Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,444 members, 7,830,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria (15322 Views)

Soot, Fire Outbreaks: RSG Seeks Citizens Synergy To End Illegal Refineries / Uche Ogah: Private Jets Used For Gold Smuggling / Shehu Sani Speaks On Drugs Smuggling In Saudi Arabia & 'Execution Penalty' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by sholay4star: 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2020
Omo, they will soon set efcc to go after him.
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by Poyyt: 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2020
It is well
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by kikake: 5:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
Vyzz:
A welcome development...

Only if they will enforce it...

Even Kalu himself knows that it is not going to be enforced. He was dancing to the gallery of descendants of Othman Danfodio as usual.
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by endsarrrs(f): 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
Help him to execute
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by irepnaija4eva(m): 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
isthatso:
Nigerians like to talk nonsense, $9b ko $9B ni. South Africa the worlds capital of gold mining using industrial mining methods and the might of fortune 500 companies only exports $3B of gold a year. Is it Artisan miners with basket and sieve that will be realising $9b a year in this Nigeria?

I can bet you all the gold they are mining currently is less than $50m a year.....if that!

That said Illegal mining should be tackled.

Bro $50m in todays exchange of 478 rate is
N239 000 000 000.

Now imagine a state mining such amount every 3months
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
irepnaija4eva:

N239 000 000 000.

$50m is a long way from $9B, thats all I'm saying. Our uninformed politicians should stop talking anyhow. Like i said tackling illegal mining is a good thing.
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2020
Retired generals are in charge of illegal minings. It'll be hard to stop. A try ain't bad though

2 Likes

Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by Babaken(m): 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dovegrey:

Bleep you
tell your father the truth if he is one of them.
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by irepnaija4eva(m): 5:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
isthatso:

$50m is a long way from $9B, thats all I'm saying. Our uninformed politicians should stop talking anyhow. Like i said tackling illegal mining is a good thing.

I get ur point.. But i think his over exaggerated figure was to motivate their curiosity and push for the implementation of the notion..
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by twutin1: 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
But Nigeria is in debt to China

Rugaria:
The Chinese will come to Nigeria and be heavily involved in illegal mining?? They will be arrested and then be released!? Chai! When Nigerians are dying in their jails for just Imigration issues? Try illegal mining in China and have your organs harvested! We play too much in this crooked country..

1 Like

Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by Nchenches: 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
Fahdiga1:
When will they grant the south south the power to control their own resources or when will the south south man up and demand for resource control or are they afraid of their Fulani masters

SS people sold their mineral resources in 1967 when some of SS UNWISE ELDERS traveled to Kaduna and begged the then governor of northern region, Hassan Katsina, to beg then HoS, Yakubu Gowon, to carve out the non-Igbo speaking parts of the old eastern region away from Biafra.

Gowon quickly agreed and created Cross Rivers and Rivers state out of Biafra.

That largely led to defeat of Biafra.

Immediately after, northern soldiers and civilians colonized oil wells worth billions of dollars in the SS.

Have SS people learnt lessons even till today?

1 Like

Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2020
Fahdiga1:
When will they grant the south south the power to control their own resources or when will the south south man up and demand for resource control or are they afraid of their Fulani masters

The south south I know are more interested in claiming they don't carry last meanwhile dem no see anything carry for oil well wey dey their backyard o.

The south south I know are more interested in claiming the ipob are looking for their oil other than freedom. The prefer to live in shanties while their oil is used to develop Abuja, the northerners will select few people from there and bribe them with juicy positions, others who make noise will be hanged like Saro Wiwa.

South south una good morning o

2 Likes

Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by low2high: 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2020
NORTHERN NIGERIA has been secretly mining their minerals with a spirit of NOT WANTING TO SHARE MONEY TO OTHER REGIONS.

It was with the strict connivance with their government in the north.

They still collect federal allocation money sourced from crude oil money and lagos state vat.

CHOP AND CLEAN MOUTH ATTITUDE.

Lets focus on Agriculture and the epileptic power supply.

At least investing in Agriculture will bring down the cost of food in the market.
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by pat077: 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2020
isthatso:
Nigerians like to talk nonsense, $9b ko $9B ni. South Africa the capital of gold mining using industrial mining methods and the might of fortune 500 companies only exports $3B of gold a year. Is it Artisan miners with basket and sieve that will be realising $9b a year in this Nigeria?

I can bet you all the gold they are mining currently is less than $50m a year.....if that, I will be surprised if it is even up to $10m!

"Newmont Corporation, based in Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States, is the world's largest gold mining company.[3] Incorporated in 1921, it has ownership of gold mines in Nevada, Colorado, Ontario, Quebec, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Australia, Ghana, Argentina, Peru, and Suriname" It's total revenue from all it's operations in 11 countries is $9b and it's in Nigeria that artisan miners like Lamidi in Ilesha and Abu in Zamfara with cutlass and hoe and generating $9B? is okay o!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newmont_Corporation

they like throwing figures around like say na mumu them dey talk to
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by RealityShot: 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2020
Later the northerners we say that is groundnut money that was used to build the of industry in Nigeria!

