Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV (7503 Views)

How I Ended Up Buying A Fake Lg TV. Or Did I? / My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) / My Experience Buying A Used TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Jombojombo(m): 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2020
Good evening dear Nairalanders.

As we all know, our electronic market is full of China made TV set, which many people say are fake LG TV. These TV sets are gaining ground obviously because of their cheap prices.

Right now, I'm in a position to buy an LG TV 32". As a result of the bad Economic situation, I'm being tempted to buy the China made LG TV in order to save cost.

Pls I need your experience with the so called fake LG TV. Honest response will be appreciated.

Tokunbo marketers pls stay clear of this thread. Thank you.

Lalasticlala I need your help

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Oluwabusobomi(f): 8:09pm On Jul 18, 2020
symbianDON wrote:

I recently bought a fake 32" LG TV. I knew it was fake but went ahead to buy because I was getting it dirt cheap. I bought from someone who had only used it for 3 weeks for N25k! he actually didn't know it was fake when he bought it for N55k so I leveraged on that to get a real bargain. so how do you know a fake LG TV? firstly if you look very closely at the carton in which it is packed, careful observation will reveal that the LG written on it is a different hue from the other writings on the carton because it was painted on it as an after job! this also applies to the LG written on the tv and the remote controller. again if you see made in china on the TV, it's fake! LG TVs are made in Korea! when the TV is switched on, if you're familiar with LG TVs, you will notice a very different UI from what you are used to and remote controllers of genuine LG TVs will not operate fake LG TVs and vice versa. lastly, fake LG TVs feel much lighter than the genuine ones in weight. Hope this helps.
from my personal experience, however, I don't regret my purchase because the picture quality of the TV compares very well with my other genuine LGs (one is a 3D smart tv). the sound quality is excellent for a TV and it plays most video format

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Jombojombo(m): 8:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
Oluwabusobomi:
symbianDON wrote:

I recently bought a fake 32" LG TV. I knew it was fake but went ahead to buy because I was getting it dirt cheap. I bought from someone who had only used it for 3 weeks for N25k! he actually didn't know it was fake when he bought it for N55k so I leveraged on that to get a real bargain. so how do you know a fake LG TV? firstly if you look very closely at the carton in which it is packed, careful observation will reveal that the LG written on it is a different hue from the other writings on the carton because it was painted on it as an after job! this also applies to the LG written on the tv and the remote controller. again if you see made in china on the TV, it's fake! LG TVs are made in Korea! when the TV is switched on, if you're familiar with LG TVs, you will notice a very different UI from what you are used to and remote controllers of genuine LG TVs will not operate fake LG TVs and vice versa. lastly, fake LG TVs feel much lighter than the genuine ones in weight. Hope this helps.
from my personal experience, however, I don't regret my purchase because the picture quality of the TV compares very well with my other genuine LGs (one is a 3D smart tv). the sound quality is excellent for a TV and it plays most video format

Thanks for sharing...I appreciate this
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by NgeneUkwuneee: 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
If u have the means, go for original but if not go for the so called fake. Many actually lasts.

Avoid Nairaland Tokunbo marketers

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by scrolldown88: 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
NgeneUkwuneee:
If u have the means, go for original but if not go for the so called fake. Many actually lasts.

Avoid Nlairaland Tokunbo marketers

Why
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2020
I was running away from LG and Samsung TV because lot of fakes in the market..saw one Xiaomi Tv on Jumia. Finally, made up my mind to buy the Xiaomi TVs because of the 5 star ratings and I also did some research about Mi TVs. It was good from reviews

On the delivery day, I saw an LG serial number on the fake Xiaomi TV carton (pack). I wanted rejecting it starighht up but something else told me to check it out first. Took it home, noticed the remote control was a fake LG TV's remote with MI inscribed on it.

