Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

BONE THIEVES - Drinking Sodas. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BONE THIEVES - Drinking Sodas. (176 Views)

BONE THIEVES - Drinking Excess Alcohol. / Coronavirus: Thieves Steal 6000 Hygiene Masks In Japan. / 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BONE THIEVES - Drinking Sodas. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2020
The awful health effects of soda consumption continue to mount, yet 49% of adults drink at least one such beverage per day.

This bad habit increases the risk for Bone problem, and also makes you more susceptible to obesity,
cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, cancer, and more.

There are several reasons soda is detrimental to your bone health. Like many other sugar-rich foods, soda acidifies your serum pH.

The primary acidifying compound in Cola is Phosphoric Acid. Diets high in Phosphoric Acid have been associated with lower bone density and increased hip fractures.

Soda also contributes to weight gain because of
the empty calories it contains. And don’t think that switching to diet soda is any better.

Diet soda also contributes to weight gain and contains harmful artificial sweeteners.

Dark-colored colas such as Pepsi and Coke are particularly problematic. Manufacturers add the chemical 4-methylimidazole (4-MI) to create their classic deep brown color.

In animal studies, consuming 4-MI is associated with a higher risk of cancer. Although Pepsi and Coke changed their formulas in 2012 to reduce 4-MI, it has not been completely removed from the ingredient list.

When it comes to soda consumption, your best choice is to steer clear of them entirely. When you crave a cool beverage, enjoy a glass of sparkling ice water with a lemon or lime wedge or something like it.

Tea and coffee in moderation are acceptable choices if you need a caffeine kick.

http://wellnesscenter.lettersfromgatrielle.com

Re: BONE THIEVES - Drinking Sodas. by meobizy(f): 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2020
I enjoy these treats once in a while and have a job which burns everything off. Staying active to me is the key thing when dealing with them. I exercise every other day and perform isometric exercises to counter any ill effect they may present to my bones.
Re: BONE THIEVES - Drinking Sodas. by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 08, 2020
meobizy:
I enjoy these treats once in a while and have a job which burns everything off. Staying active to me is the key thing when dealing with them. I exercise every other day and perform isometric exercises to counter any ill effect they may present to my bones.
I couldn't agree more with You, Sir! "Staying Active!" And "Moderation!"��

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Sanwo-olu Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Learn The Tips About Treating Endometrial Hyperplasia Symptoms / COVID-19 Has Grown Beyond Second Wave, Now A Tsunami – Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.