Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video (36180 Views)

Pictures Of Enugu's T-junction Flyover / Wike Has Completed GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video / Garrison Flyover Port Harcourt Completed: Pictures & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by Onepeople: 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2020
Coldie:

Oyigbo issue can be solved it's very simple considering oyigbos location.

To me since the govt has refused to develop the area, there's need for oyigbo to attract as much population as possible, the reason obio akpor cannot be neglected is cause of the huge population and votes coming from there, looking from google maps, after obio akpor and port Harcourt oyigbo is third largest urban area in rivers state. I believe if that population can be out to use oyigbo won't be a push over.

As regards d roads to me we don't need manual work we can improvise
you know development is one the factors to that increases migration.
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by Onepeople: 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2020
Coldie:

Let oyigbo lga do a test with a street, since they already have white sand in abundance from the imo river only thing lacking is concrete.

Some roads and old houses no longer in use should be scrappped and demolished and converted into concrete. After pouring the white sands gotten from the imo river they use the concrete as foundation.

Then use red mud to make bricks cook it till it's very strong then lay it. Use it as roads over here in the uk I have seen lots of brick roads.

That's the cheapest with available materials in oyigbo. Why the lg uses it's fund to sponsor the major roads
that makes sense too.but you know this is Nigeria things don't work like that over here .
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by abragr8: 8:58pm On Dec 06, 2020
Ok
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by chinchum(m): 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
persius555:
The client is a money bag. The same Julius Berger is finding it difficult to complete the barely 20km portion of the Lagos Ibadan Expressway since August 2019
Stop Fake news , Julius Berger portion is NOT "barely 20km". it is in the neighbourhood of 50km.....
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by thesolutions(m): 9:21pm On Dec 06, 2020
Macsjebs:
Portharcourt is a lovely place to be

...A guy met me recently, lamenting how he is having a hard time getting a girlfriend; he feels he isn't good looking enough & doesn't have a good dress sense

I simply told him, attraction is a chemistry and you only need to 'pepper them'; he said, 'u mean I should use pepper spray on ladies, that's absurd!'...Lol

Not at all, I replied, I meant try wearing our mind blowing, appealing & ethereal fragrance and watch how ladies would find you irresistible and want to start a conversation with you everywhere you go.

'When I am not MTN', he replied skeptically, then I showed him a lot of Nairalanders reviews on the thread on my signature & that was it! Dude is a happy guy now
ONLY TECNO MARKETERS USE THIS LINE. YOUR TRAINING WASN'T A WASTE AFTER ALL
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by InvertedHammer: 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2020
/
grin grin grin

Another celebration of flyover as the greatest achievement known to man?

/
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by 24SEVEN: 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2020
Coldie:

Oyigbo issue can be solved it's very simple considering oyigbos location.

To me since the govt has refused to develop the area, there's need for oyigbo to attract as much population as possible, the reason obio akpor cannot be neglected is cause of the huge population and votes coming from there, looking from google maps, after obio akpor and port Harcourt oyigbo is third largest urban area in rivers state. I believe if that population can be out to use oyigbo won't be a push over.

As regards d roads to me we don't need manual work we can improvise

Let the whole Igbos in Nigeria relocate to Oyigbo, nothing will change. Nobody considers them Riverian enough. We ain't spending money there.
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by Osas4lav(m): 9:57pm On Dec 06, 2020
You've ignored Rumuokoro and moved all forces and workers to GRA Junction. People are suffering everyday trekking from Rumuodumaya to enter vehicle across the flyover while also lifting hands up like slaves of war when passing police men. Julius Berger should finish what they started first, GRA junction just started few months back and its almost done
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by Coldie(m): 10:05pm On Dec 06, 2020
24SEVEN:

Let the whole Igbos in Nigeria relocate to Oyigbo, nothing will change. Nobody considers them Riverian enough. We ain't spending money there.
Oyigbo never begged to be riverian u guys are the ones trying to force them
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by ULOPVQ: 10:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
ogmask:

