Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce (12537 Views)

Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge / IMAN Special Taskforce Decries Undue Interruption In It's Activities By Elements / Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Myself2(m): 5:02am On Dec 08, 2020
hisgrace090:
This is the making of another monsters.

I tell you

While it's good to have law enforcement agencies to carry out certain tasks, but from experience, Sanwo Olu has just created another monster that will manipulate and exploit unwary Lagos motorists

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Ventura1: 5:14am On Dec 08, 2020
I told one Okada rider that some people sacrifice their lives in the ENDSARS struggle for the little free air they are enjoying and that the struggle was not for them to be lawless.

The enforcement is more than needed.
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by cardoctor(m): 5:15am On Dec 08, 2020
Some people won't get home tonight.
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by OBIPLUS(m): 5:15am On Dec 08, 2020
Oshodi Apapa express way is hell in this regards , they should move there, okada and trucks menace should be stopped
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by femi4: 5:25am On Dec 08, 2020
Always jumping the gun. The mumu should fix major and inner roads and traffic will be bygone

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by drakeskull(m): 5:35am On Dec 08, 2020
I hope they will be up to the task of arresting danfo drivers cos they are the major law breakers while authorities turn a blind eye to them since they bribe their way out

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Niorte: 5:46am On Dec 08, 2020
What happened to LASTMA?

Are they no longer effective?

The LASTMA officers in my area have been initiated and bribed, they are now the chief law breaker of One-way as long as you settle them.

End LASTMA or make them do their work, NOT bringing up another Taskforce.
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:17am On Dec 08, 2020
olaboy33:
Illegal parking

Danfo drivers

Faulty vehicles

Gala hawkers

Narrow roads

These are the causes of unnecessary traffic in Lagos. You'll get to the front and look for what caused the traffic to no avail.

GALA HAWKERS ARE YOU REALLY IN LAGOS

1. LAGOS IS OVER POPULATED

2. THE ROAD NETWORK IS NOT WIDE ENOUGH

3. VISIT ABUJA THEN YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHAT AM SAYING
Sometimes I feel those Gala hawkers deliberately cause traffic to ease their sales.
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Focusmind: 6:17am On Dec 08, 2020
My annoyance is that they hardly arrest those danfo drivers that constitutes these nuisance. They will focus more on private cars.

I am not exonerating private car owners. Law enforcement agents are known to be sympathetic to commercial bus drivers but when the see private cars, they vent their whole anger on you as if you are the cause of their problem.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Kiddllc: 6:19am On Dec 08, 2020
Moving from point A-B is hell in Lagos.. If u no leave house as early as 6:30 AM then just prepare to dey inside dragging hold up. One way is now normal n even service lanes aren't left out. Its so messed up

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by freeeeme(m): 6:21am On Dec 08, 2020
OneTemplate:

Motorists plying one-way the wrong way are a menace in Lagos. Their irresponsible and thoughtless actions endangers the lives of many Lagosians daily. This drive is a very welcomed development that is long overdue in my opinion
Motorist plying one way is not the cause of Lagos traffic. Lagos State Govt be the reason for traffic. Why have dey not construct a parking space at Ajah. The construction is at 90% completion and it was abandoned. Every evening you spend at least 1 hour in the traffic. Hmnn, maybe traffic is even a source of revenue for the govt. Maybe!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by chukel(m): 6:21am On Dec 08, 2020
OldSinister:

The road works are the reason for unprecedented increase in one-way driving. All the trunk roads are under serious construction e.g. Ikorodu road surface is being changed to concrete, 3MB is partially closed, Agege is being built up even while half of Abeokuta expressway is closed to citizens for reasons best known to the LASG. Lagos-Ibadan between Berger & Sagamu interchange is under major construction for about five years running now.

Some of the non-essential projects (like the concrete thing) should've been staggered for purpose of convenience but no, contracts must be quickly awarded and kickbacks eaten. There is no reason also why yellow buses shouldn't use the BRT which remains empty all day while citizens sit gridlocked and sweating in the considerably narrowed half remaining.

