Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) - Music/Radio (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) (67195 Views)

Di'ja - "Te Amo" (Video) / {download Mp3} : The Way You Are (gbadun You) - Di'ja Ft Tiwa Savage / Di'ja - Aphrodija :: Album Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Kennyswag: 9:03pm On Dec 10, 2020
andyanders:
You lack sense. It's a pity there is no history taught in schools anymore. That message is derogetary and could bring back the memories of the civil war.
and so fvxking what?
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by lomprico(m): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2020
Paretomaster1:

Ahahahahahah dodon doya

as in eh!
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Fvckhypocrite(f): 9:07pm On Dec 10, 2020
Excuzeme:

Afonja, You really believe that Maga is one of yours? shocked
He is one of us, a proper Nnyamirin. grin grin

Everybody should jut laugh over their nicknames, we even need more nicknames sef.
Gbam!
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Kennyswag: 9:08pm On Dec 10, 2020
Ladycewhy:
ok, I just wanted to clarify that we are on the same page.
you that is a tribalist coming here to talk rubbish...
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Gracchus: 9:20pm On Dec 10, 2020
DenreleDave:

Shut up Bros.. U no get point..

So when they call us afonja, u dey shine teeth abi.

Maga oshi
Don't even mind the idiot. May that pain kill him. We don't see people like him when ibos insult us but they are always quick to come to their defence bacause of some stupid friends.
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
clockwisereport:

Shame on you. What is Ibo?

Naa shame on you sir for that silly question.

Otondo!!!

1 Like

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2020
Abdulnur:

Abi oo
But you won't see anything wrong when someone calls a Hausa man Aboki or Almajiri, will you?

Aboki means my friend as I hear.

Almajiri not my biz, dunno what it means, dont care either!

Peace!
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2020
Bbbwings:

What you could have done is not listen to it.
Her strategy haS worked on you if you watched it on unpirated channels

If you consider hearing the intro as listening to full track then goodluck to you!
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Karlosorji(m): 9:32pm On Dec 10, 2020
Dreambeat:
What she did was intentional. The useless failed musicians can't tell me she didn't know the word is derogatory.
for me I have been hearing and using the the word inyamuri and it’s never been derogatory to me
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Gracchus: 9:40pm On Dec 10, 2020
PrinceOfLagos:

I'm ashamed that i share The same tribe with you.
You can go and join another tribe if u don't like it na.
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Fvckhypocrite(f): 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2020
Gracchus:
Don't even mind the idiot. May that pain kill him. We don't see people like him when ibos insult us but they are always quick to come to their defence bacause of some stupid friends.
blessing follow you
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by PreyingMantis(m): 10:06pm On Dec 10, 2020
slowice:
Until an Igbo man sings about it... You get
I remember how Yoruba people went on the overdrive when Asari Dokubo used the word 'Afonja' in one of his videos some time ago.
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by AsiwajuNdigbo: 10:10pm On Dec 10, 2020
Kennyswag:
we are just only returning the hatred back.. so don't cry... you wil remain hated till the day God will give you biafrASS. . Until then, bear the hatred grin grin grin
grin grin

God is our witness, we have never hated you. It is arewa spreading hatred to cause division between brothers. They make us hate yoruba and make yoruba hate Igbo. But now on this side we know better. We are awoke to their tactics.
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Nbotee(m): 10:18pm On Dec 10, 2020
alasane:

Bullshit when "ABOKI" shine my shoe was trending you kept mute

What's the meaning of Aboki?
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by nettpen: 10:20pm On Dec 10, 2020
Nbotee:

What's the meaning of Aboki?

You guys should ignore this people, the dead musician is looking for attention.
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by gtown: 10:22pm On Dec 10, 2020
thorpido:
Inyamuri would be considered derogatory especially because of how the name came about.
But name like almajiri is OK because of how the name came about?

1 Like

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by gtown: 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Around this time 4years ago, Dija was being dragged for her reaction to Don Jazzy’s slam on Olamide at the headies award.

Isn’t Don Jazzy the CEO of Marvin again or Di’ja has left Marvin Record.

