Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:55 PM

Why I Think The North Will Retain Power Come 2023 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Think The North Will Retain Power Come 2023 (2961 Views)

2023: APC Must Field A Northerner To Retain Power - Fani Kayode / Badaru: Why APC Will Retain Power In 2023 / Seyi Makinde: I Will Retain APC Appointees Who Are Competent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Think The North Will Retain Power Come 2023 by Localemperor: 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2020
Kongulu:

Look at the huge volume of trash you typed on that your nonsense 'power' post bro just go get a job first, then we can talk about agendas

Asswìpe
OK grin grin
Re: Why I Think The North Will Retain Power Come 2023 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2020
Localemperor:
So I was thinking, after the APC caretaker working committee said its would decide on zoning come June 2021. I believe APC would zone its ticket to the South but the North will still retain power come 2023.

Now let me list the things we are certain of

1. We are sure and certain that Atiku would win the PDP ticket.

2. We are also certain that APC would zone its ticket to the South to acknowledge the 2013 merger agreement but which part of the south? that I can't tell you for now.

3. If APC zone its ticket to the South, the VP is definitely coming from the North. And its won't be one of the big boys from the North because the North does not want the South to gain most vote in the North. And its not coming from the middle belt because the middle belt are considered an highbred of the South.(Benue,Kogi and Kwara )

Now why the North will retain power

1. If APC zone its ticket to the South west and and Atiku picks his VP candidate from either East or S'South. The South would be divided. ( From 1999 till date the South east has always given PDP a block vote, now look at the South south, all states belongs to PDP another block votes) If the west with APC ticket could not win the entire south, where would they get the numbers?? not forgeting that ATIKU is from the North and also won 18 states in 2019 election just 1 state behind BUHARI.

2. If APC zones its ticket to the east, the west would feel betrayed and how they would react to this is uncertain. There might be a massive defection to PDP and trying to put one of theirs as VP but this would be opposed by the larger PDP region in the South. in other words, under this setting, anywhere ATIKU picks his VP, he would still win with a wide margin. And the North still retain power.

2. If APC zone to the South South, the region has no APC state, the west would feel betrayed and the east would give PDP a block vote. the North still gains.

Do you honesty have a contrary view or opinion on this?? what other permutation do you think would give the south the presidency come 2023 IF BOTH PARTY ( APC & PDP) DO NOT ZONE ITS TICKET TO THE SOUTH.

pls there is no need for tribal bigotry, let discuss politics..

Interesting post

1.The North is 'beatable'....GEJ in 2011 (and Obasanjo in 2003) won by having a untied Southern vote plus a united Middle Belt vote plus 25-30% of Northern votes. GEJ lost in 2015...when the SW got divided, and the Middle belt too...plus he could not get the ususal 25% minority.

2.I'm not sure Atiku would want to run, though we never know....for all we know....he may retire...

3.2 big what if on my mind.....SE gets the ticket in both parties.....or Tinubu somehow manages to come back (though a Tinubu candidacy would divide the APC)...

aLL IN ALL 2023 IS still far away. A lot can happen in two years....
Re: Why I Think The North Will Retain Power Come 2023 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2020
Localemperor:
Lol I wish its as easy as its sound..

its could have been possible if Jonathan had step down after he completed the two years of Yar'adua so as North could complete their 8year..

That's why we must have rotational presidency on our lawbooks (note..I don't like rotational presidency, but many Nigerians love it).

Besides, GEJ was well within his rights to run ....PLUS...the North did get its two terms through Buhari.

a Southern ticket on both major parties isn't out of the question really.
Re: Why I Think The North Will Retain Power Come 2023 by Localemperor: 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

That's why we must have rotational presidency on our lawbooks (note..I don't like rotational presidency, but many Nigerians love it).

Besides, GEJ was well within his rights to run ....PLUS...the North did get its two terms through Buhari.

a Southern ticket on both major parties isn't out of the question really.
I get your point bro... hopefully both ticket would come to the South
Re: Why I Think The North Will Retain Power Come 2023 by Localemperor: 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

Interesting post

1.The North is 'beatable'....GEJ in 2011 (and Obasanjo in 2003) won by having a untied Southern vote plus a united Middle Belt vote plus 25-30% of Northern votes. GEJ lost in 2015...when the SW got divided, and the Middle belt too...plus he could not get the ususal 25% minority.

2.I'm not sure Atiku would want to run, though we never know....for all we know....he may retire...

3.2 big what if on my mind.....SE gets the ticket in both parties.....or Tinubu somehow manages to come back (though a Tinubu candidacy would divide the APC)...

aLL IN ALL 2023 IS still far away. A lot can happen in two years....
A lot can indeed happen in 2 years, let keep our finger crossed and see how things would play out
Re: Why I Think The North Will Retain Power Come 2023 by Localemperor: 10:05am On Jan 12, 2022
one year later and this prophecy is about to come to life...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Orders Forfeiture Of Abdulaziz Yari's 10 Properties / We Stand On Our Call On Igbo To Leave Nigeria If… —Northern Elders Forum / Arrewa Twitter Praying For Putin To Convert To Islam And Fight For Hamas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.