Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? (40523 Views)

Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / Man Sells Son For N350,000 After Deceiving Mother The Baby Died During Delivery / My Friend Is Stuck With A Man Who Is Deceiving Her,please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by UnBanEbenezer(f): 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2020
[s]
JovialJune:
Who are the we precisely? You should specifically be precise by saying this only apply to the women you have had personal encounter with in your existence

And pls stop yapping like someone living in a cave, most of what you mentioned doesn't even apply in the world today, e.g most women share more in the financial responsibility than men doing house hold chores.

Except you probably created this thread to start unnecessary war of gender words.
[/s] contribute constructively to the thread and stop ranting carelessly like an irresponsible market woman.
You reason like an uneducated fellow

14 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by stanech: 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Whenever a woman doesn't agree with ur ideology, u say it must b a man..
U know the thing about all these, u will end up seeing how foolish ur ideology is ...it might take a decade or 2 but u will realise...u might not wanna accept it in front of people, but deep down inside, u will realise ur ideology is just the devils plan to ruin the society

Problem now is admitting they were wrong..

grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by chiboy1116: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
JovialJune:
Who are the we precisely? You should specifically be precise by saying this only apply to the women you have had personal encounter with in your existence

And pls stop yapping like someone living in a cave, most of what you mentioned doesn't even apply in the world today, e.g most women share more in the financial responsibility than men doing house hold chores.

Except you probably created this thread to start unnecessary war of gender words.
most women do what? Not Nigerian women though .
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Myhusband(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2020
JovialJune:

Yes.

you're my month mate, you welcome my Darling

all June born child are great child....
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by lightpurple: 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2020
ablejesus26:

Where is this mentality coming from pls no insult regarded bcus all those things you outlined are nothing for a woman who values the context of marriage and family

our grandmothers did it
our mothers did it
so are you saying they are fools
if your man is naturally liberal enough to assist with the chores which is good and healthy for the relationship BLESS GOD
but if he does not then BLESS GOD

A Well cultured African Woman would do all these you outlined with joy without the husbands input

i no know why we just keep copying strange and stranger tins
even in some Europe countries like France,Ireland etc Women still value the idea of taking care of their homes

Your grandmothers and mother were not forced into the workforce system to be able to cater for themselves. They were home, with their wrappers sharing gossips with their neighbors. The society we live in now demands that everyone work, this leaves the household duties neglected. So the modern day woman should accommodate a leech & liability of a partner because she wants to keep culture?
We move with foreign guys undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by danilmo: 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
Mummymahdi:

Exactly, I am yet to see that woman that doesn't contribute at all in running expanses of the family unless if she mean girlfriend boyfriend rship. but have seen men that can't lay a finger at home in the name of helping with chores

14 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by frozen70(f): 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
Leshurr:
We write threads and blogs about how men are this and that.. how "we are the prize" and are doing men a favour - yet, a few months into the average Nigerian relationship, women are already pressurizing their boyfriends to meet the family and propose to them.

We claim we are 'scared' of marriage and yet we join groups like Sisterhood Africa-Global on Facebook where thousands of women can be seen praying and fasting for a husband and posting thier wedding testimonies.

We tell each other that marriage is not an achievement yet the married ones shame others for not having a spouse.

We claim our traditional duties of cooking and cleaning is a shared responsibility but refuse to share the 'traditional' duty of financial responsibility with our husbands.

We insult men under the guise of feminism but cry blue water when they start to injest 'redpills' and decide to go thier own way.

This write up us from a guy that disguised as a woman

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by stanech: 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
The real enemy of women is the guy or the very bitter woman that convinced them that they can be in equal footing with men.... You all need to look for that person...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Oluchia(f): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
(Shakes head) You will never see a man putting up a post bashing and bringing down their fellow men, never! But women?? We are one of a kind, always bringing each other down and making ourselves topics for men to discuss and bash as usual. OP, welldone.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Truthteller2020: 2:18pm On Dec 08, 2020
Leshurr:
We write threads and blogs about how men are this and that.. how "we are the prize" and are doing men a favour - yet, a few months into the average Nigerian relationship, women are already pressurizing their boyfriends to meet the family and propose to them.

