Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,763 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:41 AM

Blame Your Government And Not The Devil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Blame Your Government And Not The Devil (244 Views)

Don't Blame Your Pastor, He Will Never Understand. / Father Mbaka Speaks On Onitsha Fire: Don't Blame Hausas, Obiano Should Resign / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blame Your Government And Not The Devil by youngchopper(m): 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
Letter to fake pastors and false preacher of the gospel

the things we celebrate here in Africa as victory over demons and devil is a laughable stuff in the developed countries.
we are so used to poverty that when our neighbours buy a car they will invite pastors to pray over the car. like seriously ? When you open a shop they start telling you to find a pastor to cast and bind demons that may frustrate your business lol.
how many pastor came to pray for the opening of ShopRite?
when you mind your business here in Africa your neighbours see you as hater
if u kukuma no come your neighbour child dedication they will tag you witch or enemy of progress.
when some religious biggot see you sipping red wine they tag you a sinner.
when you buy a rejected used faulty America Camry (tokumbo) and the reason behind why the American rejected the car start manifesting we tag it village people don come
some biggot will even tell you in church that it's because you don't pay your tithe that's why your car is having issues
the poverty in Africa has made our pastors the deputy Jesus of our income
they can't preach without talking you into sowing seed of prosperity
Now I see why Jesus came as a white man
assuming Jesus came as a black man
his siblings would have turned the miracle of turning water into wine as a family business
my prayer is to have my kids outside the shores of Africa because this madness is getting out of hand.
only in Africa using an iPhone becomes an achievement
buying Benz becomes a prayer point.
only in Africa u see men joining one oboni confra in other to become millonirs in naira
while people are becoming billoniars in dollars in America without killing a soul.
the one that pains me most is that we have to praise/beg one stupid governor to tar the road leading to his village .
God in my next world I won't want to be an African
cuz there is nothing to be black and proud of.
written by Attamah Chijioke David[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Blame Your Government And Not The Devil by kingralph(m): 12:02pm On Dec 05, 2020
O.P. I love your mind! Do you know how I was ostracized when I presented these points in Sunday school? I was even nearly barred from fielding any question

Indeed christianity in Nigeria is one mile long but one inch deep.
Re: Blame Your Government And Not The Devil by KLand(m): 12:41pm On Dec 05, 2020
The most important thing is to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Every other thing is additional.

My view is that people should be God-conscious and not satan-focused. But it doesn't mean there are no demonic issues to deal with. Jesus had to cast out demons, so must any believer in Christ.

All pastors are not the same. Some are getting it right, while others are still learning.

Let's follow the example of Jesus in everything we do.
Re: Blame Your Government And Not The Devil by youngchopper(m): 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2020
kingralph:
O.P. I love your mind! Do you know how I was ostracized when I presented these points in Sunday school? I was even nearly barred from fielding any question

Indeed christianity in Nigeria is one mile long but one inch deep.
Christianity in Africa is a bondage
Re: Blame Your Government And Not The Devil by orisa37: 2:07am On Dec 06, 2020
The Government is an Atheist worse than DEVIL.
Re: Blame Your Government And Not The Devil by tobechi74: 2:25am On Dec 06, 2020
Some Christians diverted their anger to God. They felt a sense of betrayal for not being protected from the massive job loss despite obeying all his commandment, rules and ritual. They felt used and dumped by the creator. Staying at home without going to church did not end their lives. So why bother going? A gradual loss of faith.

Others diverted their grievance to the clergy. Few church leaders launched an online platform for tithe collection. A hungry and jobless Christian threatened with eternal punishment for not paying tithe is the last thing an angry person expects from the religious leaders. Members expected the church to feed them the way Christ fed the five thousand. Their disappointment led them to swear not to go to that church again.

Anger like Joy, hunger, or sadness is neither good nor bad. It is an emotion to be felt. Anger can be a fuel for transforming one’s life. We need to be angry at our present circumstance before we can act to change them. Righteous anger is when we feel the pain of the oppressed and try to stop it. when we are angry, we feel it calmly to understand its source. Impatient anger could lead to violence or Hasty decision when we lash out instantly.

Righteous anger is speaking against the religious practice that is harmful or religious leaders that abuse their trust. Jesus vented his anger at the religious leaders in his time. He called them hypocrite. He scattered the moneymakers in the temple. He stated that his life mission is to free the captive. That includes those in religious bondage. He was not operating from hurt targeted at him. It was not a revenge mission. He was interested in uplifting humanity. Examine your anger holistically.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/12/06/religion-good-or-bad/
Re: Blame Your Government And Not The Devil by CodeTemplar: 6:24am On Dec 06, 2020
Lol. . . Devil is the adversary. He is humanity's opposition.
Re: Blame Your Government And Not The Devil by youngchopper(m): 7:46am On Dec 06, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Lol. . . Devil is the adversary. He is humanity's opposition.
the devil is a manipulator
if the developed countries got it right in many ways
does it mean that the devil can't get hold of them with greed and coruption ?
Re: Blame Your Government And Not The Devil by DropsMic(m): 8:35am On Dec 06, 2020
God is only as powerful as your government.
Satan too
Re: Blame Your Government And Not The Devil by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 20, 2021
It's true..

(1) (Reply)

Lord, Have Mercy! A Prayer Our God Hears & And Answers / The Hypocrisy I Found With Muslim Brothers / They Barbed Samson's Hair But They Forgot To Put A Barber To Keep Barbing...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.