Connected my decoder and was surprised at the sweet HD picture quality. Next day, I got a mail to review the fake Xiaomi logo Tv that is a fake LG TV, then logged on to Jumia to see a pop up for a review...I gave them a star grin and made some comment about the TV. It's been months now and I still get the pop ups for probably a 5 star rating. And the earlier ratings that I made ain't showing.

Enjoying the fake TV... nothing lasts forever.

I don't know how Jumia and seller's operate but I know Jumia is part of this fraud..I mean why allow people sell fake products.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Jombojombo(m): 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
iyke926:
I was running away from LG and Samsung TV because lot of fakes in the market..saw one Xiaomi Tv on Jumia. Finally, made up my mind to buy the Xiaomi TVs because of the 5 star ratings and I also did some research about Mi TVs. It was good from reviews

On the delivery day, I saw an LG serial number on the fake Xiaomi TV carton (pack). I wanted rejecting it starighht up but something else told me to check it out first. Took it home, noticed the remote control was a fake LG TV's remote with MI inscribed on it.

Connected my decoder and was surprised at the sweet HD picture quality. Next day, I got a mail to review the fake Xiaomi logoed fake TV, then logged on to Jumia to see a pop up for a review...I gave them a star grin and made some real comment about the TV, just like I did here. It's been months now and I still get the pop ups for probably a 5 star rating. I no fit.

Enjoying the TV... nothing lasts forever.

Interesting...so one can get a good quality from the so called fake TVs. Thank u for this

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by NgeneUkwuneee: 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2020
scrolldown88:

Why
They always have a way of telling u that it's better to buy their Tokunbo without any warranty nor guarantee. Whereas u can get the fake new TV from a reputable dealer and still get ur two years guarantee. So which is better?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by LudaChriz(m): 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2020
I'm learning here.

Lalasticlala abeg we need a wider view on this topic

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2020
Jombojombo:

Interesting...so one can get a good quality from the so called fake TVs. Thank u for this
If you want to buy a TV, go for Sony, TCL or probably Hisense. If you have a real LG or Samsung stores where you reside, walk in and buy one either LG or Samsung TV

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by edrys(m): 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
I smell front-page.
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by chibatov(m): 10:32pm On Jul 18, 2020
edrys:
I smell front-page.
me too
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by OCTAVO: 10:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Promxy94(m): 10:45pm On Jul 18, 2020
If you want to buy a new TV and can't afford LG, Sony or Samsung.
Then think of Hisense, skyrun, scanfrost, bruhm, polystar, Tlc, and even royal.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by PinkStarsFallIn: 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2020
iyke926:

Connected my decoder and was surprised at the sweet HD picture quality. Next day, I got a mail to review the fake Xiaomi logo Tv that is a fake LG TV, then logged on to Jumia to see a pop up for a review...I gave them a star grin and made some real comment about the TV. It's been months now and I still get the pop ups for probably a 5 star rating. And the earlier ratings that I made ain't showing.

Enjoying the fake TV... nothing lasts forever.

I don't know how Jumia and seller's operate but I know Jumia is part of this fraud..I mean why allow people sell fake products.
How much is it bro. Im bout buying a TV now n im just weary
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by PinkStarsFallIn: 11:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
Promxy94:
If you want to buy a new TV and can't afford LG, Sony or Samsung.
Then think of Hisense, skyrun, scanfrost, bruhm, polystar, Tlc, and even royal.
Whats the cheapesr for a 32inch on any of this brands

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Autogduru411: 11:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
You say Tokunboh markers should stay clear, I'm not a Tokunboh marker but you'll hardly find these type of fake products in the tokunboh market, not that they don't have fake but what mostly comes into this country via the tokunboh market is very high European, American or Japanese standard.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Promxy94(m): 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2020
PinkStarsFallIn:

Whats the cheapesr for a 32inch on any of this brands

I think bruhm or skyrun.

I have used hisense, polystar, bruhm and skyrun too
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by PinkStarsFallIn: 11:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
Promxy94:

I think bruhm or skyrun.

