Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

New Website to View African Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / New Website to View African Stories (1120 Views)

Read This If You Love Real African Stories / Dominic Onyekachi Creates Digital Collection Of African Stories For Kids - CNN / The 5 Guidelines To Great African Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Website to View African Stories by Emulsy: 3:10am On Dec 12, 2020
For those who love reading and writing stories,

I managed to find out about this very new website called Gudereads. It is a new place where you can display stories and novels that I think was created by some Nigerians.

Right now, it seems to be a work in progress and is still growing. But I'm really excited about where it can go in the future.

To visit the site, click https://gudereads.com/.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Website to View African Stories by Emulsy: 9:26am On Jan 04, 2021
Re: New Website to View African Stories by Narcop: 9:38am On Jan 04, 2021
Cool. I'll check it out.

1 Like

Re: New Website to View African Stories by Emulsy: 10:53am On Jan 04, 2021
smiley That's great.

1 Like

Re: New Website to View African Stories by Narcop: 10:55am On Jan 04, 2021
It looks pretty good. Can anyone post there?
Re: New Website to View African Stories by Emulsy: 10:56am On Jan 04, 2021
Looks like it.

I'm planning on posting some stories of my own.
Re: New Website to View African Stories by generalpelu(m): 2:59am On Jan 05, 2021
That website is yours. Stop cheating people with lies.

Ask people to write and if they wish to do it for free, they will. Stop pretending you don't know who owns it.

That's fraud.

1 Like

Re: New Website to View African Stories by Narcop: 7:52am On Jan 16, 2021
Hi Emulsy,

I want to post, but I can't figure out how to upload a novel?
Re: New Website to View African Stories by Narcop: 8:11am On Jan 16, 2021
Narcop:
Hi Emulsy,

I want to post, but I can't figure out how to upload a novel?

?
Re: New Website to View African Stories by Emulsy: 11:03am On Jan 16, 2021
Narcop:

?

Hi, I haven't even done that myself.

I was recommended the site in my whatsapp group so I don't know everything.

Contact the site admin maybe, I'll post when I get round to it.

1 Like

Re: New Website to View African Stories by Narcop: 11:08am On Jan 16, 2021
Ok...

A writing group right? Do you have any links?
Re: New Website to View African Stories by Emulsy: 11:13am On Jan 16, 2021
Narcop:
Ok...

A writing group right? Do you have any links?

Yep. It's a small community for supporting Nigerian writers. But it's a private group so I can't share anything.

I'm sure one of the managers/owners is a member, but I don't know personally, sorry. Play around the site or just email them directly.
Re: New Website to View African Stories by Narcop: 11:16am On Jan 16, 2021
Ok...

Thanks anyways.

I'll try again.
Re: New Website to View African Stories by Emulsy: 11:20am On Jan 16, 2021
Sure.
Re: New Website to View African Stories by Gudereads: 5:48am On May 27, 2021
Hi All,

This is the official account for the Gudereads site. Thank you everyone in this thread for the interest that you have shown interest in what we do. However, there was some information I can see here given to some social media groups during in it's initial launch that are not exactly correct.

The website is indeed a portal to view stories created primarily by Africans, however you cannot personally publish any stories yourself at the moment, which I can imagine that some were having a hard time trying to do. All stories are submitted to the Gudereads team and eventually uploaded on the site.

Please @Emulsy, can you change your title? Thank you very much.

Please learn more about Gudereads and the Gudereads team in upcoming thread 'About Gudereads- A portal to read fresh new literature'.

Thank you All
Re: New Website to View African Stories by Emulsy: 4:56am On May 28, 2021
Gudereads:
Hi All,

This is the official account for the Gudereads site. Thank you everyone in this thread for the interest that you have shown interest in what we do. However, there was some information I can see here given to some social media groups during in it's initial launch that are not exactly correct.

The website is indeed a portal to view stories created primarily by Africans, however you cannot personally publish any stories yourself at the moment, which I can imagine that some were having a hard time trying to do. All stories are submitted to the Gudereads team and eventually uploaded on the site.

Please @Emulsy, can you change your title? Thank you very much.

Please learn more about Gudereads and the Gudereads team in upcoming thread 'About Gudereads- A portal to read fresh new literature'.

Thank you All

Ok...
I've done that.

(1) (Reply)

Technical Writers Needed Asap / The Long Harmattan Season / Free Online Writing Tutorial For Nigerian Writers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.