We claim we are 'scared' of marriage and yet we join groups like Sisterhood Africa-Global on Facebook where thousands of women can be seen praying and fasting for a husband and posting thier wedding testimonies.

We tell each other that marriage is not an achievement yet the married ones shame others for not having a spouse.

We claim our traditional duties of cooking and cleaning is a shared responsibility but refuse to share the 'traditional' duty of financial responsibility with our husbands.

We insult men under the guise of feminism but cry blue water when they start to injest 'redpills' and decide to go thier own way.
Pure sensible lady,if you're not married I fit marry you.. Meanwhile, it's "their" not "thier"...pls acept my correction in good fate, nobody is perfect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by LO18(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2020
JovialJune:

you made some very good point but please try not to be offended by the points made by op because she is only trying to help others.Just like every sermon may not be always be directed to the same person.I believe there are many woman who are breadwinners in the Family and also in many others men.some are as a result of favor.It may also be as a result of spiritual causes most of the time that wilk make the lady the breadwinner of the family.Having said that,the fact that the lady is the breadwinner today does not mean it will remain the case forever because it may be the opposite in the future in that particular family.Even if that's not the case instead of the woman being frustrated I think she should give God the glory.who knows maybe she may be the next Okonjo Iweala tomorrow of she is not discouraged.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by kiddkash(m): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2020
Leshurr:

it's society.

people wants to keep the trends going.

I love my parents and grandparents.

I wish to find have exactly the kind of marriage they have
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Gabbriell: 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2020
JovialJune:

And they have arrived, I don't do senseless banters just to stroke whatever is left of your manliness , nope, so look further to someone else,

May you find peace.

God which kind tongue you give this people so?

[img]https://media./images/7d91ac8c1273f5e4014ad58f9508e70a/tenor.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Emperor4tune(m): 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2020
This is not the body language of a typical nigerian lady, i no them very well they cant be humble enough to write things like this

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Juoflife1(f): 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2020
Madam speak for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Chidoxp: 2:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
Time and Time
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by tnerro1(m): 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2020
Op , I have seen the light. Can I marry you wink grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by thedio(m): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2020
SarutobiEky:
Damn, she struck their nerves. See how they are reacting like hydrogen. grin
hydrogen abi chlorine
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Beverlyjean(f): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2020
ziondaughter247:

Lol..Mr MAN! Stop deceiving yourself, bloody lowlife! Because no woman gives you face in the real life, you come here to talk trash!
At least 80% of Nigerian women are breadwinners or earn almost same as their husbands! Men are really losing their value. I am quite sure you can barely take care of your own financial needs, talk more of a woman! Many of you men here suffer from serious low selfesteem. Pure Shame! Lmao

80% breadwinners shocked shocked...haba...take it easy with the lies... how many known businesses do we women have in nigeria...how many parastatals , ministries, banks , oil , the agricultural sector, commerce do we head?? How many shops do women have in alabaster, ladipo, balogun?? How many women have car stands , filling stations , security outfits , TV stations or radio stations ... how many female uber drivers or taxi drivers do u know or keke and bike... how many woman have furniture business ... how many female entertainers do we hv or pastors ... how many women are ogas or in the military, navy police lasma, frsc,ncdc or inec ... men virtually control almost everything... so how are 80% of breadwinners women??

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Emperor4tune(m): 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
TarOrfeeek:

TRP is resetting brains and recovering destinies.

Oh lord, be praised.
papa pls help a brother,which one be trp
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
From my experience I have never pressured any man to meet my parents. It’s usually the man that suggests it and I’m usually like okay. I prefer not to introduce men to my family unless I am sure if they are long term simply because my family and I are really close and I don’t want to keep bringing different men to them.

When you find what you need you do want exclusivity and you do want the world to know how much they mean to you and I think this is where men do need to do better in being vocal about that. we still have men who still want variety but a safe haven of love with a stable partner you really have to be stable too. If she’s important to you...say it

No situation is perfect and when a woman is overwhelmed with a particular situation she will always express herself because it’s the first step of healing - acknowledging what happened and how you feel since men hardly give closure especially when they’ve been offensive and uncouth.

