Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,273 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? (13571 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? / The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. / What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by uthlaw: 11:23am On Dec 13, 2020
ccount1929:
link your family members to it!
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by mabea: 11:33am On Dec 13, 2020
CalliDora1:

Where is the lie in what I said now? Youve simply described further in details what the Sabbath is all about while I simply explained how the Sabbath is not meant to control or put man under any kind of bondage. So how did I lie?

Don't just mind him. He's even wrong, Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath as he wrongly stated.

1 Like

Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by MrToothBrush: 11:37am On Dec 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

He Means, He is God Even Over the Sabbath! The One Who Gave the Law of the Sabbath!

Lord of the Sabbath
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by macrodata(m): 11:37am On Dec 13, 2020
If after watching this video, you don't understand what Jesus meant then by Lord of the Sabbath, forget it. You will find more useful information here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFTLvkB3JLM
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by MuttleyLaff: 11:59am On Dec 13, 2020
Bodydiialect57:
Thanks for the mention, MuttleyLaff.

Jesus Christ made it clear especially to the hypocritical and legalistic Pharisees, that He was greater and above the law of Moses that instituted the Sabbath. He is Lord over all things created, in heaven, on earth and even beneath the earth. As creator, Jesus Christ was the Lord of the Sabbath and the creator is always and above His creation.
"The Sabbath was made for man,
not man for the Sabbath
"
- Mark 2:27

Gbam! Bodydiialect57 chop knuckle!!

Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, as the Owner, Creator, Designer, Maker, Architect, Founder, Originator of Sabbath (i.e. rest) has autonomy, the final say, the last word, any end decision about the intricacies of Sabbath more than the hypocritical and legalistic "Far-i-see" or "Far-to-see" Pharisees

Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, in Mark 2:27 above, was teaching the principle about the Sabbath rest, that it was instituted to relieve man of his labors, just as He came to relieve us of our attempting to achieve salvation by our works.

As it is now, we no longer rest for only one day, but we forever stop our laboring to attain God’s favor by ourself, by our own works and/or by our own righteousness/merit. Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, is our Sabbath, our rest from works now, just as He is the door to heaven, where we will find rest, in Him and forever.

chibjohn:
The law of Moses didn't institute the Sabbath
You can say that again. Dont!
Of course, the Sabbath (i.e. rest), predates the law of Moses. Whatever the polysemous sabbath is, they each all predate the law of Moses, lmso

chibjohn:
The Sabbath was instituted by God after creation.
Why would God institute The Sabbath, immediately after the first leg of creation? Simples, read on for it

chibjohn:
God rested on the seventh day and blessed it.
Why did God rest and blessed rest

MuttleyLaff:
"Then Jesus declared,
“The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.
(i.e. The Sabbath was made to meet the needs of people,
and not people to meet the requirements of the Sabbath)
"
- Mark 2:27

Mark 2:23-27, contextually, even shows how our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, Jesus Christ, explains, that God did not have the Sabbath and then man to serve this day. That, the Sabbath, actually and/or in the first place, was made to serve man and to be for his/her benefit, as well, as being. Our bodies are not concrete, cement nor wood. We need to rest, so to regain expended strength and power so to manage and/or maintain our health, well-being and wellness. The other truth of the whole Sabbath matter, is that God didnt necessarily have to rest, but He, leading by example, did.

He acted in this way, to show us how to act. Left to us, we will work round the clock, running and chasing after money until we run ourselves down, run out of steam and then unceremoniously fall to the ground and prematurely, just like that, drop dead. You dont lead, "thou shall not... thou shall keep my ...," by lip service, you lead, by example.

The "lead by example," is not the main thing, in positively influencing us, it is the only thing. Leading by example is the most powerful advice you can give to anyone, and so after the sixth day, God rested on the seventh

"Let no man disturb you about food or about drink or in the distinctions of feasts and beginnings of months and Sabbaths,
(i.e. Let no man therefore judge you in food, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days)
"
- Colossians 2:16

"And after the sabbaths, it being dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb."
- Matthew 28:1

Now, my two beloved, lovingly dear loggerhead with each other brothers shadeyinka and blueAgent, locking horns on the matter of when is Sabbath in regards to being Saturday, Sunday or whatever day, let me draw an image to conjure up a picture in your minds to illustrate, whats going on here.