Nigeria's leaders are a bunch of greedy imbèciles.
i quite disagree with some of your submissions. Nigerians are grossly indisciplined and irresponsible. If we all obey traffic rules and regulations either voluntarily or by compulsion, you will see those gridlocks disappear. They are always there cos some irresponsible citizens will just flout the regulation and obstruct free flow of traffic. Even where construction is going on, no matter how slow, traffic will move if obeyed. There should be no justificatiin for disregard of traffic. Traffic offenders should be taken for pyschiatric evaluation.
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Roushy(m): 6:22am On Dec 08, 2020
olaboy33:
Illegal parking

Danfo drivers

Faulty vehicles

Gala hawkers

Narrow roads

These are the causes of unnecessary traffic in Lagos. You'll get to the front and look for what caused the traffic to no avail.

Sometimes I feel those Gala hawkers deliberately cause traffic to ease their sales.

Narrow road is particularly true for dopemu under bridge to ikeja Along.. Bad road construction by the government has caused problem for that route.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by swimnigeria(m): 6:27am On Dec 08, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Follow the rules and regulations. You will thank me later...

CONNECT 3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE THROUGH YABA ADEKUNLE AND FORFEIT YOUR CAR

This is my personal experience yesterday. The link between Yaba and the Bridge is closed for now, but you will see a LASTMA officer or a Policeman or some tout directing you to an alternative route, if you follow, you will later be arrested for ONE WAY. And the Executive Order for now is forfeiture.
I was arrested yesterday and have been in their office since yesterday. About 50 Cars have been arrested and brought to their office at Oshodi. They want to forfeit the Cars and auction them as they did last week.
I was favoured today after calling everyone I know in Lagos and to no avail, to be fined N200,000.
Please and please, avoid ONE WAY, anywhere in Lagos now. They are on Revenue Drive o. It's well.

From someone in My Alumni group

This is no lie bro.... I am also a victim and it is really a horrible experience for me. As I type now, my car is still there for the past 3 weeks and I risked forfeiting my car by the state government with a well furnished explanation on why I passed one-way.

Magistrate fined me 200k and the process to even get the fine receipt to go make payment and receive my car is another tedious one.

Please folks, avoid one-way in Lagos at all cost b cause I wouldn't have spent these 3 weeks going to Lastma office and court if I had stayed in the traffic.

But we move.... grin
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by hakeem4(m): 6:28am On Dec 08, 2020
This is a great news. Yesterday I noticed the task force people carrying a lot of okada in their van along Allen
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Kiddllc: 6:39am On Dec 08, 2020
freeeeme:
Motorist plying one way is not the cause of Lagos traffic. Lagos State Govt be the reason for traffic. Why have dey not construct a parking space at Ajah. The construction is at 90% completion and it was abandoned. Every evening you spend at least 1 hour in the traffic. Hmnn, maybe traffic is even a source of revenue for the govt. Maybe!

From Lekki - Ajah pass one hour sef.. very frustrating n when somebody is always frustrated progress is slow. This place just dey be like setup to hold person back but thank God say Him pass them

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by tamdun: 6:41am On Dec 08, 2020
HopeRisingmatte:
The country is already so hard and yet the Government does this? What happened to cautioning and things like that?
So the govt should allow anarchy because the country is hard?
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by slimthugchimee2(m): 6:56am On Dec 08, 2020
Excuzeme:

Have you not read about Policemen LURING Drivers into a one way System, while another set of Policemen lay ANBUSH for them further down the Road?
You are not sure whether a Road is one way and you ask a Policeman, he tells you it is not and motions you to proceed, then signals his mates down the Road to impound your Vehicle and they Auction it among themselves.
Is that 'law enforcement' or Criminality in Uniform?

I am totally against One-way drivers but it is not the job of Govt officials to deliberately lure people into committing such offense.

