Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Moses Proved The Trinity Correct In The Old Testament - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Moses Proved The Trinity Correct In The Old Testament (681 Views)

The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / The Trinity And Identity Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moses Proved The Trinity Correct In The Old Testament by Truthissupreme: 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2020
The concept of Trinity in Christianity is a central pillar of what makes Christianity.

Some non christian have faulted this theology, in their opinion they ask christians to show explicitly where God says "I am three persons" in the Bible.

This is a naive concept to understanding the Trinity.

God is Almighty and the term Almighty means "he can do all things" however humans being believe they can subject an Almighty to express his litmitless nature with through their limited view.

If a human being for example tells an alien he is human and deals with him as human he doesn't need to tell the alien he is both a soul, body, and spirit (three persons in one) it is the course of interaction that the alien begins to understand the different composition of this human by himself.

If the Human tells him he would find it difficult to comprehend but can comprehend it himself.

Introduction

We can find the evidence of Trinity with the prophets who spent time with God himself.

Through their walk with God they must definitely leave us with the understanding of who God is himself.

Abraham was the first prophet/friend of God, then came Isaac, then came Jacob.

These were the patriarchs but God only revealed himself to Abraham as a friend and with Isaac and Jacob he revealed as the God of their fathers.

Story 1(Walk with God)

Moses was the First major prophet that God revealed his fullness to, so we would examine his walk with God.

Exodus 5:2
And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him "I AM THE LORD" (3) And i appeared unto Abraham unto Isaac and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty but by my name JEHOVAH was i not know to them

(Interpretation: Moses got a better revelation of God even to his personality that would be revealed constantly).

Story 2 (Evidence)

The Children of Jacob(Israel) had been saved by God of Moses from egypt enroute to the promised land where God showed them great signs at the wilderness.

God after performing all his wonders wanted the children of Israel to be witness by themselves that he was with Moses, God didn't send an angel he came by himself to Moses purposely in a pillar of cloud as evidence to the people

Exodus 19:9

And the LORD said unto Moses, lo, i come into thee in a "thick cloud" "that the people may hear when i speak with thee and believe thee for ever".......

Story 3 (The Covenant)

God made a covenant with Israel for the first time in Exodus 23 and immediately after this covenant in Exodus 23:20 he promises to send an angel (more like how Jesus said he would send a spirit)

Exodus 23:20
Behold "i send" an angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which i have prepared.

Exodus 23: 21
"Beware of Him" and obey his voice, "provoke him not for he will not pardon your transgressions" " for my name is in him".

(Interpretation: This "angel" must be very fundamental if he still needs to go with the Israelites despite God been with them, don't provoke him because he is a very important entity that has the power to punish those who sin against him. More like how Jesus said the sin against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven, Actually only God can be sinned against not man nor angel, further more this "angel" has the sacred name of God which is external).

Story 4 (The Angel)

After the promise by God to send this angel we hear for the first time in the account of Moses a conversation with God that begins with "He said".

Before now when ever God spoke to Moses it is reported as "And God said to Moses" or "And the LORD said unto Moses" e.g Exodus 19:9

Exodus 24:1
" And He said unto Moses", come up unto the LORD, thou and Aaron, Nadad and Abihu and Seventy of the elders of Israel and worship ye afar off.

(Interpretation: Who is this "He" talking to Moses to come unto the LORD, These are two distinct personalities here and Moses never received any voice other than God. This "He" is different from the God that speaks to Moses in a cloud, yet he is still God to Moses. He commands Moses to bring men to worship him afar off. This is different from the God that comes in a cloud to Moses alone to give instructions, this is the same God but different attribute that asks up to 70 persons to come up the mountain for worship instead of instructions. In fact i dare say that this was purposely done as a witness by the 70 to this new attribute of God as the first God showed his witness to all).

Story 5 (Encounter with the Holy Spirit)

Moses, Aaron and the 70 elders of Israel went up to the mountain as instructed and "they saw the God of Israel and weren't consumed"

Exodus 24:10
And they saw the God of Israel and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of the heaven in his clearness.

Exodus 24:11
And the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand, also they saw God and did eat and drink.

(Interpretation: Every one of the 70 witnesses including Moses and Aaron agreed that who they saw was the God of Israel).

Story 6 (God And the Holy Spirit).

It becomes distinctively clear that the the God Moses and the 70 elders saw was the God of Israel yet God says no man can see God and live.