I remember, when young and growing up as a child or kid, lights out, was 9pm or 21:00 hours. This means, whether, I feel like it or do not, whether I want to or do not, it meant it was bedtime. It was not open to discussion, no debates, no arguments, it just was not negotiable other than I have to be in bed by 9pm or 21:00 hours, BUT, guess what, when I finally came of age, when I transitioned from childhood to adulthood, when I have developed completely, reached maturity and flown the nest, I didnt necessarily have to stick to that 9pm or 21:00 hours lights out and the bedtime seemingly unarbitrary order, lmso.

The 9pm or 21:00 hours lights out and bedtime, seemingly unarbitrary order, lol, was made for me and my siblings, not my siblings and I for the 9pm or 21:00 hours lights out and bedtime, seemingly unarbitrary order. It was a laid down rule, set there for our needs, not us for its needs. Our needs, like for example, to refreshen our tired bodies, you of course, know when we were kids, how full of beans and/or energy we are, growing up, jumping up here and there, rolling and runnning up all over the place, tumbling down the hill etcetera.

The long and short of the nolstagic story, is that, now that we are grown, now that we've matured in sense, wisdom and become disciplined. sometimes we go to bed before 9pm or 21:00 hours, after 9pm or 21:00 hours, at 9pm or 21:00 hours and surprisingly, maybe with lights on, lol. The reality now, is that the hard and fast rule is no more there. At my age, it is now flexible, is what Colossians 2:16 above is saying, and no man can judge me for when and how I choose to have my rest (i.e. sabbath)

By the way, the plural sabbath in Colossians 2:16 and Matthew 28:1 above, is not talking about the seventh day rest but all days of rest which includes the seventh day (i.e. Saturday). There are sabbaths that dont fall on the Saturday, but actually do fall during the week and/or in mid week.

What are we saying here then? What is the point made here? It is that, the time is coming, indeed it’s here now, when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship Him that way (i.e. John 4:23) For God has qualified us and made us competent as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter, but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life (i.e. 2 Corinthians 3:6)

Another quick one, before I close on this. I confidently, am sure, each one of you knows about the implication of double solid white lines on our roads. You know about obeying the letter of the double solid white lines law behind it. What of, when to obey the spirit of the double solid white lines law?

... There are two kinds of light, the glow that illuminates, sheds light upon something for people to clearly see and the glare that obscures because people squint and shut their eyes, as the truth is too harsh for their eyes to see with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by MuttleyLaff: 11:59am On Dec 13, 2020
jumper524:
see how peaceful this tread is going with no muslim intruder trying to insult christianity.
but If it were muslim related tread now ehhn. we would have seen people who would still take oath to come and insult islam
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-bb81ab7ea10d.gif[/img]
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Bellotelli: 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2020
Whatever law is made for man shouldn't be made above the his interest and should not be to his detriment.. Therefore every man is lord over the law.
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2020
TheWalkingMind:
Be talking in the rubbish.

Jesus didn't speak to Moses.

Exodus 4:4- "and The Lord said unto Moses,..."

Leviticus 17, 18, 19:1's- "And The Lord spake unto Moses, saying,"

The word is "The Lord"!
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Myer(m): 12:27pm On Dec 13, 2020
Preciousgirl:

Mark 2:23-24,27-28

[23]Now it happened that He went through the grainfields on the Sabbath; and as they went His disciples began to pluck the heads of grain.

[24]And the Pharisees said to Him, “Look, why do they do what is not lawful on the Sabbath?”

[27]And He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.

[28]Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.”

What did Jesus mean by this? Thank you

Well, it simply proves that the bible contradicts itself.

God himself gave the laws to moses that the sabbath should be sacrosanct.

Yet Jesus broke the same laws only to claim his lordship over the sabbath.

Hence the confusion in christianity where several denominations don't worship on Saturdays but decided to choose Sunday as their sabbath.

Also why so many Christian's dont feel the need to go to church anymore.
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:37pm On Dec 13, 2020
Aloba05:

Jesus is Lord over death and he was killed according to your bible and believe, that is contradictory, well...

How do you Prove that you are Fire Resistant?

You enter into the fire and come out!

So also, did The Lord to death, For to show us that He is Lord Over Death, First He showed us that Death was his servant, by Commanding Death to bring forth the person it had in its possession.

