Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. (31443 Views)

Husbands Of Groom And Brides Moms Whos Dressing Got People Talking Spark Reacti / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met / The Disconnect: Mode Of Disflowering Versus Incidence Of Pedophile Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Perez99: 8:05am On Nov 20, 2021
Good day nairalanders.
I will make it very brief. Please I need your advice.
I've been a nairalander since 2016 but this is my first official post.

My father is a good, noble and humble man. A successful business man. He's very proud of us (his children), we're also proud of him. We're 3. I'm 29 years of age, the eldest and only son. He make sure we don't lack anything. We all went to one of the prestigious Private University in Nigeria. I and my immediate baby sis are graduate, while last born still in 300l.

The problem is that, my father don't know how to dress, he prefer to wear faded and worn out clothes. My dad drive highlander 2014 model. If my Dad comes down from his car, you will think he's a driver to an imaginary Boss because of the way he dressed.
Blessed memories of my beloved mom May her soul R.I.P. She was always complaining and sometimes my Dad won't listen to her.

I'm a good fashion designer, my love for fashion is topnotch. I also own a laundry store and a barbing store. I've been privileged to sew some clothes for comedian Buchi which he loves so much and he promised to patronize me again.

GOD in heaven knows how many lovely, mature and soft dress I've sew and bought for my father with my money. He only wears it once and won't wear it again, there are some he haven't put on at all. He celebrated his birthday August, I bought this nice shirt 18k for him as a gift. Till today he hasn't put it on.

Please note: money is not his problem. The other day he stopped by at my store, I and my boys were working. He noticed nobody was using one of my industrial machines. He asked and I said it was faulty. He said how much? I said 170k but I'll change it soon before January....(because I just wrapped my car from corolla to ES Lexus)....Before I could say Jack... Baba don send me 200k. I ordered the machine instantly.

See what happened this morning, He got an invitation to attend a meeting. The smartest way to dress for a highly regarded man like him is native wear.
So he gave me this faded black trouser turning white to brush for him, that he wanted to wear it for the meeting...See eh, It was so annoying. I went to his room gathered the nice, starched and ironed native I could gather and I told him to select one, that I won't brush that faded trouser. He started saying ... " I'm proving stubborn and all manner things"... I'm sure our tenants could hear our argument.

Please Nairalanders. What can I do to make my Dad dress well. I plan to set fire on those faded and worn out clothes but it will look so disrespectful. I'm sure his friends have accepted his mode of dressing.
My siblings and I are tired of complaining.

Please I need an advice!!!

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by PlayMaker14: 8:07am On Nov 20, 2021
Dear Perez99,

Has anyone come to your house or meet your father outside and mock him for having a poor fashion sense?

Now let's take a look at the Big Brother Naija Lockdown winner who goes by the name Laycon.... Do you know that thousands of online critiques have dragged him for his poor fashion style? But guess what? The young man is paying no attention to that because he is comfortable with what he puts on even if it makes him looks like a circus clown.

I for one love putting on Beret like Mercy Chinwo instead of hats or face cap, some miscreants have come to warn me about it, saying it is a fashion style to identify moroniic cultists, but I don't care.

Your father is comfortable with his style, and when you are comfortable, you are definitely happy. Let him be happy and you should concentrate on your shop.

Remain Everly Blessed.

179 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by ItsGoodToBeGood: 8:09am On Nov 20, 2021
I believe he has his reasons as money no be problem.....

Probably trying to stay out of Nigeria insecurity troubles

152 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Mariangeles(f): 8:12am On Nov 20, 2021
First of all, don't you even dare burn your father's old clothes without his permission.
There's something about the elderly and their old clothes that they simply can't let go. It could be because of the softness of the worn out fabric that makes them more comfortable.

Secondly, if your mum couldn't change him, I doubt you can.
So, just let him be however makes him comfortable, but still keep on trying to convince him.

