Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

Posting Real Pictures: - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Posting Real Pictures: (975 Views)

Why are NAIRALANDERs not using their real pictures on their profiles / Ladies Post Your Real Pictures And Be Honest / Show Your Real Pictures On Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Posting Real Pictures: by olgabb87(f): 6:43am On Mar 24, 2011
i havent been on here for long but i wanted to know, how come most people on here do not post real pictures of them selves

I am just wondering,
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by InkedNerd(f): 7:07am On Mar 24, 2011
Because there are some creepy people here who will copy and post other people's profile pics to their desktop or will use the pic as their own on another website. Oh and another thing, some people here are just flat out weird!! tongue

Where are you from by the way? I noticed in your profile, you said you're not Nigerian.
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by olgabb87(f): 7:47am On Mar 24, 2011
oooo ok gotcha but its ridiculous for ppl to do that, Wot will be the whole point of uploading a picture atleast to know who is behind some intelligent posts on here , Its sad but oh well guess i will have to deal, :-/

I am from ugandan, :-)
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by InkedNerd(f): 7:50am On Mar 24, 2011
olgabb87:

oooo ok gotcha but its ridiculous for ppl to do that, Wot will be the whole point of uploading a picture atleast to know who is behind some intelligent posts on here , Its sad but oh well guess i will have to deal, :-/

I am from ugandan, :-)

lol yupp, ya gotta deal with it like the rest of us grin.

By the way, welcome to Nairaland my African sista cool
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by sexy74(m): 10:15am On Mar 24, 2011
poster

did you put your real picture?

if no then forget all this hullabaloo
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by sexy74(m): 10:19am On Mar 24, 2011
poster[b]

saw a picture but doubts if that you.

if yes, let me conifirm form your face book[/b]
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by olgabb87(f): 3:42pm On Mar 24, 2011
cheesygrin i would be a real hypocrite to post a post like this and then put a fake picture?
Does not make sense at all and thats me haha

i dont just add ppl on facebook if they arent family or people i know,
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by r231(m): 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2011
;d :d
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by Okijajuju1(m): 4:30pm On Mar 24, 2011
My picture is real o!

You can even see me in action there, I was arranging American Visa juju for my client when that picture was taken,

No mind these ppl, Some are too ugly so they are scared to let ppl see dem.
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by olgabb87(f): 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ okija
i was kind of scared but its no offense to you,
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by InkedNerd(f): 3:21am On Mar 25, 2011
sexy74:

poster[b]

saw a picture but doubts if that you.

if yes, let me conifirm form your face book[/b]

That makes no sense, how would you be able to confirm it was her on Facebook. If she could easily put up a fake pic on Nairaland then what's to stop her from doing it on Facebook. If you wanna ask her for her Facebook page then just come right out and ask instead of saying you wanna "confirm" its her.

olgabb87:

cheesygrin i would be a real hypocrite to post a post like this and then put a fake picture?
Does not make sense at all and thats me haha

i dont just add ppl on facebook if they arent family or people i know,

Don't mind them tongue.
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 25, 2011
poster, why are you intrigued by nigerians?

just curious.
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by olgabb87(f): 7:39am On Mar 25, 2011
i just am intrigued by them, i guess i watch alot of nigerian movies.

They have some good looking men and women,
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by InkedNerd(f): 7:49am On Mar 25, 2011
olgabb87:

i just am intrigued by them, i guess i watch alot of nigerian movies.

[b]They have some good looking men [/b]and women,

lol, its funny that you say that because I've noticed Africans are always looking at people of other African countries. For example, I heard lots of Nigerian girls or guys say that Ghanaian guys or girls are sexy and vise versa grin.
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by Okijajuju1(m): 7:58am On Mar 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

lol, its funny that you say that because I've noticed Africans are always looking at people of other African countries. For example, I heard lots of Nigerian girls or guys say that Ghanaian guys or girls are sexy and vise versa grin.

i dont know who youve been hanging out with but let me tell you a fact, in comparison to nigerian babes, ghanaians can only wish,

ask for the men, puuulkeeeezzee, no contest, out of a 100 ghanaian men, 20 would be really fine, out of a 100 nigerian men, atleast 60 na die, another 20 avaerage,

kenyan babes have long oblong faces, southy's sef no follow,

abeg free naija o, afetr naija babes na egyptian hunnies.
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by honeric01(m): 8:01am On Mar 25, 2011
Well mine's got that of my hand. cool
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by InkedNerd(f): 8:14am On Mar 25, 2011
Okija_juju:

i dont know who youve been hanging out with but let me tell you a fact, in comparison to nigerian babes, ghanaians can only wish,

ask for the men, puuulkeeeezzee, no contest, out of a 100 ghanaian men, 20 would be really fine, out of a 100 nigerian men, atleast 60 na die, another 20 avaerage,

kenyan babes have long oblong faces, southy's sef no follow,

abeg free naija o, afetr naija babes na egyptian hunnies.

And how is what you said a fact?
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by Okijajuju1(m): 8:59am On Mar 25, 2011
I carried out a research on this, using 5 african countries for my research, Including Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya and Egypt,

I even published my findings online,

So as far as facts go, until someone can dispute my findings which were based on set scientific standards for measuring beauty, you can regard my post as the gospel,
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by MissyB3(f): 9:27am On Mar 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Because there are some creepy people here who will copy and post other people's profile pics to their desktop or will use the pic as their own on another website. Oh and another thing, some people here are just flat out weird!! tongue

Where are you from by the way? I noticed in your profile, you said you're not Nigerian.