Then to increase the Standard and our Confidence, The Lord Also went into it and Came Out, To Show Us that it is Nothing and we should not fear it, If We Follow Him, For Death is His servant!

And therefore, The Lord Over Death!

1 Like

Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Telm56: 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2020
The explanation is staring us in the face if we can reason exactly how Jesus wanted the Pharisees to reason.

He said the Sabbath was made for man and not Man for the Sabbath, therefore he the Son of Man is also the Lord of Sabbath.

What Jesus was trying to say is that even though there’s a law against working on Sabbath, the Law was made for Men and not Men for the law therefore, describing himself as a “ Son of Man” , being the Lord of Sabbath.

It simply means, as men, we are the Lord of Sabbath, as the day was created for us and not us for that day, we can decide what to do on that day.

Hence his reason for standing behind his disciples.
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2020
UsmanBabaIdris:

Is there a biblical evidence for that?
A number of people (12 or more) invading a farm, is enough to depreciate the farm even if they didn't take anything away!

Beside, what made you people to ignore such a good custom, and see burning of thieves as something normal?

This is the Evidence and The Law.

Leviticus 19:9-10
"9 And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest.

10 And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the Lord your God.

So, No Stealing here as Tcwork told you, rather it is Provision for the poor and the stranger!

1 Like

Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by odudueffiom(m): 12:55pm On Dec 13, 2020
simple...he decides what to do on Sabbath n not vice versa
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2020
Myer:

God himself gave the laws to moses that the sabbath should be sacrosanct.

Yet Jesus broke the same laws only to claim his lordship over the sabbath.

No Law has No Power over The Maker of it. The Power of The Law falls on those who are less than it.

Hence, The Lord, Who created The Law of the Sabbath, can not be expected to obey it or bound by it, it is for us, lesser people.

Just as a father commands "Everyone should be in the house by 10pm", Surely, that Commandment does not and cannot affect him. And he can come back at 12:30pm if he desires but no child can do so without Consequences!

1 Like

Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by mountmoriah(m): 1:22pm On Dec 13, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Lord means Owner!
So what led to this statement?
Because the context will help us a lot to grasp why Jesus uttered the statement.
Jesus is the promised Messiah that all Israelites have been expecting right from the day Moses told them that God will raise up another prophet like himself amongst the Israelites and they must listen to him! Deuteronomy 18:15-18
Moses was the mediator of the covenant which brought about the Sabbath day so Jesus is the mediator that will bring about another covenant that's different from the one God established with the Israelites in the wilderness! Jeremiah 31:31-34
The Jews were trying to teach Jesus how the Sabbath should be kept holy whereas Jesus is the promised Messiah Moses warned them not to argue with!
Jesus' comment here means You people want to keep the Sabbath which was established to help you worship God acceptably, but i am the promised Messiah that will lead you to God without all those laws that you're carrying like loads of burden. Matthew 11:28-30 compared to Romans 10:1-4

So Jesus is the owner or master (Lord) of the subject "Pure Worship or Way to God" {John 14:6} the main reason why the Sabbath was established!
No matter what form of worship this people hold so dear before his arrival, Jesus is the chosen one to teach them the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of all what the prophets and laws have been teaching them right from Moses till John the baptist! Matthew 22:40
May you have PEACE! smiley

Amen
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:32pm On Dec 13, 2020
UsmanBabaIdris:
From the foregoing, I surprisingly observe that you people just freely interpret the Bible the way you feel like, with no clear agreement on the actual statement. Its means the words of Jesus are highly misunderstood or he never made such statement!
You should be awed instead at the freedom of knowledge and ideas that the Christian enjoy from the reading of the Bible.
The mind is opened and all ideas are tested.
Indeed they are not like mules forced to the river to drink or behave in one way or the other.
Rather, they are freeborn and free men using their God-given intellect to divide the word of truth.
Won't you just wish to be a part of it?
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
jumper524:
see how peaceful this tread is going with no muslim intruder trying to insult christianity.
but If it were muslim related tread now ehhn. we would have seen people who would still take oath to come and insult islam
There is one just above you sir, who, instead of drinking from the deep well of knowledge and mystery God has bequeathed to man chose to insult and deride that which he has no knowledge of and seems above him in understanding.
Pity
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Myer(m): 1:49pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

No Law has No Power over The Maker of it. The Power of The Law falls on those who are less than it.