215 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by slimjohn2k5: 8:15am On Nov 20, 2021
Is called attachment to things.
My dad do same, we tried all we could though he is in his 60's now.
In his room are new set of singlets, but he preferred the old ones.

Even new set of clothes we bought for him will be kept in his room and not used. Let me burst your bubble more. My dad keeps money in the room that have turned dust several times.

You cannot throw away any old and unused things in his presence if not trouble.

We leave the man like that ohhhh

77 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Perez99: 8:17am On Nov 20, 2021
ItsGoodToBeGood:
I believe he has his reasons as money no be problem.....

Probably trying to stay out of Nigeria insecurity troubles
But atleast, not faded clothes. GOD Knows I've sewed a lot of natives for him. Now I feel he's even wasting my money sad.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Mariangeles(f): 8:20am On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
But atleast, not faded clothes. GOD Knows I've sewed a lot of natives for him. Now I feel he's even wasting my money sad.

No, you didn't waste your money by making new clothes for your dad. It's the right thing to do.
Just allow him wear them when he feels comfortable wearing them.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by ItsGoodToBeGood: 8:25am On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:

This is serious, why not ask him then,,, this one don pass disguise

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Mariangeles(f): 8:27am On Nov 20, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
Is called attachment to things.
My dad do same, we tried all we could though he is in his 60's now.
In his room are new set of singlets, but he preferred the old ones.

Even new set of clothes we bought for him will be kept in his room and not used. Let me burst your bubble more. My dad keeps money in the room that have turned dust several times.

You cannot throw away any old and unused things in his presence if not trouble.

We leave the man like that ohhhh

Guy! E be like say that singlet own na everywhere. grin
My father no dey gree let go.
My brothers just buy and hands him packs of new singlets.
He only wears them when he has to.
And nobody dares to touch his stuff.

What I've observed is that the old singlet he wears is more loose and delicate, so it is more cool and comfortable for him to wear at home.
When he puts on a new one, it is body fitted which I think makes him quite uncomfortable.

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Perez99: 8:27am On Nov 20, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Dear Perez99,

Has anyone come to your house or meet your father outside and mock him for having a poor fashion sense?

Remain Everly Blessed.
I'm sure his friends do. But they're cool with him.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by padi94(m): 8:30am On Nov 20, 2021
I have some advice below to help change your father

First advice organise people to beat him up on the road for his poor dress sense or. Pls disregard this advice make you no go kill am. Check out the other advice. grin

Second advice, arrange people to make jest of his clothes, just random People. Or their gossip should get to his ear about a grown man who is well to do dressing and behaving like a village man.

Third advise is get him a mirror and place it where he will see it anytime he is done dressing.

Fourth advice, get your sisters to talk to him, Fathers tend to listen to their daughter more. Especially the one he likes most.

Fifth advice is get his respected friends to talk to him or call him out on why he wears crazy clothes respectfully. He has peers or friends they will surely be able to get through to him.

[right][/right]Bonus advice: find out what his poison is, woman or alcohol... If na woman, arrange one babe for am make the girl dey dress am up. If na alcohol get his drinking buddies to advice him.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by PlayMaker14: 8:33am On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
I'm sure his friends do. But they're cool with him.
“No matter how eye red reach, E nor fit light Cigar...”

Just let him be.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Ahmed0336(m): 8:39am On Nov 20, 2021
Young man allow that man to enjoy his old age in peace.

Ah ah please just allow him before you go make am vex lay curse on you.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Perez99: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2021
padi94:
I have some advice below to help change your father

First advice organise people to beat him up on the road for his poor dress sense or. Pls disregard this advice make you no go kill am. Check out the other advice. grin

Second advice, arrange people to make jest of his clothes, just random People. Or their gossip should get to his ear about a grown man who is well to do dressing and behaving like a village man.

Third advise is get him a mirror and place it where he will see it anytime he is done dressing.

Fourth advice, get your sisters to talk to him, Fathers tend to listen to their daughter more. Especially the one he likes most.

