Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. (10077 Views)

How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy / TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2 / The Beginning Of A Teenage Love Affair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 28, 2011
ok, o still dey read. keep it coming
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Mobsync(m): 6:45am On Mar 29, 2011
Can't she tell us some "romantic" parts since sex wasn't involved. Abi dat one 2 no dey?
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Mobsync(m): 10:00am On Mar 29, 2011
Where im dey sef,abi im don dey do like dat useless ayo?
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Atreides(f): 1:46pm On Mar 29, 2011
Aww. . Yesterday was real busy so i couldn't post any updates. I'm actually having a lecture now(GST 111) buh when i get home i'll post updates
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Mobsync(m): 7:55am On Mar 30, 2011
We want beta tin 2day ooo,no come dey tell us wetin happen 4 dentist shop.
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by eghost247(m): 8:54am On Mar 30, 2011
Mobsync:

We want beta tin 2day ooo,no come dey tell us wetin happen 4 dentist shop.
Lmao
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 30, 2011
You people should be ashamed of yourselves!!!! angry angry angry angry
How can you ask the girl to write se.xy or lewd stories? She is a young child that just got into the university.
@Atreides, don't mind them. Continue writing clean write ups . . . .so you are a UNIBEN student eh? That's nice. I am also a UNIBEN student.
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Mobsync(m): 11:06am On Mar 30, 2011
Feilis abi wetin u call urself,u dey mad na me u dey tell say make i dey ashamed of myself, abi-i go get back 2 u l8r nd as 4 u atedes,be careful of dat boy,datz hw dey behave he has told u hes in uniben l8r he would be asking 4 ur address nd hw 2 meet u. A word is enough 4 d wisesmiley
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by GSyntax(m): 5:30pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ Atriedes, we are still waiting for more gist na. Or are u going to give us a resume of all that happened within this your period of silence in a single post? I think ur posts will be more interesting if u can give us the updates on a daily basis. Anyway, am still counting the secs,
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 30, 2011
Mobsync:

Feilis abi wetin u call urself,u dey mad na me u dey tell say make i dey ashamed of myself, abi-i go get back 2 u l8r nd as 4 u atedes,be careful of dat boy,datz hw dey behave he has told u hes in uniben l8r he would be asking 4 your address nd hw 2 meet u. A word is enough 4 d wisesmiley
What if I ask for Atreides address? Is it wrong if I decide to network with her seeing as how we are in the same school?
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by eghost247(m): 6:33pm On Mar 30, 2011
^^^People Take it easy let the the original poster write her journals and u can read but dont decide what she writes
if your looking for something of interest to read i believe there lots of Storybooks novels both fiction and non fiction for you all to read instead of throwing insults at each other
Peace
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2011
Oh relax.
It's all in good fun. wink
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Ishilove: 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2011
Very very nice Atreides. You are a natural born writer, and you write very maturely for someone so young. Methinks you started reading books at a very early age and it reflects in the way you write. Whatever you do resist the temptation to make your entries overly exotic. Life isn't a soap opera,so if certain bad belle philistines don't appreciate your journal entries just ignore 'em and keep doing your thang. I'm a budding writer meself but ma notes are on fb.

Keep it up gurl,talent is like a blunt knife,u gotta hone for it to be of any use to you

1 Like

Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Atreides(f): 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
I wasn't gonna reply today cos i'm way too tired but i'll just post somethng.
New Entry: 8:43p.m Wednesay 30th of March,2011.
I went to school on Monday,just to see how things were going. Turns out,lectures held. I waited for a few hours at the twin Lt's with a friend of mine,Suks(pronounced Socks). Okay her parents didn't really decide to name their kid Suks;we did. Her real name's Sukanmi,but we call her Suks. It always pisses her off so the name's stuck. So anyway,Suks and i went to school together(since i don't really know anywhere yet) and we hung out with a bunch of her friends at LT2. By 3-ish they had Bus 112-which i don't offer since she's a management science student and i'm not. I decided to go to the NESA office. I don't know how to describe it exactly;only that it's an office run by students and relating to students of Economics and Statistics. I wanted to get my time table and info on textbooks,school fees and stuff. My class rep's number was on a board so i saved it on my phone.