Hence, The Lord, Who created The Law of the Sabbath, can not be expected to obey it or bound by it, it is for us, lesser people.

Just as a father commands "Everyone should be in the house by 10pm", Surely, that Commandment does not and cannot affect him. And he can come back at 12:30pm if he desires but no child can do so without Consequences!

Well, apparently we're on the same page.

Meaning those who accused him of breaking the law were simply doing as he instructed them.

The only difference is while he believed he is the same God that instructed them, they didn't. But who can blame them? They never knew their generation would be the lucky generation to see God in the flesh.lol
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:49pm On Dec 13, 2020
UsmanBabaIdris:

As for me, I find no justification for plundering of peoples farm, whether it is on sabbath or not. It is THEFT and no moral teacher will support that from his followers. Unless you want us to believe Jesus support stealing and plundering of peoples properties!

Oh deep and big the shame. Among the gathering of knowledge, ignorance was also found. And among those who had received the light in their minds, the dull at heart will also make an appearance!!
A short story if you please.
The first time my family went to our newly built country home in Ibadan. My father kept an orchard on one part of the land. While my brothers and I played in the orchard, we noticed a group of boys throwing sticks at the orange tree, their aim was towards the fruits overreaching the fence.
We were angry and sought to remonstrate with the boys for stealing what obviously "does not belong to them". Luckily enough, my dad was drawn to the argument and called us back only to educate us that any part of a tree which hangs over the owners fence or land border was regarded as belonging to all and free for consumption.
This story is without prejudice to the education you received about Jewish communality and community spirit which if you had any inkling of you wouldn't have rushed to denigrate.
I can see the owner of the maize farm laughing at your ignorance!! cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
UsmanBabaIdris:

Your type give us the belief that an average christian knew nothing about God, and could not differentiate between God and Jesus. Simply put, THE GOD OF CHRISTIANITY IS NOT DEFINED!

If Jesus is the God Almighty (Jehovah) as you claim, Who was Jesus worshipping throughout his life on earth?;
Who was Jesus referring to God and Father, as found in many places of the Bible?;
Who was in control of the universe for the three days that Jesus is supposed to be dead in the tomb?

You are just in clear confusion! Even the Jehovah witness cult don't believe Jesus is the Jehovah!
Better read the bible with a clear eye and mind, and stop being a fool in this century, or you will just make Christianity an object of mockery!

But you already believe God cannot have a son.
Whereas I am a son of God

3 Likes

Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:56pm On Dec 13, 2020
UsmanBabaIdris:

Is there a biblical evidence for that?
A number of people (12 or more) invading a farm, is enough to depreciate the farm even if they didn't take anything away!

Beside, what made you people to ignore such a good custom, and see burning of thieves as something normal?
Why cry more than the bereaved? Has the owner of the farm complained to you?
If the custom is good as you claim why denigrate it then. A thief is a thief. Terrorism is much worse though.

1 Like

Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Softenergy(m): 1:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jesus was talking about a future sabbath of 1000 years.

Mark 2:27, 28: “[Jesus] went on to say to them: ‘The sabbath came into existence for the sake of man, and not man for the sake of the sabbath; hence the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath.’”

Jesus knew that Jehovah had instituted the Sabbath as a sign between God and Israel, and that it was meant to bring them relief from their labors. Jesus also was aware that his own death would provide the basis for setting aside the Mosaic Law as having found its fulfillment in him. He appreciated that the Law, with its sabbath requirement, provided “a shadow of the good things to come.” (Heb. 10:1; Col. 2:16, 17) In connection with those “good things” there is a “sabbath” of which he is to be Lord.

As Lord of lords, Christ will rule all the earth for a thousand years. (Rev. 19:16; 20:6; Ps. 2:6-cool While on earth, Jesus mercifully performed some of his most amazing works of healing on the Sabbath, thus demonstrating the kind of relief that he will bring to people out of all nations during his Millennial Reign. (Luke 13:10-13; John 5:5-9; 9:1-14) Those who appreciate the real meaning of the Sabbath will have opportunity also to benefit from that “sabbath” rest.

Note: Sad to say that many professed Christians knew only about the so-called 7th-day sabbath, there are also 7th years sabbath, 50th years sabbath
More knowledge about all the sabbath laws head to

www.jw.org search sabbath

The question remains, ; Are Christians under the laws of Mosaic Sabbath keeping?
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by femi4: 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2020
Preciousgirl:

Mark 2:23-24,27-28

[23]Now it happened that He went through the grainfields on the Sabbath; and as they went His disciples began to pluck the heads of grain.

