Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players (10901 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Nominated For Women's Ballon D'or 2022 - (Full List Of Nominees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Magnoliaa(f): 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2020
Mac0:

I have so many questions for you;

1. Are you a White female? If no, then i'm more than sorry for you cuz the moment you step foot in the U.S i can assure you'll sing more than just Black Lives Matter.
2. Are you aware that more black females have been killed by white cops over the past 4 months than males? Don't you watch the news
3. Breonna Taylor killed by white cops was a Black man, right?
4. Atatiana Jefferson shot right in her bedroom by white cops last year was a black man, right?

You don't even get her point?

Black men cry when they face racism from white people, but think they can be lords and judges over women's issues.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by openmine(m): 6:22pm On Dec 05, 2020
Magnoliaa:

[s]Equal humans deserving of respect, dignity, opportunities... Nobody is inferior, nobody is superior.

Why is this so hard for you people to understand and then coming with ideas about the "inequalities" biology pose?? So women get pregnant and deserve maternity leaves — how does THAT assert the inferiority of the woman? Does she become less of a human because she is pregnant?[/s]

No body here, and even no feminist—I can boldly tell you—argues that a woman and a man are SAME biologically.
why do your likes read meanings into a simple and harmless question?
Your last highlighted statement should have been enough to answer my inquest!
The aim of the question is to understand the motive behind FIFA's approval....!
Not everything should be taken as a gender bashing e-war!
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Loandbehold: 6:22pm On Dec 05, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Black men cry when they face racism from white people, but think they can be lords and judges over women's issues.

Where did you get the idea that black men are lords/judges over women? Pls, provide evidence. If you truly travel abroad, you'll see especially in the black communities, about 77% of the families have no man in the house. The women control the men outside. The families are messed up. And the idea that black men cry racism alone is incorrect. Both black men and women cry racism in the US.
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Magnoliaa(f): 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
openmine:

why do your likes read meanings into a simple and harmless question?
Your last highlighted statement should have been enough to answer my inquest!
The aim of the question is to understand the motive behind FIFA's approval....!
Not everything should be taken as a gender bashing e-war!

Your question was anything BUT.

I responded to what you were implying, wasn't reading meanings. Understanding motives my foot. If FIFA is giving women maternity leaves, then equality is a trash concept, or aim, right?

See who is reading meanings now. Who is bashing anybody here? Mscheew.
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Geofavor(m): 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
pocohantas:

You have a womb? undecided

Or does your concept of equality disregard biological, physical and other differences that cuts across humans?

When it is women matter, una mouth go dey run. If hand touch you small now, you will start singing Black Lives Matter.

Grow a womb and breast first. I am sure most women would be glad to share the 9mths. At least they can cut your vaginas/abdomens too for the baby to come out. undecided
Yeah, that's the point -- men do not have a womb.
Physically, women are inferior. So, I don't know why you lots keep clamouring for equality in everything when it isn't the natural order of things.

These same dumb feminists will celebrate this news yet think both male and female footballers should earn the same amount of money.

It's not a must to be a footballer as a female. This maternity leave is total nonsense. What happened to early retirement? Start your career by 14. Retire by 25 and go build a family. How will you give birth and return to playing long hours of football. Even the normal female matches are boring as hell. No one watches them. Now imagine what a match played by a bunch of mums would look like. Laughable.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Korllami007: 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Equal humans deserving of respect, dignity, opportunities... Nobody is inferior, nobody is superior.

Why is this so hard for you people to understand and then coming with ideas about the "inequalities" biology pose?? So women get pregnant and deserve maternity leaves — how does THAT assert the inferiority of the woman? Does she become less of a human because she is pregnant?

No body here, and even no feminist—I can boldly tell you—argues that a woman and a man are SAME biologically.

They are asking for equal pay with men, whereas male football generate more funds, sponsors, and fans than than female football. Female footballers will be enjoying funds generate from male football. That's what feminism is all about; getting things for free or things you don't earn because "I'm a woman." grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Magnoliaa(f): 6:32pm On Dec 05, 2020
Geofavor:

Yeah, that's the point -- men do not have a womb.
Physically, women are inferior. So, I don't know why you lots keep clamouring for equality in everything when it isn't the natural order of things.