While i was there,i found out that scholarship forms were being given out. There're some oil companies;NNPC,Shell,Total etc etc that give out scholarship to 100 level students. Now i'll be honest,i wasn't really gung-ho about the whole scholarship thingy. I mean,sure,it's nice and all,but i don't really benefit from it. Oh yeah,my dad'll get to save his money,but how will that benefit me? It's not like he'll give me the money he's saving,right? That's what i was thinking-until someone told me that the companies pay students allowances. How much,i wondered. My cousin told me that her brother(who's also my cousin)was a beneficiary of a Shell scholarship in school and they paid him 100k per semester or per session,she wasn't sure which,and that was 5 years ago! My mind whirled as i thought of all the things i could do with that money.
Ipod touch,check. Hp Mini,check. Hell,i could even pay for dstv's premium bouquet and FINALLY get to watch my beloved Tinsel,after missing all the episodes since i left home!

Maybe it's a bit childish for me to be thinking about what i'd do with money i haven't even gotten,but i can't seem to stop myself. My cousin also said i could get sent abroad for my Masters and when i got back,i'd have a guaranteed job with Shell. That also got me thinking. I've always been very concerned with my future and with the idea of making something of myself. A guaranteed job at Shell sounded pretty damn good. I mean sure,it's not like i'd work there forever(my masterplan's to work 5-7 years in the corporate world and then start something of my own). I've always known i'd go stir-crazy working a regular 9 to 5 job so self-employment was always on my plate,and then reading 'Rich dad Poor dad' solidified that idea.

A good job would mean a lot of things for me. For starters,i'd be able to spoil my mom rotten. She's a stay-at-home mom,and she's made alot of sacrifices to be there for me. I sorta took them for granted until i grew older and saw how many kids my age would give an arm and a leg to have what i have-good meals,a parent waiting for me at home,someone to talk to about school and other little things i've taken as normal. My mom had a couple of not-so-good experiences when i was a kid. I remember one of my dad's sisters who lived abroad would come visiting every now and then,and she would bring stuff for my dad-gold watches,shoes,clothes,and nothing for my mom,someone who would cook for her,her daughters,her daughter's friends(my mom can cook for the whole world if you let her). I remember walking in on her talking to herself and saying how one George(forgive me if i'm spelling it wrong) wrapper would be nice. She tried to act like nothing was wrong but i'd heard her,and i told her not to worry. "Is it George wrapper you want? Don't worry mommy,i'll buy them for you someday soon. Infact,it will get to the point where you'll tell me it's too much and you don't want again,just you wait and see". She laughed at me and called me silly. It was a childish promise then,but even now,the basic elements are still there. I will buy her all the George wrappers she wants. Hell,i'll buy her everything she wants(and knowing her she won't ask for what she wants but i'll buy them anyway).

I haven't been the perfect daughter;infact i'm her most problematic child. As i grew older,we kept butting heads,and i'm actually closer to my dad than i am to her. My mom and i have a lot of ish-she gets under my skin,she irritates me,sometimes she just makes me wanna break stuff,and i imagine i make her feel the same way sometimes. But you know what,she's still my mom,and i love her very much. I know i piss her off,and chances are,i'll continue to piss her off with regularity as time goes on,and vice versa,but she's still my mom,and she holds a very special place in my life.
She has a perfectly good degree,and she gave that up to take care of us.

There was a time when we sorta felt that we'd held her back,like we'd stopped her from fulfilling her dreams or something,but she set us straight. I'll never forget what she said;"When i was growing up,this-being a stay-at-home mom wasn't my dream,i'll admit that. But you know what? Dreams change. Mine did. If i could go back in time,i would do it all over again. I don't regret the sacrifices i made.
I look at you,my four beautiful babies(my bro was still a baby then but she still calls all of us her babies-go figure)and it's all worth it,so never feel like you held me back,because you didn't".
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Mobsync(m): 9:08pm On Mar 30, 2011
GOod keep up d gud work bt STAY AWAY 4RM FEILIS.
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Atreides(f): 9:26pm On Mar 30, 2011
New Entry: 8:49 p.m Wednesday March 30th.
With those thoughts at the back of my head,i paid for the form. Suddenly,i really,really wanted to win that scholarship. Oh wait,scratch that,i really,really wanT to win that scholarship. I just hope everything goes according to plan.