This thing you type does it make any sense to you?
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by colestephan86: 6:58am On Dec 08, 2020
uptimum123:
LAGOS MOVES AGAINST ONE-WAY DRIVING, UNLEASHES SPECIAL TASKFORCE

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1336007143238082570
You don't question the severity of a law if you are law abiding.
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by ossaisly(m): 7:05am On Dec 08, 2020
gala seller? g[quote author=olaboy33 post=96836741]Illegal parking
Danfo drivers
Faulty vehicles
Gala hawkers
Narrow roads
These are the causes of unnecessary traffic in Lagos. You'll get to the front and look for what caused the traffic to no avail
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by ShoeShineGuy: 7:06am On Dec 08, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Please where is Lagos?

Asking for a friend in Ibadan.

And where's Ibadan please? Asking for a friend in Gidi.
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 08, 2020
chukel:
i quite disagree with some of your submissions. Nigerians are grossly indisciplined and irresponsible. If we all obey traffic rules and regulations either voluntarily or by compulsion, you will see those gridlocks disappear. They are always there cos some irresponsible citizens will just flout the regulation and obstruct free flow of traffic. Even where construction is going on, no matter how slow, traffic will move if obeyed. There should be no justificatiin for disregard of traffic. Traffic offenders should be taken for pyschiatric evaluation.

Yeah indiscipline is also the reason why half of federal roads in Lagos are sequestered for the exclusive use of a privately held commercial enterprise, and still the so-called BRT lanes remain empty because the concessionaire lacks financial heft to put buses in play while thousands of people are trapped inside traffic on the significantly narrowed lanes left over

When people are treated unfairly they know and they respond by showing you their animal character too. Nigeria is a jungle, period.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 08, 2020
Focusmind:
My annoyance is that they hardly arrest those danfo drivers that constitutes these nuisance. They will focus more...

They're not sympathetic to commercial vehicles.

It's just that private vehicle drivers are the ones likeliest to pay, and they pay huge sums unlike danfo drivers who just strip themselves naked.
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 08, 2020
colestephan86:

You don't question the severity of a law if you are law abiding.

You will understand why people are complaining by they time a police or Lastma officer directs you to take a "regular" route and another set of officers in front arrest you for taking one-way.
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by cardoctor(m): 8:17am On Dec 08, 2020
Egunje project. Xmas don near.
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 08, 2020
LET ALL THE ROADS BE MOTORABLE LIKE FROM GBAGADA TO OSHODI , ONE WAY WILL DIE A NATURAL DEATH
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by jpassion987: 8:40am On Dec 08, 2020
They should come down to Oshodi-Apapa Expressway where lawlessness is the order of the day
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Perfectbeing(m): 8:43am On Dec 08, 2020
Paragon311:
LASGVT and their every Avenue ideology of generating resources.

It is well.
I'm very sure that those that obey the traffic rules won't be part of the revenue generators
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 08, 2020
Shoodboi:

You will understand why people are complaining by they time a police or Lastma officer directs you to take a "regular" route and another set of officers in front arrest you for taking one-way.

Nigerian civil servants & politicians usually are like "Hold still let me cheat you now, why won't you be docile and well-behaved enough for me to be able to cheat you properly?"

tongue tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by amc: 9:38am On Dec 08, 2020
OldSinister:

Yeah indiscipline is also the reason why half of federal roads in Lagos are sequestered for the exclusive use of a privately held commercial enterprise, and still the so-called BRT lanes remain empty because the concessionaire lacks financial heft to put buses in play while thousands of people are trapped inside traffic on the significantly narrowed lanes left over

When people are treated unfairly they know and they respond by showing you their animal character too. Nigeria is a jungle, period.

Have you just arrived back from the moon that you missed the incident of BRT buses that were burnt down just over a month ago?
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by colestephan86: 9:47am On Dec 08, 2020
Shoodboi:

Trash

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10th NASS: Respect Tinubu’s Decision, Wike Begs Aggrieved Aspirants / Coming From A Jonathan Fan In Imo State.. You Wont Believe This! / What You Should Know About Valued Added Tax: Paying As You Consume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.