Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka (16341 Views)

Gerrard Building: North-West Govs Visit Scene, Sympathise With Victims’ Families / Falana: Why Family Members Of Lekki Victims Are Afraid To Speak / Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by lalasticlala(m): 10:55am On Dec 05, 2020
Victims’ families, hospitals threatened, bribed to keep sealed lips, #ENDSARS protester tells panel

Lagos— No fewer than 15 ENDSARS protesters, Friday, came to protest at the Lagos State Court of Arbitration and Mediation in Lekki, venue of Lagos State Judicial Panel of Enquiry and Restitution for Victims of SARS-related abuses and other matters, saying they suffered gunshot wounds during the #EndSARS protests in Lagos.

The victims, led by their lawyer, Mr Adesina Ogunlana, and accompanied by family members and other #EndSARS protesters including a petitioner Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka, said they had come to debunk claims that nobody died or was shot on the night of October 20, at Lekki Tollgate.

Adeyinka alleged that families of victims and hospitals were being threatened or offered money to keep mum; and mentioned some of the hospitals.

Adeyinka said: “We took dead bodies to a hospital, only for them to tell us that that they cannot give us the data.

“I went personally to see their doctor. I met the HR and he told me to give him 24 hours to provide the database of all these people. Till date he has not got back to us.

“People died.

“Some families are not able to come out because they are under threat. We know many people they have threatened; we know many people they have tried to bribe with N200,000, N500,000.

“Can this heal their wounds? Can it replace their amputated legs? Can it bring back the dead? We just want justice. People were shot at. I saw it. They tried shooting at me. Someone else took my bullet.

“We don’t want to be marginalised in our own country, that is why we have come here today to show victims.

“They said nobody was shot at, they said nobody died. We have accounts of people that died. I was there on that stage. I was the one telling people ‘sit down. Don’t run.’ People died. People are still at the emergency ward, as I speak to you know.”

Many of the protesters that stormed the panel had PoP and bandages around their legs, arms, heads and chests. They said they were hit by bullets as they protested at the tollgate.

Ogunlana, a former Chairman of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Ikeja branch, said that 14 of them were shot at the tollgate on the evening of October 20, while the 15th was shot at Ojodu Berger.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/victims-families-hospitals-threatened-bribed-to-keep-sealed-lips-endsars-protester-tells-panel/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by Amotolongbo(f): 10:56am On Dec 05, 2020
“Some families are not able to come out because they are under threat. We know many people they have threatened; we know many people they have tried to bribe with N200,000, N500,000.

How long shall this clueless and inept administration continue to mask the terrorism they unleashed on the people of this country?

The same way they acted to douse off the killing of farmers in Maiduguri by bribing some indigenes to tell a new story of the massacre to absolve the NA and government.

PDP as the major opposition party is so useless. I wonder how the media and press will be if APC with Lai Mohammed is still in the opposition.
Just imagine how APC took the Chibok girls incidence that time as an opposition party

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by sammy329(m): 10:57am On Dec 05, 2020
undecided undecided undecided

Exaggeration upon exaggeration.

We are still waiting for the 78 massacred people, families, friends, neighbors, pastors, imams, workplace colleagues and co. There is no way the government can stop all of them from talking, and please don't tell me that bullshit that all of them are afraid of coming out.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by omenka(m): 11:04am On Dec 05, 2020
There are just way too many hearsay, lies, truths, half truths and ambiguities in the stories surrounding this incident.

Politics as well has made it near impossible to sieve genuine account of events from those inspired by one's political ideology.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by omazus: 11:04am On Dec 05, 2020
Oh God, this Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka self. She even changed her name from Deberechukwu Adike just to deceive. You left your poto poto Republic to come here and lie against our hard working governor, and the people's glorious army. No death was recorded. Only citizens of defunct Biafran are pushing this propaganda just to revive their dead Republic.

.... The above is the new thinking pattern in Nigeria. To think differently is to be mad. God please save our beloved Nigeria and help make it great.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by Officialhorlah(m): 11:06am On Dec 05, 2020
How can we progress in this country When our so called leaders are do in this shitundecided

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by Solidconceptz(m): 11:07am On Dec 05, 2020
Hmmm.... Even though they escape from this earth, I'm glad there's a God that will judge all wicked acts done. Hitler is waiting for them at the gate of hell

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by Solidconceptz(m): 11:08am On Dec 05, 2020
sammy329:

We are still waiting for the 78 massacred people, families, friends, neighbors, pastors, imams, workplace colleagues and co. There is no way the government can stop all of them from talking, and please don't tell me that bullshit that all of them are afraid of coming out.

