Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. (15529 Views)

Endsars Report: "Justice Should Not End On Paper," FENRAD Warns / "Jungle Justice": Buhari's Ballot Box Snatching Warning Got Nigerians Talking / Drug Dealers Sentenced And Killed Immediately In Front Of School Kids In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by DexterousOne(m): 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
Uyi168:
My fear is mistaken identity..
Like those 4 aluu boys.. cry

Exactly
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
I HATE JUNGLE JUSTICE.

#endjunglejustice
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by BlackRexDeus: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2020
dignity33:
I understand that many Nigerians like taking the law into their hands when thief or arm robber are caught but do you also know that many have died for wrongly accused of certain crime they do not commit. This are some of the reason you should aviod Jungle Justice.

1. Many can accuse someone wrongly out of hatred or sentiment and as a bystander you may not know the actual story of thing and before you realised what you have done the person is dead or in critical condition. It happened in 2019 somewhere in South Africa when two Nigeria was accused of kidnapping a young girl who turn out to be the daughter of one of the victims . And Nigeria with the type of hatred they have on another tribe I have no doubt that it can happen here.

2. Thiefs can turn to accuse their victim of being the thiefs and before you know it the person is dead by mob and the actual theif will find a way to escape . I have read a story of youngmen who stole from someone ran away and while the victim was shouting ole ole, they get to a corner hide and once the owner entered the corner they started beating her calling her thiefs and people gathered without letting the woman to speak and those men sneak away letter it was discovered that the woman is innocent.

3. killing a theif by mob will create more radical arms robbers than those soft robbers who can have a little empathy for their victims and it will also make the work of police more difficult during there investigation for that certain crime because the evidence is dead.

4. Jungle Justice make the killers no different from the robbers or thiefs. lastly our law enforcement ageny should try and be proactive in fighting crime because I'm sure if police are honest in there work of protecting life and property this jungle justice will be a things of the past. Add your comments.

I agree, let the lady Justice do her duty.

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Raychee(f): 9:08pm On Dec 10, 2020
Ever since i saw the video of those uniport(I'm not entirely sure if it's uniport) students burnt alive years back ( they were discovered to be falsely accused), it replays in my head everytime i see something about jungle justice. It was very horrible. I wonder what sane human being would torch a fellow human and watch them suffer to death.
Psycopaths and mad people dwelling amongst us.

7 Likes

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Onelove508: 9:10pm On Dec 10, 2020
joyandfaith:
jungle justice is barbaric act. mistakenly identity and set up should be reason why jungle justice should be stopped

I understand it is. React to my first and second paragraph also

1 Like

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by oloshun(m): 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
I hate jungle justice with Passion
That reminds me of the aluu 4

There should be quick dispensation of justice. .
Because it seems the people are tired and they have given up on judicial system and our police

Bro, I never comment for your post but e like wen things happen apart from us, we no dey for our side, we no know. Baba na who happen to know better

1 Like

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Badonasty(m): 9:14pm On Dec 10, 2020
lol....when you're a victim you'll know whats up.....I've seen where two guys robbed a lady of her purse and stabbed her in the neck...when these guys were caught and started begging you'll think they've never committed a sin before in their life

2 Likes

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Comedian2019: 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2020
Those who carry out jungle justice should be sentenced to death. They are as wicked as beasts.
But for jungle justice to stop, the policing system and judicial process must change.

1 Like

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Anfield247(m): 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2020
You are killing somebody because he or she stole what does not belong to them. But our politicians have stolen the future of Our dear nation and you are clapping for them... F*CK YOU!

1 Like

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by chatinent: 9:50pm On Dec 10, 2020
I stand by you, bro.

Jungle Justice should start from Aso Rock and those public officials if it meant business.
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by officialfestus(m): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2020
jaga jaga nation
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2020
codemaniacs:

you're right but in the past ( at least 100 years ago ) jungle justice was done to criminals caught in the act and not on accusations...

in the past when criminals were caught they were executed within 1 day... now there is a long trial duration, have you asked yourself why the trials take long?

when e:uropeans invaded Africa, Africans used their natural laws of killing criminals within one day... but since the e:uropeans came here to steal resources they needed to change the mentality of Africans to stop killing criminals caught in the act within 1 day. this means there was more time for e:uropeans to plan how to free and acquit e:uropean criminals.

If the indigenes in NE were doing jungle justice on B:H will there still be B:H today?

This makes no sense cheesy

Jungle justice should be stopped because firstly it makes the burner's look like savage's which taints the whole country as babaric, then you have the likelihood of killing the wrong people.

Even worse y'all video it and put it on the internet.

Disgusting undecided
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by codemaniacs: 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2020
zz
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by chaloskyx: 10:01pm On Dec 10, 2020
YES I AGREE BUT WAIT FIRST LETS CARRYOUT JUNGLE JUSTICE ON ALL OUR POLITICIANS FIRST AFTER WE HAVE GOT RID OF THEM WE CAN NOW ERADICATE IT COMPLETLY
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
codemaniacs:

You should be at your whyte supremacist meeting..

It's not good to burn dammit grin

What's so difficult to understand
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Uyi168: 10:08pm On Dec 10, 2020
Rgade:

Or intentional set-up.
.yes o.
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by airliner(m): 10:21pm On Dec 10, 2020
Nazgul:
The reason why jungle Justice prevails in the first place is because the common man his lost faith in the police.

If you handover a thief to the police for proper prosecution, before the end of the day the thief is back on the streets. And in some cases you that handed him to the police isn't safe. Cos they'll come after you.