Don’t go out of your way to make love difficult before or after anyone.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by TinubuGoQuench(f): 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2020
JovialJune:

YOU BETTER SHUT UP THERE!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Tloc(m): 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2020
Beverlyjean:

80% breadwinners shocked shocked...haba...take it easy with the lies... how many known businesses do we women have in nigeria...how many parastatals , ministries, banks , oil , the agricultural sector, commerce do we head?? How many shops do women have in alabaster, ladipo, balogun?? How many women have car stands , filling stations , security outfits , TV stations or radio stations ... how many female uber drivers or taxi drivers do u know or keke and bike... how many woman have furniture business ... how many female entertainers do we hv or pastors ... how many women are ogas or in the military, navy police lasma, frsc,ncdc or inec ... men virtually control almost everything... so how are 80% of breadwinners women??

Good head on your shoulders. Simple logic to a dumb ass rhetoric.

8 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by demmymoney(m): 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2020
ziondaughter247:

Lol..Mr MAN! Stop deceiving yourself, bloody lowlife! Because no woman gives you face in the real life, you come here to talk trash!
At least 80% of Nigerian women are breadwinners or earn almost same as their husbands! Men are really losing their value. I am quite sure you can barely take care of your own financial needs, talk more of a woman! Many of you men here suffer from serious low selfesteem. Pure Shame! Lmao

Bloody lie

Men run things in Nigeria

We are the majority in career, business and politics

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by ThierryJay: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Both genders have their challenges...no one cares if a 30 yr old woman don't hv a car money, business or rented apartment... but men are validated based on the mentioned... if linda was a man with the money she has , she wud hv been married since just by a snap of the finger but because the society validates money as the way a man is respected or wanted in the society , she herself will not settle for less.... a very rich man can go to the village and marry a girl from a poor home...but a rich woman will not do that ...

I don't know why I always like your comments outside of football. This is another of your very sensible comments on this thread I just liked.

Hmm, I wish I could like it one thousand more times as it's dripping premium sense. Almost tempted to tell you to avoid the sports section and love your CR7 in silence.

7 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Ogaonos: 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2020
JovialJune:

ok buy Ur bf a Nokia smartphone or 30k worth Xmas gift.then we believe u

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2020
AuntRose:

The op isn't a female.
The op isn't a female because she stated the fact? get out of here. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by CodeTemplar: 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2020
Davash222:
Finally, a sensible female Nairalander surfaces, The world is ending soon, brace up people.
Just 10k. Don't let rapture nil off your account and mama basira rice and beans. You can help me access mama basira's rice n beans with 10k since the world will soon end.
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Emperor4tune(m): 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2020
Karleb:
I'm waiting for those that'll say OP is a man.
i am here,i sense OP is a man but the only joy i derieve is that he has spoken sense,so i dont care about who the OP may be

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by YangaBabe: 2:39pm On Dec 08, 2020
Lol, this thread sha wink
Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by survivor10(m): 2:40pm On Dec 08, 2020
Under 25s women won't agree to this topic. Over 25s women won't argue this post at all. Women and marriage are like 5&6

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? by Ogaonos: 2:41pm On Dec 08, 2020
JovialJune:

And they have arrived, I don't do senseless banters just to stroke whatever is left of your manliness, nope, so look further to someone else,

May you find peace.
my sister is only for abroad.ladies do support men.nigerian women dnt.only our old mama in those days do that.op is referring to Nigerian ladies.if u ask a Nigerian gf even feminist for cash na issue u don find.dating a Nigeria lady is like buying a ps5 Nd buying the cds.every year.dt why patronage of olosho is high.so pls try to be realist.op is nt refering to the world as u said but Nigeria women.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Knocks Off His Wife's Teeth After She Refused To Abort Their Baby (Photos) / Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? / Adorable Photos Of A Kenyan Lady With Her Oyinbo Husband & Their Cute Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.