Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? (26067 Views)

FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer(pes),which Is Better? / Registration Code For Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 / Fifa Vs Pro Evolution Soccer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by paks: 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2009
I cant really say which is better because i have not been able to crack my pro evolution 09.i need tips on how to crack my pes09.but fifa is cool.i use vista.pls help me.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2009
Dauchman:

@ tboy1
O! Let me guess EA stole it from them. Means that even in industrial espionage they still beat Konami. In what year did they come up with that? And dude its not 300 additional movements but now you can move 360 degrees making for fluid movement and dribbling.
its actually 300 not 360, u'll hardly notice the difference btw 300 and 360 so they'll just tell you its 360
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Gekko(m): 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2009
paks:

I cant really say which is better because i have not been able to crack my pro evolution 09.i need tips on how to crack my pes09.but fifa is cool.i use vista.pls help me.

hmmm! You want someone to aid you in a public forum on how to pirate a software?  
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by darqly(m): 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2009
Well like someone mentioned, some if us do not play online so it's irrelevant. On the other hand, these two games cater to two distinct categories of gamers.

I'm a FIFA person by default i.e- I always get the latest releases, and I've had them since the SNES. My first encounter with PES was on a PSP, and the thing I noticed about it was it's attention to DETAIL. By jove, Stevie G DOES look like Stevie G and the player movts, motion and fluidity is really REAL.
FIFA has glamour, glitz and MUSIC! But thats not to say it's no fun as well.U pay the price for ineptitude as a manager grin
At the moment, I play both. If asked to choose? I'll keep it close to my chest grin
Psst- FIFA
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Dauchman(m): 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2009
tboy1:

its actually 300 not 360, u'll hardly notice the difference btw 300 and 360 so they'll just tell you its 360

Dude i know the difference between 300 and 360 degrees. 360 allows you move in every direction. the player goes exactly where you want it to go to, 300 can never be the same as 360, get your facts straight.

I just visited Konami's site to confirm what you said and they had nothing to say about 300 degrees movement.

This is all they had to say;

Description

Pro Evolution Soccer is a video game built on pride, the pride that comes from making the most realistic soccer experience one can have within the world of gaming. Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 does not disappoint and this year, the voices of fans world-wide have been heard. Based in Japan, Winning Eleven Productions has instituted a host of anticipated changes that make PES 2010 the best yet.

In PES 2010 you'll find yourself on the largest stage in digital soccer: The Champions League. Imagine you're in a 1-1 tie in stoppage time against Manchester United. You've broken their defense and are sprinting full throttle into a man to man match of wits and reflexes with Edwin van der Sar,  Do you have what it takes to punch it in for the win?

Product Features

* Introducing Transcendent Visuals - PES will offer drastic improvements in license content, stadium atmospheres, player likenesses all the way down to the specific moves of the real life players. When you play as Messi, it will be like Messi is playing.
    * Evolution of Intelligence - PES will draw upon the real life excitement of soccer which relies heavily on intelligent defenses and offensive schemes. The AI is redone and will feature Teamvision 2.0 for a more formidable opponent. It will also help your offense to build attacks or to close down your opponents attacks. Gamers will be able to execute orchestrated attacks and defenses which involve multiple players at the same time.
    * The Power of Choice - In addition to the UEFA Champions League mode, players will have more choices than ever. They can choose any of the modes including an enhanced Master League mode enabling players to create and manage their team for a longer period of time. In addition there will be multiple cups to play for and an edit mode to further personify your team.
    * Online Reinvented - A new dedicated section of the PES production team is committed to improving the online side of PES 2010. More downloadable content is also planned. Konami has supported PES 2009 with the release of new licensed teams, transfer updates, etc, and this support will grow for PES 2010. Team and content updates are planned throughout the game’s lifespan. These will make the game even more bespoke to the player’s match day needs.