Fifth advice is get his respected friends to talk to him or call him out on why he wears crazy clothes respectfully. He has peers or friends they will surely be able to get through to him.

[right][/right]Bonus advice: find out what his poison is, woman or alcohol... If na woman, arrange one babe for am make the girl dey dress am up. If na alcohol get his drinking buddies to advice him.
I can't do some your advice oh smiley.

Besides my sisters have different sizes of mirrors at home. Infact they're daddy's girls. They have talked him but He won't listen. His friends have accepted him that way.

10 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Perez99: 8:43am On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:

Besides my sisters have different sizes and shapes of mirrors at home. Infact they're daddy's girls. They have talked him but He won't listen. His friends have accepted him that way.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Optimistguy1969: 8:45am On Nov 20, 2021
Nairaland wan begin sweet again ooooooo grin grin grin grin

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by padi94(m): 8:54am On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:

Besides my sisters have different sizes of mirrors at home. Infact they're daddy's girls. They have talked him but He won't listen. His friends have accepted him that way.

Then your father belongs to the street grin grin
Test him with a girl to flirt with him and make him feel young again

10 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Richy4(m): 9:05am On Nov 20, 2021
Please let him wear his old clothes if he wasn't going out for a function or a meeting...
But if it was a meeting, emotional blackmail is the key to warm his heart for him to wear what u wanted since it seems that u both are in good terms...
It's not something that needs argument.. try and be a bit closer to him, do what he asked u to do.. in turn, if he wanna wear those his signature clothes, use your puppy face... It works all the time... Besides most dads loves their first daughters, let your sisters assist... so u got an edge to win most times.. but when he insists too much to wear the old ones, u let him grin.. I kinda like your dad sense of dressing though.. Doesn't care what the society is wearing cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by eyinjuege: 9:10am On Nov 20, 2021
You people are too controlling.
Can you please allow a man live his life in peace for goodness sake.
Allow him be himself. He doesn't like new clothes or fashionable clothes, he no kill person

48 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Nonexisting: 10:01am On Nov 20, 2021
Your mother who he has been dressing to impress is no more so who is he dressing for again? Abeg, leave the old man alone to enjoy his lifestyle. Everyone must not dress to impress. Few years ago, I never left home without ironing my clothes over and over again but today, who cares.

29 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Justkatty(f): 10:25am On Nov 20, 2021
Don't try burning his clothes�
Just leave him, try overlooking before e land you for trouble..
So far he doesn't look shabby,, let him be.
Old age is telling on him, so don't try to stop it...
Your sis should also assist in helping him out, in sorting clothes especially when going out for function BUT that should be done with love and not with force.

13 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 20, 2021
Don't blame the old man.

The man prolly developed that poor dress Sense from years of depriving himself just to enable him train you guys to the level you are and give you the best. So now it has become a part of him and will be difficult to part with.

You said your last born is still in school. I'm sure pospy is still having that sense of self-denial to see her through her education. So he doesn't see your offer of new clothes as priority or the need to be fashionable for now.

Let the old man be. He became so for your sakes. That's the sacrifice of a father.

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Perez99: 11:30am On Nov 20, 2021
Justkatty:
Don't try burning his clothes�
Just leave him, try overlooking before e land you for trouble..
So far he doesn't look shabby,, let him be.
Old age is telling on him, so don't try to stop it...
Your sis should also assist in helping him out, in sorting clothes especially when going out for function BUT that should be done with love and not with force.
I can't burn his clothes. That would be disrespectful. I and my sisters always do our best to make sure he don't feel the absence of our mother and we do that with lots of love. He knows.

My Dad is still healthy, strong and agile

12 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 20, 2021

10 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Cyoung4real(m): 11:36am On Nov 20, 2021
Let them think you can’t afford bread until they realize you own the bakery. Oga leave you popsy, he knows what he is doing.

21 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Queensss(f): 11:40am On Nov 20, 2021
You beloved mum couldn't change him. Your sisters who are Daddy's girls couldn't. And trust me, they should be the ones very close to be able to make it happen.

