Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Too Many Poisons In Our Food - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Too Many Poisons In Our Food (853 Views)

Ten Poisons That Are Found In Your Food,check How You Kill Yourselves Unknownly! / The 10 Deadliest Poisons In The World / Top Ten Deadliest Poisons In Theworld And It Effects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Too Many Poisons In Our Food by gbagudara: 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2011
Have you read any food or drink label lately to see how we are being slowly poisoned to death.  Why is no one protesting? Benzene (a known carcinogenic) and its derivatives are present in many food products as a preservative. So is EDTA. Some other poisons are added to preserve freshness.
Processed food manufacturers claim that the poisons in our food are in such minute quantities that it will take a large dose of it to kill anyone.  What about gradual accumulation?  Should we strongly demand and return to fresh farm products, the so called "organic?" What are your individual comments on this troubling issue. Some say that is the reason why we have so many diseases of unknown origins these days. Is this true?
Re: Too Many Poisons In Our Food by obowunmi(m): 6:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
gbagudara:

Have you read any food or drink label lately to see how we are being slowly poisoned to death.  Why is no one protesting?
Processed food manufacturers claim that the poisons in our food are in such minute quantities that it will take a large dose of it to kill anyone.  Do you agree with their stand?  Should we strongly demand and return to fresh farm products, the so called "organic?"

Good question. Food from Nigeria is the BEST IMO --- my family owns a farm. Fresh food is the best, plus it tastes different. I mean you decide what you put in your body, so you don't have to buy over processed or chemically induced food.
Re: Too Many Poisons In Our Food by gbagudara: 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2011
Good talk. I hear you my brother. I will take your advice.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience And View Of Sleep Paralysis / Important Tips To Take Care Of People With HIV AIDS / Do You Know About Chest Pain? Get Enlightened..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.