Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,637 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Remove Background Image On Svg Images - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Remove Background Image On Svg Images (714 Views)

How I Switched To Data Science From A Non IT Background - My Learning Experience / How To Remove Background Image Without Photoshop For Your Website Designs / Tep By Step To Add Image On A Website Using HTML5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remove Background Image On Svg Images by Tunechi5(m): 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2020
Please how can I remove background image on svg icons.....css background:none; doesn't work
Re: Remove Background Image On Svg Images by etoluw: 9:05pm On Dec 12, 2020
Tunechi5:
Please how can I remove background image on svg icons

where is the image?
Re: Remove Background Image On Svg Images by Tunechi5(m): 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2020
etoluw:

where is the image?

Re: Remove Background Image On Svg Images by aronski(m): 9:31pm On Dec 12, 2020
[quote author=Tunechi5 post=97006165][/quote]
Use any image editing software to remove the image background before converting it to SVG.
I use INKSCAPE to remove image background and convert to svg.
Re: Remove Background Image On Svg Images by Tunechi5(m): 9:44pm On Dec 12, 2020
aronski:

Use any image editing software to remove the image background before converting it to SVG.
I use INKSCAPE to remove image background and convert to svg.
can u show me how cause am using ink space and it not working
Re: Remove Background Image On Svg Images by Karleb(m): 10:05pm On Dec 12, 2020
Go through the svg tag and remove anything that has to do with background.

1 Like

Re: Remove Background Image On Svg Images by aronski(m): 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2020
Tunechi5:
can u show me how cause am using ink space and it not working
1. Open image with INKSCAPE
2. Select image
3. Goto Paths >> Trace Bitmap... (which is located at the top of the app) or u can just use the shortcut i.e. Shift + Alt + B
4. A new window will open, click on UPDATE button on the window to see the new bitmap you have created. You will see it printed in black and white (with background already removed) and after that click on OK button
See image 1
5. After clicking on the OK button on the new window, you will see that the bitmap u have created has been selected.Now, you click on it with ur mouse and seprate the bitmap for its original image so that you will be able to delete the original image and leave the bitmap (its simple, just delete the original image with DELETE button on ur keyboard and you will have ur bitmap in black and white (with no background) left.
See image 2
6. After deleting the original image, you will have ur bitmap left
See image 3
7. Now that u have ur bitmap, click on File option, located at the top of the app and click on Save As and ur bitmap will be saved as an SVG. you can now view it in a browser/apply to ur codes/create an font icon with it

Re: Remove Background Image On Svg Images by Tunechi5(m): 8:43am On Dec 13, 2020
aronski:

1. Open image with INKSCAPE
2. Select image
3. Goto Paths >> Trace Bitmap... (which is located at the top of the app) or u can just use the shortcut i.e. Shift + Alt + B
4. A new window will open, click on UPDATE button on the window to see the new bitmap you have created. You will see it printed in black and white (with background already removed) and after that click on OK button
See image 1
5. After clicking on the OK button on the new window, you will see that the bitmap u have created has been selected.Now, you click on it with ur mouse and seprate the bitmap for its original image so that you will be able to delete the original image and leave the bitmap (its simple, just delete the original image with DELETE button on ur keyboard and you will have ur bitmap in black and white (with no background) left.
See image 2
6. After deleting the original image, you will have ur bitmap left
See image 3
7. Now that u have ur bitmap, click on File option, located at the top of the app and click on Save As and ur bitmap will be saved as an SVG. you can now view it in a browser/apply to ur codes/create an font icon with it

Bro this worked thank you v much

1 Like

Re: Remove Background Image On Svg Images by Badilstical(m): 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2020
Next time just do this it saves you time to focus on the main thing google "removebg", it does the magic in 30secs for you
Re: Remove Background Image On Svg Images by TechCapon(m): 1:09pm On Dec 13, 2020
Tunechi5:
Please how can I remove background image on svg icons.....css background:none; doesn't work
use this website called remove.bg
Re: Remove Background Image On Svg Images by Roadyroadie: 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2020
Tunechi5:
Hello, try and put the svg in a div and style the div with background: transparent

(1) (Reply)

Send All Django-python Bug Or Problems Here.(django Mentorship Class) / Is It Possible To Get A Remote Job Outside Nigeria As A Graphic Designer / Javascript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.