People just prefer to kill them because they feel it's the most effective way to ensure that they wouldn't hurt anyone else since the police whom we look up to have sold their reputation for crumbs of bread.
Shaperly no time wasting.. I been dey sorry for thief wen dem dey burn dem. but not until dem snatch my cousin car collect our phones I fit use my last card take go buy fuel make dem barbecue am. make police go look bush

1 Like

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by ItsTutsi(m): 10:25pm On Dec 10, 2020
I hate jungle justice too but I like to see ladies getting stripped when caught stealing
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by uniquelyspecial(m): 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2020
Amotekun777:
It's more rampant among Igbos... Aluu 4 comes to mind. angry
Research, who asked you of the prevalence? . Igbo matter go kill you oo

1 Like

Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by nedekid: 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2020
Amotekun777:
It's more rampant among Igbos... Aluu 4 comes to mind. angry
But aluu 4 were killed by rivers people in Rivers State. Abi are rivers people now igbo when it comes to ethnic, tribal bashing? I thought wike recently clarified that nkwere people are rivers and not igbo.
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by authority2006(m): 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2020
codemaniacs:

you're right but in the past ( at least 100 years ago ) jungle justice was done to criminals caught in the act and not on accusations...

in the past when criminals were caught they were executed within 1 day... now there is a long trial duration, have you asked yourself why the trials take long?

when e:uropeans invaded Africa, Africans used their natural laws of killing criminals within one day... but since the e:uropeans came here to steal resources they needed to change the mentality of Africans to stop killing criminals caught in the act within 1 day. this means there was more time for e:uropeans to plan how to free and acquit e:uropean criminals.

If the indigenes in NE were doing jungle justice on B:H will there still be B:H today?

How u wan take do jungle justice on a group of people with AK47, bombs, RPGs, etc?
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Tomiwasamuel(m): 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2020
Oblongata:
Right in front of B.C.O.S Ibadan (Bashorun) yesterday I say a dead body of a man tied down, possibly in his middle 20s, it was so gory... after a little investigation I was made to know that the dude was caught trying to rob a bike man dead in the night... and he was beaten to death but unfortunately (for the vigilantes o) there was no Tyre nor petrol to burn him so they left him for dead... I felt terrible.

I am tired of this shithole I tell you... May God help us

During my Industrial Attachment program at this same because in 2017 something like this happened in broad day light, a suspected thief was chased from a nearby neighborhood, striped naked, beaten and left for dead ( all this happened right in front of because, The guy even tried seeking help inside because but he was repelled by the security)
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by gidgiddy: 10:50pm On Dec 10, 2020
Only a barbarian participates or supports jungle justice of any kind

It is one of the reasons white people or the civilised people still think that black Africans barbarians when they see pictures of jungle justice
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Olano1: 11:08pm On Dec 10, 2020
Good write up... Exactly my thoughts.
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Drizzy5001(m): 11:44pm On Dec 10, 2020
Many innocent people have died as a result of jungle justice, and the worst matter be say Dem no go allow the person make e talk, they will rather beat him or her then hang tyre on his/her neck and burn em'. It happens most especially in cross river state.
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by panpan(m): 12:21am On Dec 11, 2020
Apart from the fact that a lot of people do not have faith in the police and the justice system, another reason why jungle justice has prevailed is because there is very high probability that those who carry out jungle justice would get away with it.

How many people have been arrested and prosecuted for carrying out acts of jungle justice?
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by thinkmoney(m): 1:26am On Dec 11, 2020
dignity33:
I understand that many Nigerians like taking the law into their hands when thief or arm robber are caught but do you also know that many have died for wrongly accused of certain crime they do not commit. This are some of the reason you should aviod Jungle Justice.

1. Many can accuse someone wrongly out of hatred or sentiment and as a bystander you may not know the actual story of thing and before you realised what you have done the person is dead or in critical condition. It happened in 2019 somewhere in South Africa when two Nigeria was accused of kidnapping a young girl who turn out to be the daughter of one of the victims . And Nigeria with the type of hatred they have on another tribe I have no doubt that it can happen here.

2. Thiefs can turn to accuse their victim of being the thiefs and before you know it the person is dead by mob and the actual theif will find a way to escape . I have read a story of youngmen who stole from someone ran away and while the victim was shouting ole ole, they get to a corner hide and once the owner entered the corner they started beating her calling her thiefs and people gathered without letting the woman to speak and those men sneak away letter it was discovered that the woman is innocent.

3. killing a theif by mob will create more radical arms robbers than those soft robbers who can have a little empathy for their victims and it will also make the work of police more difficult during there investigation for that certain crime because the evidence is dead.

4. Jungle Justice make the killers no different from the robbers or thiefs. lastly our law enforcement ageny should try and be proactive in fighting crime because I'm sure if police are honest in there work of protecting life and property this jungle justice will be a things of the past. Add your comments.
5. And very important. When you kill criminals, you deny the police chance to dig deep and find out if they have rich backers or people that supply them with weapons. This cell will remain intact and will quickly recruit other criminals.
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by Codedlyon: 7:31am On Dec 11, 2020
dignity33:

I really love this post and I think what the government should do is place a law that would arrest all the people in the area to the nearest 1km.
Re: Why Jungle Justice Should Stop Immediately In Nigeria. by osigiepurr(m): 7:43am On Dec 11, 2020
dignity33:

Insightful piece, but as long as corruption, tribalism, nepotism, favouritsm, mediocracy, etc continues to flow in our DNA, JUNGLE JUSTICE shall continue to prevail. This is Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress / Soludo Is Being Sponsored To Bring Down Obi - Labour Party / You Can’t Determine How Buhari Fights Corruption – APC Replies PDP Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.