Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,653 members, 7,958,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:33 AM

Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London (798 Views)

Anyone With Info About Going To Dakar In Senegal / Pls Assist With Info Traveling To London For Vacay -1st Timer / Price Of Hotel Accomodation In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by TTouch(m): 9:51am On Mar 24, 2011
Hello Nairalanders In The Uk

I should be coming to london to study in a few months time, so i need info as regards to accomodation in this area

University House
55 East Road
London N1 6AH

Which part of london is this?

Any possibilities i can get accomodation very or extremely cheap there for the time being, then later look for something more modest

Any other info concerning any other useful relevant issues would be appreciated as well

Thanks
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by tigerpaws(f): 10:28am On Mar 24, 2011
T Touch:

Hello Nairalanders In The Uk

I should be coming to london to study in a few months time, so i need info as regards to accomodation in this area

University House
55 East Road
London N1 6AH

Which part of london is this?

Any possibilities i can get accomodation very or extremely cheap there for the time being, then later look for something more modest

Any other info concerning any other useful relevant issues would be appreciated as well

Thanks

^^ Hackney, I 'm not sure though! wait for Members resident in London to advice.
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by sorrytoo: 11:02am On Mar 24, 2011
ok,

that post code is Old street,its actually a good location ,as its in the city,houses are very expensive there though(see link)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/find.html?locationIdentifier=STATION^6881&sortByPriceDescending=false&maxBedrooms=1&radius=0.25

it's also close to hackney,which has a reputation(like the hood ),but it has everything,(everything naija),cos loads of nigerians live there and its close to Dalston(in other words ,naija,indians,jamaican,every culture market),advantage of this location,its cheap(see link)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/Hackney.html?sortByPriceDescending=false&maxBedrooms=1&radius=0.25&index=10

Hope this helps,
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by TTouch(m): 11:26am On Mar 24, 2011
Thanks,
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 24, 2011
Its in Islington/shoreditch.
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by jaybee3(m): 11:39am On Mar 24, 2011
R u attending city university?
you are better off renting in north london proper.
Old street is walking distance to the city (financial district) thus you had be paying over the top to reside in the location
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by TTouch(m): 11:40am On Mar 24, 2011
jay bee:

R u attending city university?
you are better off renting in north london proper.
Old street is walking distance to the city (financial district) thus you had be paying over the top to reside in the location

It is The City College
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by jaybee3(m): 11:49am On Mar 24, 2011
City college is actually @ angel which is also less that 5 minutes walk to city university.
What's your budget for accommodation?
You can always rent a place that has a direct bus to your college
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by TTouch(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
jay bee:

City college is actually @ angel which is also less that 5 minutes walk to city university.
What's your budget for accommodation?
You can always rent a place that has a direct bus to your college

Question is, what is the minimum and average i can expect

Renting a place that has a direct bus to the college won't be a bad idea as long as it would be cheaper than staying close to the school, cos from what i have been checking online, houses very close to the college are expensive

In how much would be the cost for the bus everyday
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by jaybee3(m): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2011
The following info should help you.

Rent would normally be cheaper in zones 3,4,5

Decide on preferred areas from the above map then search on gumtree for rooms around that area to give you the idea of cost.

You can get info on bus pass fares from the link below

http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Travel/Transport/London/Buses.htm
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by TTouch(m): 4:57pm On Mar 24, 2011
Hey Jaybee

This your data analysis is highly tenacious and critical and will require patience and dedication to decipher, lmao

Nice one bro
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by sorrytoo: 5:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
T Touch:

Hey Jaybee

This your data analysis is highly tenacious and critical and will require patience and dedication to decipher, lmao

Nice one bro

U mean the tube map?
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by TTouch(m): 5:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
wai  lai,

This map reading hard pass cambridge A levels

The zones are seperated from the numbers written beneath the map? cos i can see some numbers in the watermark of the map itself

I have located where the sch is which is angel right?

So hw do i read the locations in 3 4 5? Are they like for example in zone 3 Golders green, brent cross,hendon central,williesden green,dollis hill,high gate,east finchley etc

Well i have an option of using the sch accomodation agent but i jst believe it would be overpriced, since they know you are international student they would want to charge u an arm or leg
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by TTouch(m): 5:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
sorrytoo:

U mean the tube map?

Yes oo, whatever map it is, lol.i am beginning to understand small small sha, naija no fit ever carry last

lai lai
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by sorrytoo: 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2011
T Touch:

Yes oo, whatever map it is, lol.i am beginning to understand small small sha, naija no fit ever carry last

lai lai

No mind me, the grammer wey u blow for tube map,na him fear me, ,maybe this will help
Re: Help With Info On Accomodation In This Location In London by TTouch(m): 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2011
sorrytoo:

No mind me, the grammer wey u blow for tube map,na him fear me, ,maybe this will help

I don dey understand the thing small small, zones 1 and 2 are the most expensive cos they are right in the centre of the city, while zones 3 4 5 are slightly cheaper cos they are distant from the centre of the city, so for zones 1 and 2 your bus pass money will be cheaper u might only need to buy just 1 zone pass while for zones 3 4 5 u will spend more on bus pass cos they are far from the city

lol, abi?

Well i am looking for something in the range of 250 -400 quid per month hopefully

(1) (Reply)

Us To Begin Deportation Reviews / Happy New Year Everyone.i Hope This Site Will Help In Advertising My Business? / New Niaja Passport Lost Old One Unknown Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.