Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London (94462 Views)

Anthony Joshua Knocks Kubrat Pulev Out In The 9th Round / Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 / Kubrat Pulev Suspended After Kissing A Female Reporter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2020
KNIGHTBlaed:

I am pretty much confident. Pulev is 39 and is the challenger. You do not become champion overnight. AJ has defeated better fighters. Pulev is only contender because he defeated a washed up Derrick Chisora. Who doesn't beat Chisora these days?

The only problem here is Pulev's age.

Otherwise, he is a worthy contender. Very experienced, and a good fighter. His chin is suspect, though.

If AJ is not careful, Pulev will school him and beat him up.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by AFONJACOW(m): 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2020
KNIGHTBlaed:

Wilder has confessed himself that he rejected an offer from AJ for a fight, just so that he will fight Fury, and now Fury is avoiding Wilder himself. So AJ never avoided Wilder, Wilder did the ducking.

Just watch how Fury will duck AJ after tonight's AJ's win
he's afraid to fight him on neutral ground the buff buff is afraid of mob beating after losing to Wilder
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2020
Openbusiness:
Pulev is the only thing standing in the way of the biggest fight of the decade AJ vs Fury. May Pulev give him sef brain and juz lose, cuz Fury and AJ must fight 2021 angry

AJ vs Fury is not likely to happen that soon.

There is still the possibility of a fight with Usyk, a rematch with Whyte, and many more.

Fury has the possibility of a second rematch with Wilder.

I doubt if AJ-Fury fight will happen next year.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by leesamyoung(m): 9:26pm On Dec 12, 2020
leesamyoung:
anyone with link to stream the match
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:27pm On Dec 12, 2020
KNIGHTBlaed:

Wilder has confessed himself that he rejected an offer from AJ for a fight, just so that he will fight Fury, and now Fury is avoiding Wilder himself. So AJ never avoided Wilder, Wilder did the ducking.

Just watch how Fury will duck AJ after tonight's AJ's win

Fury did not avoid Wilder.

He has convincingly beaten Wilder two times. He has nothing else to prove as far as fighting Wilder is concerned.

As for the fight with AJ, both men will fight mandos to be ready for each other.

It is not a fight that will be organized in a rush.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Openbusiness: 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

AJ vs Fury is not likely to happen that soon.

There is still the possibility of a fight with Usyk, a rematch with Whyte, and many more.

Fury has the possibility of a second rematch with Wilder.

I doubt if AJ-Fury fight will happen next year.
AJ and Fury have already agreed to fight each other, guaranteed 2021, if AJ wins Pulev. But if AJ loses, he has a rematch clause with Pulev, so then Fury will either face someone else, or give Wilder the 3 rematch he has been crying for. It's because of AJ that Fury is not taking the Wilder rematch for now. Both of them want to fight themselves, both their promotions have agreed already, and even the WBC and other boxing bodies are willing to bend the rules as per mandatory requirements to make it happen, because it will BOOM the Heavyweight division. And they are fighting in England. Biggest heavyweight bout in British history between the 2 most accomplished heavyweight British boxers, so even the British govt wants the fight to happen badly.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2020
Openbusiness:
AJ and Fury have already agreed to fight each other, guaranteed 2021, if AJ wins Pulev. But if AJ loses, he has a rematch clause with Pulev, so then Fury will either face someone else, or give Wilder the 3 rematch he has been crying for. It's because of AJ that Fury is not taking the Wilder rematch for now. Both of them want to fight themselves, both their promotions have agreed already, and even the WBC and other boxing bodies are willing to bend the rules as per mandatory requirements to make it happen, because it will BOOM the Heavyweight division. And they are fighting in England. Biggest heavyweight bout in British history between the 2 most accomplished heavyweight British boxers, so even the British govt wants the fight to happen badly.

They didn't make such agreement.

Mark my words.

It is very unlikely that they would fight in 2021, irrespective of the outcome of AJ-Pulev.

Usyk and Joe Joyce are likely to fight early next year. If Usyk is still the same Usyk that I know before he moved up weights, then he is very much likely to be Joshua's only big fight next year.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Solavic2020(m): 9:41pm On Dec 12, 2020
How do i watch this match on my android phone.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Fury did not avoid Wilder.

He has convincingly beaten Wilder two times. He has nothing else to prove as far as fighting Wilder is concerned.

As for the fight with AJ, both men will fight mandos to be ready for each other.

It is not a fight that will be organized in a rush.

