Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career (1122 Views)

The Radfords: UK's Largest Family Welcomes Baby No 22 Amidst Coronavirus Crisis / Husband Wakes His Wife Up With Breakfast In Bed, Her Smile Is Priceless (Photos) / Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies (2) (3) (4)

CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by ogbiwa: 8:23am On Dec 07, 2020
The chief executive of Europe's largest online fashion site has announced plans to step down from his role, saying his wife's "professional ambitions should take priority".

Rubin Ritter has been co-CEO of Zalando since 2010.

The company, which began as a Berlin-based start-up 12 years ago, today has 36m customers and recorded revenue of €1.85bn (£1.6bn) last quarter.

He will step down in May, cutting short a contract that runs to late-2023.

"My wife and I have agreed that for the coming years, her professional ambitions should take priority," Mr Ritter said in a statement.

"I want to devote more time to my growing family. After more than 11 amazing years where Zalando has been my priority, I feel that it is time to give my life a new direction."

The statement gave no further details about his wife or her job.

Zalando's other two bosses, Robert Gentz and David Schneider, will continue to lead the company, the firm said.

Zalando is Europe's biggest online fashion retailer, with 36m customers.

Mr Ritter was in charge of strategy and communications on the three-way management team, but he was also finance chief until last year.

Commenting on Mr Ritter's decision, Mr Gentz said: "When we started to ship the first shoes to our customers from the basement of our office, we did not know where the journey would lead us.

"It is impossible to overstate Rubin's impact on Zalando's success."

Zalando's customers are spread across 17 countries. The online platform sells accessories and beauty products alongside fashion.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55209744

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by Mynd44: 8:29am On Dec 07, 2020
This man is me, I an this man.

House husband is the way to go. My wife should go and work, focus on Her career and let me be chopping life and watching TV.

Cooking and cleaning? We can employ domestic staff or I can just use it as my workout routine.

I want the joys of driving my kids to school and picking them, attending their extra-curricular activities and being their supporters. Make their mama go work abeg. I cannot work until my old age.

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by MickzyDonald: 8:29am On Dec 07, 2020
Their choice nah,

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 07, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Do you know if you don't take care of your family you will be ask on the last day? People see marriage as a thing to flex, they don't know it is a task entrust to you both.

Family building is very important than anything in a man's life. If a man can control and take care of his family, forget it he has done an awesome task.

For this man, focusing on his wife ambition shouldn't be his priority, but his family entirly inclusive - thier kids also.

I wish him best of luck !!!

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by MiVida(m): 8:32am On Dec 07, 2020
If you look at him sef, you'll know he's that soft type you can order around.
Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by Martinez39s(m): 8:34am On Dec 07, 2020
Mynd44:

House husband is the way to go. My wife should go and work, focus on Her career and let me be chopping life and watching TV.

Cooking and cleaning? We can employ domestic staff or I can just use it as my workout routine.

I want the joys of driving my kids to school and picking them, attending their extra-curricular activities and being their supporters. Make their mama go work abeg. I cannot work until my old age.
And when her career skyrockets and she starts making more than you and starts meeting richer men, she will branch to them after asking herself "is my husband the best I can do?" #Hypergamy

Only blue pill men quit their jobs to elevate their wives' careers. Wrong move!

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by ogbiwa: 8:37am On Dec 07, 2020
Mynd44:

This is a risky mindset bro.
Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by Mynd44: 8:37am On Dec 07, 2020
Martinez39s:
And when her career skyrockets and she starts making more than you and starts meeting richer men, she will branch to them after asking herself "is my husband the best I can do?" #Hypergamy

The one thing I have learnt in life is that you can't live your life in fear of the reaction of other people.

If her career skyrockets and she leaves, I what? I move.

Why will a sane human live in perpetual fear or bother that an event (that does not mean the end of the world) might happen or not.

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by Mynd44: 8:38am On Dec 07, 2020
ogbiwa:

This is a risky mindset bro.
The reason you see it as risky is because you are afraid of being with someone more successful than you but have no problem with women being less successful than men.

Misogyny? Possibly

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by Kobicove(m): 8:39am On Dec 07, 2020
Mynd44:

Good luck with that grin
Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by ogbiwa: 8:48am On Dec 07, 2020
Mynd44:

The reason you see it as risky is because you are afraid of being with someone more successful than you but have no problem with women being less successful than men.

Misogyny? Possibly

No. The reason I see it as risky is because THE ONLY WISE GOD ordains that a man should provide for his own family. Yes the woman should support him in this but it is the primary responsibility of the man. This is the order that nature recognises. When you go against the order of nature in any context it's only a matter of time chaos steps in

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by Martinez39s(m): 8:53am On Dec 07, 2020
Mynd44:

The one thing I have learnt in life is that you can't live your life in fear of the reaction of other people.

If her career skyrockets and she leaves, I what? I move.

Why will a sane human live in perpetual fear or bother that an event (that does not mean the end of the world) might happen or not.
I am not against her career improvement, but focus on your purpose and career and don't forfeit or put them on hold for any woman. Never depend financially on a woman, or let your wife be the breadwinner while sit at home "enjoying" yourself. All these in order to avoid stories that touch the heart. Women and men are not wired the same when it comes to this love stuff; men love ideally, women don't love and are opportunistic. Don't kid yourself.

