Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Inverter Mistake Kindly Help Me Out.. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Inverter Mistake Kindly Help Me Out.. (737 Views)

My Experience With Blord's Famous App (worst Mistake) Screenshots / Kindly Recommend A Good Router For A Rural Area With Poor Network Signal / CHEAP TECH SALES: Kindly Check The List Below for What You Would Like To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inverter Mistake Kindly Help Me Out.. by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 09, 2020

Guys I made a terrible mistake. I bought an inverter instead of a ups. 200ah battery and 800va inverter etc.. everything was set up, untill nepa took light, my desktop just went off. I was shocked..it took my inverter 5 seconds to turn back up. Of course it won't be enough to keep my desktop running. So I want to buy ups, I read through quora that ups is also inverter and it won't work or charge my ups battery.. I use sinewave battery.. please I want to know if anyone has successfully used ups with inverter, which type of ups..I just need my desktop to be running immediately there is a power cut..thanks

Re: Inverter Mistake Kindly Help Me Out.. by Demmtek(m): 10:40am On Dec 09, 2020
Get bluegate or Apc UPS, then get external battery charger for the battery
The UPS should be around 1kva or so
But why not get your inverter fix instead of spending much on the UPS and charger
Re: Inverter Mistake Kindly Help Me Out.. by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 09, 2020
Demmtek:
Get bluegate or Apc UPS, then get external battery charger for the battery
The UPS should be around 1kva or so
But why not get your inverter fix instead of spending much on the UPS and charger
no, my inverter is new. There is nothing wrong with it, I thought inverters can switch as fast as ups. I didn't know it takes time ones nepa goes off. I don't use solar with the inverter.when there is nepa the inverter is on standby charging naw, only kicks in when they take off light
Re: Inverter Mistake Kindly Help Me Out.. by whisp3r(m): 9:35pm On Dec 09, 2020
I'm surprised your inverter didn't kick in immediately. I have a 1.5kva Luminous inverter with 2x200ah batteries.

Immediately NEPA light goes off it kicks in automatically.

The way it's setup is that the inverter is always switched on and the changeover is always on Inverter/Nepa. This way you're using the inverter always.

When there is light, it charges automatically and supplies the house NEPA light. When the light goes off, it switches to inverter mode immediately.
You can always stop this by switching the inverter off.

If the inverter is turned off, your apartment uses NEPA light then when the light goes off, you would have to manually switch the inverter on.

If your inverter has a delay in it, then this kind of setup won't work.

UPS works on inverter. I have a bluegate UPS. I don't recommend this as it will kill your inverter battery faster.

From my experience, Electronics that use rechargeable batteries(LEAD ACID) tends to weaken inverter batteries and consume more power.

I observed this with my UPS and rechargeable fan
Re: Inverter Mistake Kindly Help Me Out.. by dragnet: 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
Henrymorre:

Guys I made a terrible mistake. I bought an inverter instead of a ups. 200ah battery and 800va inverter etc.. everything was set up, untill nepa took light, my desktop just went off. I was shocked..it took my inverter 5 seconds to turn back up. Of course it won't be enough to keep my desktop running. So I want to buy ups, I read through quora that ups is also inverter and it won't work or charge my ups battery.. I use sinewave battery.. please I want to know if anyone has successfully used ups with inverter, which type of ups..I just need my desktop to be running immediately there is a power cut..thanks

what's the brand of your inverter?

read the manual, most inverters have ups mode.
Re: Inverter Mistake Kindly Help Me Out.. by oblo(m): 6:51am On Dec 10, 2020
There is most probably a switch where you activate ups mode on that Inverter.

Read the manual as earlier suggested.

Most inverters have ups modes except your is a different configuration.
Re: Inverter Mistake Kindly Help Me Out.. by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 10, 2020
dragnet:

what's the brand of your inverter?

read the manual, most inverters have ups mode.
thanks. that suddenly fixed it cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Google Pixel 3xl 128gb 90k / Brand New Iphone SE 2020 128GB White *SoLD* / Locally Fabricated Ovens And Popcorn Machines For Sale In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.