FIFA online play is better, however online play is not the end all or be all of playing video games.  Remember, there are other modes of play.
[s]I get bored playing FIFA, players run at the same speed, defenders doing dribbles they cant dream of, lack of control, its a joke.  Gameplay on PES is about as close to real soccer as you can get, nice touches, great finishes, tons of sublime moves and tricks, strategy use. Simply put PES is much more intelligent[/s]

That is so 2005-ish.
FIFA have improved all those since 2008. . . . . . .
There's no game out there as close as REALISM as FIFA 09.
Why not swallow a bit of pride and try playing it for 1 week. . . . .I have noticed fans of PES quickly dismiss FIFA as they lose the first few games they play on it. Face the challenge instead of backing off.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Gekko(m): 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

That is so 2005-ish.
FIFA have improved all those since 2008. . . . . . .
There's no game out there as close as REALISM as FIFA 09.
Why not swallow a bit of pride and try playing it for 1 week. . . . .I have noticed fans of PES quickly dismiss FIFA as they lose the first few games they play on it. Face the challenge instead of backing off.

Here some news for you, I actually started playing Fifa from 98-2009. I played PES 09 for the first time on PS3 and I haven't turned my back since. I rather wait for PES 2010 than play FIFA. Enjoy though! wink
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by omar22(m): 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2009
PES all the day of the week
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by mykali(m): 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2009
i really used to be a FIFA fan, but then it was all too cartoonish.
but since i played PES 2005/2006 and then jumped all the way to PES 2008.
I was like . . .''damn, this shit is fantastic''
i waited so much for PES 2009 to show up, and when it took so bleeping long, i opted for
FIFA '09 hoping to ''endure the boring experience''
those fu.ckers proved me wrong. the only game i had in my PS3 for a month was FIFA '09
When i finally bought PES, i noticed there were a lotta differences, but FIFA killed it.

another thing . . . i love the Music E.A has to offer in the FIFA games grin
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by akigbemaru: 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2009
Like they say, it used to be PES or Konami on soccer game. I like fifa better now, I can wait till fifa 2010 comes in October. I am ready to get one.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by ayotee2000(m): 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2009
Winning Eleven nko?
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by kaydee(m): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2009
All y'all claiming you played Fifa 98,I got a "Quiz",Please what comes up at half time and at the end of a match?

Anyone who's kicked the round leather before will tell you PES is more like it. FIFA was it till PES
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Sauron1: 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2009
kaydee:

All y'all claiming you played Fifa 98,I got a "Quiz",Please what comes up at half time and at the end of a match?

Anyone who's kicked the round leather before will tell you PES is more like it. FIFA was it till PES

I did not buy FIFA 09 to wait for what comes up AFTER THE GAME.
I bought the game to play THE GAME not wait around for AFTER THE GAME.

FIFA whups PES on PS3.
End of!!!
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Gekko(m): 9:17pm On Sep 10, 2009
kaydee:

I've been trying to explain that to these guys but they prefer to kick around plastic balloon balls instead of leather.  undecided
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by chic2pimp(m): 9:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS. As long as there is a footy C.D on my ps3,I couldn't care less what brand of game it was to be honest with y'all.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Gekko(m): 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2009
chic2pimp:

DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS . As long as there is a footy C.D on my ps3,I[b] couldn't care less what brand of game it was to be honest with y'all.[/b]

Guess that means you don't have any valuable input to this debate.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by azeezbaba(m): 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2009
A-town:

I suggest you continue enjoying fifa and leave pes fans alone because they wont budge unless they play it which they probably wont.

U are right because a PES fan like me will not budge. I cant imagine mysef playing FIFA. U guys keep talking about online gaming, how many Nigerians have access to broadband internet for online gaming.

I beg i no dey play online. I love my PES 09. End of story
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by UNLEASHED(m): 1:32am On Sep 11, 2009
I have FIFA09 (PSP) and i think i like it!! hear the commentary, you'll love it!
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by kaydee(m): 1:40am On Sep 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

I did not buy FIFA 09 to wait for what comes up AFTER THE GAME.
I bought the game to play THE GAME not wait around for AFTER THE GAME.

