Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal (49706 Views)

Victor Osimhen’s Attack On Victor Ikpeba Was Unprovoked And Disrespectful / Oshoala Marks Her 26th Birthday By Scoring A Brace As Barca Beat Sevilla 6-0 / Outrage As 'white Lives Matter' Plane Flies Over Man City Vs Burnley Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Draught: 10:33am On Dec 08, 2020
The yellow card was not only disrespectful but the refree kind of showed he has an innate affiliation to W. Bremen
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by incogni2o: 10:42am On Dec 08, 2020
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Grandmeister(m): 10:45am On Dec 08, 2020
Political correctness will be the bane of modern day football I tell you. All manner of SJW are encroaching upon this beautiful game we've all loved for ages, forcing people to bend the knee for something most of them don't even care or know about, wearing bands to celebrate hays and transgenders??

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by crazybee069(m): 10:55am On Dec 08, 2020
This is not about racism abeg..... He was booked for unsportsmanlike conduct.. Verrati was booked too when he used his head to pass to his keeper when the ball was still on the ground.. You need to always respect your opponent.. Period
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by thatigboman: 10:55am On Dec 08, 2020
fredoooooo:
That's disrespectful... he's a pro not a street soccer star .
disrespectful to who?
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by LZAA: 10:56am On Dec 08, 2020
CodeTemplar:
I remember one I saw some years back. it happened in the French leaque. The dude rolled the ball into the net with his head after the dispossessing the keeper of the ball outside 18 box. He was a black guy too just like this one.
Has nothing to do with his skintone
There are unwritten laws in football and this is one of them
Didn't u see germans consoling Brazilians after 7-1?
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by jonnieoneng: 10:58am On Dec 08, 2020
I am too sure that the player was issued a Yellow Card because he is Black! How dare he score against a White Goalkeeper?
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by zudozz: 10:58am On Dec 08, 2020
What he did was wrong. He should ve scored immediately. He deserves d card.
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by halogate: 11:06am On Dec 08, 2020
..I beg to differ.

Football is a professional sports, and as a professional player, you don't make a mockery of the other team just because u can.
Where then is the spirit of sportsmanship if players begin to act as he did.
..iv seen Carlos Tevez given a second yellow for dancing a chicken dance in front of opposing fans after scoring.
..iv seen Cavani given a red for displaying a sniper pose/shot after scoring.
..iv seen a player given a yellow card for giving a "shot in the head" celebration after scoring.
Fifa frowns at any unprofessional display that may incite fans...I believe that why he got a yellow.
..why not just slot home the ball?..why make a mockery of another team?.
I gather Usain bolt was once caution by IAAF for always looking back and laughing at other sprinters when close to the finish line.

For his unsportsmanlike conduct...it's a well disserved yellow!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by mrdino(m): 11:10am On Dec 08, 2020
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Sirmuel1(m): 11:11am On Dec 08, 2020
SEGLIZ:
disrespectful goal.
which of the goals is then respectful?
maybe Bayern demolishing of barca could then be term respectful.
in this respect the entire Munich team deserve outright ban from from football with their haul of goals.

Why did you bring Barcelona into the discussion? Wetin we do you?
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by coolsegun2002: 11:21am On Dec 08, 2020
toffyz:
Lol, I saw the video on YouTube now.

It was intentionally done, he purposely delayed to put the ball @ the back of the net to humiliate the bremen defence most esp the GoalKeeper.

He was looking back as he was approaching the goal line.

Lol grin

He deserved the booking

Delayed the goal??
Listen to urself...when did FIFA make rule that players must kick the ball quickly after they dispossess their opponent....

Was it a racist goal
Was The goal insulting the opponents sexuality
Was the goal insulting the opponents religion

May be u should enlighten me how he deserved the card...because I’m not getting it..

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Minjim: 11:24am On Dec 08, 2020
Watch a player received a yellow card for dribbling too much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2hVwLRESY
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by coolsegun2002: 11:26am On Dec 08, 2020
halogate:
..I beg to differ.

Football is a professional sports, and as a professional player, you don't make a mockery of the other team just because u can.
Where then is the spirit of sportsmanship if players begin to act as he did.
..iv seen Carlos Tevez given a second yellow for dancing a chicken dance in front of opposing fans after scoring.
..iv seen Cavani given a red for displaying a sniper pose/shot after scoring.
..iv seen a player given a yellow card for giving a "shot in the head" celebration after scoring.
Fifa frowns at any unprofessional display that may incite fans...I believe that why he got a yellow.
..why not just slot home the ball?..why make a mockery of another team?.
I gather Usain bolt was once caution by IAAF for always looking back and laughing at other sprinters when close to the finish line.

For his unsportsmanlike conduct...it's a well disserved yellow!!

Is messi’s deliberate dribbling that makes opponent fall down on their ass not humiliating for the players......??

How can netting the ball in a way be termed humiliating...??

Is it becos the opponent reacted, footballers react all the time when they are losing ..