We can agree to disagree. Have a nice day. wink

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by Martinez39s(m): 9:02am On Dec 07, 2020
Kobicove:

Good luck with that grin
Don't mind him. He is making the same mistake blue pill men make: thinking women and men are mentally wired the same way. He will not realise his mistake until his wife starts disrespecting him, cheating openly and keeping late nights, telling everyone how she is "suffering" and providing, and reminding him of who provides and feeds him when they quarrel and she gets emotional (it wouldn't matter even if she later apologizes and falsely claim that she didn't mean it). It is then he will the hard truth that you don't make sacrifices for women and you should leave a woman at the same level you met her, never elevate her status. He will be pained realizing that his sacrifices were in vain when his wife gets to a higher level than his and meets other richer men.

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by donbachi(m): 9:04am On Dec 07, 2020
Not humanly possible.but,womanly possible.
Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by Juliusmomoh: 9:10am On Dec 07, 2020
Mynd44:

Misogyny? Possibly
See as u take education finish that guy cheesy cheesy

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by prince2pac(m): 9:18am On Dec 07, 2020
His family,,, His decisions

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by CAPSLOCKED: 9:37am On Dec 07, 2020
Martinez39s:

THIS IS A VERY NONSENSE MOVE. IT'S CLOSE TO TRAINING YOUR GIRL THROUGH SCHOOL OR UPGRADING HER APPEARANCE.
HER NATURE IS TO LOOK FOR MEN ABOVE HER, SO WHEN YOU'VE RAISED HER TO THE POINT HIGHER THAN YOUR POSITION, SHE'LL GO LOOK FOR MEN ABOVE HER AND ABOVE YOU.
IT ALWAYS HAPPENS. BUT THAT'S A SIMP'S CUP OF TEA.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by adesupo61060: 11:21am On Dec 07, 2020
His family,,, His decisions
Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by JovialJune(f): 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2020
Mynd44:

You? Give up the joy and thrill of banning monikers at will? Iffa hear undecided

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by JovialJune(f): 12:16pm On Dec 07, 2020
Martinez39s:
I am not against her career improvement, but focus on your purpose and career and don't forfeit or put them on hold for any woman. Never depend financially on a woman, or let your wife be the breadwinner while sit at home "enjoying" yourself. All these in order to avoid stories that touch the heart. Women and men are not wired the same when it comes to this love stuff; men love ideally, women don't love and are opportunistic. Don't kid yourself.

We can agree to disagree. Have a nice day. wink

But I don't see a problem here, the man is the CEO of a large fashion industry, as in even as he has resigned, he is still making money probably through pension, benefits and investments, so I don't see him becoming poor for a very long time, he prioritized himself and work for a long time, and has decided to help his wife grow her business, I see nothing wrong in that, instead, his wife will appreciate his sacrifice and be very loyal to him forever,

I don't know why you Nl guys like to see everything negative in women, comes from a damaged mindset.

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by bukatyne(f): 8:04pm On Dec 07, 2020
MiVida:

Oshe!

He 'looks' soft doesn't mean he is soft.

To build a billion euro enterprise is not moimoi.

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by bukatyne(f): 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2020
@Topic:

Their family, their decision .

I am sure hubby would not be unproductive though.

Perhaps a new phase in life, perhaps it is the wife's watch now.

Afterall, for 11 years, the wife was supporting him. (Inferred from the husband's statement).

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by MiVida(m): 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2020
bukatyne:

Oshe!

He 'looks' soft doesn't mean he is soft.

To build a billion euro enterprise is not moimoi.
who's arguing over that?
Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by Martinez39s(m): 9:04pm On Dec 07, 2020
JovialJune:

But I don't see a problem here, the man is the CEO of a large fashion industry, as in even as he has resigned, he is still making money probably through pension, benefits and investments, so I don't see him becoming poor for a very long time, he prioritized himself and work for a long time, and has decided to help his wife grow her business, I see nothing wrong in that, instead, his wife will appreciate his sacrifice and be very loyal to him forever,

I don't know why you Nl guys like to see everything negative in women, comes from a damaged mindset.
I was referring to Myñd44.
Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by OlawaleBammie: 9:19pm On Dec 07, 2020
God pls in this my life, i mean this life of mine that am enjoying curently(cus am not sure if i wil agree to come to this world the second tym, am not Jesus)

Father pls dont let me be mumu, Baba jowo maje ki n ya didirin. God forbid i become a dundil. grin

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by Houseofglam7(f): 12:28am On Dec 08, 2020
Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 08, 2020
MiVida:

Dude Zalando no be small company he has share and stocks, working or not he's making money o. This is not house husband. Also this RP thing is getting out of hand. If she leaves him, she'd have to find another CEO , which is highly unlikely.

Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by bukatyne(f): 10:17am On Dec 08, 2020
pcguru1:

Dude Zalando no be small company he has share and stocks, working or not he's making money o. This is not house husband. Also this RP thing is getting out of hand. If she leaves him, she'd have to find another CEO , which is highly unlikely.

@bold: Hahahahahahahaha.

Someone see CEO of a billion euro company say na pushover.
Re: CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 08, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold: Hahahahahahahaha.

Someone see CEO of a billion euro company say na pushover.

Lol I applied to the company, didn't work out, no be small company. Internet has blurred reality from imagination. Everybody na Internet OG.

Please I Need Some Help Family / 2 Step Galvanized Oven & popcorn machines Available (pictures) / How Can I Deal With This?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50