Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,303 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering (1189 Views)

1st Class in Maths: Maniru Ibrahim Gets N9.2bn Scholarship For PhD In Ireland / 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths / What I Did To Help My Child Improve In Maths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by NewJ6322: 12:49am On Dec 11, 2020
Please your candid advice are needed
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by blackpanthar: 1:22am On Dec 11, 2020
yes as long as its not in Nigeria else you may be studying backwards
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by ZhiosonWind: 1:47am On Dec 11, 2020
it will take a miracle. and miracles don't Happen
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by Omoolami100: 1:51am On Dec 11, 2020
Hmm... Brotherly smiley cry
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by Siahnation: 2:00am On Dec 11, 2020
No Sir
To study engineering in general, you must be good in mathematics.

You need to understand your Calculus very well because it's the basics...

Electrical Engineering and Electronics needs much of mathematics and if you get confused while solving mathematics, please don't study it except you're ready to spend your whole time studying.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by Ekpeitut: 2:18am On Dec 11, 2020
Yes and No.
If you think you can then you can.
If you think you can't then you can't.
Either way you're right in your assessment.

But I'd advice you invest your time and work on your maths weakness if you really want to study Electrical/ Electronics. Nigeria is full of young people who would rather look for the easy way out of things. Dare to be different and when tomorrow comes you'll be glad you faced your maths problem head on. See you at the top.

I used to have maths phobia but my desire to study engineering was stronger, so I did what I advised in the paragraph above and today after two solid engineering degrees (1st and 2nd) I can tell you authoritatively that facing my maths problem early on as a jambito was the best decision I ever made.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by budaatum: 2:45am On Dec 11, 2020
Yes. That person would just need to do some serious above average study since mathematics is learnt through hard long practise.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by 1stHooligan(m): 3:05am On Dec 11, 2020
budaatum:
Yes. That person would just need to do some serious above average study since mathematics is learnt through hard long practise.

even those who are good in mathematics find it very hard to cope with the course. but if the op can devote more time to study he will definitely improve but it's unlikely

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by budaatum: 4:21am On Dec 11, 2020
1stHooligan:

even those who are good in mathematics find it very hard to cope with the course. but if the op can devote more time to study he will definitely improve but it's unlikely
It is not unlikely. You do not know the extent of the powers and abilities of the op nor how hard the op has or can devote to the study of learning maths, which is a skill and not knowledge or an ability one is born with.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by LordIsaac(m): 5:51am On Dec 11, 2020
Truth is, every class you attend would be like the tutor is doing magic. You will be expecting a miracle after every exam and in 200level at most, the department itself will withdraw you. That will be the beginning of a 10-year journey for a five years course. School is meant to be fun and predicated upon interest and competence. Don't gamble on Maths... Your Waec experience should let you know better if you did it yourself..

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by everglaze01: 7:16am On Dec 11, 2020
I was average too and I did great, so you can too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by olabosipo66559: 8:49am On Dec 11, 2020
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by femi4: 8:51am On Dec 11, 2020
NewJ6322:
Don't try it. In fact maths is not enough, you need a little bit of further maths to scale through the likes of math103, ENG 221, 321

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by BigDawsNet: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2020
Most of your course will be based on calculations... If you not sure about your ability... Kindly find a soft course..

Your destiny will never pass you

School is all about study and have fun
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by Ramsey19: 10:26am On Dec 11, 2020
you can bro, with determination, commitment, mixing with right people, getting of relevant materials and prayer for wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

I'm a testimony to this. I could remember I didn't know accounting in my secondary school days and I wanted to study accounting and with the help of all those mentioned above, I knew accounting that I I was the 8th best candidate out of around 260+ in my poly days.

I'm now a finalist in public university with good academic standing and I'm done with ICAN. Glory be to God.

IF you believe you can, you're half way there.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by spy24(m): 10:42am On Dec 11, 2020
O.P can you ride a car without fuel ?

grin grin grin
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by 21cents: 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2020
Don't ever listen to those telling you that you can do it. to save yourself time, don't even think about going for engineering if your background in maths isn't top notch. like you have to be good in it and be sure of your mathematical skills to graduate with 1st, or 2.1. not for the faint hearted.

had similar experience where I was given maths/stats to study instead of Agric that I applied for and I thought I could handle it just like you. it ended in tears for me at 400L as I couldn't cope, no thanks to my bad first year results.

Now I'm running another simpler course and doing well academically. Save yourself the inevitable and go for a course you can handle.

had a friend in engineering department then who was also like you. long story short, he had to repeat a level while changing department to Science education and results are still not good enough at the point of graduation due to his bastardized journey in engineering department.

the ball is in your court tho.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by NewJ6322: 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
LordIsaac:
Truth is, every class you attend would be like the tutor is doing magic. You will be expecting a miracle after every exam and in 200level at most, the department itself will withdraw you. That will be the beginning of a 10-year journey for a five years course. School is meant to be fun and predicated upon interest and competence. Don't gamble on Maths... Your Waec experience should let you know better if you did it yourself..
I am good at calculations but not excellent
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by juniorstar(m): 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
with determination you would do well. had a friend in bch who moved to elect elect in 200 level he was average in maths but finished in record time. just buy shroud and advanced engineering maths and start studying when you encounter difficulty look for someone to put you tru. most elect students I know of work in group, they help each other

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by Seikiri1: 5:35pm On Dec 11, 2020
olabosipo66559:
With the God Elijah, miracles does happen.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by jesmond3945: 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2020
Frontpage
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by tobechi20(m): 11:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
Are you willing to improve
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 12, 2020
Ermmm. Technically you'll really run into some problems along the line. When you encounter things like vector calculus, laplace transform and other other shits like that, no lecturer will have the time to start explaining the basics to you. Well, long story short; you can buy you will run into problems.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 12, 2020
Wow, interesting topic O.P.
I have similar problem, though na mech eng I dey because my papa want mk I go mech and my math (na only God know how I go take do that 1 for engineering).

But originally na Computer science I wan do(I know say math dey there) I dey think boya mk I resit for jamb, and apply for the course wey I get passion for. Or mk I just dey do so help me God for engineering ( especially those engineering maths-na die).

Note: I am very sound when it comes to physics and chemistry but that maths(na average).

Wetin una think.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by Tohsynetita1: 9:43am On Dec 12, 2020
Luckyheart:
Wow, interesting topic O.P.
I have similar problem, though na mech eng I dey because my papa want mk I go mech and my math (na only God know how I go take do that 1 for engineering).

But originally na Computer science I wan do(I know say math dey there) I dey think boya mk I resit for jamb, and apply for the course wey I get passion for. Or mk I just dey do so help me God for engineering ( especially those engineering maths-na die).

Note: I am very sound when it comes to physics and chemistry but that maths(na average).

Wetin una think.
I feel teach you math, if you are willing to learn
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by Tohsynetita1: 9:46am On Dec 12, 2020
NewJ6322:
If you are willing to learn, l can teach you the basics.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 12, 2020
Tohsynetita1:
I feel teach you math, if you are willing to learn

I am ready to learn sir. How do we go about it?
Re: Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering by engrjosefz(m): 3:21pm On Dec 12, 2020
Yes! You can study Electrical and Electronics Engineering, you just need to put in extra efforts in your studies knowing your weaknesses.

(1) (Reply)

MAPOLY Female Students Stealthily Enter Class While Lecture Is Ongoing (VIDEO) / WAEC Registration 2023/2024 Has Started / Between Private And Federal Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.