Now we know they have been getting more than groundnut money...

BTW, when will we start taxing Northern farmers?
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by kunkelhanspeter(m): 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2020
Fahdiga1:
What do you expect from Cowards who keep blaming the Igbo for their problems

1 Like

Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by Omoslim26: 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
Nwadiuto247:
Ok. Good one. keep it up. Kalu has a way of getting what he wants.

He knows politics very well , just that he didn't do well in his second tenure as governor in Abia State.

How many Governor can we boast of dat did well in their second tenure
abeg leave their matter for matayas
bunch of thieves and fraudsters

Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by Worksunlimited: 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
Handsomecole:
Kenneth Udeh,Abuja

https://thenigeriadaily.com/2020/12/09/senate-grants-kalus-motion-to-end-illegal-mining-and-gold-smuggling-in-nigeria/

I wonder why this man seems not to want to promote motions and bills to help the south east and south south...
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by CSTRR: 6:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
Nigeria loses $50 billion in gold taxes in 2 years.

My God shocked

This country is ran like an animal farm.

That money is enough to settle the issue of connecting Nigeria by high speed rail forever without entering into Chinese debt trap.
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by Quality20(m): 7:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
Seems d government of Nigeria is just too obsessed with oil and are hence blinded to d potentials of mining and other money spinning sectors
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by lagdmark(m): 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
sholay4star:
Omo, they will soon set efcc to go after him.
Never!, in Nigeria if you're a very Big thief like OUK and Tinubu they will worship you, didn't you notice that since Senator OU Kalu came out of prison and Tinubu was got with looted Bullion van vehicles there popularity grew up to 80% with 10 million followers

1 Like

Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by Coinbased: 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
Oh
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by Austin4Jesus(m): 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2020
Senators are just there for the salaries and allowances.. nothing more. Retirement home of tired politicians
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by lexy2014: 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
irepnaija4eva:

I get ur point.. But i think his over exaggerated figure was to motivate their curiosity and push for the implementation of the notion..
How can lies be used to pushing for a motion?
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by lexy2014: 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
irepnaija4eva:

N239 000 000 000.

Where will d $50m u are dreaming of end up?
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
Plenty English. There are two or 3 people that control gold in the north they have been there since the time of IBB and they have hands in the insecurity in the region. If I know this, these people know this as usual no real action is taken just talking for television
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 11:06pm On Dec 09, 2020
What we lost to smuggling can wipe off our current debt.
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by delpee(f): 11:16pm On Dec 09, 2020
Speaktruth88:
Plenty English. There are two or 3 people that control gold in the north they have been there since the time of IBB and they have hands in the insecurity in the region. If I know this, these people know this as usual no real action is taken just talking for television

shocked Really?

1 Like

Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by toprealman: 2:29am On Dec 10, 2020
isthatso:
Nigerians like to talk nonsense, $9b ko $9B ni. South Africa the capital of gold mining using industrial mining methods and the might of fortune 500 companies only exports $3B of gold a year. Is it Artisan miners with basket and sieve that will be realising $9b a year in this Nigeria?

I can bet you all the gold they are mining currently is less than $50m a year.....if that, I will be surprised if it is even up to $10m!

"Newmont Corporation, based in Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States, is the world's largest gold mining company.[3] Incorporated in 1921, it has ownership of gold mines in Nevada, Colorado, Ontario, Quebec, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Australia, Ghana, Argentina, Peru, and Suriname" It's total revenue from all it's operations in 11 countries is $9b and it's in Nigeria that artisan miners like Lamidi in Ilesha and Abu in Zamfara with cutlass and hoe and generating $9B? is okay o!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newmont_Corporation

I like it when people talk with fact.....nice one son!
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by lipstick2(f): 5:42am On Dec 10, 2020
Thiefry mode activated.

Over powerful activated for his mother.

All the companies who has mining activities must report at his Mother's place to break Egusi before they will be given approval certificate to mine.

I no dey this country again.
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by olisaEze(m): 5:52am On Dec 10, 2020
He needs to be "urged" to tackle illegal mining like he was voted in for something else. But when it comes to creating jobs in Niger or rewarding terrorists, he needs no prodding! Meanwhile, how dem take calculate our lost gold revenue? $9billion is being carted away with hoes & basket? This country is just bleeding from all angles!
Re: Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria by Cousin9999: 10:02am On Dec 10, 2020
So does this mean they're finally banning Chinese?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biodun Oyebanji Intensifies Consultation, Visits Olanipekun, Falana, Adesina / Court Awards N200,000 Against LASTMA For Impounding Lawyer’s Vehicle / FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.