Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,363 members, 7,819,311 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid (14047 Views)

Tinubu Sees Presidency As Retirement Benefits – Dino Melaye / Kwankwaso: Ganduje Denied Me My Retirement Benefits For 6 Years / Breakdown Of Retirement Benefits Of Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 10, 2020
lexy2014:

D govt is using this "broke" story to divert attention from their ineptitude. It's just a ploy to continue looting & to justify every reason y they won't do what they are supposed to do going forward

On the contrary, the fact that Nigeria is broke should be the signal for government at all level to deal with the problem (After all, when someone wakes up to the fact that he or she is broke, he or she gets up and does what it takes to get out of that brokeness state)

But most of our Nigerian leaders since independence have done nothing about the broke state. Instead they feed lies to us about how we are a rich country and how we should make use of our natural resources...etc etc...while following the old policy of sharing the money...because sharing the money favours the sharee more than the people it is being shared to.

If Nigeria relied more on taxes....and on increasing taxes, potentially...and I said potentially..it does two things

1.Incentivises the people to demand good governance

2.Makes the government more scared of the people's response.

Because right now, since the money we use for this country really does not come from our pockets, but from Niger delta oil alone, there is no incentive to demand change. The oil money will always be there. What matters if Mr corrupt poltican takes a leetle bit.,...it can be replaced with more oil money or loans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by lexy2014: 5:31am On Dec 10, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

On the contrary, the fact that Nigeria is broke should be the signal for government at all level to deal with the problem (After all, when someone wakes up to the fact that he or she is broke, he or she gets up and does what it takes to get out of that brokeness state0

Dude, nigeria is not broke. U are still believing that broke story. I love our politicians. They no nigerians will always accept such cock& bull stories
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by lipstick2(f): 5:35am On Dec 10, 2020
Correct...E don dey need more.

Chop your rice Obiano and pay them.

They want to buy the rice themselves and have change in the pocket to manage their health.

KEEP YOUR RICE O,Ogogoro Governor.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 10, 2020
lexy2014:

Dude, nigeria is not broke. U are still believing that broke story. I love our politicians. They no nigerians will always accept such cock& bull stories

We are.

If we weren't , we won't have been taking loans even during the GEJ regime which most Niaralanders regard as a good regime. That we were taking loans then is a sign that all was not well.

Nigeria is a broke nation....because we rely on selling raw materials whose prices fluctuate and whose prices we don't control. When the prices of whatever raw material we sell drop, we then take a loan to cover up for losses. And the stealing goes on too.

PLus with such a low tax to gdp ratio.......

And like I said, Buhari meeting Nigeria broke does not excuse his lack of performance. He met Nigeria broke. He was voted to find solutions to our brokeness. He hasn't. Neither have our governors. The sad thing is most Nigerians still vote for them because they prefer a sharing the money economy rather than a productive economy.
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by coputa(m): 5:39am On Dec 10, 2020
Freestainworld:
Obiano and Eastern governors are a disgrace to the Igbo Nation
These are the elements that are clamouring to rule this country, when they cannot put their house in order.
Igbos are not good leaders

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by InvertedHammer: 5:40am On Dec 10, 2020
/
This is why it is wise to hold the state and local government politicians accountable instead of expending all powers barking at Abuja. What are our state governments doing with their monthly allocations? Challenging Buhari should be secondary but we love to hold logic upside in SE.
If Ngige and Obi could do it without prodding from Abuja, there is no reason the "inebriated one" shouldn't be able to pay pension as at when due.
/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by olaniyilukman(m): 5:43am On Dec 10, 2020
The singular reason why so many people are bent on securing government job is because of job security, there is nothing like such in this country, the only job security is self employed and commit all resources within your disposal to make it thrive. #MyOpinion

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by NoFucksToGive: 5:50am On Dec 10, 2020
sylve11:
the problem with the government is that, after keeping your pension funds for you; they later realised you are not entitled to whatever they have been paying you, that the money saved for you is a favor you are not supposed to get. sad cool

Kai you described it so clearly and shockingly too
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by cardoctor(m): 5:57am On Dec 10, 2020
Nigeria. We have a long way to go.
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by technicallyrich(m): 6:17am On Dec 10, 2020
civilserva:
All these anti Igbo e-warriors, I am just thinking whether your activities put food on the table
they are yaribanza mudsim kowards paid so they can make other tribes hate igbos.
later they will turn around and say all tribes hates Igbos and love yorubass while actually the reverse is the case as everybody no they are useless, dirty backstabbers, slaves, theives and ritualist.
as if their occultic leaders are better.
by the way yaribanza slaves should remember that lagos and ondo belongs to the ijaws and if anything happens to Nigeria, we will sieze it.
already yaribanzas know they are weak cowwards and cant fight.
i hate cowardice
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:17am On Dec 10, 2020
The government of this country is just a weirdo. Very wicked and manipulative. To pay retired workers their own money is a thug of war. Shameless and wicked people in high places.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:31am On Dec 10, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
Naso e suppose be.
Dem don wake up las las

Bye bye to garri and ogbono soup wey dem share last year and bye bye to Ikpeazu 4 litres kerosene.
I don talk say una go get sense las las for dis country to move forward.
Disgrace
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by Africonji: 6:31am On Dec 10, 2020
FOXDOSSIER:
[s][/s]

Useless hopeless frustrated old man, the only time you shows up is whenever you see Anambra news, even when everyone knows that your Abia state is in a miserable and dilapidated condition. Almost all the roads in Abia state are dilapidated. Filth overflowing everywhere.

