Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Building A PC Vs Buying A Laptop - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Building A PC Vs Buying A Laptop (345 Views)

Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV / My Experience Buying A Used TV / I need a laptop repair store in Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A PC Vs Buying A Laptop by dauntless15(m): 1:12pm On Dec 07, 2020
I wanted a gaming laptop for two reasons, power issues & portability because I am always on the move, but the way sellers inflate price these days is alarming, they blame exchange rate for it & I feel it's a load of crap but I am not ready to argue that right now. grin this has forced me to explore other options, & now I am considering building a PC, it's way cheaper & I can upgrade anytime, the only downside is power & of course inability to carry it around, I need inputs and advise and pointers on where to get cheap PC components, thank you.
Re: Building A PC Vs Buying A Laptop by dauntless15(m): 2:06pm On Dec 07, 2020
Re: Building A PC Vs Buying A Laptop by meobizy(f): 3:08pm On Dec 07, 2020
Build one and buy a huge UPS to power it. Desktop computers with the same specs are more powerful than laptop counterparts due to better cooling. At age 17 I would choose this plan of action. Tinkering with desktops was a skill borne out of necessity. At almost 40 I chose to buy a laptop because of portability only.
Re: Building A PC Vs Buying A Laptop by dauntless15(m): 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2020
meobizy:
Build one and buy a huge UPS to power it. Desktop computers with the same specs are more powerful than laptop counterparts due to better cooling. At age 17 I would choose this plan of action. Tinkering with desktops was a skill borne out of necessity. At almost 40 I chose to buy a laptop because of portability only.
do you know where I can get parts, amazon seems too expensive and slow.
Re: Building A PC Vs Buying A Laptop by dauntless15(m): 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2020
Re: Building A PC Vs Buying A Laptop by ntyce(m): 9:36am On Dec 12, 2020
dauntless15:
do you know where I can get parts, amazon seems too expensive and slow.

Let me know if you've found a solution...

I'm also interested in building a gaming PC
Re: Building A PC Vs Buying A Laptop by dauntless15(m): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2020
ntyce:

Let me know if you've found a solution...

I'm also interested in building a gaming PC
No one replied, I have decided to do the fact finding myself.
Re: Building A PC Vs Buying A Laptop by ntyce(m): 10:34am On Dec 12, 2020
dauntless15:
No one replied, I have decided to do the fact finding myself.

Alright, kindly share your outcome when you've found.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Building A PC Vs Buying A Laptop by dauntless15(m): 3:09pm On Dec 12, 2020
ntyce:

Alright, kindly share your outcome when you've found.

Thanks
I heard amazon is the way to go.

(1) (Reply)

Mint Used Dell Inspiron 5378 2in1 Touchscreen Laptop / TECNO Spark And Spark 5 Pro: Still Worth Buying In 2021? / 5 Burners Table Top Cooker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.