I have used hisense, polystar, bruhm and skyrun too
Ok. Pls dnt be offended. Whats d price range for a 32' and where can one get em
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Promxy94(m): 11:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
PinkStarsFallIn:

Ok. Pls dnt be offended. Whats d price range for a 32' and where can one get em
Let's say budget from 35-55k

And you can check jumia or visit any electronic stores near you.
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 19, 2020
PinkStarsFallIn:

How much is it bro. Im bout buying a TV now n im just weary
I think it was 38 or 39k
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by scrolldown88: 1:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
NgeneUkwuneee:

They always have a way of telling u that it's better to buy their Tokunbo without any warranty nor guarantee. Whereas u can get the fake new TV from a reputable dealer and still get ur two years guarantee. So which is better?

Do they sell fake or original?
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by pointstores(m): 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nawa
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by dxdiag(m): 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
Here to gather experience
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by shrewdmuse: 7:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
Buying a Tv in Nigeria requires due diligence, about 2 years ago I was looking for a good FHD Tv.

I checked the prices on Fouani website and noticed they were higher than the same model sold on Jumia.

I decided to go online and research how to identify a fake LG from a real one. It paid off, went on Jumia ordered an LG Tv with the pay on delivery and pick up station option.

Lo and behold it was a packaged fake LG Tv. I simply added the extra cash went to Fouani showroom and bought my new Tv there.

It totally paid off, been enjoying the Tv to date without any single issue.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by tivta(m): 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
New fake is better than original used. Why? Cause you can never vouch for how the original owner of the original product handled it before selling, plus like someone said here most of these new "fakes" have warranty unlike the used original product...

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Jombojombo(m): 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
shrewdmuse:
Buying a Tv in Nigeria requires due diligence, about 2 years ago I was looking for a good FHD Tv.

I checked the prices on Fouani website and noticed they were higher than the same model sold on Jumia.

I decided to go online and research how to identify a fake LG from a real one. It paid off, went on Jumia ordered an LG Tv with the pay on delivery and pick up station option.

Lo and behold it was a packaged fake LG Tv. I simply added the extra cash went to Fouani showroom and bought my new Tv there.

It totally paid off, been enjoying the Tv to date without any single issue.

So u didn't collect the one from Jumia?
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by shrewdmuse: 10:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
Jombojombo:

So u didn't collect the one from Jumia?

No, I did not. Informed the customer service representative the LG TV was not original, she did not complain.

The TV was from a seller on Jumia, so she said they would look into it.

The price difference from the unit at the Fouani showroom was about 20k.

I figured it would be a better option in the long term so I added the extra cash and went for it.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by amstamon: 6:20am On Jul 20, 2020
Autogduru411:
You say Tokunboh markers should stay clear, I'm not a Tokunboh marker but you'll hardly find these type of fake products in the tokunboh market, not that they don't have fake but what mostly comes into this country via the tokunboh market is very high European, American or Japanese standard.
oga most of them came with fault that had been repaired. and mostly possible to still generate same fault sooner or later. still has a packed up TV at home, selling as scrap soon

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by okikiosibodu(m): 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
Wow. Educative

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Jombojombo(m): 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2020

Based on the advices given here, I later got a China made 32" HD LED LG TV (fake LG TV if I may say grin) and I must confess, the picture quality and the sound is wow. Very sharp. Got it 40k. The least I got of the so called original LG of the same spec is 66k. At least make I use the remaining 26k hold body for this Coro period cheesy cheesy

God bless you all for ur advice. I'm currently enjoying my TV, u can join me tongue tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Jombojombo(m): 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
I just checked online now and an online outlet puts this TV for 62k Chaiii.... ignorance is a disease. Am sure people will buy this at this price thinking they bought original LG TV.

This is exactly the same with mine that I just bought 40k.

The model number 32LK50 is for clone LG TV which is the same as the one below and the one I bought

Nigerians shine ur eyes with online marketers

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get In Here For Your Cool Deals On Offerup! / Playstation 3 for sale / Share A Coke With . . ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.