Civil servants in Abia state haven't been paid for 2yrs, pensioners haven't been paid for 4yrs. Abia state is the worst and most backward state in Nigeria. Even on this thread you could see alot of people throwing jabs on Abia state even when this thread doesn't concern your shithole Abia state.

Your future and that of your great grand children had been stolen since 1999 by the duo of OUK, TA Orji and drunkard called ikpeazu, but you are still concerned with the progressive Anambra which is among the best performing states in Nigeria. I spit on you.

I know you are being paid to silence the truth but mark my words, your boss will return every kobo he has looted. Leave Abia state out of this, this thread is not about Abia state. Your plan of diversationary tactics will not work chino. You remain a cursed fool chino, until you change your ways of creating division amongst southeast states. You are nothing but a bigoted scammer. And stop stalking me. angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by Colonelswitz101(m): 6:32am On Dec 10, 2020
mu2sa2:
Why are Igbo so deceitful in everything. Chai! From governor to labourer almost everyone is a conman and con woman.

It must be a very peaceful experience not having to stress ur brain in using it to think. Divide n rule zombie. This is the only chorus u are good at singing. Shame on ur supposed educated buh empty skull...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by ceaser: 6:39am On Dec 10, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

On the contrary, the fact that Nigeria is broke should be the signal for government at all level to deal with the problem (After all, when someone wakes up to the fact that he or she is broke, he or she gets up and does what it takes to get out of that brokeness state)

But most of our Nigerian leaders since independence have done nothing about the broke state. Instead they feed lies to us about how we are a rich country and how we should make use of our natural resources...etc etc...while following the old policy of sharing the money...because sharing the money favours the sharee more than the people it is being shared to.

If Nigeria relied more on taxes....and on increasing taxes, potentially...and I said potentially..it does two things

1.Incentivises the people to demand good governance

2.Makes the government more scared of the people's response.

Because right now, since the money we use for this country really does not come from our pockets, but from Niger delta oil alone, there is no incentive to demand change. The oil money will always be there. What matters if Mr corrupt poltican takes a leetle bit.,...it can be replaced with more oil money or loans.

Why do you act like you don't know the average Nigerian politician? Incentivises people to demand good governance? Makes government more scared of people's response?

Please review this your belief and economic knowledge to better reflect the reality of the Nigerian polity.

First, the leaders don't care if your kidneys are sold to generate revenue for the government; as long as the money gets to their hand they do not answer to you.

Second, if you like demand good governance from them till tomorrow, threaten them, protest against them, they have the police and the military to deploy to shut you up!

Nigerians in the formal sector in their droves have been paying taxes regularly. The IPPIS that the federal government and most state government uses to pay salaries ensures that you can't escape not paying tax if you are in the formal sector. Yet here you are still mouthing pay tax, pay tax. Companies and industries regularly pay tax and they don't escape it. The only grey areas for tax as of now is the informal sector like the petty traders, herdsmen and market women to mention a few. But if the government is to demand for every individual to be faithful to paying their tax, what do the government have to show for the use of the ones that they've gotten so far?

Clearly nothing, nada!

See ehn, my monthly tax alone is about 170k and that is still small compared to many other FG worker. So please quit this pay tax chant.

The underlying rot is not failure of tax payment, but irrationality in government spending, something that will still cause problems even if little babies born into Nigeria were to begin paying tax.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by koolbe(m): 6:47am On Dec 10, 2020
Tell me how many state governors give rice to pensioners in their states. This news is political. Obiano should be commended
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by Kemistri4(m): 6:48am On Dec 10, 2020
Myhusband:
perhaps he thought Anambra people are like Abia that accept EBA&egusi as palliative

Obiano is one funny dude, dude will give you something come still put his drunk picture there and organise some jobless women to wear clothes that have his picture printed in it then started dancing Willie is working

I haven't seen Igbo politicians that aren't a comedian before even the Umahi had been running his mouth like he under one spell lately

I don't know when you guys will stop propagating this falsehood. It was Ikpeazu that was in that fufu picture. It's false and you know. Why keep spreading it?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by Kemistri4(m): 6:50am On Dec 10, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
Naso e suppose be.
Dem don wake up las las

Bye bye to garri and ogbono soup wey dem share last year and bye bye to Ikpeazu 4 litres kerosene.
I don talk say una go get sense las las for dis country to move forward.