I expect Don Jazzy who is the producer to have scrutinized and regulated the title of the music, “Iyanmiri” before being released.
Why should he has done what you suggested here. What is wrong with calling the title "Iyanmiri "?
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by limamintruth: 10:30pm On Dec 10, 2020
Arrewa:
Hypocrites!!

But they're free to call A northerner onye ugwu, call a Yoruba man afonjaa or ndi Ofe mmanu!

People that are filled with hatred and bitterness!!

That's how they once attacked Teni for calling Erica omo igbo.

These people can't take 5% of what they're dishing out to other tribes on daily basis.

I support you on this one smiley
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by gtown: 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2020
Sanchez01:

Nothing is wise about it. Ethnic banters are one thing, rubbing certain slurs on one's face is another. The word is derogatory and not a wise business move. And to think that it is coming at a time when ethnic gaps are getting wider on a daily, it is a wrong call.

Mavin shouldn't have let this slide. Don Jazzy is half Igbo and should have been abreast of the history of the name. This is a miss.
But for igbos to refer to northerners as almajiri is not derogatory?
Any day Igbos are Iyanmiri and they are not expected to take exception from the name? So why are they crying over that beautiful title?

1 Like

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Fvckhypocrite(f): 10:44pm On Dec 10, 2020
shizzle11:
lol...dont mind that abokiii

Even the foolish yerubas that have swamped on this thread are calles berebe banza by same hausa people.

Berebe banza translates to stupid tribe- even a more shameful derogatory nickname but the senseless abobakus dont even know this
Na lie
Gtfo here i spend years in hausa land and beyerebe is singular while yorobawa is plural
Berebe banza you talk about mean stupid yoruba person so stfu and stop being tribalist

If hausa want to abuse yoruba there use masu kashi a leda meaning people who toilet inside lyon.

Ciao.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by 6ixT8: 10:47pm On Dec 10, 2020
Durentsneh come and see!
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by gtown: 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2020
ifeoluwapo25977:
Inyamuri would be considered derogatory especially because of how the name came about.
How did the name came about. And in what way is it derogatory?
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by vincentjk(m): 10:54pm On Dec 10, 2020
And I used to like this woman

See her long neck like tolotolo own
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by Fvckhypocrite(f): 10:58pm On Dec 10, 2020
shizzle11:

Even the foolish yerubas that have swamped on this thread are calles berebe banza by same hausa people.

Berebe banza translates to stupid tribe- even a more shameful derogatory nickname but the senseless abobakus dont even know this
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 10:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
Arrewa:
Hypocrites!!

But they're free to call A northerner onye ugwu, call a Yoruba man afonjaa or ndi Ofe mmanu!

People that are filled with hatred and bitterness!!

That's how they once attacked Teni for calling Erica omo igbo.

These people can't take 5% of what they're dishing out to other tribes on daily basis.

You've pointed out a lot of things, but you didn't point out where and when they named any one song onye ugwu, or afonjaa, or ndi Ofe mmanu. Try and keep the balance with a reasonable argument.
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by yoursidenigga(m): 11:04pm On Dec 10, 2020
fnep2smooth:
Every tribe has their own name.. Yoruba people call us "Omo ije okuta ma mu omi" mean people who eat stone without drinking water.

Igbo call yoruba "idi ofe imanu" meaning people with oily soup.

While Igbo people can hausa "Idi ugu" meaning people from the hill.

So every tribe get their own nickname but you need to be careful on how to use it because it sounds provocative to someone people same way nigroooo sound offensive to blacks.

At this heat of disintegration you de name ur single inyamuri, u won provoke some people.
stop typing rubbish. It is 'ndi' not 'idi'
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by SlayerForever: 11:07pm On Dec 10, 2020
shizzle11:

Lwkmd
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2020
Excuzeme:

I am currently trying to buy it on iTunes, right now. kiss kiss
[
Even the lyrics is funny!
Imagine: Nnyamirir don'doya shocked

Please kindly translate

I know doya is yam, what is "dondo"?
Re: Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) by fnep2smooth(m): 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2020
yoursidenigga:

stop typing rubbish. It is 'ndi' not 'idi'
So?.... Must every know how to type in Igbo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

"The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> / What Are You Listening To Right Now? / Download Full Tracks: Duncan mighty Album – Grace & Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.