Soi called my class rep and we agreed to meet at the NESA office(which is like the only place i know in my faculty apart from Twin Lts). Okay i realize that not everybody reading this knows what the Twin Lts are. LT1 and LT2(collectively known as the Twin LT's)are two lecture halls at the back of the Faculty of Social Sciences(which is simply called Faculty). They're right next to each other and they're identical,hence the name Twin Lts. Anyways,i digress. My class rep came to meet me. He's a tall,lanky fellow,and he wears glasses. He looks way older than me(okay maybe not waay older-just 4 or 5 years,but hell,that's older!). I guess i was used to my class prefect being someone who's the same age as i am(that's how it is in sec. school) so i was a bit surprised to see him. That didn't show on my face though. You know me,picture of charming conversation and all.(Did i ever mention the fact that i don't really like people?).

So anyways we got talking;he told me that two Eco textbooks and one Pol textbook was available. Pol stands for Political Science(i think) and Eco's my Economics courses-i've got three of them. We finalized arrangements. I had a little money with me and i wanted to pay for the textbooks there and then but he told me to wait till the next day(Tuesday). I'd made some new friends in the NESA office;there was a really nice 300level Eco student. He was the one who told me all about the scholarship forms and stuff,and he took my number. After we finished talking,i mentioned my sisters. "Those twins who wear the same clothes? They both wear glasses?". Yeah,i replied. "No way! Although",he paused,looking at me again,"you look like them. It's in the nose and the chin"  "Thanks",i said,not sure if i should but doing it all the same. We gisted a bit(while we were waiting for my class rep)and when he asked for my number i figured it was cool,since he was nice,and he knew my sisters and all. He's not really my type though. Too lanky. Not to mention the fact that we're practically the same height(and i never wear heels!). After i finished with my class rep,i said bye to them(i ended up talking with a couple of people in there)and then i left. My brain was going into overdrive as i contemplated the thing that could bring an end to my existence.

Oh don't get your panties in a bunch,nothing's gonna end my existence(not that i know of,anyways). I was thinking about the next day(Wednesday's) timetable. See,my class rep told me that we had classes from 10 a.m to 5 p.m straight. No breaks. 7 hours uninterruped. I could almost hear the nuts and bolts in my brain squeaking in protest at the very thought. I wanted to yell with the unfairness of it. How could they schedule 7 hours of uninterrupted classes? What monsters made that timetable? Could they possibly be any more inhuman?

I pondered those questions,and other random ones-i can never think of only one thing for too long;sometimes my brain is so hyper-active it's like my brain(lovely part of my body,by the way)is on a sugar high or something. I took a bus from Faculty to Main gate and then took a bus from Main Gate home. I got up around 7 a.m today. I did some chores and finally left home around 9.15ish. I didn't take any fluids before i left. There are no toilets in Uniben(okay,i'm sure there are,somewhere-i just know i'm prolly never gonna go there myself. Toilets that thousands of people use? No thank,you).

My first lecture,SAA 111(aka Introduction to Sociology and Anthropology)was to hold at the Basement,West Wing;another place we receive lectures. A good deal of it is underground-hence the nickname-Basement. I'm not sure anyone knows what it's really called. There was only one problem=I didn't know where Basement was(again,don't blame me-i'm not versed in the art of waka-about. If i have no business there,then i wont be there. I started attending lectures late so i wasn't able to attend one before the Nuga break).

I didn't wanna go about asking everyone;oh sorry,where's the West Wing in Basement. It would be like a giant sign saying 'JJC'  on/over my head. Suks was having lectures and i couldn't call her,so i did the next best thing-i called Kevin. Kevin's my second cousin,once removed or one kain thing,and he's in Uniben too. He's in Engineering so i called him and told me he'd be the one to take me to Basement. He agreed(like he had a choice grin ) and he took me there.

