Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,695 members, 7,809,622 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Bali inside Travel Guide - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bali inside Travel Guide (442 Views)

A Northeast Travel Guide For The Unhinged / Johannesburg Tourism: Five Day Travel Guide / Photos Of Bikini-clad Kim And Kourtney Kardashian Riding An Elephant In Bali (ph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bali inside Travel Guide by truehabtravel(m): 8:15am On Dec 08, 2020
If you haven’t been to Bali before and you’re planning your very first trip, there are a few things you should know in order to get the most out of your trip! If you haven’t read my first blog post with essential tips for Bali (visa restriction, money, security, vaccination, etc.) go and check it here!

There is no doubt – Bali has changed during the past 50 years. Many of you who are planning a trip to the Island of a Thousand Temples are questioning whether Bali has lost its Magic due to the mass tourism going on… But you should ask the same question when you’re heading to Venice, London, Paris or Barcelona. My answer is: it has changed, but the magic is still there! There is a reason why so many people want to visit a certain place and the reasons for Bali are numerous! Before booking your Bali Holiday package you should consider the following things.

The traffic in Bali is CRAZY! Even out of the rush hour! Bali is a small island and when you look at the map you’ll guess that a ride will take only a few minutes. … BUT – the roads are narrow, there are thousands of trucks, motorbikes, cars, and taxis – it will take (always!) much longer than expected!

Public Transport (Trans Sarbagita): Fares are very cheap and the buses operate from 05:00 to 21:00. If you have more than enough time in Bali but less money instead, I can recommend using public transport. For example, you can choose to travel by Bemos minibusses which (should) carry about 12 people but most of the time there are more than 20 people inside the bus. Getting from A to B could last forever. Timeliness is also a thing.

Taxis: Taxis can be tricky as well! Be aware when arriving at the airport – there are a lot of fake taxis which will cost you sometimes more than the double price. Make sure you negotiate the price for the distance before getting into the car and pay after arriving! The best option if you decide to travel by taxi is the Bluebird Taxi – there are super clean, cheap, reliable, and easy to order via Bluebird App (or call +62 (0)361 701 111).

[b]Uber and Grab Taxi:[/b]There is a lot of information online that Uber and Grab Taxis are banned in Bali, but this is not true! They are just not “welcomed” in Bali. Grab was my favorite kind of travel option for getting around in Malaysia, but in Bali, it was much more difficult to find a car on time. But you can download the Uber and Grab App, maybe you’ll be luckier than me by finding a car…

Rent a Motorbike: for renting a car or motorbike you will need an international drivers’ license. This is the most favorable travel option in Bali, maybe because it is also the cheapest (except public transport). Renting a motorbike costs about 6 € per day and for a long-term rental (1 month) only 2 € per day. BUT REMEMBER: Bali drives on the left, it is home to crazy traffic, even out of the rush hour! Drive with caution and always wear a helmet! A helmet is not required in Bali, but after seeing the traffic there you are a fool if you don’t wear one!

The total population of Bali is about 4.5 Million and about 4.5 Million tourists visited Bali in 2016! Bali is one of the most visited spots on Earth so you can expect a crowd for sure! Most of the crowds are in the south region of the island (Kuta, Denpasar, Legian, etc). But beyond the tourist centers and especially in the north of Bali you can still enjoy a lot of chilled out areas and secluded corners without tourists.

Re: Bali inside Travel Guide by Cousin9999: 8:28am On Dec 08, 2020
Indonesians are racist and stupid. There's nothing fun or impressive about their ghetto country either. There's a reason the Nigerians who move there are selling drugs instead of working real jobs.

If you want to travel and have a good time, visit an African or Caribbean nation.
Re: Bali inside Travel Guide by OliviaThomas: 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2023
For me, Bali is a great place to find peace, perfect scenery and surf conditions for example. I am even considering now shopping from https://easy-surfshop.com/ to buy some surf equipment and go to Bali for three months

(1) (Reply)

. / Registration For German Appointment / Good Day All, Please I Need You Guys Kindly Advice!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.