Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Police Avert Car Bomb 'carnage' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Avert Car Bomb 'carnage' (863 Views)

How Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano Today / Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano / Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Avert Car Bomb 'carnage' by Mamajama(m): 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2007
A car bomb planted in central London would have caused "carnage" if it had exploded, police sources have said.
A controlled explosion was carried out on the car, packed with 60 litres of petrol, gas cylinders and nails, in Haymarket, near Piccadilly Circus.

An ambulance crew saw smoke coming from the green metallic Mercedes, near the Tiger Tiger nightclub at 0130 BST.

Later part of London's Park Lane was closed to traffic after reports of a suspicious vehicle.

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said that Park Lane was closed at Marble Arch to Hyde Park Corner and a 200m cordon put in place.

It would also affect part of Oxford Street and people were being asked to leave the street but were not initially being evacuated from buildings in the area, said the spokeswoman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6252276.stm
Re: Police Avert Car Bomb 'carnage' by BigB11(m): 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2007
@Mamajama:
How was your vacation? I hope you had time to relax.

Welcome back.
Re: Police Avert Car Bomb 'carnage' by Mamajama(m): 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2007
ha ha wao unbelievable my best friend happen to be the 1st person to welcome me back, no qualms my man.

(1) (Reply)

Should Fayose Be Arrested? / Does Africa's Rep Rest On South Africa's Success? / Is This The True State Of South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.