Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) (16771 Views)

Ebonyi Deputy Speaker, Odefa Impeached / PDP Convention: Kadade Sulaiman Becomes PDP National Youth Leader / Taofeek Arapaja Emerges As PDP Deputy National Chairman (South) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Dedetwo(m): 9:41am On Dec 07, 2020
Nonybb:
So Igbo man is called Ali? Umu idioooots

Yes, Igbo can be called Ali. I guess you are the basement ediota in this discuss. Ali, Ala and Ani are in Igbo words. He may have been Alioma, Alilionwu or Alichi and he decided to abbreviate. Nwali or Nwala or Nwani does not mean Muslim. The idiocy to run into flimsy and erroneous judgment have proven the drawback of most Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Dedetwo(m): 9:48am On Dec 07, 2020
vickydevoka:
Names like Ali, agbo, idoko, ujah n udeh can be found in Enugu cause de share boundary with de North. Dats y most of my Enugu friends look northerner n re dark in complexion (na God create Dem).
Same thing apply to Abia state especially abriba people de answer name like ena, ekpie, n umo cause de share boundary with akwaibom

In this case, the Ali can be Ala or Ani. It could have been abbreviated from Alichi, Alioma or even Alilionwu. Why are some goons so twisted because of Ali. Does the word Ali an exclusive domain of northern region of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by BTCog: 10:42am On Dec 07, 2020
RichDad1:
Ali = Igbo Muslim
Hausa/Fulani are gradually taking over SE lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Let the Islamization begins.

Wrong
"Ali" in their dialect means land. Ali Odefa is no moslem. He attends RCCG. He is the son of the late Chief Obasi Odefa, a former commissioner for Works and Housing in the old Abia state, one of the few Igbo literate families that have rejected anything English name. All his siblings within and outside the country bear no English name. His elder brother who is the Deputy Speaker Ebonyi House of Assembly migrated to APC with the Governor but he refused to join them.

I know him to his roots. He has a deadly heart that can withstand anybody. He was the key brain behind Umahi's first victory against Elechi. He fights to finish. That was why the first position Umahi gave him was his chief security officer. Umahi fears him. The only luck Umahi has is that Chief Ali Odefa has a very good wife who has helped to shape Ali to be a responsible human being. Otherwise, it would just have been a total war in the State. That woman is an angel and he doesn't play with her.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by twutin1: 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Cry?

Maybe you are new here.

It is a welcome development if such happened.

I am not new here. You where the one telling etinosa to stop confusing Igbo subgroups and making them think that they are from Benin for “future country”

1 Like

Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Ohaozara: 12:07pm On Dec 07, 2020
Oga stop misleading people. Ali/Ani is Igbo name, not Hausa/Fulani. The man is from Oshiri in Ohaozara and not even a Muslim, so what's your problem. His Grandfather, Father and entire Odefa family are well respected in Ebonyi State and they're no Hausa/Fulani nor Muslims, so stop giving out false information to the public
Juliusmalema:
Ali Odefa?

Well that's good. At least an Hausa fulani is now the National vice chairman of pdp SE.

Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Ohaozara: 12:21pm On Dec 07, 2020
Ohhh Isu-aniocha is a community in Brazil right? You're the one deceiving people[Qquote author=Juliusmalema post=96809548]

You are a liar. From observation there is nothing like Aniocha in Anambra state. Aniocha is in Delta state.

Anambra will say "Ana" (Land) not Ani....then What they have is Anaocha in Anambra not Aniocha...

