Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,916 members, 7,956,444 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:03 PM

Starting A Forum - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Starting A Forum (1388 Views)

Checklist For Starting A Successful Blog From Scratch / A Forum For All Nigerian Students / How Do I Create A Forum On My Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Forum by aPr: 2:19pm On Jun 29, 2007
please i want to start a forum like this for photographers how can i go about it? thanks
Re: Starting A Forum by astronp7(m): 9:45pm On Jun 29, 2007
You have to define on the major issues that will form the core aspect of the forum. Go to google and see what others are doing in photograph forums.

Once you have these infomation, the next thing is developing it (hosting and others). It would not cost you that much.

Contact me if you you will need this service. Regards, Emmanuel (ezeali@gmail.com + 08059201646)
Re: Starting A Forum by layi(m): 12:37am On Jun 30, 2007
I can create the forum for just 20k in just 1 day
See my email below
Re: Starting A Forum by Cactus(m): 2:46am On Jun 30, 2007
this is extremely annoying. what those it take to provide the info the person who started this thread wants.

go on sourceforge.net and search for forum then you will find numerous forum applications you can run.

phpbb and vbullentin are potentially the most popular to you there are other ones, slim robust depending on what you need.
Re: Starting A Forum by gbolio4(m): 5:34am On Jun 30, 2007
Cactus:

this is extremely annoying. what those it take to provide the info the person who started this thread wants.

go on sourceforge.net and search for forum then you will find numerous forum applications you can run.
phpbb and vbullentin are potentially the most popular to you there are other ones,
slim robust depending on what you need.

Ehen grin grin grin Lol

Breeze don blow ; Fowl yaansh don open . .

grin grin grin a no fit laff !!
Re: Starting A Forum by Plouplou: 9:54am On Jun 19, 2008
I suggest trying out phpBB. phpBB 3 is by far the best forum software I’ve ever used, it’s open-source so it’s free to download and use. It’s simple and doesn’t include all the “unneccessary” features you speak off. It’s minimal. Vanilla doesn’t even come close to competing with phpBB, so yeah - give it a try.

Just try it out on this host : create a forum
Re: Starting A Forum by SamMilla1(m): 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2008
If you want to create a forum,
make out time and study it from google search results.
Ask questions about what you dont understand.
The first thing to do is to get a host company.
They can help you to install and create the forum.
Its easy to create but very difficult to maintain and drive traffic to it.
Take a look at this forum.
I created it in less than an hour
Plus the host company are very good at helping out if you encounter problems.
Its a simple machine software , so its free but the major work is behind the scene.
Take your time and feel free to ask me for help if yu need it.
I will do that for you.

LINK TO MY FORUM

(1) (Reply)

Business Directory, Classified Ads And Blog Website For Sale / What Is A Pizza Box In Terms Of Google? / Facebook Group Of 255k Member For Sale Inbox Me If U Are Interested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.