Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

BONE THIEVES - Drinking Excess Alcohol. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BONE THIEVES - Drinking Excess Alcohol. (386 Views)

Benefits Of Drinking Excess Water / BONE THIEVES - Drinking Sodas. / China: Man's Bladder Explodes, Fell Asleep For 18 Hrs After Drinking Excess Beer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BONE THIEVES - Drinking Excess Alcohol. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 05, 2020
The link between alcohol and bone health is nuanced because not all forms of alcohol are inherently bad for bones.

For example, red wine contains the antioxidant Resveratrol.

In animal studies, resveratrol has been shown to work synergistically with other phytochemicals to prevent weight gain and bone loss in post menopausal mice and rats.

Similarly, beer contains the mineral Silicon, which is beneficial for bone health. Despite these beneficial compounds, alcoholic drinks are detrimental to your bones.

The fermentation process that produces ethanol (the alcohol compound in Beer, Wine, and Spirits) causes alcoholic beverages to become acidifying. This means that they lower your serum pH, which in turn, leads to a loss of vital minerals from your bones.

It is also important to note that not all alcoholic beverages are created equal. Wine often contains trace amounts of harmful pesticides.

Many wine makers also add sulfurdioxide as a preservative, a compound that can cause allergic reactions. Alcoholic drinks may also contain bisphenol A (BPA), arsenic, and artificial flavours, all of which are detrimental to your health.

The high level of toxins in alcoholic beverages contributes to their acidifying effect, leaching strength from your bones. Plus, drinking too much alcohol makes it more difficult for your body to absorb Vitamin D, which is essential to help prevent and reverse bone problem.

Moderation is the key, so the occasional glass of beer or wine will not be harmful. Whenever possible, choose organic wines that do not contain sulfites.

Drinking beer from bottles, rather than cans that are often lined with BPA, is also a good choice.

Women are recommended to drink fewer than seven drinks per week, while men should drink fewer than 14.>>> http://wellnesscenter.lettersfromgatrielle.com
Re: BONE THIEVES - Drinking Excess Alcohol. by FAndreas(m): 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
ohh
Re: BONE THIEVES - Drinking Excess Alcohol. by Lavisha(f): 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
Wine is bad, beer is good!
Re: BONE THIEVES - Drinking Excess Alcohol. by 123winglass: 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2020
Lavisha:
Wine is better. Wine is for Queens
Re: BONE THIEVES - Drinking Excess Alcohol. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2020
Lavisha:
Not really...
Re: BONE THIEVES - Drinking Excess Alcohol. by Lavisha(f): 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2020
Gayatri:
Not really...
Yes it is. I'ma microbiologist.
Re: BONE THIEVES - Drinking Excess Alcohol. by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 08, 2020
Lavisha:

Yes it is.
I'ma microbiologist.
I appreciate knowing that you are a microbiologist, i have many of them as friends, and its nice to meet you Sir.

In as much as the mineral silicon in beer is beneficial for bone health, wine without sulfites do! Though it is almost impossible to have a completely sulfite-free wine, there are still sulfite-free wines that help the bones stay strong. In fact, some research has proven that daily moderate wine drinking does help with bone density.

As we age, our bones become brittle and while we can use extra calcium, wine does the trick too! The moderate consumption of any red wine, provides the minerals that help keep one's bones strong.

Wine contains many antioxidants but i'ma write briefly on the one i mentioned earlier; Resveratrol.

Resveratrol (RSV) possess anti- inflammatory properties and bone protective effects. It primarily stimulates the formation or mineralization of the bones. Resveratrol-containing supplements are recommended for patients with type 2 diabetes, Osteoporosis, Obesed patients (especially in men), and those having other forms of bone problem.

Resveratrol also aids in bone healing and repair after surgical procedures or trauma. It promotes osteoblastohenesis. There are many more to this antioxidant. The key word there to all this, whether wine or beer is "MODERATION"

Well, I'm a Young med. Biochemist and a Survivor of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis. Which is why i write on bone health. I'm planning to set up a program where people get to write their story. Meanwhile, my website http://wellnesscenter.lettersfromgatrielle.com promotes natural remedies, ones that have helped me and my clients, fight Joint pain, Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoporosis etc..>>>http://wellnesscenter.lettersfromgatrielle.com
Re: BONE THIEVES - Drinking Excess Alcohol. by Lavisha(f): 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2020
Gayatri:

I appreciate knowing that you are a microbiologist, i have many of them as friends, and its nice to meet you Sir.

In as much as the mineral silicon in beer is beneficial for bone health, wine without sulfites do! Though it is almost impossible to have a completely sulfite-free wine, there are still sulfite-free wines that help the bones stay strong. In fact, some research has proven that daily moderate wine drinking does help with bone density.