Infact there are passages pointing to the incomprehensible nature of the God that comes in cloud versus the God the 70 elders meant (yet it's same God of Israel)

Exodus 33:20
And God said thou can not see my face, for there shall no man see me and live.

Exodus 19:21
And the LORD said unto Moses, go down charge the people, lest they break through unto the LORD to gaze and many of them perish.

(Interpretation: This was the God in the cloud that his presence trembled the people and they were warned could over come them to death if they saw God. But 70 people saw another distintive nature of God).

Story 7 (Moses Begs for the promised One)

Moses is begging God for the promised one, he is pleading for the one the LORD promised to send him.

Exodus 33:12
And Moses said unto the LORD, see thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people and "thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me"......

(Interpretation: Moses despite all the mighty works God has done through him would be the last to doubt God wasn't with him yet he seemed to have realized God and his spirit are distinct entities but one God. He is pleading he can't go without the promised presence. It is clearly understandable why Jesus also insisted on sending this Holy Spirit when he was to leave Earth.)

Story 8 (The Angel is God's Presence)

The Angel promised by God in Exodus 23:20 is the presence of God which is another individual attribute of God himself that Moses and the 70 elders saw.

Exodus 33:14
And "He" said "my presence" shall go with thee and i will give thee rest.

(Interpretation: This "He" is the presence of God himself. Moses begged "God" in Exodus 33:12-13 and was replied by the presence himself which promised to go with him. Question is was God not going with Moses all this while, was it not God that gave him the task himself. Yes God is with Moses but his presence is a distinct God in the Godhead).

Story 9 (The Spirit And God are Two persons in One )

Moses replies the spirit of God that if he doesn't go with him he wouldn't go, the spirit assures Moses of his presence.

Exodus 33:18
And he(Moses) said show me thy glory.

Exodus 33:19
And "He" said, i will make all my goodness pass before thee, and "i will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee, and will be gracious to whom i will be gracious and would show mercy on whom i will show mercy.

(Interpretation: This "He" (Spirit of God) says it would proclaim the name of the LORD (two distinct attributes) and show mercy which only God himself can show).

Conclusion

The Holy Spirit of God is distinctively a member of the God head Trinity and he is God himself.

This revelation didn't begin in the new testament, the founding prophets of the Law and old testament have had relationship with the Holy Spirit before the New testament.

If you can understand the analysis of how the spirit of God and God himself functioned in distintively in harmony and heirarchy with working with Moses then you won't have a problem understanding how Jesus Christ completes a perfect role in the Trinity.

Nowhere in this relationship between God and the Holy Spirit did Moses encounter rancor or confusion, he worshipped one God not two (infact he begged for the fullness of God exemplified by his presence).

Jesus Christ wasn't in any of this encounter with Moses because it wasn't his role, he had a greater role to come play physically in flesh.

Even though other prophets might have had their revelations with him which i would also reveal to you.

My main objective is to make you understand the trinity existed in the old testament with the prophets themselves who didn't have any problem understanding it nor did it contradict their relationship with God

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moses Proved The Trinity Correct In The Old Testament by Janosky: 2:36am On Dec 09, 2020
Truthissupreme:

[s]The concept of Trinity in Christianity is a central pillar of what makes Christianity.

Some non christian have faulted this theology, in their opinion they ask christians to show explicitly where God says "I am three persons" in the Bible.

This is a naive concept to understanding the Trinity.

God is Almighty and the term Almighty means "he can do all things" however humans being believe they can subject an Almighty to express his litmitless nature with through their limited view.

If a human being for example tells an alien he is human and deals with him as human he doesn't need to tell the alien he is both a soul, body, and spirit (three persons in one) it is the course of interaction that the alien begins to understand the different composition of this human by himself.

If the Human tells him he would find it difficult to comprehend but can comprehend it himself.

Introduction

We can find the evidence of Trinity with the prophets who spent time with God himself.

Through their walk with God they must definitely leave us with the understanding of who God is himself.

Abraham was the first prophet/friend of God, then came Isaac, then came Jacob.

These were the patriarchs but God only revealed himself to Abraham as a friend and with Isaac and Jacob he revealed as the God of their fathers.

Story 1(Walk with God)

Moses was the First major prophet that God revealed his fullness to, so we would examine his walk with God.

Exodus 5:2
And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him "I AM THE LORD" (3) And i appeared unto Abraham unto Isaac and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty but by my name JEHOVAH was i not know to them

(Interpretation: Moses got a better revelation of God even to his personality that would be revealed constantly).