Do you even have a working conscience... So even if just one soul was lost, it doesn't count for anything?

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by sammy329(m): 11:11am On Dec 05, 2020
Solidconceptz:

Do you even have a working conscience... So even if just one soul was lost, it doesn't count for anything?
undecided undecided undecided you are already quoting me out of context, what I'm against is exaggeration and lies.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by sammy329(m): 11:11am On Dec 05, 2020
angry
Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by Racoon(m): 11:18am On Dec 05, 2020
No injustice will ever go unpunished whether here on earth or heaven in time to come.

10 Likes

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by greencard: 11:19am On Dec 05, 2020
Even if na just one person die , it doesn't mean that justice shouldn't be served.

Why threatened the innocent all because power is in your hands?

Where is Ruben abati today ??

Where is labaran maku?

Where is inhjerika ??

Where is orubebe ??

Where is saraki ??

Nothing last forever , use your position wisely , don't follow the multitude to commit evil

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by DenreleDave(m): 11:20am On Dec 05, 2020
Nasothingsdeygo

Cc
Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by Ajibade123(m): 11:20am On Dec 05, 2020
just watch as some cursed people here will come out and say "we didn't say soldiers were not
there, they only shoot to the air and there was no massacre"

I wonder the term we will use to define the killing of more than 10 innocent people

17 Likes

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by Ajibade123(m): 11:26am On Dec 05, 2020
DenreleDave:
Nasothingsdeygo

Cc
Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by King2019(m): 11:30am On Dec 05, 2020
Nigeria the only country in the world without meaning and purpose

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by adadike(f): 11:41am On Dec 05, 2020
The govt should find a way to apologise and compensate properly and stop this Willie Willie game Biko. Give us good governance and not deaths and threats

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by slawormiir: 11:54am On Dec 05, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...

No matter what the Nigerian army, sanwo olu and the generalisimo don't know what they have put their hand into

They can't go Scott free

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by GboyegaD(m): 11:55am On Dec 05, 2020
Hmmm....we all have a hand in how Nigeria got to this despicable state.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by Nomorelove: 11:55am On Dec 05, 2020
Stupid government

7 Likes

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by Gwagone: 11:55am On Dec 05, 2020
We are protesting again angry

LIKE AND SHARE for another peaceful protest

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by iamvictorbassey: 11:56am On Dec 05, 2020
We are in for a very long buttsex in this country. grin

It's not funny, but I laugh at situations I can't change.
Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:57am On Dec 05, 2020
We know na sad
Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by money121(m): 11:57am On Dec 05, 2020
Ok
Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by Vyreell(m): 11:57am On Dec 05, 2020
sammy329:

Na only you dey wait for 78 massacred families undecided
1st they said " there was no massacre "
That if there was, victims should come out as proof. Now 15 affected persons don show, mumu man like you dey wait for 78 victims lipsrsealed

The level of your stupidity renders me Speechless

38 Likes

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by BigBrother9ja: 11:58am On Dec 05, 2020
grin

Worst regime ever!

I don't think this unity thingy will ever work.

LET US JUST GO OUR SEPARATE WAYS!

or

Have a referendum to practice FEDERALISM like USA and other countries.
This useless confederalism ONLY FAVOURS SOME PEOPLE that have been in power 90% of time since independence with almost nothing to show for it.

I'm so ashamed of this country and her leaders.
Imagine a top producer of crude oil with no functional refinery for over 20 years!
Yet the miserable and unfortunate government keeps spending billions of Naira every year on MAINTENANCE OF THOSE USELESS REFINERIES.

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by Anaerobi(m): 11:58am On Dec 05, 2020
Nigeria is a joke... Just Imagine.... Lai Mohammed will come and be vomiting rubbish.... That man is the only old man that I have sold my respect for...
Money for exchange of their Love life?
Wicked nation.
Wicked country with wicked leaders.

7 Likes

Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by DesignBest2(m): 11:58am On Dec 05, 2020
E
Re: Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka by proceedtacos: 11:59am On Dec 05, 2020
i hate being a nigerian

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Left Us Because There Was No Room For Him –tinubu / COVID-19: Enugu State Starts Disinfection Of Markets and Parks (Pictures) / Ambode’s Inaugural Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.