Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? (20455 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Court awards N500m against FG on extraordinary rendition / Nnamdi Kanu’s Family May Sue UK Govt Over "Illegal Rendition" Of IPOB Leader / Dino Melaye Asks Festus Keyamo To Recite Second Stanza Of The National Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2020
post=96990345:
The rendition of the national anthem at the experience this morning was mind-blowing, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Xhv7mduPc

lalasticlala

nice zoo anthem grin grin
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by bewla(m): 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
Nazgul:
With how battered that country is currently, I'll say this country doesn't deserve such wonderful rendition. Next time they should compose a mourning song with the anthem. It would be much better.
I challenge u to open sweet mouth fight

how dear u call my country name with u noing me
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by peacettw: 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2020
Gwagone:
Is this going to make Buhari come out undecided

Was feeling all teary but lol'ed at loud when I read this.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by mayormick(m): 2:49pm On Dec 12, 2020
Incognito403:
Please, if you've not watched it, don't bother to. It's gibberish and a waste of time and data.

It's better to let your data expire than to spend it on this crap.
Lolz....thanks bro. If to follow all comments, I for don use my data watch am finish but just one comment of yours saved my data.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by opribo(m): 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2020
It doesnt concern bubu.
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by King2019(m): 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2020
FuckThaMod:
Rubbish, when i was a kid i took the National anthem to heart, i made sure i was patriotic, i wasn't tribalistic, i loved everyone, everytime i sang the anthem with pure joy and pride. But later my eyes started opening especially when i started noticing the politicians behaved opposite of what the anthem denotes. They took the masses for fools, caused majority of them pain and sorrows as the years went by.
Anyone common man that is still patriotic today is not normal, cos no one enjoys suffering.

The name Nigeria is a curse that should not have been
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by OfficialSam(m): 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2020
Following
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by Cousin9999: 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2020
1. Wow.
2. They are NOT playing.
3. They were oversinging. Sorry.
4. They need to feel the song and tell a story with their voice. They were mostly demonstrating vocal control, power, and style. But they weren't really singing the anthem to the audience.
5. Well done.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by pjc(m): 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2020
They try... but Nigerians already hate Nigeria, why continue with all the charades.
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by CaptainFM1: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2020
No. It doesn't sound like an anthem to me.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by oilking: 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2020
Nazgul:
With how battered that country is currently, I'll say this country doesn't deserve such wonderful rendition. Next time they should compose a mourning song with the anthem. It would be much better.

U live in a country where many are uniformed, ignorant, uncommitted, against a few that are enlightened.

Many mumure against the system but only wail loudly in hidden but grow cold feet when it's time to resist the system...
The country is in Comma✊

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by femi4: 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2020
post=96990345:
The rendition of the national anthem at the experience this morning was mind-blowing, check it out.

lalasticlala

Nonsense...just stressing the words

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by Kyase(m): 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2020
Incognito403:
Please, if you've not watched it, don't bother to. It's gibberish and a waste of time and data.

It's better to let your data expire than to spend it on this crap.
I saw your comment late cry
Just waste my data for nothing, no even fit complete am

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by Kalaba(m): 5:10pm On Dec 12, 2020
SILVERLINES:
evil d worry u
You're are the evil I guess
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by maipeople(m): 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2020
If I have enough administrative power, this lady that sang the song must be arrested and dealt with for bastardisation of national anthem.
I will only spare her for the assumption of her good intention in doing the most awful national anthem ever.

post=96990345:

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by Soljaboi44(m): 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2020
angry angry angry angry

It sounds like praises and worship
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by Coinbased: 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2020
No
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by alfredilly: 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2020
I think this is the rendition by American singer Ciara in 2006
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by CeterisXVII: 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
post=96990345:

lalasticlala

I can't see anything mind blowing in this rendition. They were just faking it, and trying to overstress their vocals. It came out sounding twisted. Very uninspiring.