If you don't know ask others than misleading the public.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Akudaisi: 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
For those of you thinking about the Ali name,it means land,not Arabic Ali. (peace)
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Akudaisi: 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2020
catherine1998:

No need for much explanation on that name Ali, Ali means land in Ebonyi dialect, just as Enugu & parts of Anambra pronounces it (land) as "Ani" reason why you have Aninri & Aniocha in both state respectively, then in general Igbo it is called "ala"
am from almost the same side with the Odefa man,same Ozara language but different dialects,we bear Ani and we don't have Li in our tongue,same for most Ozara speaking part of Enugu like the Nkanus and hey there is nothing like Ebonyi dialect,I barley understand Oshiri people which we share same language with talk more of Abakaliki
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Akudaisi: 2:37pm On Dec 07, 2020
vickydevoka:
Names like Ali, agbo, idoko, ujah n udeh can be found in Enugu cause de share boundary with de North. Dats y most of my Enugu friends look northerner n re dark in complexion (na God create Dem).
Same thing apply to Abia state especially abriba people de answer name like ena, ekpie, n umo cause de share boundary with akwaibom
u no get sense
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by catherine1998: 3:08pm On Dec 07, 2020
Akudaisi:
am from almost the same side with the Odefa man,same Ozara language but different dialects,we bear Ani and we don't have Li in our tongue,same for most Ozara speaking part of Enugu like the Nkanus and hey there is nothing like Ebonyi dialect,I barley understand Oshiri people which we share same language with talk more of Abakaliki
Well I didnt really catch up with your explanation, but in anycase if your own part of Ebonyi uses "Ani" instead of Ali no quams, but be inform that so many parts of Ebonyi uses "Ali, thats why I said is Ebonyi dialect.
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by gidgiddy: 3:13pm On Dec 07, 2020
In Igbo language, "land" can be Ani, Ana, Ali or Ala depending on the dialect of your area. Ali is land, not the Arabic name.
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by catherine1998: 3:17pm On Dec 07, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You are a liar. From observation there is nothing like Aniocha in Anambra state. Aniocha is in Delta state.

Anambra will say "Ana" (Land) not Ani....then What they have is Anaocha in Anambra not Aniocha...

If you don't know ask others than misleading the public.
Oh! this Igala tout so you finally realized there are differentials in Pronunciations of Igbo words, I thought anambra should have been perfect in their own Pronunciations.
...onye Era
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Akudaisi: 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2020
catherine1998:
Well I didnt really catch up with your explanation, but in anycase if your own part of Ebonyi uses "Ani" instead of Ali no quams, but be inform that so many parts of Ebonyi uses "Ali, thats why I said is Ebonyi dialect.
like I said there is nothing like Ebonyi dialect that's my point I don't know who is majority but my people don't call Ani Ali
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by catherine1998: 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2020
Akudaisi:
like I said there is nothing like Ebonyi dialect that's my point I don't know who is majority but my people don't call Ani Ali
I never sighted majority in my post, I dont like bringing that line of argument in Ebonyi issue bcus it amplifies division which will not do us(Ebonyians) any good. & I hate to argue with my fellow Ebonyian on nairaland, but this is my position if you guys uses "Ani ok some parts of the state also uses "Ali, that means one will be right to say that "Ali is Ebonyi dialect, while "Ani is also Ebonyi dialect.
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Akudaisi: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
catherine1998:

I never sighted majority in my post, I dont like bringing that line of argument in Ebonyi issue bcus it amplifies division which will not do us(Ebonyians) any good. & I hate to argue with my fellow Ebonyian on nairaland, but this is my position if you guys uses "Ani ok some parts of the state also uses "Ali, that means one will be right to say that "Ali is Ebonyi dialect, while "Ani is also Ebonyi dialect.
and one can rightly say Ali is Imo,Abia and Enugu and Rivers dialect too so keep calm
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2020
Coldie:

Guy the metrics are not sth to say here.

