Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,210 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. (15527 Views)

Endsars Report: "Justice Should Not End On Paper," FENRAD Warns / "Jungle Justice": Buhari's Ballot Box Snatching Warning Got Nigerians Talking / Drug Dealers Sentenced And Killed Immediately In Front Of School Kids In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by dignity33: 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2020
I understand that many Nigerians like taking the law into their hands when thief or arm robber are caught but do you also know that many have died for wrongly accused of certain crime they do not commit. This are some of the reason you should aviod Jungle Justice.

1. Many can accuse someone wrongly out of hatred or sentiment and as a bystander you may not know the actual story of thing and before you realised what you have done the person is dead or in critical condition. It happened in 2019 somewhere in South Africa when two Nigeria was accused of kidnapping a young girl who turn out to be the daughter of one of the victims . And Nigeria with the type of hatred they have on another tribe I have no doubt that it can happen here.

2. Thiefs can turn to accuse their victim of being the thiefs and before you know it the person is dead by mob and the actual theif will find a way to escape . I have read a story of youngmen who stole from someone ran away and while the victim was shouting ole ole, they get to a corner hide and once the owner entered the corner they started beating her calling her thiefs and people gathered without letting the woman to speak and those men sneak away letter it was discovered that the woman is innocent.

3. killing a theif by mob will create more radical arms robbers than those soft robbers who can have a little empathy for their victims and it will also make the work of police more difficult during there investigation for that certain crime because the evidence is dead.

4. Jungle Justice make the killers no different from the robbers or thiefs. lastly our law enforcement ageny should try and be proactive in fighting crime because I'm sure if police are honest in there work of protecting life and property this jungle justice will be a things of the past. Add your comments.

117 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Easternmind(m): 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2020
Wonderful peice..
At least something sane for once.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by bolanto24(m): 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2020
I stand against jungle justce.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Amotekun777: 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2020
It's more rampant among Igbos... Aluu 4 comes to mind. angry

11 Likes

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Nazgul: 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2020
The reason why jungle Justice prevails in the first place is because the common man his lost faith in the police.

If you handover a thief to the police for proper prosecution, before the end of the day the thief is back on the streets. And in some cases you that handed him to the police isn't safe. Cos they'll come after you.

People just prefer to kill them because they feel it's the most effective way to ensure that they wouldn't hurt anyone else since the police whom we look up to have sold their reputation for crumbs of bread.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Franchise21(m): 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2020
OK
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by slawormiir: 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
I hate jungle justice with Passion
That reminds me of the aluu 4

There should be quick dispensation of justice. .
Because it seems the people are tired and they have given up on judicial system and our police

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Enudapan: 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
Jungle justice is very unsophisticate
It sucks
The way people are being lynched in Nigeria
For commiting crime is alarming, even those participating in the shit does worst behind doors,
It's so annoying
Although the government also need to sit up and restructure the judiciary system in Nigeria
Cos is Damm messed up, imagining a poor guy having a court case with a rich man, we all know that they case will last for decades with the poor man being screwed up (especially if the Media, isn't aware of the case)
Judges also do prolonged case for selfish reasons, enriching themselves and their fellow barrister an at they end of the day playing the injustice card.
So bad that,in this country some times jungle justice is the fastest way to achieve justice for heavy crimes that worth it.
Buh it should be scrapped out
Cos we aren't animals an we leave not in any jungle
We should be civilized and sophisticated and not always acting like monkeys the white take us for..

6 Likes

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by IamWonderful: 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2020
Lovely
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Emaxwell(m): 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2020
Jungle Justice will stop when what brings about the act stop grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2020
the worst part is that jungle justice can't end in Nigeria
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by teelaw4life(m): 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2020
I have not read the op's writeup but I can already tell you that jungle justice will not and will never syop until our broken justice system is fixed.
There's a topic currently on front page about the house of rep second reading a bill to put a deadline on criminal and civil court cases. This would be a nice step in the right direction.

The other thing to fix is the corrupt police institution.
Let's say citizens apprehend a criminal who has commited a dastardly crime and they hand him to the police...and then in a few days the criminal is back on the streets walking as a free man and threatening those who apprehended him all because he could bribe the police. How would the people act the nect time they apprehend another criminal? Jungle justice of course.
Unfortunately, Nigeria's government has failed to provide a lot of what it takes to run a nation successfully. Hence our failing nation tag.
When this happens, it creates space for people to take matters into their hands. In the case of our rubbish justice system, the people take matters into their hands through jungle justice.

3 Likes

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Scrupulous419(m): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
internet money

we will keep killing any defaulters..

Thunder fire Ipob criminals angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Nairalandwizerd(m): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
Seconded
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by IMASTEX: 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
teelaw4life:
Fix justice system
That is it, when bad behaviours are punished regardless of whosoever, jungle Justice will die a natural death. The people sadly engage in such due to the distrust & zero confidence in the relevant system.

5 Likes

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
F
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Bluffly: 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
Those that needs the advice do not understand English

2 Likes

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Oblongata: 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
Right in front of B.C.O.S Ibadan (Bashorun) yesterday I say a dead body of a man tied down, possibly in his middle 20s, it was so gory... after a little investigation I was made to know that the dude was caught trying to rob a bike man dead in the night... and he was beaten to death but unfortunately (for the vigilantes o) there was no Tyre nor petrol to burn him so they left him for dead... I felt terrible.

I am tired of this shithole I tell you... May God help us
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
G
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by parkerx17: 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
wman:
All your posts, pleas and appeals won't work until the Nigerian Police starts to function properly.

I'm not supporting anything. I'm just stating the fact.
Anonymous wink

1 Like

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by wman(m): 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2020
All your posts, pleas and appeals won't work until the Nigerian Police starts to function properly.

I'm not supporting anything. I'm just stating the fact.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by codemaniacs: 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2020
zz

4 Likes

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Kenneygirl(f): 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2020
Nigeria is fvcked
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by SeriouslySense(m): 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2020
Jungle Justice is for the JUNGLE
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by rawtouch: 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2020
the justice system should be fixed, cases taken to court should be adjudicated swiftly
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Olovictor: 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2020
Wen our judiciary is already paralysed.
When no more true justice in our land.
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by multibalotel: 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2020
Bluffly:
Those that needs the advice do not understand English
hmmm oil dey ur head ..
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by fredwill1357(m): 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2020
Our government and armed forces should embrace the death penalty, if kidnappers, armed robbers start getting executed, the people will reduce jungle justice knowing criminals will get the death penalty and stop disturbing the society and overpopulating the prisons.
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by BigBrother9ja: 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2020
angry

The system is very corrupt

Most religious barbaric savages.

99.9% of the population are senseless hypocrital savages.
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by WoundedLamb: 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2020
It's only animals that behave in that manner.

1 Like

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2020
Funniest thing is that those who lynch these people are worse criminals themselves... To take another man's life is very easy for them... Says a lot about our environment. embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Will Deliver Highest Votes For Tinubu/Shettima - Uba Sani / Ben Kalu To Osodeke: Gbajabiamila Didn't Promise Payment Of Salary Arrears / 5 Political Families In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.