Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,493 members, 7,861,420 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:57 AM

Being Honest With Artist - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Being Honest With Artist (209 Views)

MUSIC: Jorja Smith Ft. Burna Boy – Be Honest / Be Honest! Which Nigerian Celebrity Have You Seen Before In Real Life? / FRESH FM Ibadan's Demolition; My Honest Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being Honest With Artist by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2020
not having a producer that can actually say this song we just finish isnt nice the other one is better, isn't what an artist want to hear

artist hate hearing d truth, no matter how much they tell u other wise.

for example an artist wanted me to score a ep of 4 tracks, he wanted to promote them, but promoting all isnt a bright idea i said, i listen to the songs n told him i like one.

truth is, his vocal not yet strong, he said he is just starting
then i said to him, i like just 1 song out of the four songs

Promote that one or dont rush, get better.
well he hated what i said and his whatapp flooded with enemies dis enemies that. life right.

just like hand work, just because u know the machine d equipment where to sit or stand doesnt mean u should start making things for people instantly , u start with ur self, ur friends close pal let them score u.

but rushing in to make songs, expecially upcoming artist who want their own beat, and yet cant even write a song to a free beat.

they will say, ohhh... if the beat his tailored to my lyrics then it will b dope, yo if u cant write lyrics to a already made beat then u not an artist.

learn to take critics also, learn from it, ur song doesn't have to sound prof to be loved or listened to, listeners can barely tell the difference.

and dont b afraid to tell the producer what u want instead of nodding ur head to all he or she is telling u.

take some advice n give some advice.

2020 sucks yes but u can be better.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Izod Performance @IPC 2020 / Taking Care Lyrics By Moses Bliss / Heavy Rain And Thunder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.