Story 2 (Evidence)

The Children of Jacob(Israel) had been saved by God of Moses from egypt enroute to the promised land where God showed them great signs at the wilderness.

God after performing all his wonders wanted the children of Israel to be witness by themselves that he was with Moses, God didn't send an angel he came by himself to Moses purposely in a pillar of cloud as evidence to the people

Exodus 19:9

And the LORD said unto Moses, lo, i come into thee in a "thick cloud" "that the people may hear when i speak with thee and believe thee for ever".......

Story 3 (The Covenant)

God made a covenant with Israel for the first time in Exodus 23 and immediately after this covenant in Exodus 23:20 he promises to send an angel (more like how Jesus said he would send a spirit)

Exodus 23:20
Behold "i send" an angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which i have prepared.

Exodus 23: 21
"Beware of Him" and obey his voice, "provoke him not for he will not pardon your transgressions" " for my name is in him".

(Interpretation: This "angel" must be very fundamental if he still needs to go with the Israelites despite God been with them, don't provoke him because he is a very important entity that has the power to punish those who sin against him. More like how Jesus said the sin against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven, Actually only God can be sinned against not man nor angel, further more this "angel" has the sacred name of God which is external).

Story 4 (The Angel)

After the promise by God to send this angel we hear for the first time in the account of Moses a conversation with God that begins with "He said".

Before now when ever God spoke to Moses it is reported as "And God said to Moses" or "And the LORD said unto Moses" e.g Exodus 19:9

Exodus 24:1
" And He said unto Moses", come up unto the LORD, thou and Aaron, Nadad and Abihu and Seventy of the elders of Israel and worship ye afar off.

(Interpretation: Who is this "He" talking to Moses to come unto the LORD, These are two distinct personalities here and Moses never received any voice other than God. This "He" is different from the God that speaks to Moses in a cloud, yet he is still God to Moses. He commands Moses to bring men to worship him afar off. This is different from the God that comes in a cloud to Moses alone to give instructions, this is the same God but different attribute that asks up to 70 persons to come up the mountain for worship instead of instructions. In fact i dare say that this was purposely done as a witness by the 70 to this new attribute of God as the first God showed his witness to all).

Story 5 (Encounter with the Holy Spirit)

Moses, Aaron and the 70 elders of Israel went up to the mountain as instructed and "they saw the God of Israel and weren't consumed"

Exodus 24:10
And they saw the God of Israel and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of the heaven in his clearness.

Exodus 24:11
And the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand, also they saw God and did eat and drink.

(Interpretation: Every one of the 70 witnesses including Moses and Aaron agreed that who they saw was the God of Israel).

Story 6 (God And the Holy Spirit).

It becomes distinctively clear that the the God Moses and the 70 elders saw was the God of Israel yet God says no man can see God and live.

Infact there are passages pointing to the incomprehensible nature of the God that comes in cloud versus the God the 70 elders meant (yet it's same God of Israel)

Exodus 33:20
And God said thou can not see my face, for there shall no man see me and live.

Exodus 19:21
And the LORD said unto Moses, go down charge the people, lest they break through unto the LORD to gaze and many of them perish.

(Interpretation: This was the God in the cloud that his presence trembled the people and they were warned could over come them to death if they saw God. But 70 people saw another distintive nature of God).

Story 7 (Moses Begs for the promised One)

Moses is begging God for the promised one, he is pleading for the one the LORD promised to send him.

Exodus 33:12
And Moses said unto the LORD, see thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people and "thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me"......

(Interpretation: Moses despite all the mighty works God has done through him would be the last to doubt God wasn't with him yet he seemed to have realized God and his spirit are distinct entities but one God. He is pleading he can't go without the promised presence. It is clearly understandable why Jesus also insisted on sending this Holy Spirit when he was to leave Earth.)

Story 8 (The Angel is God's Presence)

The Angel promised by God in Exodus 23:20 is the presence of God which is another individual attribute of God himself that Moses and the 70 elders saw.

Exodus 33:14
And "He" said "my presence" shall go with thee and i will give thee rest.

(Interpretation: This "He" is the presence of God himself. Moses begged "God" in Exodus 33:12-13 and was replied by the presence himself which promised to go with him. Question is was God not going with Moses all this while, was it not God that gave him the task himself. Yes God is with Moses but his presence is a distinct God in the Godhead).

Story 9 (The Spirit And God are Two persons in One )

Moses replies the spirit of God that if he doesn't go with him he wouldn't go, the spirit assures Moses of his presence.

Exodus 33:18
And he(Moses) said show me thy glory.

