Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players (10908 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Nominated For Women's Ballon D'or 2022 - (Full List Of Nominees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Loandbehold: 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Thisss...

Common sense and deductive reasoning...
Sexism against women is a fact, and you'll find countless researches and stats showing how it plays how. Surely you'll have the demography of Black men (and women) contributing to that phenomenon. Gender-based violence; overt and covert sexism; prejudices and so much more have come to define women's lives all over — is it non-Black men that are subjecting POC (and white women alike) to such degradation?
My scope wasn't on African-American men per se in my original comment that black men lord over women and then cry about racism, but here are findings for you below since you singled them out.

One.

[url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://island1.uncc.edu/islandora/object/etd%253A820/datastream/PDF/download/citation.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiIudn86c3tAhXNQxUIHQk1AZcQFjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw251_KoRoh49BpmPfuzttFl]This.[/url]

Another...

And another.

[url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://scholarworks.lib.csusb.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi%3Farticle%3D2322%26context%3Detd-project&ved=2ahUKEwjV_PvU7M3tAhViSxUIHTQbD40QFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2dwP-otFAhsN_ft38KEaz1]And this...[/url]

The screenshots below is among, and lastly, you can search for and download "we real cool" by bell hooks, detailing the experiences of black men. (their interactions with their women is scattered throughout the book, but chapters 4, 5 and 6 focuses a larger deal on them).

I'm aware it's been days you requested, still... they are not just stats, but qualitative data as well.

In earnest, how does this show black men lord over black women as it shows that both the men and women are affected? It doesn’t really specify anything other than just the percentage, no other factors are put into consideration here. The research is just a compilation of numbers and I don’t think it has enough information to draw conclusions from. By your judgement, one can also say black women lord over men without having to provide information.
Re: FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players by Magnoliaa(f): 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2020
Loandbehold:

In earnest, how does this show black men lord over black women as it shows that both the men and women are affected? It doesn’t really specify anything other than just the percentage, no other factors are put into consideration here. The research is just a compilation of numbers and I don’t think it has enough information to draw conclusions from. By your judgement, one can also say black women lord over men without having to provide information.

I have given you the stats and facts you asked for. Will you deny sexism against women exist? (That's why I specifically put researches highlighting black men's opinions about black women and another about the conflict and rift relationship between them. Stats on domestic battery/intimate partner violence and rape aren't saying anything abi?)

By all means, go ahead and engage in whataboutery. I'm not talking about that with you. I commented on what men do to women.

Modified for this addition: “It is true that both the woman and the male worker are condemned to silence by their exploitation. But under the current system, the worker's wife is also condemned to silence by her worker-husband. In other words, in addition to the class exploitation common to both of them, women must confront a particular set of relations that exist between them and men, relations of conflict and violence that use physical differences as their pretext." —Thomas Sankara, Former President of Burkina Faso.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! / Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? / Nottingham Forest Vs Liverpool FA Cup (0 - 1) On 20th March 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.