There is a third fight clause in the contract. So then why is Wilder sueing (sic) Fury if there is no clause for a third fight.
You see, no be today Fury start this game. He did the same with Klitchko when he first won Klitchko. He refused to accept the rematch, despite the rematch being in the contract. Wilder is ready to fight Fury, but Fury is not who you think is he, he will keep ducking and will fight only bums. Thing is that he has a mandatory challenger who is Povektin for now, unless Whyte beats Povektin. AJ vs Fury will not work for now, unless AJ will vacate some belts. But for Wilder vs Fury, Fury is playing a game here.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 9:44pm On Dec 12, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Mark my words.

It is very unlikely that they would fight in 2021, irrespective of the outcome of AJ-Pulev.

Usyk and Joe Joyce are likely to fight early next year. If Usyk is still the same Usyk that I know before he moved up weights, then he is very much likely to be Joshua's only big fight next year.

You are too correct. But Usyk vs JJ will only happen if AJ vacates the IBO title. Usyk will definitely fight AJ as he is Mandos for him after this fight. I would have loved to watch Usyk vs JJ though, JJ is too underrated. Just like AJ

But should AJ win this, there is no rematch, it's unto the next one, Pulev will have to work his way back to be contender number 1
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by beauty7: 9:46pm On Dec 12, 2020
UltimateSpice:
It will be fight to finish.

It is not 'Fight to finish'.

The correct thing is:

Fight to the finish.

For instance 'The battle between Nigeria and Biafra shall be a fighting to the finish'

Another example is "If she slaps me again, I shall fight her to the finish"

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2020
The Congo King BAKOLE just won. He's been sparring with AJ. Benefits of sparring with the champ grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2020
KNIGHTBlaed:

There is a third fight clause in the contract. So then why is Wilder sueing (sic) Fury if there is no clause for a third fight.
You see, no be today Fury start this game. He did the same with Klitchko when he first won Klitchko. He refused to accept the rematch, despite the rematch being in the contract. Wilder is ready to fight Fury, but Fury is not who you think is he, he will keep ducking and will fight only bums. Thing is that he has a mandatory challenger who is Povektin for now, unless Whyte beats Povektin. AJ vs Fury will not work for now, unless AJ will vacate some belts. But for Wilder vs Fury, Fury is playing a game here.

But Fury has beaten Wilder two times already. And he did so dominating him both times.

Even though the first fight was officially declared a draw, it was very obvious that Fury beat Wilder convincingly.

I don't think he is ducking Wilder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

But Fury has beaten Wilder two times already. And he did so dominating him both times.

Even though the first fight was officially declared a draw, it was very obvious that Fury beat Wilder convincingly.

I don't think he is ducking Wilder.

As much as we know Fury won the first fight, Please was it announced as a win for him or a draw.
Officially, we have a draw and a win for Fury, the third fight should hold. Fury is not honest. If he was so certain, why is he running away.
Even AJ has said he will give Ruiz a third fight. That's much about honesty.
I love Fury as a fighter, but he is cunning and dishonest.
Imagine him hoping AJ loses this fight
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by adetola77(m): 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2020
Which channel will broadcast it live on gotv?
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Openbusiness: 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Mark my words.

https://www.dazn.com/en-GLOBAL/news/boxing/anthony-joshua-tyson-fury-fight-eddie-hearn/1ikxcphulzw6y16kdb8wmf5koq

They have agreed to fight, both the boxers and promotions. AJ and Fury have even agreed as per money, they're doing it 50 / 50, then both are even ok with taking a pay cut to make the fight happen. Because this fight ain't about money. This fight is about ego, it's about who's the big dog that owns the yard, it's about who has the biggest deek in the square circle. If AJ beats Pulev, he will fight Fury before August 2021. WBC has already given greenlight to wave Fury's mandatory. Wilder's rematch clause has expired, and there's no more contractual obligations for Fury to fight him, so he's now at the complete mercy of Fury. Wilder has even taken Fury to court, but of course he knows it's a lost case. Even his management knows. And that's why he keeps crying and wailing all the time on Twitter and IG begging and insulting Fury to give him the 3rd rematch. Fury won't fight Whyte for now, especially after White lost his last fight against Povetkin, and is even looking for a rematch with Povetkin and Fury already blasted off Whyte that he should come back to challenge him when he has made a name in boxing by himself, instead of getting popular through being one of the bummers AJ knocked out grin. Fury AJ 2021 guaranteed if AJ wins tonight. It's up to AJ now and that's why I believe is the motivation AJ will use to KO Pulev tonight grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2020
KNIGHTBlaed:

You are too correct. But Usyk vs JJ will only happen if AJ vacates the IBO title. Usyk will definitely fight AJ as he is Mandos for him after this fight. I would have loved to watch Usyk vs JJ though, JJ is too underrated. Just like AJ

But should AJ win this, there is no rematch, it's unto the next one, Pulev will have to work his way back to be contender number 1

You are right about the Mando arrangement. I made a slight error on my own part.