I think there were like 300 to 400 students there,and only about 200 seats(if we squeezed ourselves or sat with only one side of our bottoms). Since i was late,i had to deal with another problem-no chairs. Plus,the fans there were just for decoration,and there were no windows. It was friggin hot. I don't do well with heat. So there i was,chairless,breezeless,claustrophobic(though mildly so),surrounded by sweaty people. And i'm talking different levels of sweat. Mild dampness,averagely soaked and torrential downpours. Kev left after i thanked him and i was stuck there,alone. I was thinking of leaving altogether(because i didn't see how i could stand for one complete hour in the blistering heat)when one of Suk's friends saw me. He wasn't offering SAA,but the class after it,so he gave me his seat(such a gentleman,isn't he?)
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Atreides(f): 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2011
Mobsync:

GOod keep up d gud work bt STAY AWAY 4RM FEILIS.
DEATH!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Mobsync(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2011
Death 2 u too nd again try 2 realize dat some illetrates(spellig sef no correct,make i switch go pidgin jo)i no know oyinbo Ooo i no know wetin be claudophobia abi wetin u call am?
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Atreides(f): 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2011
Kolo. . Death means what you wrote was so funny i almost died laughing!

Claustrophobia's the fear of confined/enclosed spaces. Like all those small places where there are no windows,no breeze,too many people squeezing into a space that's too small,feeling closed in or overcrowded makes me uncomfortable. I always sit near a window/near the exit,and i don't like sitting down in the middle of two people-i like sitting down at the edge. It's not as bad as some people's own sha which is why i said 'mildly'.
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Mobsync(m): 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2011
D meanin of death l know means 2 die nd which one be kolo
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Mobsync(m): 8:11pm On Apr 01, 2011
I neva see update 2day Ooo

>>>checks under his chair maybe its dere<<<<

Or u didn't post anything?
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by eghost247(m): 11:19pm On Apr 01, 2011
Some People are looking to read more than a journal Lol
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Brisingr(m): 3:23pm On Apr 03, 2011
read about d skolaship part i got screwed ova alot in my 1st yr gudluck wit d hunt.thought d whole thread was due to nuga idleness glad to see it developed into sumtin more
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by maclatunji: 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2011
@Atreides, I just observed a small error in your write-ups, it does not reduce from the reader's understanding of your posts but if you make this change, it will make your write-up even more respectable.

The pronoun "I" should always be in uppercase irrespective of the position it is found in a sentence. So make it "I" and not "i". Goodluck with your schooling and writing.
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Atreides(f): 8:26am On Apr 07, 2011
New Entry: Thursday 7th of April,2011. 8:OO a.m.
I work on my novel + Class Rep Issues.
I'm sorry i haven't uploaded anything in a while-i've been swamped. Right now i'm in my Eco112 class,but since my lecturer hasn't come yet i figured i might as well write something. I had to wake up by 6 a.m today,and i am sooo NOT a morning person.

I also had to type up my Pol assignment,put it on my flash(since the printer at home's busted),get to school early and print it out at a business centre on campus. Yes,Yes,i know. Waiting till the last minute to do something isn't exactly wise.
So anyways,the past week has been pretty stressful-lectures,buying textbooks etc etc. Hostel accommodation cards are out now. I don't plan to live on campus,but as a fresher,i'm entitled to a spot. That spot can be sold. The going rate for said spot os 15,16k. That's cool money i didn't work for. So the groove is,i'll buy the card,get the accommodation and sell it to someone.

I've also been working on my novel(that's right,novel-not journal). It's something very different from what i usually write-it's a fantasy novel. I usually write romance stuff,but this book is about cool powers,the eternal battle between good and evil,evil monsters that i made up(i called them charlans-they have unnaturaly large arms,their eyes are rimmed in red,and they feed on the pain of others-as in they actually get off on people's fear,pain,terror and any other negative emotion you can think of. Creepy,huh? And then here's the super-cool hero(who's a girl),the guy she's in love with,a couple of friends etc etc. My greatest challenge hasn't been creativity,but rather putting everything i dream up in a Nigerian setting. I've been toying with the idea of uploading a few scenes on Nl,just to get your feedback.