You think it will reduce traffic?
Have you been to agip flyover at peak periods? More like the flyover is not worth it. What wike should hace done was to build interchange and not this kind of straight bridges. Trust me these bridges come with their side effects too. Aside the fact that it wouldn't do much to reduce traffic especially for those turning off aba road, it will attract more traffic to the city centre thereby causing congestion.
The agip, rumuola and cfc existing fly overs should have sent the signal to wike.
Btw, he announced another one will commenced on ikoku azikiwe stretch. Can u even believe this. If anywhere needs a bridge at all it should be ada george/ wimpi junction.

Ada George/Wimpey certainly needs a flyover, I know how long I spend there whenever I am on the road. That road is very busy for reasons I don't know and to think that his family home is around there, and he is giving it less concentration.

Even though an interchange like you stated would have been the best idea, I think the flyover will also aid in reducing the time one spends on that road. Oyigbo/Aba road is another place he seriously needs to touch, the last time I plied the road I saw several cars get stuck, and people had to push them to start again.
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by mrksquare: 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2020
Flyover that's was awarded without any budgetary appropriation for same. Even the dictates of the public procurement laws was brazenly violated. Wike has a warp and anachronistic philosophy about governance. Physical infrastructure doesn't evaluate to good governance.
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by DoubleDee4U(m): 10:41pm On Dec 06, 2020
galaxylauncher:
This is GRA Junction Flyover Port Harbourt. The construction started barely 2-3months ago. What caught my attention today was the amazing speed with the construction giant Julius Berger is doing the project. Watch and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfaba6R_YmE

Lalasticlala

Where is the flyover naa? All I can see is a bridge. Abi you don't know the difference between a bridge and a flyover?
OP this is a bridge and not a flyover over.. Wike is not building any flyover in Rivers State. All he is building are bridges along Aba road.
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by ogmask: 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2020
ULOPVQ:

Ada George/Wimpey certainly needs a flyover, I know how long I spend there whenever I am on the road. That road is very busy for reasons I don't know and to think that his family home is around there, and he is giving it less concentration.

Even though an interchange like you stated would have been the best idea, I think the flyover will also aid in reducing the time one spends on that road. Oyigbo/Aba road is another place he seriously needs to touch, the last time I plied the road I saw several cars get stuck, and people had to push them to start again.

You are absolutely right. But what I don't understand is why the roads that need serious attention are left undone while areas like garrison and cfc, which to the best of my knowledge are just mere expansion, are getting so much attention. If you ask me, I do not see the reason for the flyover at GRA junction too.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by ULOPVQ: 11:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
ogmask:

You are absolutely right. But what I don't understand is why the roads that need serious attention are left undone while areas like garrison and cfc, which to the best of my knowledge are just mere expansion, are getting so much attention. If you ask me, I do not see the reason for the flyover at GRA junction too.

Sometimes the people in power don't like concentrating on things that need urgent attention. He probably leaving it for the next administration, and yes the flyover at GRA is absolutely useless.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by asatemple(f): 4:35am On Dec 07, 2020
good job the governor himself
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by Mrpojj(m): 6:47am On Dec 07, 2020
galaxylauncher:
This is GRA Junction Flyover Port Harbourt. The construction started barely 2-3months ago. What caught my attention today was the amazing speed with the construction giant Julius Berger is doing the project. Watch and enjoy.

Lalasticlala

This should open our eyes to the fact that any project that drags, it is deliberate

1 Like

Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by Countersam(m): 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2020
galaxylauncher:

Lalasticlala

ABA is just close bye, also PDP. Ikpeazụ abeg borrow sense na
Re: Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video by Countersam(m): 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2020
Mrpojj:

This should open our eyes to the fact that any project that drags, it is deliberate
And also the ability and competence of the firm handling the contract.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country / List Of Lagos Roads & Bridges Under Okada & Tricycle Restrictions / Beautiful Photos From Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.