Posting your picture online by and large is risky. Weird people are on every site not just NL alone. My picture travelled from Naijapals to a girl's phone in Naija and coincidentally, a family friend saw the pic and called to inform me. I was mad/sad at first but later realized it was all my fault. Someone has used my photo as his/her profile pic on Fb before, I had to report and beg before the photo was deleted. Same thing happened on Naijapals too.

Point is . . . Facebook, Myspace etc are as 'dangerous' as NL or other Naija websites.
If you don't want your picture abused, don't post.

olgabb87:

i havent been on here for long but i wanted to know, how come most people on here do not post real pictures of them selves
Ugliness, perhaps? Usually, the ugly ones have the fastest fingers, so the best they can do for themselves is remain anonymous. grin grin J/K  tongue
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by InkedNerd(f): 9:35am On Mar 25, 2011
Okija_juju:

I carried out a research on this, using 5 african countries for my research,  Including Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya and Egypt,  

I even published my findings online,

So as far as facts go, until someone can dispute my findings which were based on set scientific standards for measuring beauty, you can regard my post as the gospel,

Research eh? May I please have a link to this publication? What was the purpose of this research? Was it for an institute?

Missy ★ B:

Posting your picture online by and large is risky. Wierd people are on every site not just NL alone. My picture travelled from Naijapals to a girl's phone in Naija and coincidentally, a family friend saw the pic and called to inform me. I was mad/sad at first but later realized it was all my fault. Someone has used my photo as his/her profile pic on Fb before, I had to report and beg before the photo was deleted. Same thing happened on Naijapals too.

Point is . . . Facebook, Myspace etc are as 'dangerous' as NL or other Naija websites.
If you don't want your picture abused, don't post.

Eh ya, sorry to hear that. I was friends with a girl in high school and this girl used to take cool pictures of herself. At some point in time, girls started stealing her pictures and creating fake Myspace pages. I remember on day while I was on Myspace [that was back when I used to use Myspace] I got a friend request from a girl who claimed her name was Ivy [which was my friends' name]. When I looked at the profile I was like "Huh, this isn't the real Ivy. I'm already friends with Ivy so why would she make another page?" It got to the point where my friend [the real Ivy] had to put a disclaimer on her Myspace page telling everyone she was the real Ivy. I swear, people are just useless at time. I mean c'mon is your life so boring that you need to steal other people's pics and pass it off as your own? Sheesh!!!

Missy ★ B:

Ugliness, perhaps? Usually, the ugly ones have the fastest fingers, so the best they can do for themselves is remain anonymous. grin grin J/K  tongue

lol lol lol grin
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by Pweety4me(f): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2011
olgabb87:

I am just wondering,
Choice,insecurity, security reason?,facially challenges grin lipsrsealed, and many more.

Afterall this is nairaland & not [b]face[/b]book were here to learn,view & post
tongue cool
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by Pweety4me(f): 9:38am On Mar 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I mean c'mon is your life so boring that you need to steal other people's pics and pass it off as your own? Sheesh!!!

Or is your face so ugly? grin
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by MissyB3(f): 9:59am On Mar 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Eh ya, sorry to hear that. I was friends with a girl in high school and this girl used to take cool pictures of herself. At some point in time, girls started stealing her pictures and creating fake Myspace pages. I remember on day while I was on Myspace [that was back when I used to use Myspace] I got a friend request from a girl who claimed her name was Ivy [which was my friends' name]. When I looked at the profile I was like "Huh, this isn't the real Ivy. I'm already friends with Ivy so why would she make another page?" It got to the point where my friend [the real Ivy] had to put a disclaimer on her Myspace page telling everyone she was the real Ivy. I swear, people are just useless at time. I mean c'mon is your life so boring that you need to steal other people's pics and pass it off as your own? Sheesh!!!

It's sad but true . . . People are crazy.
I'm like, why would a girl have another girl's [who is unknown] photo on her phone or impersonate her? If it were a dude, we would blame it on perversion but a fellow girl? Damnn! That beats my understanding.
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by r231(m): 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2011
Missy ★ B:

It's sad but true . . . People are crazy.
I'm like, why would a girl have another girl's [who is unknown] photo on her phone or impersonate her? If it were a dude, we would blame it on perversion but a fellow girl? Damnn! That beats my understanding.

is dat why you have the ganja chick on your profile grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by MissyB3(f): 3:34pm On Mar 25, 2011
Lol!
Oga, where have you been and how body?
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by r231(m): 3:35pm On Mar 25, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Lol!
Oga, where have you been and how body?

i have been everywhere where there is money jare lol
grin grin grin
travelled but i am bck now

how are ya
Re: Posting Real Pictures: by olgabb87(f): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ missy that sucks, and am sorry to hear that :-(
i am used to people stealing my pictures but i dont care,
Unless it abused and used in ways i dont want.

(1) (Reply)

4 Ur Branding Of T-shirts, Polo Shirts And Sewing Of All Kind Shirts / Facebook Or Youtube ? If You Are Told To Choose One What Would It Be? / Islamic Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.