As we age, our bones become brittle and while we can use extra calcium, wine does the trick too! The moderate consumption of any red wine, provides the minerals that help keep one's bones strong.

Wine contains many antioxidants but i'ma write briefly on the one i mentioned earlier; Resveratrol.

Resveratrol (RSV) possess anti- inflammatory properties and bone protective effects. It primarily stimulates the formation or mineralization of the bones. Resveratrol-containing supplements are recommended for patients with type 2 diabetes, Osteoporosis, Obesed patients (especially in men), and those having other forms of bone problem.

Resveratrol also aids in bone healing and repair after surgical procedures or trauma. It promotes osteoblastohenesis. There are many more to this antioxidant. The key word there to all this, whether wine or beer is "MODERATION"

Well, I'm a Young med. Biochemist and a Survivor of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis. Which is why i write on bone health. I'm planning to set up a program where people get to write their story. Meanwhile, my website http://wellnesscenter.lettersfromgatrielle.com promotes natural remedies, ones that have helped me and my clients, fight Joint pain, Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoporosis etc..>>>http://wellnesscenter.lettersfromgatrielle.com
Well said!
Meanwhile, I'm an industrial microbiologist with experience in brewery..
Unlike wines beer helps in diverse ways;
1. Help reduce risk of heart disease.
2. Protect against Alzheimer’s disease
3. Lower risk of diabetes
4. Help prevent kidney stones
5. Minimize risk of cancer
Beer contains an important antioxidant known as xanthohumol. Xanthohumol is known to have powerful anti-cancer properties that help fend off cancer-causing enzymes in the body.

6. Help reduce cholesterol levels
If you’d like an unorthodox method for cutting your cholesterol levels, indulging in moderate beer consumption may be the way to go. The barley used in brewing of beer contains a type of soluble fiber known as beta-glucans that has been shown to help in lowering cholesterol levels.

7. Help manage blood pressure

8. Help strengthen bones
Beer contains decent levels of silicon, an element that is linked with bone health.
One study conducted at Tufts in 2009 established that older individuals who drank one or two glasses of beer daily had higher bone density, and thus were less prone to fractures than those who did not enjoy a glass of beer or wine. However, the study also found that consuming more than two drinks increased risk of bone fractures.

9. Help treat dandruff
Another interesting fact about beer is that it is considered one of the best natural treatments for dandruff. This particular health benefit of beer is attributed to its high yeast and vitamin B content levels.
Just rinse your hair with a bottle of beer two to three times a week to get rid of dandruff and make your hair extra soft and shiny.

10. Help cut down risk of strokes
Studies by the American Stroke Association have shown that people who drink moderate amounts of beer can cut their risk of strokes by – get this – a whopping 50% compared to non-drinkers.

My take; wines are good too buh i will take beer over wines any day..

Nice to meet you tho!
Re: BONE THIEVES - Drinking Excess Alcohol. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
Lavisha:

Well said!
Meanwhile, I'm an industrial microbiologist with experience in brewery..
Unlike wines beer helps in diverse ways;
1. Help reduce risk of heart disease.
2. Protect against Alzheimer’s disease
3. Lower risk of diabetes
4. Help prevent kidney stones
5. Minimize risk of cancer
Beer contains an important antioxidant known as xanthohumol. Xanthohumol is known to have powerful anti-cancer properties that help fend off cancer-causing enzymes in the body.

6. Help reduce cholesterol levels
If you’d like an unorthodox method for cutting your cholesterol levels, indulging in moderate beer consumption may be the way to go. The barley used in brewing of beer contains a type of soluble fiber known as beta-glucans that has been shown to help in lowering cholesterol levels.

7. Help manage blood pressure

8. Help strengthen bones
Beer contains decent levels of silicon, an element that is linked with bone health.
One study conducted at Tufts in 2009 established that older individuals who drank one or two glasses of beer daily had higher bone density, and thus were less prone to fractures than those who did not enjoy a glass of beer or wine. However, the study also found that consuming more than two drinks increased risk of bone fractures.

9. Help treat dandruff
Another interesting fact about beer is that it is considered one of the best natural treatments for dandruff. This particular health benefit of beer is attributed to its high yeast and vitamin B content levels.
Just rinse your hair with a bottle of beer two to three times a week to get rid of dandruff and make your hair extra soft and shiny.

10. Help cut down risk of strokes
Studies by the American Stroke Association have shown that people who drink moderate amounts of beer can cut their risk of strokes by – get this – a whopping 50% compared to non-drinkers.

My take; wines are good too buh i will take beer over wines any day..

Nice to meet you tho!

I respect your take Sir,,,, I was actually writing respecting bone health, nothing else...

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Bitter Melon Herbs / HELP!, My Girlfriend Has Squint/crossed Eye,how Can This Be Corrected. / Health Benefits Of Eating Spaghetti Recipes With Nutrition Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.