I will always prefer the old anthem to this one. "Nigeria, we hail thee;
Our own dear native land...!"

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by oladam23(m): 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2020
I didn't even bother to watch the part, because the country right now is not worth a rendition like that.
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by themanderon: 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2020
Hearing anything about this nation causes severe depression. Since the onset of this administration no good news comes out of Nigeria on a daily basis. No matter the rendition of the anthem, it doesn't change the fact we are living a lie in this nation.
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by aalangel(f): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2020
Just okay.
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by CaptainFM1: 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2020
Kalaba:
Am I the only one that gets charged up whenever I listen to or read the lyrics of the National anthem, especially the 2nd stanza. One reason I love watching national team football, there's something spiritual about the national anthem and there's everything spiritual about this country, and until we return to the one above who giveth directions, this country may never move forward.

What a wonderful rendition.
What an experience.
#TheExperience of Peace.

My brother, that's the spirit behind every national anthem. It is meant to enliven and embolden the citizenry spirit. Any rendition that does not motivate or charge anyone is just a "bullsheet crap". Beyonce even gave a better spirit lifting rendition of our anthem than this mockery they showcase here.

You are not the only one that listen to the wordings of our anthem. Everytime I recite it in my adulthood, I always say this Anthem is power packed. It is really very inspirational. You know another thing I like most is the Pledge.

Yes the Pledge. Those words are deep. I would like our government officials to be reciting it at every functions instead of the Anthem to remind them it is a commitment pledge. Either case, neither the Anthem nor the pledge should be sang like this rubbish here.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by Apktotheworld: 12:06am On Dec 13, 2020
CSTRR:
I have heard better.

Sandra osamor presentation on the voice NIgeria audition.
She sang it like an opera

Tiwa savage independence day presentation on ndani TV.

Finally, Praiz independence day presentation on supersport.

They are all on YouTube and they are better .
Osamor's is the best I have heard so far. Trust chee will kill it too sha

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by Litmus: 2:07am On Dec 13, 2020
King2019:

The name Nigeria is a curse that should not have been

Keep repeating that, eventually you will believe it not the rest of us. Those old ways of subjugating Africa will not work with Nigerians, it's too late, we Nigerians are the ones that got away wink
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by BluntNigerian: 4:20am On Dec 13, 2020
No..
Not the best rendition.
Not even good to me.
They have good voices though (even though the lady on the left looked like all those aliens-vs-predators -- but her voice tastes like peppermint).
The missed off the anthem rhythm at many points.
This rendition can never be played anywhere as our national anthem..
This is more like something that can be played while the dinner is already going on (with food already in the mouths of the guests), so that nobody can feel any obliged to sing along.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by Sarang(f): 4:52am On Dec 13, 2020
MYZOLE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHhaKIZAVPw

A CAPITAL NO....... The guy in the above video to me is the best remix of our NATIONAL ANTHEM and PLEDGE..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lmfao cheesy grin
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by Jimmy231: 10:17am On Dec 13, 2020
1Alex:
Cool

Very very cool my brother.
mungun every body say music no good say na wasting of data you they say cool cool my brother . Though me never hear am
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by Encoreunltd(m): 1:31pm On Dec 13, 2020
Gwagone:
Is0 this going to make Buhari come out undecided

As gay, that would be great

FYI, I LOVE GAY PEOPLE. LGBTQ+
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by Gwagone: 1:58pm On Dec 13, 2020
Encoreunltd:

As gay, that would be great

FYI, I LOVE GAY PEOPLE. LGBTQ+
What are saying ooo undecided
Re: Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? by Encoreunltd(m): 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
Gwagone:

What are saying ooo undecided

You dey craze. Follow the thread and stop mentioning me please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Profile Of Bassey Otu, Cross River Governor-elect / Tribunal: LP, INEC Disagree Over Election Document / Northern Youths Challenge Buhari Over Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.