Let us see what happens in this fight since a lot is attached to it.

Pulev chances of beating AJ grew slimmer from 2017.

For me, he had the best chance of beating AJ in 2017, and very less chance now, due to his age.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by mullerman: 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2020
Pls can someone update the nigeria time
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by ObongIdeas: 9:58pm On Dec 12, 2020
What time is the bout
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2020
Openbusiness:

https://www.dazn.com/en-GLOBAL/news/boxing/anthony-joshua-tyson-fury-fight-eddie-hearn/1ikxcphulzw6y16kdb8wmf5koq

They have agreed to fight, both the boxers and promotions. AJ and Fury have even agreed as per money, they're doing it 50 / 50, then both are even ok with taking a pay cut to make the fight happen. Because this fight ain't about money. This fight is about ego, it's about who's the big dog that owns the yard, it's about who has the biggest deek in the square circle. If AJ beats Pulev, he will fight Fury before August 2021. WBC has already given greenlight to wave Fury's mandatory. Wilder's rematch clause has expired, and there's no more contractual obligations for Fury to fight him, so he's now at the complete mercy of Fury. Wilder has even taken Fury to court, but of course he knows it's a list case. Even his management knows. And that's why he keeps crying and wailing all the time on Twitter and IG begging and insulting Fury to give him the 3rd rematch. Fury won't fight Whyte for now, especially after White lost his last fight against Povetkin, and is even looking for a rematch with Povetkin and Fury already blasted off Whyte that he should come back to challenge him when he has made a name in boxing by himself, instead of getting popular through being one of the bummers AJ knocked out grin. Fury AJ 2021 guaranteed if AJ wins tonight. It's up to AJ now and that's why I believe is the motivation AJ will use to KO Pulev tonight grin

Many news report put financial agreement in quotes.

Even Hearn says it is safe (in principle) to say they have agreed.

But it is not a sure agreement yet.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2020
KNIGHTBlaed:

As much as we know Fury won the first fight, Please was it announced as a win for him or a draw.
Officially, we have a draw and a win for Fury, the third fight should hold. Fury is not honest. If he was so certain, why is he running away.
Even AJ has said he will give Ruiz a third fight. That's much about honesty.
I love Fury as a fighter, but he is cunning and dishonest.
Imagine him hoping AJ loses this fight

Haha, dishonest ke.

Maybe he is not much of a risk-taker.

But his talent is not in doubt. I think we both agree on that.

And he is a better boxer than AJ, in my opinion.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
Openbusiness:

They have agreed to fight, both the boxers and promotions. AJ and Fury have even agreed as per money, they're doing it 50 / 50, then both are even ok with taking a pay cut to make the fight happen. Because this fight ain't about money. This fight is about ego, it's about who's the big dog that owns the yard, it's about who has the biggest deek in the square circle. If AJ beats Pulev, he will right Fury before August 2021. WBC has already given greenlight to wave Fury's mandatory. Wilder's rematch clause has expired, and there's no more contractual obligations for Fury to fight him, so he's now at the complete mercy of Fury. Wilder has even taken Fury to court, but of course he knows it's a list case. Even his management knows. And that's why he keeps crying and wailing all the time on Twitter and IG begging and insulting Fury to give him the 3rd rematch. Fury won't fight Whyte for now, especially after White lost his last fight against Povetkin, and is even looking for a rematch with Povetkin and Fury already blasted off Whyte that he should come back to challenge him when he has made a name in boxing by himself, instead of getting popular through being one of the bummers AJ knocked out grin. Fury AJ 2021 guaranteed if AJ wins tonight. It's up to AJ now and that's why I believe is the motivation AJ will use to KO Pulev tonight grin