This is absurd...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by yusluvad(m): 11:26am On Dec 08, 2020
coolsegun2002:

Delayed the goal??
Listen to urself...when did FIFA make rule that players must kick the ball quickly after they dispossess their opponent....

Was it a racist goal

May be u should enlighten me how he deserved the card...because I’m not getting it..

Don't mind him.

The Refree is probably a fan of Werder Bremen...
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Ayyubian: 11:29am On Dec 08, 2020
The ref must be jealous of his goal
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Cityfirstborn(m): 11:29am On Dec 08, 2020
Some Nigerians easily regard everything as racism, football is not an entertainment industry, it's a game all about sportsmanship. That immature display could have led to fight among the opposing team. Even celebrating so widely attract a yellow because it can incite fans and player's likewise. Fifa always advocate for respect.
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Juoflife1(f): 11:37am On Dec 08, 2020
Lol
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by toffyz(m): 11:37am On Dec 08, 2020
coolsegun2002:

Delayed the goal??

Was it a racist goal

You're right bro...Officially, there's no punishment for such conduct. I succumbed bro.

I believed the Refereee took it personal here.
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:47am On Dec 08, 2020
Till I see the video
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by thedio(m): 11:50am On Dec 08, 2020
I just watched the highlight, the guy did nothing wrong besides there is nothing like respect in football. Imagine those Okocha and Ronaldinho's dribblings,referee should av given them red card cos they were disrespectful
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by odaniel1(m): 11:52am On Dec 08, 2020
is there anything as a respectful goal. A loss is a loss no matter how you feign to take it in
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by kesandu94684: 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2020
The yellow card was not only disrespectful but the refree kind of showed he has an innate affiliation to W. Bremen
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by MajohBankz: 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2020
Dreyton36:
I actually clicked to know if he's white or black
Seems he's black then I'm good to know what's up

Are they tryna tell me if Lionell Messi walks in with a ball he'll be offered a yellow card?

Or if the goat of football christiano Ronaldo does the same he'll be offered a card?

Racism at its peak

That players is supposed to sue that referee's dick not just his ass

Where's the fun in football if you can't score in any way it pleases you
Life na cruise abeg , make I even find somewhere put my preek

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Your third paragraph spoilt everything
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Iseoluwani: 12:30pm On Dec 08, 2020
elotajohn1:
SILAS lack MANNERS grin grin
silas manna grin grin
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by JordanMichael(m): 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2020
His only offence here is because he is #BLACK
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by halogate: 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
coolsegun2002:

Is messi’s deliberate dribbling that makes opponent fall down on their ass not humiliating for the players......??

How can netting the ball in a way be termed humiliating...??

Is it becos the opponent reacted, footballers react all the time when they are losing ..

This is absurd...

Bro..a defender falling after being dribbled is a different thing entirely, we can say he simply lost his balance..Dribbling is a skill, and part of the game.
If players are allowed to behave anyhow on the field,..trust me, players will begin to display unsportsmanlike behaviors on the field.
You didn't comment on the cases of Tevez, Cavani or Usain bolt.
Chosing to stroll with the ball and waiting for u to be chased before scoring is just unprofessional. He cud as well have sat down on the ball on the line or used his butt to score.
Bro...this is professional football and the players are supposed to be professional
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by investigator007: 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ajibel:
I was expecting to see a video on this thread of the goal
honestly undecided
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by fredoooooo: 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2020
thatigboman:
disrespectful to who?
To the game of football
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by coolsegun2002: 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
halogate:

Bro..a defender falling after being dribbled is a different thing entirely, we can say he simply lost his balance..Dribbling is a skill, and part of the game.
If players are allowed to behave anyhow on the field,..trust me, players will begin to display unsportsmanlike behaviors on the field.
You didn't comment on the cases of Tevez, Cavani or Usain bolt.
Chosing to stroll with the ball and waiting for u to be chased before scoring is just unprofessional. He cud as well have sat down on the ball on the line or used his butt to score.
Bro...this is professional football and the players are supposed to be professional

Bros... u are desperately trying to justify the referee’s action....football has rules... referees don’t have autonomy to decide whatever they want...

U said dribbling is part of the game, so I can dribble as I want.... well scoring is part of the game... but I can’t score as I want??

Jubilation is what’s different....becos jubilation isn’t part of the game directly... and can be used to insult spectators...

There’s no rule as to how I can score...u can’t say I have to play the ball fast...players have played penalty kicks in a slow way that humiliated goalkeepers ....

Ur explanation is not objective in anyway.. and this kind of unwritten law is open to individual bias of the referee......

The opponent’s reigion isn’t insulted
The opponent’s sexual orientation isn’t insulted
His humanity or race isn’t insulted, So what exactly is the referee’s grounds of penalizing the player....??

See if Messi has done that... it would have been spectacular
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Djangote: 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Checkout New Super Eagles Jersey And Kit Developed By New Sponsors Nike(pics / Manchester City's Bench: Is This The Greatest Bench Of All Time? / Cristiano Ronaldo Poses With His Serie A Trophy (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.