FIFA whups PES on PS3.
End of!!!

the quiz is for those claiming they played FIFA 1998, I know why i am asking
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by moonraker(m): 5:42am On Sep 11, 2009
haha, u guys are funny

i dont play online so i certainly would not know what u guys are talking abt.

i play my fifa 09 on my pc which can handle it. i also have Pes 09 on my pc too,

want do i think?? as much as i really love fifa 09, the players are certain not real,

their eyes are white in color for reasons i have no ideal abt. on the other hand, PES

is actually someworth real to me, sooo one point for PES. now the game play seriously

sucks in PES. the guys that are saying that gameplay sucks in Fifa 09 have either not played the game

or are just making uo stuff, when i say gameplay, i mean formations, wing play etc,

Question to PES fans; So becos you can score goals easily, thats y u think PES is good??

just try fifa 09 in world class and u will understand the true meaning of football, case closed
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by t0kunb0(m): 8:25am On Sep 11, 2009
FIFA 09 beats PES 09 on PS3. . . .try playing using an HDMI cable

I gotta feeling it's gonna dtay d same for FIFA 10 & PES 2010 angry
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by sammy6(m): 10:03am On Sep 11, 2009
Walahi its PES for life WTF is FIFA
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2009
moonraker:

or are just making uo stuff,  when i say gameplay, i mean formations, wing play etc,
Question to PES fans; So becos you can score goals easily, thats y u think PES is good??
just try fifa 09 in world class and u will understand the true meaning of football,  case closed
You've just showed the whole NL users you know nothing about PES.
Mr moonwalker, my 7yr old nephew knows its easier to score goals on FIFA compared to PES
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Dauchman(m): 11:47am On Sep 11, 2009
Anyone in here who says PES08/09 is better than Fifa 08/09, especially on the new generation consoles has obviously not played either games, probably has never played anything on a new generation console. There is just no comparison. Have you seen the ratings for both games? Or sales figures? if you really want to see what FIFA 09 has to offer visit this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amzrro5YCR0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF0muJ4hMGY

Let me give you guys a little hint on what to expect next month from Fifa. Have u ever wondered why it is so difficult to move in all directions on any soccer game? Well FIFA 10 would end all that next month. A new age in soccer games has finally arrived, thanks to EA sports. I had the opportunity of playing FIFA 10 on one of EA's roadshows in Canada, my mouth is still wide open till this moment. For Konami to surpass dat they would need to give us live football.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by NobleOnye(f): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
ill go for PES anyday, although pes 6 sucks!, 1-4 were good!, PES 5,8 & 9 are d bomb!
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by iceland(m): 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2009
PES any day! FIFA is for the dumb white guys. And the dumb black that want to play too
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2009
Dauchman:

Let me give you guys a little hint on what to expect next month from Fifa. Have u ever wondered why it is so difficult to move in all directions on any soccer game? Well FIFA 10 would end all that next month. A new age in soccer games has finally arrived, thanks to EA sports. I had the opportunity of playing FIFA 10 on one of EA's roadshows in Canada, my mouth is still wide open till this moment. For Konami to surpass dat they would need to give us live football.
u guys really dont know your shit . . .
Konami came up with this concept before FIFA, the solution was to add more movements and also include individual misleading moves(will be used when trying to dribble). Before you can only move a player in 8 directions but now with 300 additional movements included, you can move in any direction you want.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Dauchman(m): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2009
@ tboy1
Konami came up with this concept before FIFA, the solution was to add more movements and also include individual misleading moves(will be used when trying to dribble). Before you can only move a player in 8 directions but now with 300 additional movements included, you can move in any direction you want.

O! Let me guess EA stole it from them. Means that even in industrial espionage they still beat Konami. In what year did they come up with that? And dude its not 300 additional movements but now you can move 360 degrees making for fluid movement and dribbling. Try and hook up to ESPN and listen to everyone talking about EA revolutionizing soccer games. I do not hear them saying Konami. Oops! pardon me i forgot, EA paid them to do that.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by ritchboy(m): 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2009
pes is for football heads. . .

fifa is for girls/retards

simple  grin
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by JNeil: 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2009
In my opinion, the FIFA stuff is best, with all the effects and all. i'd say 100% out of 90%. shocked grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by candylips(m): 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2009
I currently have a PES 9 which is great. i will need to try FIFA to make a fair comparison

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Hack and Install Games On Your PS4 Console, for as Low as 1K each. / Dox Ose, Guinness World Record Attempt: Longest FIFA Live Stream Marathon / *************funny Gaming Pictures **************

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.