Please just leave your Dad alone to live his life.

This could be what gives him peace. A carefree live by finding solace in wearing his old, faded clothes.

Let the Old Patriarch be.

11 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Umarojavi: 11:46am On Nov 20, 2021
This life no straight at all, I dey complain about my father wey like dress, he has spent more money on buying cloths this year. Every two weeks baba dey buy shirt/trousers, sport wears and suspenders. When ever am around, in a day I dey iron about 5 shirts for this man. He has about 4 boxes of ironed shirts/traditional wears. My mother don complain tire. 24/7 laundry room dey full with my father cloths. This morning alone baba spend almost 1hr dressing up for a service of songs.

11 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Acidosis(m): 11:52am On Nov 20, 2021
Just keep his clothes clean and allow him eat well. That's all

8 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Perez99: 11:58am On Nov 20, 2021
Acidosis:

Just keep his clothes clean and allow him eat well. That's all
for sure. I take care of his laundry, I own a laundry store too. So that's not a problem.

11 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by sageb: 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.
I will make it very brief. Please I need your advice.
I've been a nairalander since 2016 but this is my first official post.

My father is a good, noble and humble man. A successful business man. He's very proud of us (his children), we're also proud of him. We're 3. I'm 29 years of age, the eldest and only son. He make sure we don't lack anything. We all went to one of the prestigious Private University in Nigeria. I and my immediate baby sis are graduate, while last born still in 300l.

The problem is that, my father don't know how to dress, he prefer to wear faded and worn out clothes. My dad drive highlander 2014 model. If my Dad comes down from his car, you will think he's a driver to an imaginary Boss because of the way he dressed.
Blessed memories of my beloved mom May her soul R.I.P. She was always complaining and sometimes my Dad won't listen to her.

I'm a good fashion designer, my love for fashion is topnotch. I also own a laundry store and a barbing store. I've been privileged to sew some clothes for comedian Buchi which he loves so much and he promised to patronize me again.

GOD in heaven knows how many lovely, mature and soft dress I've sew and bought for my father with my money. He only wears it once and won't wear it again, there are some he haven't put on at all. He celebrated his birthday August, I bought this nice shirt 18k for him as a gift. Till today he hasn't put it on.

Please note: money is not his problem. The other day he stopped by at my store, I and my boys were working. He noticed nobody was using one of my industrial machines. He asked and I said it was faulty. He said how much? I said 170k but I'll change it soon before January....(because I just wrapped my car from corolla to ES Lexus)....Before I could say Jack... Baba don send me 200k. I ordered the machine instantly.

See what happened this morning, He got an invitation to attend a meeting. The smartest way to dress for a highly regarded man like him is native wear.
So he gave me this faded black trouser turning white to brush for him, that he wanted to wear it for the meeting...See eh, It was so annoying. I went to his room gathered the nice, starched and ironed native I could gather and I told him to select one, that I won't brush that faded trouser. He started saying ... " I'm proving stubborn and all manner things"... I'm sure our tenants could hear our argument.

Please Nairalanders. What can I do to make my Dad dress well. I plan to set fire on those faded and worn out clothes but it will look so disrespectful. I'm sure his friends have accepted his mode of dressing.
My siblings and I are tired of complaining.

Please I need an advice!!!

Your father is not complaining
He has the money to buy any Clothe he likes
He prefers modest dressing
Why are you bothered?
Abi you want your father to be awon Dino Melaye.
In Dino Melaye's voice " I wore Gucci, up to down,even my pant is gucci".

11 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Kayberg: 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2021
grin
Should we tell him?
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Justkatty(f): 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
I can't burn his clothes. That would be disrespectful. I and my sisters always do our best to make sure he don't feel the absence of our mother and we do that with lots of love. He knows.

My Dad is still healthy, strong and agile
Okay
You guys should just let him be.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Signs Of A Childish Adult / I Believe My Wife Is Cheating / My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.