Exodus 33:19
And "He" said, i will make all my goodness pass before thee, and "i will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee, and will be gracious to whom i will be gracious and would show mercy on whom i will show mercy.

(Interpretation: This "He" (Spirit of God) says it would proclaim the name of the LORD (two distinct attributes) and show mercy which only God himself can show).

Conclusion

The Holy Spirit of God is distinctively a member of the God head Trinity and he is God himself.

This revelation didn't begin in the new testament, the founding prophets of the Law and old testament have had relationship with the Holy Spirit before the New testament.

If you can understand the analysis of how the spirit of God and God himself functioned in distintively in harmony and heirarchy with working with Moses then you won't have a problem understanding how Jesus Christ completes a perfect role in the Trinity.

Nowhere in this relationship between God and the Holy Spirit did Moses encounter rancor or confusion, he worshipped one God not two (infact he begged for the fullness of God exemplified by his presence).

Jesus Christ wasn't in any of this encounter with Moses because it wasn't his role, he had a greater role to come play physically in flesh.

Even though other prophets might have had their revelations with him which i would also reveal to you.

My main objective is to make you understand the trinity existed in the old testament with the prophets themselves who didn't have any problem understanding it nor did it contradict their relationship with God
[/s]
Fraud na Fraud.
No Hebrew or Jew accepts the jargon the Original Poster typed there.

Na wash !
Re: Moses Proved The Trinity Correct In The Old Testament by Regene2020: 6:38am On Dec 09, 2020
Janosky:

Fraud na Fraud.

Na wash !
I expected you to engage the topic with a brain not this.

You quoted a whole write up just to express your insecurity about what Jews accept.

Is your faith dependent on what Jews believe?

Op this is refreshing

1 Like

Re: Moses Proved The Trinity Correct In The Old Testament by jamesid29(m): 9:34am On Dec 09, 2020
Janosky:

Fraud na Fraud.

Na wash !
Actually sir, Jews did believe that God is more complex than we would like to think and they did believe in atleast two powers in heaven but still one God up untill sometime around the second century AD thereabout.
We know this by looking at writings that were floating around during the intertestament period and even the Jewish Targums(Aramaic translation of the Hebrew Bible).These writings have given us a glimpse into the Jewish mindset during this period and what they believed. The idea of a plurality within the Personhood of God (Yahweh but at the same time also distinct from Yahweh) is not a Christian invention.
Ofcourse none of this writings have a fully developed theology on the complexity of the Personhood of God like the New testament authors but we can begin to see the ground work from which the New testament springboards from.

A good book to read that traces early rabbinic literature reflecting on the Hebrew Bible on the complexity of the Divine in ancient Judaism and it's widespread believe in the first century is "Two Powers in Heaven by Alan Segal(Jewish scholar and professor of Religion and Jewish studies)".
Another book that might interest you on the topic is
"The Bodies of God and the World of Ancient Israel by Benjamin D. Sommer(Jewish scholar and professor of Ancient Semitic Languages)". This one mainly traces the concept from the ancient Near Eastern perception of divinity and it's intersection with ancient Israelite understanding. I would like to add that if you don't have a bit of background in Ancient Near Eastern religions, higher criticism(& its flaws) and the nature of inspiration, this book might shake you a bit(maybe not, I don't know) but as long as you hold on to Christ, I believe you would be fine.

There are many other works by Christian and Jewish scholars that have traced this history but I would recommend this two for a start because they are written from a purely ancient Jewish perspective, are a bit accessible to read for both Christians & Jews and are not in anyway biased towards the Christian faith as they are both written by adherents of Judaism(Sommer even argues a bit against it) .

The question in the first century wouldn't have been, " how can this man be God, when there's only one God in heaven?" ; It would more have been "Can this man , the son of a carpenter that we all know from his childhood truly be the God of Israel? Could he really be the physical embodiment of Yahweh?".
That would have been the question (atleast by some Jews, because contrary to popular belief, just like Christianity with its different sects and denominations there wasn't just one strand of Judaism. A few we know; eg the Pharisees, Sadducee, the Essene, the zealots etc, each with a couple of doctrinal differences and beliefs but held together by faith in Yahweh and the authority of the scriptures; not everyone believed the same thing on every issue).

(1) (Reply)

List Of Year 2021 Prophecies Released By Nigerian Pastors - Christiangospel TV / Anyone With Experience On 21 Days Fast / Reno Omokri: "You Are Satanic" If You Sleep With A Girl You're Not Married To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.