One thing we should fight against is restructuring, restructuring and resource control we will be the worst hit

Please point the metrics that make us the poorest zone in Nigeria. That is what I need.
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by catherine1998: 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2020
Akudaisi:
and one can rightly say Ali is Imo,Abia and Enugu and Rivers dialect too so keep calm
See I dont like been harsh to my fellow Ebonyian & I can't start it with you either so select your words on me carefully. For your information please, no part of Igbo speaking Rivers state that uses "Ali, & there is no part of Imo that uses "Ali. And take Note please, I wasn't saying "Ali" is Ebonyi dialect to spat on any body but I said it to counter some people on NL trying to question the Igbo originality of the bearer "Ali Odefa, so stop picking fight where there is none, ordinarily I dont usually have this patient with ppl on NL. Im just been this civil bcus you are from Great Ebonyi.
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by vickydevoka(m): 7:01pm On Dec 07, 2020
Akudaisi:
u no get sense
Lol. Seriously sometimes I de misplace my sense
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Akudaisi: 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2020
catherine1998:

See I dont like been harsh to my fellow Ebonyian & I can't start it with you either so select your words on me carefully. For your information please, no part of Igbo speaking Rivers state that uses "Ali, & there is no part of Imo that uses "Ali. And take Note please, I wasn't saying "Ali" is Ebonyi dialect to spat on any body but I said it to counter some people on NL trying to question the Igbo originality of the bearer "Ali Odefa, so stop picking fight where there is none, ordinarily I dont usually have this patient with ppl on NL. Im just been this civil bcus you are from Great Ebonyi.
holy shit you clearly need to travel biko don't make fun of yourself,even Owerri people say Ali please don't be daft,am saying it because you say ure from Ebonyi and that means you are Igbo,am always down with my Igbo brothers
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by catherine1998: 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2020
Akudaisi:
holy shit you clearly need to travel biko don't make fun of yourself,even Owerri people say Ali please don't be daft,am saying it because you say ure from Ebonyi and that means you are Igbo,am always down with my Igbo brothers
I cant remember the part of Owerri that uses "Ali, please remind me, bcus I have a lot of Owerri friends I can verify from them.
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Akudaisi: 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2020
catherine1998:

I cant remember the part of Owerri that uses "Ali, please remind me, bcus I have a lot of Owerri friends I can verify from them.
please verify from them,we learn everyday
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by catherine1998: 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2020
Akudaisi:
please verify from them,we learn everyday
I expected you to tell me the exact part of Owerri, bcus I have some knowledge about Owerri & Imo state at list to a certain level.
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Akudaisi: 8:59pm On Dec 07, 2020
catherine1998:

I expected you to tell me the exact part of Owerri, bcus I have some knowledge about Owerri & Imo state at list to a certain level.
if you do have knowledge then you would know,but you don't so ask your Imo friends Owerri part in particular
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by agadez007(m): 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2020
Juliusmalema:

If you don't know ask others than misleading the public.
Ideani is in Anambra state,there is urueze ani village both in Alor and Abatete in Anambra state
pls do your research
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 07, 2020
agadez007:
Ideani is in Anambra state,there is urueze ani village both in Alor and Abatete in Anambra state
pls do your research

mtcheew
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by agadez007(m): 10:30pm On Dec 07, 2020
Juliusmalema:

mtcheew
I just hate the way you guys make blanket statements,my town in Anambra uses more Ani than Ana,are we not Anambrarians anymore,some Anambra people nearer to imo state would use Ala
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 07, 2020
agadez007:
I just hate the way you guys make blanket statements,my town in Anambra uses more Ani than Ana,are we not Anambrarians anymore,some Anambra people nearer to imo state would use Ala

Mtcheew
Re: Ali Odefa Becomes PDP National Vice Chairman (south East) by Moferere: 1:38am On Dec 16, 2020
catherine1998:

Oh! this Igala tout so you finally realized there are differentials in Pronunciations of Igbo words, I thought anambra should have been perfect in their own Pronunciations.
...onye Era
grin grin grin

Who will tame you like this?

But I hope the mods would have banned you by the time you wake up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians / Efcc’s Freezing Of Fayose’s Account Is Illegal- Ajulo / Buhari Appoints Keyamo, Six Others As NDIC Board Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.