First, the fight is not about anyone's ego, they are fighting to unify the division. It is just an added advantage that they are both British, so it's the biggest fight to be in British boxing history, to have 2 heavy weight English Champs going at it to unify the division. No fighter will fight any other fighter for ego. That was the mistake Wilder made and is regretting it right now. It is about unifying the division and having one undisputed champ. I agree with you that pride comes in, but that is not the main reason for the said fight, it is about unification of the titles.
Wilder had surgery and was hopeful that they settle for a later date, but how would Fury then quickly come out to say the contract has expired. He he has balls, let him take the fight again. I am now believing that Fury is scared of Wilder.
For Whyte, he is mandatory challenger for Fury, he blew that by losing to Povektin, in a fight that he already had in the bag. Once Whyte wins the rematch, he is definitely fighting Fury.
For AJ vs Fury, forget it, na publicity you dey see. There is much more to it than just announcing, they want to unify the division and yet if AJ agrees to the fight next, he has to vacate the IBO title, so what are they unifying?

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Openbusiness: 10:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Many news report put financial agreement in quotes.

Even Hearn says it is safe (in principle) to say they have agreed.

But it is not a sure agreement yet.
It's not a sure agreement because AJ had 2 mandatory fights. They can bend the rules and delay 1 but they cannot delay the 2. That's why AJ must fight Pulev but Usyk will be delayed till after Fury fight if AJ wins tonight. The reason why it is an agreement in principle is because Pulev is standing in the way. So it's like a conditional agreement subject to AJ's victory against Pulev. And Pulev is not an underdog, he is a very strong fighter, same orthodox fighting style with AJ, almost same weight and just about the same height, and same 1 record loss but Pulev has more fights = more experienced. So it is a dicey fight that can go both ways, and that's why AJ / Hearn has intelligently put in a mandatory rematch clause in this fight. Because it is very possible for AJ to lose. We hope not, but it is possible, Pulev is not a push over, and he can go all the way to 12 rounds too.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by udemzyudex(m): 10:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
greggng:

I don't hate Aj. ..don't be too confident ....he is gonna lose

And what makes you feel so confident that his opponent is going to win?
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by lekki1444: 10:08pm On Dec 12, 2020
Higgies:

On what premise did you ask this question ?
kuburatu is ijebu name na shocked
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2020
Openbusiness:
It's not a sure agreement because AJ had 2 mandatory fights. They can bend the rules and delay 1 but they cannot delay the 2. That's why AJ must fight Pulev but Usyk will be delayed till after Fury fight if AJ wins tonight. The reason why it is an agreement in principle is because Pulev is standing in the way. So it's like a conditional agreement subject to AJ's victory against Pulev. And Pulev is not an underdog, he is a very strong fighter, same orthodox fighting style with AJ, almost same weight and just about the same height, and same 1 record loss but Pulev has more fights = more experienced. So it is a dicey fight that can go both ways, and that's why AJ / Hearn has intelligently put in a mandatory rematch clause in this fight. Because it is very possible for AJ to lose. We hope not, but it is possible, Pulev is not a push over, and he can go all the way to 12 rounds too.

They can delay both fights.

Both of them are unranked on the federation that they are not champions.

There are a long list of mandos to fight.

It is the mandos that cannot be delayed except through certain regulation modifications.

But the Joshua-Fury fight can be delayed without any consequences.

In fact, it might end up not happening. But mandos must be fought or the affected belts relinquished.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Matinho: 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2020
Thats the question we should be asking and where to watch it, rather than all the silly and baseless arguments i m seeing.
ObongIdeas:
What time is the bout
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Haha, dishonest ke.

Maybe he is not much of a risk-taker.

But his talent is not in doubt. I think we both agree on that.

And he is a better boxer than AJ, in my opinion.

Fury is dishonest, just try and follow him. Klitchko complained about the same until Fury was banned. He refused the rematch.
Fury is a great fighter, yes, very skillful. But the only person that can match him skill for skill is AJ.

AJ is an Olympic champion, that means he has the basic boxing skills, hit and dont get hit, he can dance and he is a heavy puncher.

Fury might be more skillful as he started boxing earlier than AJ. But I am not placing him to far ahead of AJ. They have sparred before when younger and they both respect each other, don't you think that if Fury messed AJ up in that sparring, he would be singing it now, because he is so loud mouthed. I love Fury but he fall hand ducking Wilder.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by efighter: 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2020
When is the fight starting? Any update?
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2020
Matinho:
Thats the question we should be asking and where to watch it, rather than all the silly and baseless arguments i m seeing.

If you had taken your time to go through the posts, you would have seen the link posted..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Handsome Footballer / Download Video: Lionel Messi – Top 10 Goals For Barcelona / See What Finidi George Looks Like Now (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.