These same dumb feminists will celebrate this news yet think both male and female footballers should earn the same amount money.

grin But that womb is the giver of life... Infact, everything about the famale reproductive system is.

How about women footballers who choose to not have children and put in the effort as much as their male counterparts do?
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Magnoliaa(f): 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2020
Loandbehold:

Where did you get the idea that black men are lords/judges over women? Pls, provide evidence. If you truly travel abroad, you'll see especially in the black communities, about 77% of the families have no man in the house. The women control the men outside. The families are messed up. And the idea that black men cry racism alone is incorrect. Both black men and women cry racism in the US.

Racism and sexism are bad and should be eradicated. Black men should not be sexist to women while expecting to be treated as equal by other races.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Geofavor(m): 6:44pm On Dec 05, 2020
Magnoliaa:

grin But that womb is the giver of life... Infact, everything about the famale reproductive system is.

How about women footballers who choose to not have children and put in the effort as much as their male counterparts do?
The womb is not the giver of life. Life comes at first from the scrotum. Know your basic biology.
It is better to say the d1ck is the giver of life.

There is no female footballer that puts in as much as half the effort male footballers put in.
Female footballers don't even play 90 mins football.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by openmine(m): 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2020
[s]
Magnoliaa:

Your question was anything BUT.

I responded to what you were implying, wasn't reading meanings. Understanding motives my foot.

See who is reading meanings now. Who is bashing anybody here? Mscheew.
grin grin
Seriously i can't comprehend the motive behind this futile and superfluous outburst you are spewing right now!
I didn't see in any of my comments or past comments where i had any dispute with you on similar topics....so why all these misplaced tale of paroxysm!
What is imperative, though, is that you 'indirectly' answered my question in your last comment.......However, I am,currently, not the one responsible for your obviously heightened state of bitterness towards men! smiley
Lastly, be mindful of the fatuous and gutter-like terms oozing out from your lamentable self.....This is a discus for matured minds and not a market space tussle for garri sellers at oshodi! cool
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by HITsquad: 7:01pm On Dec 05, 2020
Lol Feminism Is confusing. I once opened a door for a Caucasian woman in Kentucky and smoothly said "ladies first"... I Was only trying to be a gentleman. Guess what she said? "Women are not flowers that should be watered all the time, would you do the same for a fellow man? If not? Then you are part of our problems as women"

I gave up!!!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by HigherEd: 7:08pm On Dec 05, 2020
Martinez39s:
Equity is cheating. Equality is the fair goal.
Not entirely true. Men don't breastfeed na. We don't have pregnancy to hold us back either. So we can claim equal benefits when the circumstances are vastly tilted against women by biology.
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by openmine(m): 7:09pm On Dec 05, 2020
HITsquad:
Lol Feminism Is confusing. I once opened a door for a Caucasian woman in Kentucky and smoothly said "ladies first"... I Was only trying to be a gentleman. Guess what she said? "Women are not flowers that should be watered all the time, would you do the same for a fellow man? If not? Then you are part of our problems as women"

I gave up!!!

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by openmine(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2020
HigherEd:

Not entirely true. Men don't breastfeed na. We don't have pregnancy to hold us back either. So we can claim equal benefits when the circumstances are vastly tilted against women by biology.
That guy is just being sarcastic...! cheesy
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Magnoliaa(f): 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2020
openmine:
[s][/s]
grin grin
Seriously i can't comprehend the motive behind this senseless and unnecessary outburst you are spewing right now!
What is imperative,though. is that you 'indirectly' answered my question in your last comment.......However, I am not the one responsible for your current heightened state of bitterness towards men! smiley
Lastly, be mindful of the fowl-induced and gutter-like terms oozing out from your lamentable self.....This is a discus for matured minds and not a [b.market space tussle for garri sellers![/b] cool

Ah, don't worry. You'll get used to the vituperation that comes with engaging me.

I hope your vocabulary is inexhaustible to go through with this to the end? You're already hurling insults when this hasn't gotten nowhere, so much for mashured DISCUS.

But I'll patient enough to make you knowledgeable, whether you like it or not. I'm here for this.

