Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project (22930 Views)

Nigerian Army Dismisses Soldier For Having Sex With Colleague’s Wife (photo) / Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / Kiki Mordi Nominated For Future Awards For Journalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by Abdulazeez99: 11:38am On Dec 10, 2020
Journalist Kiki Mordi has responded to an allegation by her colleague Ruona Meyer that she has been dishonestly taking all the credits for the #SexForGrades project which exposed sexual harassment in Nigerian varsities, Igbere TV reports.

Ms Mordi has won several awards for the story published by BBC Africa Eye in October 2019 using the University of Lagos as case study.

Following her latest recognition as winner of the 2020 Michael Elliott Award for African Storytelling over the project, Meyer tweeted on Thursday that Mordi should share the prize money with a female colleague simply named O. O. whom she claimed pitched the story and did the underground work.

“Kiki, make sure this time you at least share whatever prize money there is with O.O and acknowledge her – given this was all her story as pitched, sourced/started.

“Real journalists have honour and also hold themselves to account, not just the government,” Meyer wrote, adding that she was in “that newsroom when N.O and O.O pitched that story.”

https://twitter.com/RGAMeyer/status/1336875837635915776?s=20

Mordi responded, saying Meyer has been bitter towards her because she (Mordi) ended ties with Meyer.

“Every new day I win an award, Ruona loses it. I will never understand what I did to this woman besides unfollowing her on Twitter.

“The fact that I’m blocked makes it harder for me to even know what she’s talking about � It’s always some bullshit, are you that bored?” Mordi asked.

“One minute you’re advising me on how to hog clout and not retweet Fisayo Soyombo’s story. Because I figured you were a vile person, you left me and found your next victim. 50 minutes call the first time you ever spoke to me was to tell me who to hate and who not to hate” she added.

https://twitter.com/kikimordi/status/1336966871267094529?s=19

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by IamWonderful: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2020
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by Karlifate: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2020
Confusion in their camp.

29 Likes

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by Fahdiga1: 11:46am On Dec 10, 2020
All of them are attention seekers

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by chrisooblog: 11:50am On Dec 10, 2020
still hasn't responded to Ruona's accusations though.

Abdulazeez99:
Journalist Kiki Mordi has responded to an allegation by her colleague Ruona Meyer that she has been dishonestly taking all the credits for the #SexForGrades project which exposed sexual harassment in Nigerian varsities, Igbere TV reports.

Ms Mordi has won several awards for the story published by BBC Africa Eye in October 2019 using the University of Lagos as case study.

Following her latest recognition as winner of the 2020 Michael Elliott Award for African Storytelling over the project, Meyer tweeted on Thursday that Mordi should share the prize money with a female colleague simply named O. O. whom she claimed pitched the story and did the underground work.

https://twitter.com/RGAMeyer/status/1336875837635915776?s=20

Mordi responded, saying Meyer has been bitter towards her because she (Mordi) ended ties with Meyer.

https://twitter.com/kikimordi/status/1336966871267094529?s=19

Lalasticlala

16 Likes

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by seunmsg(m): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2020
Simply put, Kiki refused to share the proceeds and accolades of the #sexforgrades windfall with the actual brain behind the project. If it was a male journalist that did same to Oge, Kiki and all her friends from the feminist coven would be all over social media pontificating on how men are scum.

Truth be told, nobody is truly fighting for anybody. All the so called activist are opportunist waiting for a good break to cash out.

Good enough, it’s a lady to another lady so my gender should just back off. Let them tear each other apart while we enjoy the violence grin grin grin

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by JerySmalls(m): 11:59am On Dec 10, 2020
No bleeps given
Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by Seniorwriter(m): 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2020
Feminist should try and distinguish between Responsibility & Right......

Kiki needs to stop reacting and start proacting.....she should save herself from online trolls and Drama.....sometimes keeping your cool online is key. ! ...she should allow or callout the person she's accused of sidelining to come out and put the records straight!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!

©Seniorwriter

3 Likes

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by GeneralPula: 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2020
Greedy Mofo..

Yet they’ll be shouting no husband..

14 Likes

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by slawormiir: 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Nor be this same Kiki mordi first do on air personality for ku fm 92.7 for Benin city

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by Sanchez01: 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2020
Kiki Mordi didn't sideline her 'colleague'. Oge Obi conceptualized, pitched, researched and co-produced the investigate piece but only invited Kiki Mordi to do the TV narration.

Kiki Mordi was never in any UNILAG office. That was Oge Obi. What's worse is that she has been receiving awards and claiming her university experience led her into the documentary.

Kiki Mordi is not the type to venture into investigate journalism. She is not that creative. What's worse, she never gave a dime to Oge from the thousands of Dollars grants won. Not a dime!

The irony for me is that she is a feminist who supposedly support females but unfortunately profits off them.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by sammysneh(m): 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2020
Wahala be like bicycle he no dey add to start..

2 Likes

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by Cairoboy(m): 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2020
monkey dey work baboon dey chop.
It's none of my business though.
Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by JoeEeL(m): 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2020
This feminist camp just dey give vibes of winsh coven. sad

18 Likes

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by salbis(m): 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2020
You talk na problem, you no talk na problem. Life no balance at all.
Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by Kuns84(m): 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2020
Typical of the average Nigerian. Corrupt and greedy to the core. Women especially.

Tomorrow they will claim "women supporting women" grin

Baboon dey work, monkey dey chop.

21 Likes

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by onadana: 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2020
If you check well..a female just doesn't detest another female just like that...man must have being involved.
Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by TheDestroyer: 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2020
Feminist hushpuppi grin grin Oooole

5 Likes

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by Maxikenna: 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2020
Nice
Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2020
Most of the so called activists are after fame or monetary gains. Their clients' fate is always second.

Reason why Temi (Moremi in Citation) was initially afraid to allow them take up her case. "They would only use my case to make names for themselves," she claimed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by sylve11: 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2020
Tuface do am to Blackface. nothing new................... cool
Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2020
I don't even know why I booked this space, I have nothing to comment on this
Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by GregOGreg(m): 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2020
The Reporter is now been Reported grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by Celebsnews2: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2020
Lol...why is she coming out now. Kiki is now a super star ontop your brain work. Learn to be smart sha

1 Like

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by Coronavirus84: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2020
Everything tingasa
Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by iamjavadem(m): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
Ok, you have ranted back but not responded to the allegations, r dey true or not? Na wetin we wan hear.

6 Likes

Re: Kiki Mordi Accused Of Sidelining Colleague In SexForGrades Project by BafanaBafana: 12:39pm On Dec 10, 2020
How that Kiki girl is winning award for that documentary is what I don't know.
Her documentary I watched never showed anything about sex for grade.
She seduced a man who fell like most cleavage extremists would do and then recorded it.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Ever Nigerian Police Women Inauguration In 1956 (Throwback Video) / How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? / A Female Commercial Motorcyclist (real Definition Of Hustling). Photos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.