That is not okezie Ikpeazu in that picture...

You are now among the fake news peddlers...

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by FOXDOSSIER: 6:51am On Dec 10, 2020
[s]
Africonji:

know you are being paid to silence the truth but mark my words, your boss will return every kobo he has looted. Leave Abia state out of this, this thread is not about Abia state. Your plan of diversationary tactics will not work chino. You remain a cursed fool chino, until you change your ways of creating division amongst southeast states. You are nothing but a bigoted scammer. And stop stalking me. angry
[/s]

Stupid idiot. How many times have you discussed about your dilapidated dustbin Abia state? Recently the chief of staff was spraying money while Abia roads are dilapidated and civil servants haven't been paid for almost a year, but you were never on that thread to discuss it.

Abia state is the worst and most backward state by far in Nigeria but all your concern is the progressive Anambra. This trait is common among Abia people, they leave their state to rot away while they are busy chasing shadows everywhere just like Nnamdi kanu.

I will keep stalking you till you learn how to channel your energy- which is your cursed, useless, worthless, backward Abia state. Africonji you shall forever remain a cursed person until you learn how to call your useless and incompetent leaders in Abia state out.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by lexy2014: 6:52am On Dec 10, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

We are.

If we weren't , we won't have been taking loans even during the GEJ regime which most Niaralanders regard as a good regime. That we were taking loans then is a sign that all was not well.

Nigeria is a broke nation....because we rely on selling raw materials whose prices fluctuate and whose prices we don't control. When the prices of whatever raw material we sell drop, we then take a loan to cover up for losses. And the stealing goes on too.

PLus with such a low tax to gdp ratio.......

And like I said, Buhari meeting Nigeria broke does not excuse his lack of performance. He met Nigeria broke. He was voted to find solutions to our brokeness. He hasn't. Neither have our governors. The sad thing is most Nigerians still vote for them because they prefer a sharing the money economy rather than a productive economy.

Our political representatives will always look for reasons to justify their negligence. Being broke is one of those reasons. Give them all d money in d world, they will tell u that it's not enough to do anything. They do whatever they like whenever they like& they sell stories like being broke which u believe. Let's look at d covid palliatives issue for instance. They hoarded d palliatives sharing just an insignificant amount to d populace. Am sure u also believed that d govt tried it's best. I told people in my area then, if this is what they are sharing, be rest assured that there is much much more being kept somewhere. Thank God for d endsars protests that showed that there was more than enough to go round. It's d same thing with d financial wealth of d country. It's being hoarded just like covid palliatives. If they can hoard ordinary indomie & tell u that they can't afford it, what do u think they will do with money? Dude, nigeria isn't broke. U just don't understand our politicians that's why u are falling for their tales of being broke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by Simplebeauty: 6:59am On Dec 10, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 10, 2020
Africonji:
Smh. I have always said it but paid agents like that useless boy chino will be abusing me. Willie Obiano the drunkard has looted and impoverished Ndi Anambra than any previous governor. But he must return every kobo. Mark my words. angry

The last gratuity was paid in 2017 meaning their pension payment is up to date

When last did your state government paid gratuity to their workers?
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 10, 2020
mu2sa2:
Why are Igbo so deceitful in everything. Chai! From governor to labourer almost everyone is a conman and con woman.

The last gratuity was paid in 2017 meaning their pension payment is up to date

When last did your state government paid pension and gratuity to their workers?

Tell us?
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 10, 2020
coputa:
These are the elements that are clamouring to rule this country, when they cannot put their house in order.
Igbos are not good leaders

Your state?

And when last did your state governor paid pension and gratuity?
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by Coldsteel(m): 7:18am On Dec 10, 2020
Delta State is yet to pay retirees their gratuity rights talk more of pension for the past 10years now and no one is even talking about it
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by HRMK: 7:25am On Dec 10, 2020
its better to take the food now so that they stay alive to collect their money!ABI,NOR BE SO?
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by victorogundepo0(m): 7:50am On Dec 10, 2020
Omoh.. people Dey suffer sha

But why diverting their right to another thing, for God’s sake, it’s their right they aren’t begging for money
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by tiswell(m): 7:56am On Dec 10, 2020
Freestainworld:
Obiano and Eastern governors are a disgrace to the Igbo Nation
Fake news!

The pensioners I know around collected their bags of rice. So which ones are they referring to?
Re: Anambra Pensioners Reject Christmas Rice, Want Retirement Benefits Paid by 400billionman: 7:58am On Dec 10, 2020
Pay pensioners their money.

It is not your money.

It is public money.

What the leaders in Africa don't realize is that no matter what you do as a leader with the resources in your hands, one day you will die and be answerable to God for the poor people you refused to pay their entitlements.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

181 Kidnap Victims Freed In Katsina After Govt Negotiates With Bandits, Miyetti / Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage / Anambra Decides: Reconsider 7-Day Sit-at-home Directive, Ohanaeze Begs IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.