Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Why I Backed Buhari, Rejected Jonathan In 2015, By Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Backed Buhari, Rejected Jonathan In 2015, By Amaechi (401 Views)

2023: Atiku Rejected Jonathan's Plea In 2015, Refused To Support Him - Wike / Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It / Amaechi: Why I Rejected Jonathan & Supported Buhari In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why I Backed Buhari, Rejected Jonathan In 2015, By Amaechi by Nobody: 5:05am On Dec 06, 2020
By Mike Odiegwu, Port Harcourt

The Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi, has vowed to take control of the happenings in Rivers State when he returns in 2021.

Amaechi, a former governor of the state, said he would soon return to the state to resume political activities.

The Minister also said that former President Goodluck Jonathan gave him many offers to remain in the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) but he rejected them because he was not a tribalist.

Amaechi spoke at the secretariat of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Port Harcourt when he received some political bigwigs who abandoned the PDP for the APC.

Those who defected to the APC with their followers were Chief Alabo Michael West, Dr. John Bazia, Chima Obinna, Chief Salvation Ezengwogwo, among others.

Amaechi said he would resume his activities in the state with prayer sessions.

He said despite the entreaties from Jonathan, he chose to work for the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari because he would never base his fight on tribal sentiments.

He said the former President fought him for leaving the PDP, adding that he (Amaechi) triumphed because God was with him.

Amaechi said: “Next year, we are starting prayer session. You know, when Goodluck fought us, he was not fighting me, he was fighting God, and I knew he would fail.

“Tell them, from next year, prayer will start. I will come to Port Harcourt like I used to come, and I will say this will happen, and it will happen.

“Let me tell you who I am: I do not drink. I have never tasted alcohol in my life. I don’t smoke. I am not tribalistic. Whether in Rivers State or in Nigeria, I am not tribalistic.

“If I were tribalistic, President Goodluck Jonathan offered me opportunity to remain in PDP. He offered me all sorts of opportunities, but I said that I had given my allegiance to Buhari because I am not tribalistic.”

The minister also said over 90 per cent of politicians in the state grew through him and commended the defectors for leaving the PDP.

He said: “Let me welcome my friends. Like they told you, they shared power with me in the Assembly. And I tell people that there are not up to 10 per cent of politicians in Rivers State who didn’t pass through me. Mention names, I know their character.

“So, I say I am not supporting you for governorship because I know your character. You know, when we went to Abuja, this young man started making noise, an elderly Nigerian called me and said keep quiet, very soon Nigerians will know who he is, now everybody knows who he is.”

Chief Ibinabo Michael West, who led the defectors, is a former PDP governorship aspirant, two-time member of the Rivers State House of Assembly and a commissioner when Amaechi was governor.
https://thenationonlineng.net/why-i-backed-buhari-rejected-jonathan-in-2015-by-amaechi/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Backed Buhari, Rejected Jonathan In 2015, By Amaechi by Ahmed0336(m): 5:13am On Dec 06, 2020
which one is 2021? you make it seem so far please just say next three weeks.
Re: Why I Backed Buhari, Rejected Jonathan In 2015, By Amaechi by kelib: 5:27am On Dec 06, 2020
You think since u don't drink or smoke then you are a spiritual man. Was also waiting for u to say you don't womanize either. You failed twice with two candidates and you did not see that coming. For me God is not a partaker of Nigerian politics cos it's dirty. U kill, still and destroy n you still want to call God. Baba your are on a long thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Backed Buhari, Rejected Jonathan In 2015, By Amaechi by Karemarealty288(m): 5:33am On Dec 06, 2020
Our politicians playing God with their political timing and predictions...2020 is barely over and they have used all the timeline for 2023.

1 Like

Re: Why I Backed Buhari, Rejected Jonathan In 2015, By Amaechi by CodeTemplar: 5:41am On Dec 06, 2020
You looted your constituency to sponsor a man who isn't going to favour your constituency. He may favour you in person by not prosecuting you but at the end who are the losers?

1 Like

Re: Why I Backed Buhari, Rejected Jonathan In 2015, By Amaechi by Yenefer(f): 5:49am On Dec 06, 2020
Sharaap. Because of your own selfish interest 100+1% of Nigerian Politicians are corrupt and only care about their family and friends
Re: Why I Backed Buhari, Rejected Jonathan In 2015, By Amaechi by Greenback: 6:03am On Dec 06, 2020
This man remains a big f..l
Re: Why I Backed Buhari, Rejected Jonathan In 2015, By Amaechi by Mynd44: 6:09am On Dec 06, 2020

(1)

Tribute To Late Sen. Bayo Salami By Prof Adeolu Durotoye. (updated) / Why Nigerian Lawmakers Are Dying – Kalu / Secret Exposed: The 3 Major Plans Of Fulanis To Takeover Southern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.