Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state (66532 Views)

BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] / Nembe, Bonny, Bille Jetties in PH, ; An Embarrassing Eyesore. Pictures. / Bonny Island? What Is It Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 01, 2012
All we need now is for Rivers state government to quickly finish the Port Harcourt Bonny road so people can start tripping to Bonny beach like peeps do in Lagos. Bonny then would be the Lekki of Rivers State.

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 01, 2012
bigfrancis21:

That is not right. Many opobo and bonny indigenes descended from the numerous igbo slaves that would have been sold into slave trade, that later settled there. That accounts for the dominancy of the igbo language there. Without doubt, yes you do have ijaw blood but then denying your igbo heritage just because igbo denial is common in rivers state is another thing entirely. It would be better to state that both places are mixed. And your Igbo dialect which all of you speak is 'not just a language of communication', its very much alive within you guys, and most of you esp in opobo dont even speak the ibani again. Why not use ibani instead? The only native language your parents know how to speak is igbo and nothing else, and yet its denigrated to a status of 'just for communication?' Many opobo people have been asked why they dont speak ibani and their reply is always in igbo 'nne m ezi m, nna m ezi m' (my mother didnt teach me, my father didnt teach me). Its always good to speak the truth.

Look ! Blacks, Indians, Chinese and even Germans who are citizens of Britain all claim English. So I beg make una leave this Igbo and not Igbo thing. Bonny and Opobo are Ijaw towns and yes we have Igbos among us. I also have Igbo heritage but I am Ijaw . Just appreciate the beauty of the place and when the time comes please go and enjoy your self too in Bonny and also invest in Bonny.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by ROYALD(m): 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by Ikwerreboy(m): 2:14am On Jul 20, 2014
Fhemmmy: I never knew we have something this great buried or hidden away in Nigeria . . . This is just awesome.

Are people allowed to buy lands and just build their own homes there, how is electricity here?
What would be the cost of buying lands around here. . . . I just love it

Igbo man. u no go stay 4 ur state tah.
Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by Fhemmmy: 4:42am On Jul 20, 2014
Ikwerreboy:

I am a Nigerian, regardless of what state I originated from
Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by ROYALD(m): 4:47am On Jul 22, 2014
Ikwerreboy:

Ethnicity is often assumed to be the cultural identity of a group, often based on language and tradition, so if you pay more attention to interview of the king on that video you will understand that they have never denied of being Igbo.

so which one is your business here?
Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by ijawgirl: 8:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by enceehr: 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hello all,
I'm plannin a small retreat for my company and I need somewhere really cool for learning and tour .
Does the bonny nature park have rooms where we can stay or are there other cool options on bonny island?

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by enceehr: 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
ijawgirl:
theres a good, affordable hotel called Elizabeth suites

Elizabeth Suites Abalamabie Road Bonny

Please do u have any phone numbers or e-mails of the hotel; for enquiries?
Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
When is the Nwaotam festival? Is it held December or middle of the month?
Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by onojemma: 2:27pm On Jan 13, 2015
Chiwude:
When is the Nwaotam festival? Is it held December or middle of the month?
Is Bonny island in Rivers or Bayelsa?
Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by bigfrancis21: 3:21pm On Jan 13, 2015
onojemma:

Is Bonny island in Rivers or Bayelsa?

Rivers state.
Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by aberyomi09(m): 9:58pm On Jan 13, 2015
ma gf n I wanna plan bout 5 days trip to Bonny Island, moving from Ibadan, what could be the total expenses n cost of any cheap hotel n possibly any travel guard....
Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by ololo30: 2:23am On May 24, 2015
ijawgirl:
The true island of rivers state
all our aquatic life is dead
Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by ololo12: 12:22pm On May 25, 2015
How did you come about your moniker? I thought I was the only person who had this moniker.

ololo30:
all our aquatic life is dead
Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by paneex(m): 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2016
Waoh dats one of the Best Island in the World, I would need to have a vacation there.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state by damasius25: 12:52pm On Jan 12, 2018
All, I will be travelling to Bonny Island to work for Exxon Mobil at their Bonny River Terminal and was wondering what phone network has good reception out there for calls and internet of course. Wondering if the likes of smile and spectranet are out there as of now?. Thanks for the help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last / Two Women Vs 3 Muslim Men On A Flight From Turkey To UK (Photos) / The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.