Most of what they have written we have already seen in FIFA.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 8:57pm On Sep 11, 2009
@ Dauchman
pls use ur internet and check what Shingo Takatsuka said in a press conf. in germany in regards to creating 300 more movements(used to be only 8 movements). Would have checked it for u but kinda busy now cool
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by azeezbaba(m): 10:54pm On Sep 11, 2009
I think i should go and buy the fifa 2009 and see what it looks like. But i know that it cant be better than PES 2009
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by triistar86: 2:03am On Sep 12, 2009
Well I dont even have to think twice about which it. . . . PES2009 all the way mehn. . . It cant get better. I have played both and to me FIFA09 is expressionless very stereotyped and not as creative as PES2009. . . Thats just my simple opinion . . . We all definitely cant agree on one the same thing! Even though PES2009 has its flaws I will still choose it over FIFA09 any day any time on PS3.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tatsumaru(m): 10:54am On Sep 12, 2009
Fifa has all the countries in the world and most world clubs, pro evolution only has a selected number of countries and clubs. Also, fifa is easier to control than pro evolution soccer.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by mamagee6(f): 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2009
FIFA is the best.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by candylips(m): 11:35pm On Sep 12, 2009
nope
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by baekdoosan(m): 7:34am On Sep 14, 2009
Lets take a look at the game designers and their experience. FIFA was designed by EA SPORTS and PES was designed by KONAMI. Not only does FIFA create official sport games for all major sports in the world, but they have been into sports long before konami decided to jump from MGS, Zone of the enders, etc into sports.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Nezan(m): 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2009
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by candylips(m): 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2009
baekdoosan:

Lets take a look at the game designers and their experience. FIFA was designed by EA SPORTS and PES was designed by KONAMI. Not only does FIFA create official sport games for all major sports in the world, but they have been into sports long before konami decided to jump from MGS, Zone of the enders, etc into sports.

i dont think i understand your logic here
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Dauchman(m): 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2009
tboy1:

@ Dauchman
pls use your internet and check what Shingo Takatsuka said in a press conf. in germany in regards to creating 300 more movements(used to be only 8 movements). Would have checked it for u but kinda busy now  cool

Tboy1, You need to read this, not just you all PES fans for the smart ones this should bring an end to this debate.

"Konami appeals for gamers’ feedback; chance to win a part in the upcoming TV ad

Ardent fans of football series PES will be that bit more excited this morning with the official website for Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 going live.

The portal offers plenty for fans to get stuck into including the latest PES news, integration with official stats body PES Rankings, behind the scenes development info and a number of player profiles.

Konami is also appealing for fans to get in touch with their suggestions regarding what should and should not be changed for the next outing.

There’s also the chance to win a starring role in the upcoming UK TV ad campaign, which may well feature Liverpool front man Fernando Torres, who was recently confirmed as the official face of the game.

Whilst FIFA has nearly always lead the annual UK football game sales battle, PES is the traditional critics champ, though recent times (and last year in particular) has seen dampened enthusiasm for Konami’s title with head developer Shingo Takatsuka heaping praise on EA’s game engine and promising a change of fortunes for the next PES release"

To authenticate you can go to the site yourself
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/34977/VIDEO-PES-2010-site-goes-live
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Dauchman(m): 4:02pm On Sep 14, 2009
tboy1:

u guys really dont know your shit . . .
Konami came up with this concept before FIFA, the solution was to add more movements and also include individual misleading moves(will be used when trying to dribble). Before you can only move a player in 8 directions but now with 300 additional movements included, you can move in any direction you want.

Pro Evolution Soccer 10 to have 360-degree control scheme

Konami follows in FIFA's footsteps with 360-degree control, as well as a whole host of fan-requested features.

* Posted Aug 19, 2009 9:09 am PT

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/proevolutionsoccer2010/index.html?tag=result;title;1

@Tboy1

I hope we do not have to ban you from posting here. We deal strictly with facts. Case closed.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 11:58am On Sep 15, 2009
^^
Is it a crime to prefer a game to another undecided Dude its my opinion
Like a wrote here already you'll neva know the difference btw 300 and 360 degrees when playing a video game. Find the press conf. and read it urself

@post
Just got an email - Demo for FIFA10 is out and i'll be downloading it as usual to compare btw FIFA and PES(Have to wait for this to come out)
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Dauchman(m): 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2009
@Tboy1

There is nothing wrong with liking a game over another. I am actually a PES fan, but reality has dawned on me for a while now. The Header to this forum says "FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better?", the proper answer should have been something like this, "there was a time PES would have kicked FIFA's ass but right now FIFA is whooping PES ass. But all said i pick PES over FIFA since i like that franchise better"

"Shingo Takatsuka heaping praise on EA’s game engine and promising a change of fortunes for the next PES release" Even he accepted that EA has been doing a nice job recently.