Okay?? Did you say you've gotten an answer to your question? Good. There are other things you can pick, too.

Now don't go around implying feminists call for equality on the basis of biological homogeneity.
Maternity leaves do not erase the concept (and actuality) of the equality of women to men. If you want to truly know how that is logical, don't ask by being mischievous.

Geofavor:

The womb is not the giver of life. Life comes at first from the scrotum. Know your basic biology.
It is better to say the d1ck is the giver of life.

Okayee. I see what kind you are now...

There is no female footballer that puts in as much as half the effort male footballers put in.
Female footballers don't even play 90 mins football.

I won't engage with a gaslighter.

The warped belief you chose to hold in your mental bubble has no impact on reality... so, keep at it.
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Loandbehold: 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Racism and sexism are bad and should be eradicated. Black men should not be sexist to women while expecting to be treated as equal by other races.

It goes both ways. The women don't treat the men any better. Respect is earned if I'm not mistaken. The black women typically in the US have little to no respect for the black men, that's why the family unit isn't working for them. They have to know that you need to give it to get it.
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by openmine(m): 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2020
[s]
Magnoliaa:

Ah, don't worry. You'll get used to the vituperation that comes with engaging me.

I hope your vocabulary is inexhaustible to go through with this to the end? You're already hurling insults when this hasn't gotten nowhere, so much for mashured DISCUS.

But I'll patient enough to make you knowledgeable, whether you like it or not. I'm here for this.

Okay?? Did you say you've gotten an answer to your question? Good. There are other things you can pick, too.

Now don't go around implying feminists call for equality on the basis of biological homogeneity.
Maternity leaves do not erase the concept of equality of women to men. If you want to truly know how that is possible, don't ask by being mischievous.

[/s]
grin grin
Its a waste of time to engage in a fruitful discus with a bitter soul....I know how it ends! cheesy
Like i said abintio,i have gotten the answer i need!
The rest of your ludicrous paroxysm are at best nugatory and a complete trail of balderdash! cool cool

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Magnoliaa(f): 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2020
Loandbehold:

It goes both ways. The women don't treat the men any better. Respect is earned if I'm not mistaken. The black women typically in the US have little to no respect for the black men, that's why the family unit isn't working for them. They have to know that you need to give it to get it.

I kind of find this problematic, even though I may see where you're coming from. Imagine you were driving in the latest car as a magnate and internationally recognized personality, and you saw a little beggar boy, unkempt and just fitting into that stereotypical model, and he came up to you for anything- is it right for you to treat him with respect, empathy and such even he's not in a position to offer anything? Or just about anybody in a disadvantaged state... it is right to kill them, use them, deny them education and the likes simply because they just do not have things to bargain for respect?

Remember you said, "earned." That's different from asking women and men to respect each other.
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Magnoliaa(f): 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2020
openmine:
[s][/s]
grin grin
Its a waste of time to engage in a fruitful discus with a bitter soul....I know how it ends! cheesy
Like i said abintio,i have gotten the answer i need!
The rest of your ludicrous paroxysm are at best nugatory and a complete trail of balderdash! cool cool

You learned.
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by openmine(m): 7:44pm On Dec 05, 2020
[s]
Magnoliaa:

You learned.
[/s]
Nope!
No time for puerile and asin.ine folks! cool
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Magnoliaa(f): 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2020
And you know how it ends when you're the only one here trying to drag this down a distasteful path?

You are so not as collected as you're trying to appear.

You are still hooking bitterness around feminists' necks? Lati igba wo?
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by openmine(m): 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2020
[s]
Magnoliaa:
And you know how it ends when you're the only here trying to drag this down a distasteful path?

You are so not as collected as you're trying to appear.

You are still hooking bitterness around feminists' necks? Lati igba wo?
[/s]
Yawn...Cry me an ocean cool cool
follia personificata tongue

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Mac0: 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Black women don't cry about racism too? Have you seen how black women are treated in the U.S? It's really pathetic.

White men don't lord over their women issues or judge them?

Be honest with your replies.

cc pocohantas

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Magnoliaa(f): 7:52pm On Dec 05, 2020
Na so, now. Insults are the only things in your arsenal because you'd be risking an opening of your yansh if you tried being logical.