Apart from my story ish,another problem seems to have cropped up. My sisters told me to be friendly with my class rep,because they have lots of useful info that i'll need as time goes by. She said to make sure i chatted with them a bit before i asked them for what i wanted when i called. Nothing major;just the usual how far,how was your night,etc etc.
So that's what i did. When i wanted to find out what lectures we had on a particular day,i'd call him up. I'd say,hey how ya doing,etc etc and then say 'so what lectures do we have today'? Very low-key,don't ya think?

When i missed lectures for a day he called me up and was like 'why didn't i come to school'? And i was like 'Well we only had one GST(which,by the way,is a completely useless course)'. And he says 'you better come to school tommorrow',and 'if you don't come tommorrow i'll remove one of your toes'. So I laugh(because it was funny) and I think aww,he's such a nice class rep,taking such a personal interest in his students. I didn't think anything was up-i just thought he was a nice guy,y'know? Well,it turns out i was wrong.

The next day he sends me this text message saying he's been developing some feelings for me. Like wtf? We've not said up to 20 sentences to each other in person. I hardly see him in school because he's always going up and down,and when i do see him,the sum total of our interaction is "Guy are the textbooks out?","What classes do we have today?","Where is so-and-so class holding,Basement or Lt2?",etc-and now he's miraculously developed feelings for me? Which kain wahala be all this one now?

I'm not intersted in him for a number of reasons-he's not good-looking(i suppose he's average buh he's just not my type),i don't even wanna date someone in 200level,not to talk of my mate,he's a not-so-good dresser-in fact why all this long story? He's not my type,Pere.
Now if i say No nicely,he might take that as a maybe and decide to try his luck next time. If i say No harshly,he might refuse to pass on info to me and just generally boycott my education(as best as he can).

So i've decided i'm just gonna ignore that message-act like it never existed. I saw him this morning,we said the normal hi-hi and i made no reference to the message of last night. And that's how things are gonna stay,as far as i'm concerned.
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Mobsync(m): 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2011
We always asked 4 some romantic parts nd u are abt 2 blow one away~play along with d guy nd tell us stories#lyke he tryin 2 touch your chest nd stuffs lyke dat, c'mon, be a good girl and satisfy your "fans"
^^i'm waitin,dnt fail me^^

P.S: no criticism 4rm any quarters would be taken LIGHTLY.

MEANING: if anyone esp f***** DOES NOT support wat i said,as 190 would say,and i quote-"go and hug a moderately wet transformer"
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Mobsync(m): 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2011
Besides, i 4got 2 ask about d "ZONING FORMULA" 4 d 16k~abi im no go reach my hand?
~if im no reach 'ere, i go tell your pApA say u wan nyash am .
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Carlosein(m): 10:15am On Apr 17, 2011
hmm, read all this in one day.

good work.
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2011
@Atreides,
Just finished viewihg your profile. Is that really your picture?
Well why I did that was because I have been reading your journal for some time now and although i am Impressed with the writing,I have to say I doubt whether you are really seventeen years old.
I believe you must be older and you are actually telling a story that happened years ago,when you proberbly were younger,
Whatever i have got to say you are very GOOD.
Honest now,how old are you?
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Atreides(f): 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2011
*sigh* I knew someone was gonna ask me that. I really am-i just look older than my age(y'know big bones,genetics, and all that? Plus,i've been told i sometimes have this knowing look in my eyes-don't ask me why;i mean,i'm completely innocent *winks* But,i digress). I've got nothing to gain from altering my age-if i was older i would say i was. I haven't updated in a while because too much has happened in such a short time and i'm waay too busy-but the stuff i write is what happened.
But honestly,i'm exactly the age i said i am.
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2011
@Atreides,
What you could gain by pretending to be what you are not is the SYMPATHY of your readers.
You do not write like a jambite and your write up appears to be wiser than your years.
The way you craft your prose,seems very professional.
But then if you are who you say you are I have got to say it again, YOU ARE GOOD!
Re: Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. by spora1: 6:27am On Apr 26, 2011
<< channel801  @    GMAIL   .   com >>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beautiful Love Song / ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) / My Aunt’s Husband (A Short Romantic Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.