Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,935 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off (1361 Views)

The Federal Government Is Punishing Us – KWAM 1 / CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened / Alausa Protest Ground Reportedly Surrounded By Security Agents, Light Turned Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by VaselineCrew: 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
If you drive the lekki epe route, you may be treated to chaos at the junctions where traffic used to be controlled by traffic lights.

Now, for whatever reason, most of the traffic lights on that axis are off, meaning road users have to fight for right of way.

Is this the punishment for Lagosians protesting?

Or does it mean if we don't pay toll, we can't get working traffic lights?

I refuse to believe the government is being intentionally wicked, but then again, this is Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by Kwamecron(m): 7:37pm On Dec 05, 2020
Is it not from the toll gate fee, all this are maintained

11 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by Beblessedbaba: 7:37pm On Dec 05, 2020
i almost asked same questions weeks back as its seems some one is sabotaging the sector not necessarily the government.
I understand the stretch of ikeja and other areas same thing is applicable.
Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by VaselineCrew: 7:58pm On Dec 05, 2020
Kwamecron:
Is it not from the toll gate fee, all this are maintained

Traffic lights shouldn't need to be maintained with toll gate money

and besides, the axis is soo free now, as opposed to spending hours everyday trying to pay that toll

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by VaselineCrew: 7:59pm On Dec 05, 2020
Beblessedbaba:
i almost asked same questions weeks back as its seems some one is sabotaging the sector not necessarily the government.
I understand the stretch of ikeja and other areas same thing is applicable.

It's so strange. All lights are down.

If you drive in the afternoon, then lasma may be there to control traffic, but from evening, it becomes a mad house.

I wonder what is happening. I am observing sha
Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by loopman: 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2020
VaselineCrew:
If you drive the lekki epe route, you may be treated to chaos at the junctions where traffic used to be controlled by traffic lights.

Now, for whatever reason, most of the traffic lights on that axis are off, meaning road users have to fight for right of way.

Is this the punishment for Lagosians protesting?

Or does it mean if we don't pay toll, we can't get working traffic lights?

I refuse to believe the government is being intentionally wicked, but then again, this is Nigeria

Endsars hoodlums destroyed streets and traffic lights in Lagos

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by VaselineCrew: 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2020
loopman:

Endsars hoodlums destroyed streets and traffic lights in Lagos

That could also be a possibility, but the physical lights are still there, or do you believe they destroyed the power/control points for all the lights?

If that is the case, I wonder just how long it would take for them to get them up and running again.

The chaos is real yo! Take Lekki Phase 1 junction for instance, you have people on each side that could go left, right, straight... and with no lights, it's just crazy.
Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by youngmonie: 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
See this people ohh, you think they just charge toll for charging reasons. Its to maintain the road and since you people dont want to pay toll, enjoy traffic. And yes other countries they pay road tax.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by helinues: 8:58pm On Dec 05, 2020
When the prolooters were busy destroying Street lights and other things, no be hail una dey hail them?

Hian

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by longetivity(m): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
Bro Na everywhere for Lagos o, you can use more than two hours in traffic from oyingbo to adekunle to Sabo yaba. the thing don taya me sef
Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by loopman: 10:17pm On Dec 05, 2020
VaselineCrew:

That could also be a possibility, but the physical lights are still there, or do you believe they destroyed the power/control points for all the lights?

If that is the case, I wonder just how long it would take for them to get them up and running again.

The chaos is real yo! Take Lekki Phase 1 junction for instance, you have people on each side that could go left, right, straight... and with no lights, it's just crazy.

Enjoy it

It’s the consequences of actions of some people, they destroyed govt properties thinking they were doing Tinubu, Sanwoolu and APC

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by Okoroawusa: 10:25pm On Dec 05, 2020
Who are you asking?

Not be una gather destroy Lagos for October?

Enjoy the chaos

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by Miracle2020: 11:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
VaselineCrew:

It's so strange. All lights are down.

If you drive in the afternoon, then lasma may be there to control traffic, but from evening, it becomes a mad house.

I wonder what is happening. I am observing sha
enjoy your endsars

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by Miracle2020: 11:34pm On Dec 05, 2020
longetivity:
Bro Na everywhere for Lagos o, you can use more than two hours in traffic from oyingbo to adekunle to Sabo yaba. the thing don taya me sef
enjoy your endsars

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by chozzy: 12:36am On Dec 06, 2020
youngmonie:
See this people ohh, you think they just charge toll for charging reasons. Its to maintain the road and since you people dont want to pay toll, enjoy traffic. And yes other countries they pay road tax.

Oga, go and sleep!
Are we not paying tax?
Lagos posts an IGR of over 50b monthly but prefers to share it through corruption in Alausa.
Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by helinues: 7:12am On Dec 06, 2020
120twentyy:
[s][/s]

Fixed
Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by loopman: 7:17am On Dec 06, 2020
chozzy:

Oga, go and sleep!
Are we not paying tax?
Lagos posts an IGR of over 50b monthly but prefers to share it through corruption in Alausa.

Which tax are you paying that will make you destroy government properties?

Give me you C-xxxxxx or N-xxxxxx number let me run it to see if you pay tax and how much you’ve ever pay to LASG

See his mouth like “are we not paying tax”

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by helinues: 7:28am On Dec 06, 2020
chozzy:

Oga, go and sleep!
Are we not paying tax?

Return back to your home state and go and pay tax there...

It's not by force to reside in Lagos most especially if you are not ready to abide by the law of the state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by helinues: 7:30am On Dec 06, 2020
122twoo:
[s][/s]

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Seun
Dominique
OAMJ4

Rule 1
Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by Ikennamurphy: 7:33am On Dec 06, 2020
helinues:

Return back to your home state and go and pay tax there...

It's not by force to reside in Lagos most especially if you are not ready to abide by the law of the state
You're one of the tribalistic people I have seen on the forum, to what end? What's your gain really
Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by helinues: 7:35am On Dec 06, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

You're one of the tribalistic people I have seen on the forum, to what end? What's your gain really

What's your definition of tribalistic?

So protecting one's region from miscreants means you are tribal..

Choi, half educated people everywhere

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by Ikennamurphy: 7:40am On Dec 06, 2020
helinues:

What's your definition of tribalistic?

So protecting one's region from miscreants means you are tribal..

Choi, half educated people everywhere
Well I have seen you're one of an irredeemable ediot, enjoy your foolery, tribalistic animals like u are subhumans whom animals are better than
Re: Is Lagos Punishing Us For #Endsars? Lekki Traffic Lights Turned Off by helinues: 7:41am On Dec 06, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Well I have seen you're one of an irredeemable ediot, enjoy your foolery, tribalistic animals like u are subhumans whom animals are better than

Send me your mailing address make I gift you free handkerchief and bucket

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Cattle And Milk Producing Nations / Opinion: It Is Premature To Finger IPOB In Gulak's Assassination / Breaking!!! Nmandi Kanu Passport Found In Kenya; Gazette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.