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Magnoliaa(f): 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
Mac0:

Black women don't cry about racism too? Have you seen how black woman are treated in the U.S? It's really pathetic.

White men don't lord over their women issues?

Be honest with your replies.

cc pocohantas

Smh. Mtcheeew.
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2020
Yes we don't have a womb but are quick to forget that your womb is useless with a sperm , maybe you can also produce a sperm too.

Don't forget dere is something called division of labour in team work , we product the sperm u carry the baby that called team work

pocohantas:

You have a womb? undecided

Or does your concept of equality disregard biological, physical and other differences that cuts across humans?

When it is women matter, una mouth go dey run. If hand touch you small now, you will start singing Black Lives Matter.

Grow a womb and breast first. I am sure most women would be glad to share the 9mths. At least they can cut your vaginas/abdomens too for the baby to come out. undecided

5 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Geofavor(m): 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Maternity leaves do not erase the concept (and actuality) of the equality of women to men. If you want to truly know how that is logical, don't ask by being mischievous.

Okayee. I see what kind you are now...

I won't engage with a gaslighter.

The warped belief you chose to hold in your mental bubble has no impact on reality... so, keep at it.

If you like say I'm gaslighting you.
I said the truth and you know it. You just don't want to bring yourself to admit it. There is no manipulation here. Just facts. All you can do now is resort to speaking English.

Bye.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Loandbehold: 9:09am On Dec 06, 2020
Magnoliaa:

I kind of find this problematic, even though I may see where you're coming from. Imagine you were driving in the latest car as a magnate and internationally recognized personality, and you saw a little beggar boy, unkempt and just fitting into that stereotypical model, and he came up to you for anything- is it right for you to treat him with respect, empathy and such even he's not in a position to offer anything? Or just about anybody in a disadvantaged state... it is right to kill them, use them, deny them education and the likes simply because they just do not have things to bargain for respect?

Remember you said, "earned." That's different from asking women and men to respect each other.

Respect is different from the scenario you just gave. And by earned, if you give respect, you get respect. You can't just be there and expect to get respect when you don't give one. That's just what I mean. And tbh, I don't get how or where the men doing so to the women happens or comes from. Never seen that, at least, as far as I know. Can you point to any stats on that?
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by adonni: 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
Yess oo maternity leave is must love for women in any organization
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Magnoliaa(f): 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
Loandbehold:

Respect is different from the scenario you just gave. And by earned, if you give respect, you get respect. You can't just be there and expect to get respect when you don't give one. That's just what I mean. And tbh, I don't get how or where the men doing so to the women happens or comes from. Never seen that, at least, as far as I know. Can you point to any stats on that?

Thisss...

Common sense and deductive reasoning...
Sexism against women is a fact, and you'll find countless researches and stats showing how it plays how. Surely you'll have the demography of Black men (and women) contributing to that phenomenon. Gender-based violence; overt and covert sexism; prejudices and so much more have come to define women's lives all over — is it non-Black men that are subjecting POC (and white women alike) to such degradation?
My scope wasn't on African-American men per se in my original comment that black men lord over women and then cry about racism, but here are findings for you below since you singled them out.

One.

[url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://island1.uncc.edu/islandora/object/etd%253A820/datastream/PDF/download/citation.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiIudn86c3tAhXNQxUIHQk1AZcQFjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw251_KoRoh49BpmPfuzttFl]This.[/url]

Another...

And another.

[url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://scholarworks.lib.csusb.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi%3Farticle%3D2322%26context%3Detd-project&ved=2ahUKEwjV_PvU7M3tAhViSxUIHTQbD40QFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2dwP-otFAhsN_ft38KEaz1]And this...[/url]

The screenshots below is among, and lastly, you can search for and download "we real cool" by bell hooks, detailing the experiences of black men. (their interactions with their women is scattered throughout the book, but chapters 4, 5 and 6 focuses a larger deal on them).

I'm aware it's been days you requested, still... they are not just stats, but qualitative data as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! / Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? / Nottingham Forest Vs Liverpool FA Cup (0 - 1) On 20th March 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.