Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? (897 Views)

Hardship: Don’t Join Protest Against Tinubu, Afenifere Begs Yoruba People / All 44 Candidates On Navy Supplementary List Under Buhari Are Northerners - SR / Ojota Protest: Lauretta Onochie Won't Join Protest Against Fuel Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by educhigo: 6:20am On Dec 08, 2020
Why northerners don't join protest in nigeria about bad government and they are most people suffering the hardship in the country especially terrorist killing peoples,i thought that we are one nigeria fighting for better future.
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by helinues: 6:22am On Dec 08, 2020
Cos they are the most beneficiary to this government...

Nothing like poverty or insecurities in the North any longer so why should they stress themselves in protesting..

Protesting what exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by donbachi(m): 6:23am On Dec 08, 2020
They feel like "i no kwansine me".if bad governance is put to an end,they have alot to loose..e.g,check and balance in the quota system.
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by hgnbello(m): 6:28am On Dec 08, 2020
Everyting Abt North Is Diffrent. Imagine A Protest Happening In Kano It Will Turn Bloody. Dats Y Their Leaders Always Try Nt To Allow Anyting Like Protest Happen.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by Moferere: 6:31am On Dec 08, 2020
educhigo:
Why are northerners don't join protest in nigeria about bad government and they are most people suffering the hardship in the country especially terrorist killing peoples,i thought that we are one nigeria fighting for better future.

Obviously, you are also suffering hardship.

Trying to take all other tribes to the cleaners while erosion and poverty are eating deep into your head

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by ULOPVQ: 6:37am On Dec 08, 2020
Moferere:

Obviously, you are also suffering hardship.

Trying to take all other tribes to the cleaners while erosion and poverty are eating deep into your head

The guy asked a valid question and he didn't make it sound a tribal affair but you lacked decorum, and choose to respond like the animal you are.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by joyandfaith: 6:43am On Dec 08, 2020
educhigo:
Why are northerners don't join protest in nigeria about bad government and they are most people suffering the hardship in the country especially terrorist killing peoples,i thought that we are one nigeria fighting for better future.
Did they complain to you of their sufferings?
Amebo!
Northerners don't protest but they can riot against southerners and Christians

1 Like

Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by Kyase(m): 6:47am On Dec 08, 2020
educhigo:
I no understand your English
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by Kyase(m): 6:49am On Dec 08, 2020
helinues:
Cos they are the most beneficiary to this government...

Nothing like poverty or insecurities in the North any longer so why should they stress themselves in protesting..

Protesting what exactly?

The question is "why Northerners don't join protest in Nigeria"
Not "Why Northerners don't join protest under Buhari"

Why are you hating on the North ehn, kilode

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by 2by40ft: 6:51am On Dec 08, 2020
educhigo:
Just because you were made to believe what you only know about the North doesn't make it entirely true. Thats why you ll always be wondering, why this? why that?
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by helinues: 7:08am On Dec 08, 2020
Kyase:

The question is "why Northerners don't join protest in Nigeria"
Not "Why Northerners don't join protest under Buhari"

Why are you hating on the North ehn, kilode

grin cheesy
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by Tranquillity360: 7:22am On Dec 08, 2020
Wait are you expecting northerns to join yorubas endsars protest.
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by PVision2020(m): 7:31am On Dec 08, 2020
The same reason why the the SE/SS refused to join the occupy Nigeria protest in 2012

1 Like

Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by Gbest90(m): 7:34am On Dec 08, 2020
Kyase:

I no understand your English
To read am don dey cause me headache sef.

Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by Kyase(m): 8:33am On Dec 08, 2020
Gbest90:

To read am don dey cause me headache sef.
Seriously grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:42am On Dec 08, 2020
Wait till a Southerner is president,
During Obasanjo and GEJ's presidency, the North were restless,
Truth is Northern protest are strictly sanctioned by their Islamic clerics, and they would NEVER call out themselves
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by gidgiddy: 8:59am On Dec 08, 2020
educhigo:
Why northerners don't join protest in nigeria about bad government and they are most people suffering the hardship in the country especially terrorist killing peoples,i thought that we are one nigeria fighting for better future.

The way the North thinks is not the way the South thinks. Northerners will not join any protest while one of them is is in power. Infact, most Northerners see ENDSARS protest as a nuisance aimed at threatening their power base

1 Like

Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by Paretomaster1(m): 9:22am On Dec 08, 2020
Stop being a, bigot even during the ENDSARS protest, Northerners protested in many Northern states seeking for ENDTOINSECURITY etc.. Google is your friend
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by wingmanIII: 9:53am On Dec 08, 2020
Protests are Haram according to Islam.(Nigerian version)
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by Fahdiga1: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2020
educhigo:
Because they are backward thinking people and nothing good comes from that side
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 08, 2020
They won't join protests for the same reason people in the South East and South south did not join anti-subsidy protests and the same reason why the South west voted for Obasanjo in 2003 despite poor performance in his first term....and the same reason why Christians in the country did not join the Shiites in their protests, and the same reason why no one joined IPOB in their protests for secession.

Because when your son is in power, you get benefits from that. And the sad thing is Nigerians have the idea that 'having one's son in power' means more benefits.

And thus, any protest seen as a threat to their 'son in power' is met with resistance....even IF the issues raised by the protesters are affecting them badly too. SARS is active in the North, and police brutality is a thing in the North. Even fulani herdsmen suffer from police inaction and brutality, which is why many of them take the laws into their hands....

Part of the problem too came from the ENDSARS protesters.....who failed to enlighten the North on why ENDSARS, AND who brought in other issues that the North opposes...like restructuring etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by chrisxxx(m): 10:36am On Dec 08, 2020
Islam says anything that happens is the will of Allah. Protesting is like going against the will of Allah. This is the Islamic doctrine of obedience to your leader.
However, this can be manipulated depending on who the leader is. If leader is a Christian they can protest validly since the same Koran tells them not to accept leadership from non-Muslims.
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:36am On Dec 08, 2020
Protest is haram in Islam.
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by Rickmann: 10:44am On Dec 08, 2020
educhigo:

Why do cows go wherever they are directed?
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by Poorboy: 11:06am On Dec 08, 2020
Because of your Grammar grin grin
Re: Why Are Northerners Dont Join Protest In Nigeria? by Paretomaster1(m): 11:06am On Dec 08, 2020
Claudiusdeux:
They won't join protests for the same reason people in the South East and South south did not join anti-subsidy protests and the same reason why the South west voted for Obasanjo in 2003 despite poor performance in his first term....and the same reason why Christians in the country did not join the Shiites in their protests, and the same reason why no one joined IPOB in their protests for secession.

Because when your son is in power, you get benefits from that. And the sad thing is Nigerians have the idea that 'having one's son in power' means more benefits.

And thus, any protest seen as a threat to their 'son in power' is met with resistance....even IF the issues raised by the protesters are affecting them badly too. SARS is active in the North, and police brutality is a thing in the North. Even fulani herdsmen suffer from police inaction and brutality, which is why many of them take the laws into their hands....

Part of the problem too came from the ENDSARS protesters.....who failed to enlighten the North on why ENDSARS, AND who brought in other issues that the North opposes...like restructuring etc.

You speak my mind in the last paragraph..... SARS wasnt a menance in the North, so u don't expect them to just join u in protest, thats y even when they protest, its against insecurity.

Did the endsars organisers liase with any youth group from the North?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sowore Arrested For Leading ‘crossover Protest’ In Abuja / Nigeria Will Be On Fire If A Christian Made The Same Statement Zulum Made - Reno / How Genuine Is This Empowerment Money? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.