Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

'World's Youngest' Self-made Billionaire's Amazing Journey To Success At Just 25 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'World's Youngest' Self-made Billionaire's Amazing Journey To Success At Just 25 (405 Views)

Austin Russell Is Forbes Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (Photos) / Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'World's Youngest' Self-made Billionaire's Amazing Journey To Success At Just 25 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2020
Austin Russell has been named the world's youngest self-made billionaire at 25-years-old. Here's how he earned his riches – applying for his first patent at just 13

The "world's youngest" self-made billionaire has spoken about his journey to success.

Austin Russell filed for his first patent when he was just 13-years-old.

Even though he’d barely started his teenage years, he’d invented a product that helped to recycle sprinkler water for gardening.

Then at 17, he set up a company called Luminar that supplies light detection technology to give drivers a 3D view of roads.

Alongside building his business, the young entrepreneur studied at University of California’s Irvine Beckman Laser Institute.

His studies also took him to Stanford where he briefly studied physics.

Russell was awarded a Thiel Fellowship, which is a $100,000 (£74,000) grant awarded by billionaire Peter Thiel to help young people in business.

And now at 25, he became an overnight billionaire by taking his lidar sensor technology company Luminar Technologies onto the NASDAQ exchange.

And as of this week, Forbes estimates Russell’s 104.7 million shares are worth $2.4 billion (£1.78 billion).

He told the magazine: "It's been insanely intense, gruelling... everything through every day that we've had to go through, scaling this up.

"And of course it's incredibly rewarding to have an opportunity to be able to get out there now and get into the public markets and scale through this IPO SPAC.”

He added: "I'm still relatively young, but... a lot of blood, sweat and tears have gone into it.

“And I was fortunate enough to be able to retain a good enough stake."

In an interview with CNBC, Russell added: “It is totally surreal and it totally makes sense and it is hard to explain the dichotomy of it, but this has always been the goal.

“We set up the company to be a long-term sustainable business and power the future of autonomy for all of these automakers. We are in it for the long-term.”
Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/worlds-youngest-self-made-billionaires-23119762
Re: 'World's Youngest' Self-made Billionaire's Amazing Journey To Success At Just 25 by nairalander2020(m): 7:41pm On Dec 08, 2020
hmm
Re: 'World's Youngest' Self-made Billionaire's Amazing Journey To Success At Just 25 by IamD18: 7:51pm On Dec 08, 2020
And I'm here depending on Arsenal to win match before I cash out.

It is well
Re: 'World's Youngest' Self-made Billionaire's Amazing Journey To Success At Just 25 by LikeAking: 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2020
Thats my boy.

So proud of u.

Everything blessed.
Re: 'World's Youngest' Self-made Billionaire's Amazing Journey To Success At Just 25 by jayaim: 1:11am On Dec 09, 2020
Gambling can't make u rich
IamD18:
And I'm here depending on Arsenal to win match before I cash out.

It is well

(1) (Reply)

Help! / Business I Can Do As A Student / Shop With Us At Funky Collections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.