[24]And the Pharisees said to Him, “Look, why do they do what is not lawful on the Sabbath?”

[27]And He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.

[28]Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.”

What did Jesus mean by this? Thank you
Sabbath was created for man and not otherwise.

Another reason to justify his existence before creation.

In other words: I was there when Sabbath was created and the motive was not just to single out a day not to work but most importantly to do the right thing even on the SABBATH day

Jesus debunked claims by the pharasees that the ultimate reason for having a SABBATH day is rest/not to work.

But the ultimate reason is to keep it HOLY
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2020
UsmanBabaIdris:

Sorry for your state brother!
God actually exist, but you have been made to perceive it from a wrong direction. Christianity has turned many peoples to Atheism and Secularism, because its doctrines and the bible has failed ordinary reasons and humanity! Remember that the west only start advancing when it forcefully separate itself from the church.

My only advice to you is to be bold and studied other religions as well. Go and search for God in other religions until you find satisfaction. I know many people of blind faith will try to pull you back, but don't be discouraged.

I pray may God, in his infinite mercy, guide you to the right path!

You would prefer he finds such religion that will bid him strap a bomb on himself and kill others I guess. Do you hate him so much?
I would like to see some other people separate themselves from their religion as well. Perhaps we may then be able to spend billions on starving peoples all over the world instead of spending such monies on fighting terrorism.
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2020
Aloba05:

Jesus is Lord over death and he was killed according to your bible and believe, that is contradictory, well...what Jesus is saying is very simple, it means Sabbath is created for HUMANS and not otherwise, so do not attach important to such day as if they are deities
He allowed himself to be killed so that your wretched soul could be saved.
Well, he conquered death in the grave. So your question is meaningless in truth.

1 Like

Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:08pm On Dec 13, 2020
Myer:

Well, apparently we're on the same page.

Meaning those who accused him of breaking the law were simply doing as he instructed them.

The only difference is while he believed he is the same God that instructed them, they didn't. But who can blame them? They never knew their generation would be the lucky generation to see God in the flesh.lol

grin
However He saw that they have perverted The Law in that though they were saying keep the Sabbath, it was however not the same keep the Sabbath which God gave.

For the Sabbath is a Day of Joy, happiness, Rest, Laughter, and Everything that is Good, not for Deprivation of the hungry and shunning of Peoples, Doings of Wickedness.
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by MightySparrow: 2:28pm On Dec 13, 2020
He is the Sabbath itself.
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Tcwork: 2:49pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

This is the Evidence and The Law.

Leviticus 19:9-10
"9 And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest.

10 And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the Lord your God.

So, No Stealing here as Tcwork told you, rather it is Provision for the poor and the stranger!
Cool.. I believe that does it. Thanks
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:50pm On Dec 13, 2020
Tcwork:
Cool.. I believe that does it. Thanks

You're welcome!
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by Acehart: 3:35pm On Dec 13, 2020
UsmanBabaIdris:

Your type give us the belief that an average christian knew nothing about God, and could not differentiate between God and Jesus. Simply put, THE GOD OF CHRISTIANITY IS NOT DEFINED!

If Jesus is the God Almighty (Jehovah) as you claim, Who was Jesus worshipping throughout his life on earth?;
Who was Jesus referring to God and Father, as found in many places of the Bible?;
Who was in control of the universe for the three days that Jesus is supposed to be dead in the tomb?

You are just in clear confusion! Even the Jehovah witness cult don't believe Jesus is the Jehovah!
Better read the bible with a clear eye and mind, and stop being a fool in this century, or you will just make Christianity an object of mockery!

Why did the demons ask Jesus to send them into the herd of pigs?

1 Like

Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by TheWalkingMind: 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Exodus 4:4- "and The Lord said unto Moses,..."

Leviticus 17, 18, 19:1's- "And The Lord spake unto Moses, saying,"

The word ies "The Lord"!
And that translates to Jesus?

You need help
Re: Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? by TheWalkingMind: 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
Acehart:

Why did the demons ask Jesus to send them into the herd of pigs?
He never told us. Maybe you can.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities / Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? / Why Does God Not Heal/help Like He Promised?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.