But all said and done PES for life even if they start making soccer games like we used to have on SNES i would still buy every installment that comes out. cool
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by No2Atheism(m): 11:27pm On Sep 15, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iWqUf9d8sg

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/9iWqUf9d8sg[/flash]

Come and get your ass whooped . . . thank you.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2009
Ok so i downloaded the FIFA2010 demo last night and only played like 5 mins this morning and in less than 2mins i scored a goal which was too easy for me ( and no i didnt start the game on beginners level)
Its either i'm very good at playing soccer games(although scoring is not this easy on PES) or its too easy scoring goals on FIFA. I'll spend sometime wit this tonight and update ya'll tomorrow.
Peace  cool

P.S:
The graphics does look better & movement feels smooth when playing
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by moonraker(m): 5:55am On Sep 18, 2009
really?? i was expecting a lambast from you, cool
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 10:11am On Sep 18, 2009
moonraker:

really?? i was expecting a lambast from you, cool
I never lie my friend, i always speak the truth cool
Demo for PES2010 is ready for download - will write wat i think of the game once i've played it
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by moonraker(m): 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2009
I never lie my friend, i always speak the truth
Demo for PES2010 is ready for download - will write wat i think of the game once i've played it

i dont lie either so i have no freakin ideal of what yu just wrote here
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2009
moonraker:

i dont lie either so i have no freakin ideal of what yu just wrote here
U would have had a lil bit freakin idea if u took ur time to read what i wrote

ok so u wrote u were expectin me to talk bad bout fifa2010 and i wrote - 'i neva lie' (this was regarding reviews on games) i.e just because i prefer PES does not mean i'll lie dat fifa2010 aint improved
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by moonraker(m): 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2009
tboy 1

i get it,

@ poster

The PC is such a powerful machine which can be upgraded. how EA manage to produce

a very graphically crappy game on PC in the name of fifa 10 is smt that is just beyond me.

although the 360 dribbling is superb when you get use it, i am afraid to say that maybe, just maybe

PES might actually come out tops this time on the PC platform,
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2009
After playin PES demo all ive got to say is PES2010 Demo=PES2009 with better graphics, nothin more
If they dont improve the game b4 the main release - no soccer game for me
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Dauchman(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2009
@Tboy1

Is it that bad again? I think NBA is the way to go now; you can even try NFL
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2009
Dauchman:

@Tboy1
Is it that bad again? I think NBA is the way to go now; you can even try NFL
Its horrible
lol @ NFL . . . lai lai
NBA - maybe i'll try it out
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by candylips(m): 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2009
tboy1:

After playin PES demo all ive got to say is PES2010 Demo=PES2009 with better graphics, nothin more
If they dont improve the game b4 the main release - no soccer game for me

yes but i also think the player movement is much fluid and  passing is much easier. they have also tidied up the interface which was crap in 2009.

I played fifa 2010 demo as well but apart from the commentaries, music and the close control camera angle which i think is very cool, i found the game play to be not as good as pes
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2009
candylips:

yes but i also think the player movement is much fluid and  passing is much easier. they have also tidied up the interface which was crap in 2009.
I played fifa 2010 demo as well but apart from the commentaries, music and the close control camera angle which i think is very cool, i  found the game play to be not as good as pes

The movement is the same, im hoping the 360 movement will be added before they release the game.
Also:
> Pickin up ball/Tackling - your opponent is the same
> For a next gen game- im expecting PES should have commentaries, they've had two differnt releases to add this but they've ignored it
> FIFA gameplay is not as good but its also not changed in PES- so there's really no point getting the new game, only if i read the reviews on the changes will i have to buy this new game
> Online will be much better because they've ditched konami's servers - they're now using sony and microsoft's servers
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by candylips(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2009
yes the demo doesn't have any commentaries which was very strange.

you are right the game play is virtually the same but the only thing i noticed was that passing seemed easier. that is if i make a through pass (while playing against the com)it actually gets to the player even if he is marked tightly.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2009
candylips:

yes the demo doesn't have any commentaries which was very strange.

you are right the game play is virtually the same but the only thing i noticed was that passing seemed easier. that is if i make a through pass (while playing against the com)it actually gets to the player even if he is marked tightly.
This thru pass is annoyin most times. . . i was striking from the left and i made a thru pass to the striker close the post only for the ball to be passed back to the player running into the box . . . luckily my shot from iniesta was too hot for Reina cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Hack and Install Games On Your PS4 Console, for as Low as 1K each. / Dox Ose, Guinness World Record Attempt: Longest FIFA Live Stream Marathon / *************funny Gaming Pictures **************

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.