Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Help, How Do I Get Over This Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, How Do I Get Over This Please (1487 Views)

Help: How Do I Greet A Neighbor That Just Gave Birth / Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:11am On Dec 08, 2020
My best friend passed away recently, I am feeling depressed and frustrated right now.

The last time I visited him was on October, he stays in a different local government area but, we communicate almost daily. We played video games together, walk and talk and all that.

I sent him a text on Saturday but, no reply; that is unusual. Yesterday his brother broke the news and I felt shattered.

I have known him for about a decade and was even planning to celebrate Christmas with him. Right now, appetite is gone, I slept late and woke multiple times till I can't sleep again around past 4 AM.

Any other details, yes; an owl sat at my window on Sunday night (I was uncomfortable about it but, let it be).

Those who have lost a loved one or passed through similar situation, how did you get over it
I have tried music didn't work, help please.

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 08, 2020
Don't get over it, express your emotions and pour your heart out, it is healthy. Eventually you will move on, but sorry mehn it is sad when you lose a loved one. All the best
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by SPOLO(m): 8:56am On Dec 08, 2020
so sorry...pray over it and also pray for the deceased with time you will get over it
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 08, 2020
We hope to make it to the end but the road is too narrow.

With time, you'd soon get over it.
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:32am On Dec 08, 2020
SPOLO:
so sorry...pray over it and also pray for the deceased with time you will get over it
I will, thanks man. embarassed
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by waploger(m): 11:09am On Dec 08, 2020
You will get over it after the burial.
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by missimelda01(f): 11:24am On Dec 08, 2020
Sorry for your loss. Give yourself some time to heal, you’ll move on eventually.
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by UndauntedYOCA(f): 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
How sad. Please cry if you must. Time will heal your maybe not completely butt a little bit.
I've lost loved ones and the most painful one, my dad.
I have not yet gotten over the death of my dad and in 3 months, it'll be 15 years since his demise, I still cry everyday like I used to. See a therapist if you think you need one. I'm sorry, I pray you heal.

3 Likes

Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 08, 2020
Prayers. You have to pray and ask God for the fortitude to bear the loss.

If you feel the need to cry at any time, please do so heartily, so you don't pent up feelings that might lead you to depression.

Crying and calling on God helped me when I Lost my mom. Also remove and delete anything around that would easily remind you of him.

With time you'll get over it.

Sorry for the loss.
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2020
He was alive and healthy with dreams and everything, we smile, laugh and do guys stuff together. I had to cry. sad
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by sisisioge: 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
He was alive and healthy with dreams and everything, we smile, laugh and do guys stuff together. I had to cry. sad

So sorry to hear. Please cry as much as you like, laugh at his memory, sigh if you feel like it, hug someone tight and not let go until you feel relieved. It's ok...it will be ok. In all of this, be consoled with the fact that he's in a place where he feels nothing anymore....no pain, no hunger, no thirst. May God rest him well...it is well. Pele darling.

1 Like

Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by jennyswtie: 7:29pm On Dec 08, 2020
Take heart op. So sorry for your loss
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by Karleb(m): 7:30pm On Dec 08, 2020
cry cry
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by MMXX: 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2020
Sorry for your loss man

It will take sometime but you'll be fine,the memories n the thoughts are bringing up nostalgic emotions which is normal.. Don't fight how you feel, accept it.
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by Mindlog: 11:09pm On Dec 08, 2020
Stephenmoka4:

Tears are therapeutic, shed them. In addition to some earlier suggestions by others, look into writing a letter addressed to your late friend, get a plain sheet of paper and pen, feel free to pour out what you would have wanted your friend to know. You don't have to finish this letter writing at a sitting, it can take days or weeks. You should re-read it as often as you can and when you feel you are through with it, then you "send" it to your friend as a way of saying goodbye by burning it. The burning of it should be something solemn, a ritual of letting go.

I hope this method in grief therapy, would be of help as you deal with the death of your friend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by Mide3367: 12:34am On Dec 09, 2020
my closest friend then joshua just died and i was in shock for a year. that was in 2012 o. someone who was planning to travel out that year. i cried my heart out sha but ow he left my mind, i dont know
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 15, 2020
my condolences
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by BusinessCity: 2:06pm On Dec 18, 2020
Move to front page mods

Lalasticlala

Dominique

Mynd44

RoyalRoy
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by BusinessCity: 2:07pm On Dec 18, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
How sad. Please cry if you must. Time will heal your maybe not completely butt a little bit.
I've lost loved ones and the most painful one, my dad.
I have not yet gotten over the death of my dad and in 3 months, it'll be 15 years since his demise, I still cry everyday like I used to. See a therapist if you think you need one. I'm sorry, I pray you heal.

You've not gotten over it since 15 years
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2020
BusinessCity:

You've not gotten over it since 15 years
No, I haven't but I'm not as hurt as before and I made a mistake in my comment, I no longer cry everyday like I used to, maybe once in a while but definitely not everyday.
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2020
I haven't gotten over it till today, he was buried yesterday embarassed

Thanks y'all for your contributions
Re: Help, How Do I Get Over This Please by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2020
Sorry, I remotely understand u.

I lost my friend/a pillar too last month due to yellow fever outbreak where we were sent to for official assignment. I was fortunate enough cos I already took the current vaccine while the one he took wasn't the active one (see Nigeria, e no go better for them) someone that has everything going well for him. Am still trying to move on.

My bible based hope of the resurrection and prayer really helped me.

With time u will be fine.

(1) (Reply)

So many have been strong for too long (Picture) / Wife Wanted - If You Fit In This Shoe, Give It A Trial.. / Adoption Or Single Mum Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.